November 26, 2014 | 1711 users online

Moisturizers - Aveeno - Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2012 2:52:00 PM More reviews by taurusdragonfly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Skin context: I have combination skin and get hormonal breakouts. With my dark complexion, I also have a hard time with hyperpigmentation and scars.

Great product. This Aveeno moisturizer is light enough not to clog my pores or add shine to my t-zone and the salicylic acid is gentle enough not to cause flaking and dryness on the dry parts of my face. I find it mild, soothing and usually available at the drugstore for an 'okay' price. Leaves a smooth semi-matte but moist feel. The smell is light and it doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes - also it goes under makeup like a dream - no weird oxidizing or patchiness. I don't use it everyday; it's more of my go-to normal skin day moisturizer. I alternate with cocoa butter, Clinique and Ambi depending on what is up with my face, weather, hormones, etc.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2012 12:09:00 PM More reviews by Asil106

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I decided to review the Aveeno products I started using 5 weeks ago to do my due diligence. I have combination skin - dry in the cheeks, oily in the nose and chin, uneven texture. I never had a facial regime until my face started getting dry at 30. Thus began my search. I tried Vichy, Spectro, and La Roche Posey and all seemed to either cause a film or breakouts. Then I tried this Aveeno moisturizer. I was worrried when it said 'salicylic acid' but it has completely balanced my skin. In only a couple of weeks using morning and night I actually have more even skin tone, texture and a glow. HIGHLY RECOMMEND this especially for people trying to find that balance again after trying multiple, expensive products! Note, I use the toner at night to allow moisture in. Good Luck!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2012 12:28:00 AM More reviews by yesjessica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

First, calling this a "moisturizer" is misleading. It is an acne treatment containing salicylic acid. In reality, the more you use, the dryer your skin will become.

I cannot use this everyday or else my face will react to it and become redder. If I use it before bed once in a while, however, it will clear up those clogged-looking pores for me during the night. I keep it on hand for that, and to put on my body to help clear up any backne or buttne.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2012 2:37:00 PM More reviews by maybellinegirl15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I will never buy this again. I've NEVER had issues with reacting to lotions, ESPECIALLY not Aveeno products. Aveeno has been the best lotion I've ever used, and I have normal to dry skin, usually dry during winter so I bought this thinking this will be great. After two days of using it I had this AWFUL red rash starting to show under my eyes and around my nose, but I kept using it, not thinking once it could be the lotion. By the 4th day my face was terrible. It was covered in a red itchy, yet very painful rash. It took 3 weeks to totally heal, have no idea why this happened. I use all other Aveeno products without a hitch, but I cannot use this. I don't have sensitive skin, and there was nothing in the ingredients that I'm allergic to. A warning is to try this in a very small spot of skin for a few days before using it religiously.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2011 8:08:00 PM More reviews by Jojojoanneee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was a pretty good product but I will not be repurchasing it due to Aveeno doing animal testing which I do not support. Other than that, the product was pretty good, I could feel the moisturizer sink into my skin and it didn't make me break-out.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2011 8:51:00 AM More reviews by mabsie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

There are almost no words to describe how much I love this moisturizer. Trust me, I've tried a LOT of moisturizers over the years: drugstore, high end, niche cult products, and even random 'alternative, herbal, organic' types that come from no real actual brand (from my hippie aunts who have the best of intentions). Nothing else I've tried quite sinks in as easily and quickly as this AND doesn't break me out AND actually provides adequate moisture.

I have incredibly acne prone skin and thanks to some heavy-duty acne medications, my skin is also dehydrated but not dry per se. I was at my wit's end with moisturizers until a dermatologist recommended Aveeno (in retrospect, I honestly have no idea what took me so long to try it out!) Aveeno serves my needs spectacularly. It's a light moisturizer that sinks in IMMEDIATELY upon application and it doesn't clog or break me out. My skin also loves salicylic acid for preventing blackheads and while I can't say with absolute certainty that this completely clears up the stubborn blackheads on my nose (or that it isn't due to the Stridex pads I've also been using), I can say that since using this they sure haven't gotten worse with usage at least - good enough for me. Flakies have also gotten progressively better and my skin has actually become velvety and smooth (what? me?! my skin? soft and velvety? really???) since I've started using this regularly.

