MAC Frost - Angel

on 5/25/2013 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I got this lipstick with MAC's back to MAC program so I didn't have to pay a cent for this (thank god). This is a pinky nude colour, the formulation is beautiful and it is super creamy when applied to the lips. The only problem I have is that it looks AWFUL on my NC25 skintone and darker pigmented lips. I look like a corpse and it really settles into the lines of my lips, it just isn't cute. The only way I can make this work is with a darker lipliner and darker gloss on top but that's just hiding the actual colour itself and isn't really worth it. I'm really sad this lipstick doesn't work for me because it is truly a beautiful colour.

on 5/25/2013 8:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this lipstick ! You could wear this lipstick on a daily bases ! It's so pretty.

on 5/21/2013 4:16:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This was my first MAC lipstick and at 16 dollars a pop, I was not impressed. The color was just not pretty for my skin. It made me look like a sick barbie doll, not a good look. I would always have to top with a gloss (usually a darker color) because it made my lips look dry and weird looking. Even after exfoliating and "prepping" my lips, this lipstick still looked...well, bad. Although I have gotten several compliments on it, I just did not think it looked good compared to other pink lipsticks I own. I bought to to use as an "everyday" color, but it just falls short for me.

on 5/21/2013 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Angel is a color that most people seem to either love or hate. I'd read so many bad reviews about it that I didn't even bother trying it for the longest time - however the last time I was at MAC I tried out Creme Cup because I heard it was a similar color to Angel, but more wearable. Interestingly enough, I found the opposite to be true in my case. Creme Cup was too pale on me and made my lips almost slightly grayish whereas Angel was what I was looking for - a baby pink that doesn't run too cool for my complexion. The only reason I took off a lippie was because on my it settles into lip lines after a little bit.

on 5/21/2013 2:07:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I'm NC20, warm/yellow undertones. This just did not work on me. It's a very cool toned pink. I just looked... weird wearing this. It didn't go with my skin tone at all. Returned it.

on 5/14/2013 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my absolute favourite lipstick ever! It looks great on me, it gives me a peachy-pink colored lips (which i love), it also makes my skin look awesome. It looks so natural on me! I think MAC lipsticks are really dry, so I recommend you to wear lip balm before putting it on. All in all, I seriously love it, I definitely will repurchase this!!!

on 5/14/2013 3:23:00 PM

I'm a fair skinned blonde and Angel is a beautiful every day color for me. Probably in my top 3 favorite MAC lipsticks!!

on 4/28/2013 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I loooooove love love this lipstick by far my favorite mac lipstick color its the prettiest color a baby pink but not frosty it looks flawless with a smokey eye this is the perfect finishing touch to any makeup look its so versatile as well can be worn day or night im on my 5th tube of this

on 4/28/2013 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Bleh, Looking at swatches online and even being able to swatch it on my skin looks promising. However, the color does not suit me when it's on my lips at all. I wanted a soft baby pink which I thought I could get from MAC's angel but NOPE! it changes into a very lilac based pink and I don't fancy the nicki minaj look so this lipstick is no bueno for me. I really think if you're cool toned this will look great on you but on my warm-yellow based skin, I'll have to decline >:

it's okay at moisturizing, a bit drying but I don't like the shade enough to put up with me - returned!

on 4/28/2013 2:20:00 PM

MAC Angel lipstick looks beautiful on the tube, and swatched on my hand, it looked just like the most gorgeous shade of pink. But it just doesn't work for me. I have thin lips that tend to get really dry and cracked, and even if I prep them and keep them as moisturized as possible with no visible imperfections when naked, this lipstick still shows every single line, crack, patches of dry skin... I believe it's the frosty finish at fault here. It looks a little better with clear gloss on top, but it's not a look I particularly like. I'd only recommend this lipstick for those with fuller lips, and definitely not for anyone with dry lips!

Popular Lipsticks