July 28, 2014 | 1591 users online

Cleansers - Albolene cleanser

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2010 6:33:00 PM More reviews by Catarah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

For all you daily makeup wearers out there:

THIS IS A GOD SEND!!!

Thanks to MUA I stumbled across this stuff! When you first open the jar, your going to be like...this is like petroleum jelly...it is but it isn't. I get about a dime size amount and rub all over my face. Then i get a nice warm washcloth and slowly rub it all off. Personally I use another gentle cleanser(Cetaphil or boscia) in conjuntion w/this....I just don't feel that the Albolene is enough on it's own.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2010 11:43:00 PM More reviews by riotkitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got this a few months ago, due to all the good reviews. It did a fine job as a makeup remover, but I ditched it when I went on all natural skin care routine. The Albolene then got moved to the shower where it functioned as a pretty good shaving cream if you don't mind a really gunky razor.

Something in my all natural routine wrecked havoc on my skin. It was a dry, scaly, peeling mess. Patches felt bumpy making me think it was acne so I got more aggressive with my anti acne toners and masks and it just got worse. It hurt too. I tried fixing it with my combo of hyaluronic acid serum and jojoba oil which usually works, but my skin was still rough and dry.

Out of desperation, I put some Aquaphor that I carry in my purse for my lips on the the scaly patches and they felt better almost immediately. I was all set to go by a jar of Aquaphor, when I remembered that Albolene had very similar ingredients and I still had a lot left. That night I used it as my make-up remover, washed my face with a gentle wash (Diana Yvonne Wheat Germ cleanser). I then put a layer of hyaluronic acid serum on my damp skin and topped it with a thick layer of Albolene. I left that on for about 30 min and then blotted the excess with tissue. I left the rest on overnight and when I woke up my skin was about 75% better. I did the same routine the next night and my skin feels almost normal. I can't believe how much this simple product saved my skin. Its my standard makeup remover from now on.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2010 6:46:00 PM More reviews by Juno77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Edit. This doesn't break me out. Everything ELSE I was using was breaking me out. This is the ONLY cleanser in the drugstore I can use without drying out my face, and I'm quite oily, I couldn't even use Cetaphil without over drying my face. It seem I was completely wrong about petrolatum/mineral oil, it doesnt seem to be comedogenic, because im SUPER acne-prone, and have very sensitive skin and its not making it worse.

The only thing I dislike about this is taking it off. I appreciate how cleansing oils emulsify and are easy to rinse off. This has to be wiped off. Im afraid of causing more saging in my skin. But aside from that this works very well. I must try to use a washcloth with hot water to remove it instead of toilet paper. Im exited that this might just replace my moisturizer as well. Well see!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2010 12:28:00 PM More reviews by rebslo

Yes, it does look like a tub of petroleum jelly and takes getting used to- but I love it for removing make up. I message a generous amount all over my face and wipe off residue with a warm washcloth. It feels like I am giving myself a home facial. Some are turned off by the oil like feeling but if you massage for a while, you will feel the oil dislodging blackheads. Sometimes I follow with a foaming cleanser- but either way I don't feel greasy afterwards. Of course no extra lotion/cream is needed. I feel clean and moisurized.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2010 2:37:00 PM More reviews by Terri50

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the best make up remover on the market! Waterproof mascara, gone. Long wearing foundation, and lipstains... Gone. Leaves your face smooth and clean. Huge jar for around $12.00!
Love it, and will always repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2010 5:46:00 AM More reviews by peunwha

i don't know what to say about this product..
hmm.. there are pro and cons.

Good: super cheap
working well as cleanser
mild, not irritating, no fragrance almost

Bad: it's like vaseline and remains subside on my face.
(but in the point that everyone has to wash face once more with foarming cleanser after using cleanse oil ( or cream). it's no big problem.)

so if you are ok with that, you can buy , but if you really don't like feeling vaseline film on your face after you apply it, then avoid.

for me, it's cheap , works well, mild and I always wash once more with foaming cleanser after oil cleanser , so it's ok to me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2010 11:46:00 PM More reviews by Jinhee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Along with my trusty pond's cold cream, Albolene is my go-to cleanser for deep cleaning. I use it once a week, usually with my bath. I apply liberally and wet a towel with hot water and put it over my face while I condition my hair. I simply rinse off and moisturize. Clean, glowing, smooth, moisturized skin that look and feel so good.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2010 12:26:00 AM More reviews by hawaiian_tropic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

HG would have never bought this if it wasn't for mua. Takes off makeup perfectly, no stinging,irritation,left over makeup on face. Even works with stubborn mascara. I use this and wash off with warm water and washcloth....followed by my favorite cleanser. I like this even more then DHC cleansing oil, clinique take the day off balm,etc. Leaves my face baby soft and somehow makes it clearer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2010 10:32:00 PM More reviews by DebbieB43

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love the feel of this product dissolving and melting away make-up that has been on all day. This looks like vaseline, takes very little product, rub it all over, even the eyes, no burning, then tissue off, or I prefer a warm wet cloth. Skin is left baby soft! Sometimes I follow up with Purity cleanser, but it's not a necessity. Best part....this is cheap, and can be found in most drugstores!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2010 8:28:00 AM More reviews by PattyLovesMakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Hazel

My mom recently bought this. I've never used it to remove makeup so I cannot comment on that but I use for my eczema. This summer has been bad for my eczema with all this heat and humidity. Albolene instantly soothes my skin and takes away redness almost instantly.