September 2, 2014 | 1925 users online

Moisturizers - Aveeno - Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2011 8:51:00 AM More reviews by mabsie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

There are almost no words to describe how much I love this moisturizer. Trust me, I've tried a LOT of moisturizers over the years: drugstore, high end, niche cult products, and even random 'alternative, herbal, organic' types that come from no real actual brand (from my hippie aunts who have the best of intentions). Nothing else I've tried quite sinks in as easily and quickly as this AND doesn't break me out AND actually provides adequate moisture.

I have incredibly acne prone skin and thanks to some heavy-duty acne medications, my skin is also dehydrated but not dry per se. I was at my wit's end with moisturizers until a dermatologist recommended Aveeno (in retrospect, I honestly have no idea what took me so long to try it out!) Aveeno serves my needs spectacularly. It's a light moisturizer that sinks in IMMEDIATELY upon application and it doesn't clog or break me out. My skin also loves salicylic acid for preventing blackheads and while I can't say with absolute certainty that this completely clears up the stubborn blackheads on my nose (or that it isn't due to the Stridex pads I've also been using), I can say that since using this they sure haven't gotten worse with usage at least - good enough for me. Flakies have also gotten progressively better and my skin has actually become velvety and smooth (what? me?! my skin? soft and velvety? really???) since I've started using this regularly.

I only need about half a pump to a pump depending on how dry my skin is so I find there to be a good amount of product for at least a couple of months for a fair enough price. It isn't the cheapest thing you'll find in the drugstore but for these results it's worth it (esp. compared to higher end products). The bottle has a twist lock and there's a pump so if you're a germaphobe, there's no need to stress. I find there is a very faint almost grassy scent to the lotion but it's nothing overwhelming - though not really pleasant either.

I honestly can't find it in me to say anything bad to say about this product except that no, despite the "clear complexion" name it won't ACTUALLY clear you up (probably). Also, if you're looking for a very emollient moisturizer or if you're looking to settle your SPF and antioxidant needs in one go as well you might want to try something else (although iirc Aveeno does have another moisturizer with SPF?)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2011 1:43:00 AM More reviews by marysmith93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am obsessed! I've been using this product faithfully every night for the past fout years, and you can see a difference right away after the first night of wearing it. With acne- prone skin, it had always been difficult for me to use moisturizers without breaking out. This product actually clears the skin while making it overall clearer and more radiant looking. I would recommend this to anyone with any skin type; well worth the money for such a great product.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2011 5:44:00 PM More reviews by TrulyYours

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love, love this stuff. Bought it at HEB for about $15. I was sceptical about it because years ago Aveeno products have caused cystic breakouts on me and I haven't tried an Aveeno product since. This stuff works amazing. It doesn't leave skin greasy. And actually has made my very oily skin less oily. I only use it once a day. Before applying make up let it really sink in, wait for 10 minutes. You have to try it for a few weeks to really see results. Some of my blackheads and whiteheads have dissapeared as well. The packaging is on point and I would recommend this to anyone with oily or acne prone skin. Its a little more expensive than other drugstore moisturizers but it will be money well spent.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2011 2:55:00 AM More reviews by furafura

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It took me a long time to realize how good this moisturizer really is. I stopped using it for a while because I thought it was breaking me out, but after weathering the initial (horrible) acne caused by the salicylic acid clearing out my skin (which lasted about 2 weeks) my skin's condition has improved dramatically. I noticed my skin is softer, less oily, and amazingly, the blackheads on my nose and cheeks are less noticeable!!
The texture of this moisturizer is pleasant - it's not greasy at all, and keeps the oil at bay longer than other moisturizers I use. I like the smell too, maybe it's the soy. The packaging is perfect - a pump which you can twist open and closed.
FYI: This is not the only salicylic product I'm using. I'm also using Almay's Clear Complexion foundation and concealer during the day. The foundation contains .5%, the concealer is 1%, and this moisturizer is .5%. So it's a pretty strong dose of SA and I think that's what's causing my skin to improve at such a rapid rate. But these 3 products (and Almay TLC powder) are keeping my skin looking matte and even.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2011 2:59:00 PM More reviews by heavyboots

I've been using this for about 2 months now, twice a day, and I still haven't made a dent in the bottle, so I would not consider this all that expensive - it comes out to about $8 a month which is pretty average for a moisturizer. Like some other reviewers have mentioned, I have gotten whiteheads, but only on my right cheek and cheekbone which is kind of strange. I was in denial about this for a long while, but this has been the only new product in my regimen, so it was definitely the culprit. I still use in small quantities on the rest of my face, but I apply with a magnifying mirror, making sure not to cover the whiteheads that I am trying to evade or treat. I have not noticed a more even skin tone but the lotion has not caused me to break out otherwise. I agree that the smell is really strong and pretty unpleasant (in my opinion) though I do not find it lingers for that long - only about 30 minutes to an hour. It's not very moisturizing, particularly in the colder months, so I usually follow up with the Merlot grape seed moisturizer long after this lotion dries. I went on a hunt for this after reading the positive reviews on MUA: CVS and Walgreens do not carry it, but I was able to get the last one available at Target. I'm not sure I will repurchase, but this should last me at least 2 more months. I hope to find a lotion that is more moisturizing but one that will not cause whiteheads in the long run.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/24/2011 5:42:00 PM More reviews by xxsunbeambabyxx

I have very sensitive skin; however, I have a mix of dry and oily skin. When purchasing this product, I thought it would clear breakouts from my oily areas and hydrate the dry areas. I have been using the product for about two months now... it completely dried out my face. The initial application leaves my skin feeling hydrated and smooth, but after the hydration wears off, the acne prevention starts to kick in.. and it kicks in a little too strongly. My skin literally flakes off it is so dry. Unless you have super oily skin, I would not get this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2011 8:11:00 PM More reviews by polkadotshears

This stuff is awesome!

No dry skin, prevents breakouts like it says.

Only thing I encounter is after I apply even a little bit ... as time goes on my face tends to get more oily than usual.

But it still does it's job and moisturizes. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 9/30/2011 2:50:00 PM More reviews by TanyaHm

As some people have mentioned, it really made a mess on my cheeks with whiteheads and blackheads. Never head this problem before, only after using this product for three weeks or so. Also, the smell is very strong which really keeps on your face for the whole day which doesn’t seem natural. I liked the texture as it makes your face smooth and not oily, good under the make up, but I would not use it again because of the mess it did with whiteheads.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2011 7:55:00 PM More reviews by SMG1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Love love love this moisturizer! I love Aveenno products in general but this Clear Complexion Moisturizer is perfect for my skin. I don't have horrible acne, but am prone to some breakouts and this really helps keep them at bay and if i do happen to break out this clears them up quickly. Im always switching up my face products but when i stopped using this moisturizer i could notice a change in my skin so this is my everyday never change product. This bottle looks small but actually holds a good amount of product and will last a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2011 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Shoppingisasport

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I'm so happy I have found this. The price point is in the middle, it was around $15 at Wal Mart, however it's worth every penny, and much less than a lot of prestige moisturizers. It's the perfect moisturizer for my oily, acne prone skin. I am glad I FINALLY found a moisturizer that doesn't break me out, doesn't make me greasy, and has helped clear up my skin.