Neutrogena Deep Clean Gentle Scrub

3.9

Water, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Polyethylene, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycol Distearate, Stearic acid, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylates, Crosspolymer, Linoleamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Salicylic Acid, Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Hydroxide, Cetyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Agar, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Red 30 Lake, Fragrance

on 3/25/2009 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my favorite scrub, and the only one I keep coming back to. It doesn't dry out my skin, and takes off all the flaky skin I have from using Differin or from the chilly and windy Chicago weather. I've never had any irritation from this, and it makes my face feel so soft and smooth after using it. It smells nice, kind of like oranges. I like the fact that it's cheap and readily available, and I also love the exfoliating beads in this. They're not as hard or dense as St. Ives, which I save for times when I need extreeeeme exfoliation, but the beads aren't so tiny that it feels like you're getting microdermabrasion. It's really gentle, and I use it about 3 times a week. I would definitely recommend this product.

on 3/25/2009 6:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

First of all,I know exfoliating your skin once-twice a week is important to get rid of the dead skin cells that clogs your pores,no matter what your skin type is,you must exfoliate your skin.
I have a sensitive skin so I only must exfoliate my skin once a week,I really had a doubt
trying it because of my skin type,but I tried it instead to see how it will affect my skin and
the results were horrible!
It made my skin very dry,it gave me redness and it totally stripped my skin!
I didn't able to use sunscreen for four days (I'm not sure if I can already put sunscreen tomorrow) because after the application,it made my skin itchy and it stings.
My skin is still flaking and a li'l bit itchy at this point.
I won't recommend this if you have a dry,sensitive skin like I have.

on 3/24/2009 6:14:00 AM

Great everyday scrub for combo/ oilies. Have had far, far fewer breakouts since I started using this a few years back. One of those 'oh god i hope they don't discontinue it' products.

on 3/22/2009 5:31:00 PM

Do not know if this is helping me at all. Just don't know, haha. I still use it though, damn my OCD.

on 3/2/2009 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I really like this facial scrub. I like that I can use it daily, it's gentle and mild, but also exfoliates well and gets all my makeup off. The smell is sort of orange-y and reminds me of Quality Street chocolate orange. Yummmmm. Definitely keep this around.

on 2/26/2009 5:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

this broke me out a bit.. *sigh*
and somehow this made my face feels drier than it already is..
and to the dustbin it goes.. sorry, Neutrogena. i'll stick with my fave Apricot scrub.

on 2/21/2009 12:33:00 PM

The packaging is nice, i keep this is my shower and whenever it drops on the bathtub floor it doesnt break. After just one use my face felt and looked less dry. It gave me a clean feeling and smelt really nice. I use this every morning and its wonderfull. It keeps my acne away and keeps my face nice.

Thanks, Neutrogena!

on 2/5/2009 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

This is a really lovely cleanser that I use twice a day, before I go to bed at night and when I get up in the morning. It leaves my skin feeling smooth and refreshed and prepped for moisturiser. I always tend to get a breakout or two or my skin starts to get a little dry and flaky, but this clears them up immediately. It's gentle on the skin, yet cleanses beautifully, getting rid of dirt and grime and excess oil. The beads in this are fine and grainy which help to exfoliate and rejuvenate the skin without being harsh. There is a gentle citrus scent, which isn't overpowering or strong. I find that this goes on slightly oily, but don't be fooled, it rinses off easily without leaving any residue. I also love the fact that this is super cheap for a huge bottle and I only need the tiniest bit each time. Before I was Dr. Hauschka Cleansing Cream and I really loved it, but I just hated the price and the small tube. Deep Clean Gentle Scrub is just a beautiful gentle cleanser that is perfect for me and my skin type.

on 1/25/2009 11:28:00 PM

the best scrub i have found that works for me.
like the smell. doesn't burn or irritate my sensitive skin. makes my skin feel soft and smooth. doesn't dry my skin out as bad as others.

on 1/19/2009 7:18:00 PM

This product lives up to its name - it is a gentle scrub. The scrubbing beads are medium-sized and there are a fair amount of them in the scrub. What makes this scrub different from other scrubs that I've tried by Neutrogena is that this scrub tends to moisturize my skin. This scrub works best as a daily exfoliator, in my opinion. However, if you are looking for a more intensive scrub (meaning one that exfoliates with more strength in order to noticably remove dry skin, etc.) then I suggest the Fresh Foaming Scrub by Neutrogena.