July 28, 2014 | 1013 users online

Polishes - Essie - Fiji

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2012 6:52:00 AM More reviews by fashionbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love the colour of this... It kind of treads a fine line between high maintenance expensive and trashy... But in a good way. I just hate the application of it. It took me 5 coats to achieve anything wearable. But it's a gorgeous milky pale pink that is opaque, and finding this kind of colour isn't easy! I probably won't buy again because I'm not a pro at applying nail polish, but I will try and use it up.
Edit: After struggling with this for awhile, I have taken to using Revlon Colorstay 020 Pale Cashmere, which achieves a similar look though slightly less opaque and slightly more neutral compared to the pink of Essie Fiji, and I have to say I find it much easier and the overall effect is a lot nicer on me. Sorry Essie, fail from me.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2012 6:24:00 PM More reviews by pinkberry1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Streaky after 3 coats.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 7:18:00 PM More reviews by Pieran

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Summer = Fiji pedicures. Total Man-bait. Do not wear to outdoor bbqs and parties unless you're comfortable being the center of male attention wearing this nailcolor :)

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2012 4:59:00 PM More reviews by kworndl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This has to be the prettiest colour on the market right now and it's absolutely perfect for summer! Problem is, this nailpolish is quite streaky and it takes 3 coats to make it look completely opaque. Would I buy it again, yes because it's a beautiful colour. Is it annoying to apply 3 times to get it just right? Absolutely. This nail polish definitely has it's pros and cons.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2012 1:15:00 PM More reviews by gabriellavascocastro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I looooove this shade, I heard a bachelorette wore this shade and had to have it! It's definitely almost white babe pink on the warm side of a cool pink (if you compare it to french affair this one is warm, but generally it's a cool pink)! It is opaque in 2 coats and lasts very well on my nails with a great base and top coat! Too many coats make it chip easier (as with any polish).

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2012 8:30:00 PM More reviews by siobhanerin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Fiji is a stunning baby pink. One of very few that is pale but goes on opaque. The formula for this polish is verrrry finnicky though. It goes on streaky and needs at least 3 coats to look smooth. It's a lovely neutral pink that looks very clean but not overdone.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2012 6:50:00 PM More reviews by LaurentEsq

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This is a beautiful pale pink in the bottle, but it does not apply smoothly at all. It streaks horribly and even with 3 coats I could not get it smooth, but did manage to make it so thick that it wouldn't dry properly. I imagine only true professionals or those extremely talented at applying polish could make this look right. If Essie could get the formula worked out on this one I would buy it again, because the color is beautiful.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2012 11:04:00 AM More reviews by nadienadie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This polish is an off white, slight pinky colour, which verges more white than pink. Can be considered as an off white, nude-y slight pinky colour. I like the Essie brush.

I personally am not the biggest fan of Essie in terms of formula but suprisingly, with three careful coats this polish will be reasonably opaque. One coat of this polish is equivalent to two coats of standard sheer Essie polishes, if you know what I mean.

The good thing about this colour is that it is not as stark as white, white on me looks tacky on my hands. Due to the colour this colour will stand out, especially with my dark skintone.

However, I definately experience cuticle drag with this polish if you do not let each coat dry before adding a next one. Due to this reason this is not the polish to apply when you are in a rush, but when you have the time to carefully and leisurely paint your nails.

Due to this reason, I don't often reach for this colour but when I am stick of blues, reds, greens etc, I'll put this on.

As far as Essie goes, its obviously not the most original colour but for a very, very light pink it is okay. Wouldn't have minded it being a little more opaque in terms of formula for my taste, but oh well!

Probably would buy again, but, saying that, as I hardly wear it, not sure that will happen anytime soon!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2012 7:35:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

Although I love the colour, just a beautiful neutral baby pink. It's one of the most streakiest nail polish I've got!
On a usual day, I don't have time to apply 3-4 coats nor do I have the patient to do so.
I wish I could wear this colour more often.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2012 8:14:00 PM More reviews by nicnacsong

Fiji is really a beautiful color. On my nails, it looks pretty neutral and clean, but it's still easy to see that's it's a baby pink, not white.
I agree with the other reviewers about the formula, though. It is absolutely terrible. So incredibly streaky and watery!!! Even after 3 coats, it still didn't look very clean and streak-free! Careful application might allow you do have an easier time, but I can't see how anyone could possibly have easy application with this.
Though I hated the formula, for me the color is worth it, so that's why i would purchase Fiji again. However, if I find a dupe with a less crappy formula, I'll immediately ditch Fiji for it.