Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream

4.2

Water, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Dilauryl Thiodipropionate, Sodium Sulfate, Fragrance

on 6/24/2012 5:59:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This cream improved greatly the conditon of my dry hands.It made them soft and did not feel greasy.

on 5/18/2012 6:14:00 PM

I love this hand cream and I have repurchased it over and over again. It provides immediate relief for dry and crackes skin.
I like to leave this on over night, but I also use this during the day. I must say that it makes my hands feel a bit sticky, but that doesn't really bother me. It even lasts during washing my hands (if I don't use the towel too vigorously), which is awesome.
It's concentrated, so you don't need much product. A tube (50ml) usually lasts me several months.
It can be a little hard to spread, but the warmer your hands the easier it is. It just needs a little more work than other creams, but I feel that it works better than them as well.
The packaging isn't the cutes (obviously) and it can be hard to get the lasts remnants out of the tube, but I'm not too bothered by that.
Will definitely repurchase again :-)

on 4/15/2012 3:22:00 PM

I work in a hospital and am constantly washing my hands which leaves them very dry with cracked, uneven looking skin and cracked cuticles. This is the only moisturizer that has turned my skin around, and I have tried many! I have to use it after every hand wash, but I use the fragrance free one and it absorbs fairly quickly. My hands are very noticeably more moisturized and the cracked cuticles are almost completely healed after just a few days of use.

I also put it on at night before bed and I wake up with beautifully moisturized hands. They look and feel so much better! It is priced mid range, but seems to go on sale a lot, and a small tube lasts a long time, even though I use it multiple times a day. Highly recommend to anyone with very dry or damaged hands.

on 3/14/2012 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I bought one tube of the unscented type long time ago. The formula is very thick and it is in a semi-transparent white color. I find it to be a bit hard to spread out evenly and my hands feel a bit sticky. I think it would be a good overnight treatment but it is not very suitable for regular uses during the day time.

Currently I have a small sample tube of the scented type in my makeup bag. It is a very good urgent relief during the day and can actually lasts a few washes. I think it would be a wonderful product for people with really dry and cracked hands. For me though, I would opt out for a lighter product unless i want rich overnight treatment.

on 3/14/2012 1:50:00 PM

This is my HG hand cream, and I've tried many! You don't need a lot of product, it soaks in quickly, and leaves a nice, soft feel to your hands. There is a light scent, but I find it pleasant. I have multiple tubes - one a work, home, and in my bag!

on 3/12/2012 2:54:00 PM

This is THE BEST hand cream I've EVER used. My hands get so dry in the winter they crack and bleed. I've tried so many lotions but none of them really helped and most of them left my hands feeling greasy and gross. Three days ago I purchased this and after ONE application I could tell a huge difference. I really couldn't believe it! At night I've been putting in on my hands and then covering them with socks before I go to bed. I've been waking up in the morning with the softest hands ever. The moisturizing effect also lasts thought a couple of hand washings which is an added bonus. I use the fragrance-free version and it has no scent whatsoever (unlike other "fragrance-free" lotions I've tried). I can't recommend this product enough.

on 2/14/2012 3:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Back when I was using proactive, my skin was peeling badly. Nothing seem to help. I had this lying around but I was wary it would clog my pores. Nope. In one night, my poor dry skin was back to normal. A lifesaver.

sometimes I put that on my face....but does wonders as hand cream. Just remember that you don't need much...too much and your hands will be greasy.

on 2/14/2012 2:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Loooove this hand cream. I wash dishes where I work and they can get dried out sometimes, especially in winter. I use this 2 or 3 times a day & my hands stay soft. I would say HG but I havent tried that many.

on 1/30/2012 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I live in Minnesota and bought this lotion thinking I was getting a small bottle of Neutrogena's Norwegian formula moisture wrap. Since I bought it for work I tossed it in my bag Saturday morning after I got home from Target and didn't even take it out of the box until this morning. Today is when I realized I'd bought the wrong thing, but since I had no other lotion at work I gave this stuff a go.

Initially I was disappointed because I LOVE the moisture wrap. As soon as I started dotting each knuckle with a tiny little dab of this hand lotion I felt annoyed with myself for not paying adequate attention to what I was buying. It looked kinda like Vaseline, and I expected a greasy mess.

Instead? Heaven. This stuff not only instantly softened my hands AND elbows after just one application, it had staying power through my somewhat obsessive compulsive hand washing habit throughout the day. (I intend to make it through this winter flu-free, so I'm washing my hands fairly frequently throughout the day.)

A little goes a long way with this lotion, and after rubbing it into my skin it took virtually no time to go back to typing, working with paperwork, looking at text messages, and so on. I've only used it twice today and my cuticles, which have been driving me mad all winter, are finally soft and content.

Can't believe how totally amazing this product is and I'm so happy I made a mistake as I probably wouldn't have given this product a chance because I'm so in love with the moisture wrap. And of course now I have to go back to Target and buy another bottle of the hand lotion for home because I want to use this stuff at bedtime too!

Highly recommended, especially if you're in a region prone to harsh weather extremes.