I only need about half a pump to a pump depending on how dry my skin is so I find there to be a good amount of product for at least a couple of months for a fair enough price. It isn't the cheapest thing you'll find in the drugstore but for these results it's worth it (esp. compared to higher end products). The bottle has a twist lock and there's a pump so if you're a germaphobe, there's no need to stress. I find there is a very faint almost grassy scent to the lotion but it's nothing overwhelming - though not really pleasant either.

I honestly can't find it in me to say anything bad to say about this product except that no, despite the "clear complexion" name it won't ACTUALLY clear you up (probably). Also, if you're looking for a very emollient moisturizer or if you're looking to settle your SPF and antioxidant needs in one go as well you might want to try something else (although iirc Aveeno does have another moisturizer with SPF?)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2011 1:43:00 AM More reviews by marysmith93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am obsessed! I've been using this product faithfully every night for the past fout years, and you can see a difference right away after the first night of wearing it. With acne- prone skin, it had always been difficult for me to use moisturizers without breaking out. This product actually clears the skin while making it overall clearer and more radiant looking. I would recommend this to anyone with any skin type; well worth the money for such a great product.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2011 5:44:00 PM More reviews by TrulyYours

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love, love this stuff. Bought it at HEB for about $15. I was sceptical about it because years ago Aveeno products have caused cystic breakouts on me and I haven't tried an Aveeno product since. This stuff works amazing. It doesn't leave skin greasy. And actually has made my very oily skin less oily. I only use it once a day. Before applying make up let it really sink in, wait for 10 minutes. You have to try it for a few weeks to really see results. Some of my blackheads and whiteheads have dissapeared as well. The packaging is on point and I would recommend this to anyone with oily or acne prone skin. Its a little more expensive than other drugstore moisturizers but it will be money well spent.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2011 2:55:00 AM More reviews by furafura

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It took me a long time to realize how good this moisturizer really is. I stopped using it for a while because I thought it was breaking me out, but after weathering the initial (horrible) acne caused by the salicylic acid clearing out my skin (which lasted about 2 weeks) my skin's condition has improved dramatically. I noticed my skin is softer, less oily, and amazingly, the blackheads on my nose and cheeks are less noticeable!!
The texture of this moisturizer is pleasant - it's not greasy at all, and keeps the oil at bay longer than other moisturizers I use. I like the smell too, maybe it's the soy. The packaging is perfect - a pump which you can twist open and closed.
FYI: This is not the only salicylic product I'm using. I'm also using Almay's Clear Complexion foundation and concealer during the day. The foundation contains .5%, the concealer is 1%, and this moisturizer is .5%. So it's a pretty strong dose of SA and I think that's what's causing my skin to improve at such a rapid rate. But these 3 products (and Almay TLC powder) are keeping my skin looking matte and even.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2011 2:59:00 PM More reviews by heavyboots

I've been using this for about 2 months now, twice a day, and I still haven't made a dent in the bottle, so I would not consider this all that expensive - it comes out to about $8 a month which is pretty average for a moisturizer. Like some other reviewers have mentioned, I have gotten whiteheads, but only on my right cheek and cheekbone which is kind of strange. I was in denial about this for a long while, but this has been the only new product in my regimen, so it was definitely the culprit. I still use in small quantities on the rest of my face, but I apply with a magnifying mirror, making sure not to cover the whiteheads that I am trying to evade or treat. I have not noticed a more even skin tone but the lotion has not caused me to break out otherwise. I agree that the smell is really strong and pretty unpleasant (in my opinion) though I do not find it lingers for that long - only about 30 minutes to an hour. It's not very moisturizing, particularly in the colder months, so I usually follow up with the Merlot grape seed moisturizer long after this lotion dries. I went on a hunt for this after reading the positive reviews on MUA: CVS and Walgreens do not carry it, but I was able to get the last one available at Target. I'm not sure I will repurchase, but this should last me at least 2 more months. I hope to find a lotion that is more moisturizing but one that will not cause whiteheads in the long run.