BeneFit Cosmetics Boi-ing

3.5

Dioctyl Adipate, Octyl Stearate, Talc, Beeswax, Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax, Petrolatum, Corn (zea mays) Oil, Octyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Butylparaben, Ctiric Acid, BHA. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides. Source: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P1273&categoryId=B70

on 2/14/2014 8:53:00 AM

Me:
Fair (lightest shade for everything Benefit does)
Brunette hair
Fairly dry skin - not prone to spots very often
Constant dark circles under my eyes and sight redness on my cheeks

I use Benefit's Hello Flawless foundation over Clarin's Hydro Quench moisturiser and I love the look that gives me; naturally flawless and it helps give me an even skin tone.

I had a slight reaction to some wax last week and for some reason (stress and eating ALOT of crap) I have broke out in a few little spots and pimples... so without make up I look really run down. My usual products (detailed above) just weren't enough to maintain my usual blemish free and even complexion.
As I've been so happy with using Benefit for 'the basics' of my make up (foundation + blusher) I just nipped into Boot's, picked up Boi ing (01), paid (17.50!), and walked back out again... no questions, no checking the colour.... I just had that much faith!

Monday morning came around and after applying my foundation I set about trying out my new concealer, just using my finger I 'dabbed' the concealor onto my little red mark (where my skin had reacted to the wax) and it was gone... literally, just like that, very little blending involved... just gone! I carried on applying to a couple of pimples, and the dark circles under my eyes (it didn't cover them completely, and it says on the box that it does that - though that didn't bother me too much) and then went to work.
Throughout the day I found that everytime I touched my face I had make up on my fingertips... I'm not a fan of that scenario at all, so that put me off a little... later on, I checked my face close up in the mirror and it seemed like the heavy concealor had clung to the creases under my eyes (not that I have many - I'm only 22) and it had found my dry spots, highlighting them.

I learnt my lesson - I am now very careful about how much I put on my face and I avoid the area under my bottom eyelashes like the plague... make up in creases looks terrible!!!

Overall, I don't think I'd buy this product again, it's really expensive for something which doesn't even do what it says it does on the box - I will use it all though, which means I'll be using it for a while, so the cost hasn't bothered me too much! If you want full coverage then this isn't for you - I'm sure there's better products out there for that purpose.

on 2/12/2014 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was my very first concealer, and even then, I was utterly disappointed with it.

Pros:
- medium coverage
- able to cover both redness and acne
- inexpensive (in comparison)

Cons:
- drying, even though it's a cream concealer!: unable to be used for the undereye area
- doesn't blend easily
- not very easy to dispense, also unhygienic
- REFLECT WHITE PATCHES IN PHOTOS!

The last point is utterly unacceptable. No way will I ever repurchase.

on 2/9/2014 6:33:00 PM

I have some serious dark circles. Like, Night-of-the-Living-Dead-zombie eyes, no matter how much sleep I get. God saw it fit to make me this way. He also made sure I knew about this concealer which seems heaven sent. For years I would test out every concealer on the market that would only provide minimal coverage, like painting white over black walls. This stuff REALLY covers my dark circles. It's a little waxy so I rub it between my fingers before applying so it goes on a bit smoother.

The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because it's a bit heavy and can look cakey. I don't have many wrinkles but it manages to find the ones I do have and settle in at the end of the day.

Overall this is a great product that I will continue using and I highly recommend it. Cheers!

on 1/25/2014 1:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Great undereye coverage, shame about the creasing! This is the best match I've found to cover my undereye circles without looking cakey, but it settles into the fine lines around your eyes like no other and I find myself patting it out of the creases 4-5 times in a normal work day. Tried it with eyeshadow primer underneath it, have to say that didn't really help. It's a shame as the tone and coverage are great.

on 1/20/2014 2:25:00 PM

Used to work for benefit and didn't always rate this for under the eye as could tend to dry but since having my little girl..... Wow!!!. Covers my dark eyes and makes me look radiant again. I don't really get blemishes but those of you who do it is anti bacterial so helps to clear up spots. Fab cover x

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I loved this concealer I wore it for work for 12 hours and it didn't budge, it's nice and smooth and goes on really well the only thing that would put me off is the price

on 1/14/2014 2:20:00 AM

I'm usually not a big fan of paying big bucks for makeup that I'm going to have to throw away and replace after six months, but this concealer is pretty good. It doesn't work for under my eyes, as it ends up looking cakey, but any other redness on my face is taken care of with Boi-ing. I wear the lightest shade and it blends in perfectly with my skin! Because I use it mainly in oily areas to begin with, it doesn't dry my face out, but it is a fairly dry product.

on 1/9/2014 5:05:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I heard that this is great for under eye concealer, WRONG. It creases TERRIBLY and seriously looks awful. I can't say it looks cakey because it looks so much worse than that under the eyes. Also on blemishes it looks dry. However it's creamy and covers redness well. Will not repurchase.

on 12/30/2013 5:22:00 AM

I'm an NC30 in mac and I got the no.2 in boing. I found this concealer to be too sticky. It made the fine lines under my eyes show up... And I barely have any lines. It didn't cover my dark circles either.
Don't fall for the for the cute packaging.
It's not a concealer I would recommended for anyone to buy, I prefer my maybelline dream lumi over this any day.

on 12/26/2013 6:29:00 PM

Very good coverage, covers what i need which is pesky blemishes. However it needs oily skin types to make it blendable to use, wouldn't recommend for dry skin.

Pros:
coverage
good for acne
good for under eyes
creamy
lasts a while

Cons:
drying
not for all skin types