September 20, 2014 | 1777 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Stay True [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2005 11:44:00 AM More reviews by drinkmoresoup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have never been totally happy with any liquid foundation that I have tried. I got this the day before my wedding one year ago and still have some left, so I'm giving it four lippies even though I really think I should give it three--because I believe it has "expired" and I should have thrown it out months ago and gotten a new bottle. Anyways, I got the lightest shade and it is still pink on my skin. I am a PPP with yellow undertones, and though it looks great when I am looking in the mirror at home...in the car it looks gross. Looks like my face is dirty. Also, this really makes my nose shiny and oily looking. It has no real staying power and only a few hours later it looks like I have been out in heat and humidity all day. Yuck. But, as long as I blot and apply a little more powder, it looks okay. Decent.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2005 7:28:00 AM More reviews by Andriya

I went to the SA and asked for a good coverage oil free foundation with a good colour match for my skin. She showed me every single foundation they had (Lancaster, Clinique, Shiseido, Sisley, Clarins, etc) and we both agreed that the best colour match was no 27 Stay Nude in Clinique's Stay True. She gave me a generous sample and I am test driving it today. I put it on this morning at 7AM and it's now nearly 2PM and the colour has not changed at all - it is a really good colour match for my skin and does not look orangey at all! I have this problem with orange looking foundations. I am currently on Roaccutane and have a lot of redness and dryness and this does not accentuate my dry patches at all. It looks very natural and provides very good coverage. It is not maximum coverage but it is buildable and does not look cakey or fake. Tonight I will try it out using La Prairie's Cellular Treatment Rose Illusion Line Filler as a base to even out my skin tone and make my scars less visible - I only use the LP on days when I need my skin to look good cause it is so expensive! So far I am loving the Stay True - gives my skin a nice dewy finish! (I applied it using my fingers and by patting it into my skin - tonight I will use a foundation brush)

UPDATE: I've used this with LP's Rose Illusion Line Filler and they work great together. This foundation really does NOT accentuate any dry patches. It has excellent staying power but it is not difficult to remove at the end of the day! And the coverage and finish is great! Finally, my HG!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2005 2:14:00 AM More reviews by Oomi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using Stay True in Stay Sunny for years now. It's the only foundation that looks natural on me and actually stays! I only apply it around my eye, nose, cheek area to keep my skin tone even, and it does just that. My skin looks very natural with this on and one bottle lasts forever. Highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2005 11:00:00 AM More reviews by moorkitty

I went through a few bottles of this product in my oily/acne days and was pleased with it as it didn't break me out and had decent coverage and colour. Then one day I did half of my face with Estee Lauder Double Wear and half with Stay True. At the time I needed tons of coverage and Estee Lauder won out. It also glides on easier than the Stay True and doesn't slip off your face. That being said, Stay True is a good product for the price and would recommend it esp. to teens who may be on a budget. I have since graduated to Chanel Double Perfection (yum).

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2005 7:33:00 PM More reviews by beaheretic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Didn't actually buy this product, but would've liked to. Went to the Clinique counter the other week in search for a foundation that wasn't actualy harmful for your skin. Seeing as i am VERY pale, i automatically requested the lightest shade. When she sampled it on my hand, i thought it was a joke. The colour was ridiculously dark.

Once again Clinique are marketing their foundations at a limited population. Absolute fools.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2005 4:54:00 PM More reviews by clare118

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i buy this foundation all the time. it lasts ages so its quite good value for money. it blends easily and gives a really good coverage. it also looks very natural on the skin and blends in with ur own skin tone well. i want to try out a new foundation but am reluctant to do so cos this is so good!!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2005 1:38:00 PM More reviews by sparrkle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the only foundation that hasn't broken me out. I don't like the glass bottle. I mix it with lotion as I find it is drying to my skin otherwise. Overall it is the best foundation I have used so far.
    UPDATE: I have switched to perfectly real compact make-up, I wont be buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2005 4:38:00 AM More reviews by Cinderella79

I've tried several foundations (hihg end, low end brands), but I actually always return to this one. I think Stay True is far better than Superbalanced.
    I wouldn't call this my HG but it's the best foundation I've tried for my crazy, sometimes very oily, sometimes dehydrated problem prone skin. I always have 2 different foundations: one for when my skin is behaving and blemish-free, and one for when I'have my very oily period and/or want to cover up blemishes. For the last mentioned I prefer Stay True. Here is what I think:

1.Unlike other reviewers here, I have no problem with the packaging what so ever (that's not my main concern anyway).
    2.Also, it does dry fast, but I have no blending problems. Once applied, my skin is completely evened out.
    3. I agree, this foundation feels a bit heavy an dry on the skin.. AT FIRST. But after half an hour it miraculously "melts" with my skin, leaving my skin looking dewy en SUPER NATURAL!!
    4. unlike other foundations (f.e: Lancome, Chanel, Estee Lauder Maybelline, Max Factor) for combination and oily skin, this one absolutely never looks chalky. This is by far the most natural looking foundation yet covers up like the best. Just give it a few minutes to adjust and your skin looks georgeous!
    5. this never breaks me out or causes irritation!!

If your looking for a transparent and sheer foundation (read: if you have flawless perfect skin)You may wanna pass on on this. However, if you're looking for good coverage with a natural finish, this is it. It does not really control oil, but then again, I never found one foundation that actually does!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2005 2:37:00 PM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The Clinique Web site claims: "Blends easily to a smooth matte finish." But I have not found that this foundation blends easily; in fact, it seems more difficult than most I have used. Of course, this is partly due to the color being too dark for my fair skin, even though the woman at the Clinique counter sold me Stay Light, which is supposed to work for fair skin. Also, although the finish started out matte, it didn't stay matte for more than a few hours, even with powder on top. The only good thing about this foundation is that it never made me break out. Ingredients: water purified, cyclomethicone, propylene glycol, tea-stearate, kaolin, glyceryl stearate, tea-isostearate, steareth2, magnesium aluminum silicate, polyethylene, steareth 20, cellulose gum, alumina, xantham gum, trisodium edta, imidazolidinyl urea, sodium dehydroacetate, methylparaben, propylparaben. May contain: talc, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, ultramarines, bismuth oxychloride, mica, carmine. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2005 1:12:00 PM More reviews by umikaty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I chose this because after doing some research (I felt so dumb "researching" this, but anyway), compared to most other foundations, it has the least harmful ingredients (like fragrance, etc.). And maybe I just use it up fast, but it doesn't turn orange with me. Just apply it with a moist sponge (quickly), and that's it. Although, if you have *perfect* skin, I'd go for something lighter.