August 1, 2014 | 1966 users online

Skincare - Face - Jurlique - Herbal Recovery Gel

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2008 6:08:00 AM More reviews by chia021

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It's good to see that this product has been effective on some people. Personally, I like the fact that it's in a light gel consistency, which is great for oily skin. There's a heavy fragrance, but it disappears upon application. I bought this in Australia, where's it's definately cheaper than anywhere else in the world. Jurlique has changed it's packaging , but personally I prefer the old one. You just never know how much is left in the bottle, and that bugs me. Anyway, I don't really notice much a difference in terms of complexion. I find that my skin can tend to look quite blotchy and there may be an increase in blackheads too. I haven't stopped using it, and giving this product a second chance. Been using it for the last 4 weeks, and using it day and night. I will definately update!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2008 2:37:00 AM More reviews by caravaggista

I purchased this product with hesitation. (I stopped using Kiehl's, because I was sick of paying money for products). A friend of mine was using this product, and swore by it. I tried a few samples, and I was hooked. I started off using the balancing toner and recovery ge. A few weeks ago, I purchased the clarifying daily moisturizer. My skin has never looked better. I used to combine products to just get my skin to look half this good. I finally have the results I have been searching for. This week I ran out of my small bottle of recovery gel, and purchased the larger bottle. I think my skin was in desperate need for something healing, because I went through the first bottle pretty fast. Lately, I have been using less and less. Each day, I feel like I've had a facial. I love these products. When I go through my twice daily beauty routing, I feel like I am treating myself to something incredible.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2008 7:13:00 PM More reviews by Dagne7

I happen to be a fan of this. I like using something that's moisturizing but isn't a cream. It doesn't break me out and I actually think it helps keep acne at bay. I find that it layers with serums and sunscreen nicely if I don't over do it. It's become a must in my daily routine.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2008 6:52:00 AM More reviews by strawberrysky

My skin loves this. I used it a few years ago but I stopped because I was annoyed at the price. Recently went back to it and I remember how great it is.

I only use a small amount at night and it leaves my skin feeling fresh, soft and clear.

I must say I liked the old packaging better than the new though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2008 5:19:00 AM More reviews by bluemushroom

I am totally agree with Sauvyanna below, we can't expect a miracle from a product. we must be patient and wait for the result. its clearly contain a lot of good nutrition for our skin. anyway, i love it..I've been wearing it since last month and I notice the different with my skin. It doesn't do wonders but it helps a lot. it simply give me a natural, more healthier, glowing looking skin. maybe on some people it doesn' t work, but thats not because this product is bad, because other people have different skin, and different skin might react differently. I'm just lucky my skin love this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2008 2:02:00 PM More reviews by lchoe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product although it seems to have lost some of it's effects on me over time (started using this 3 years ago). When I first used this, my skin did look "air brushed" (tiny pores, "porcelain" finish) as well as being very firmed, lifted (but looked natural, not weird). My facialist (she used to assist plastic surgeons and is well versed with lasers) was AMAZED how much better my skin looked after I started using this. My skin still reacts well to this (don't get me wrong) but it's just not as dramatic as the first year I used this (my facialist agrees). Some products need to be rotated to keep it's effectiveness (like shampoos or conditioners) and maybe this serum is no different (for me anyway). **Update I tried Natura Bisse's Diamond Drops ($315 for 1.7 oz!) and although it felt nice, the sales kept saying how great this product is for uplifting. I did a 1/2 face test w/ Diamond Drops on one side and Herbal Recovery Gel on the other. I could literally see and feel the Herbal Recovery side more firmed. I'm impressed w/ this serum more than ever.

I cannot imagine a better texture for a serum; super lightweight, feels luxurious, smells like rosewater, not sticky and disappears into your skin (except for the beauty effects :-). I always use this in warmer weather and in the colder weather, I love to layer the Calendula Cream on top. I'd give this serum a 5 except for the slightly diminishing effects for me. I was 39 when I first tried this and now I'm 42 so maybe the diminishing effects are b/c of age? The 1 oz bottle is expensive ($67). I'd recommend to get a sample or 2, then purchase the 3.3 oz bottle ($138, a better price for the oz). I highly, highly recommend this product.

I am Korean, 42 yrs old but most think I'm 28-32. My skin products HAVE to be effective as all my life, I refuse to wear skin make-up (foundation in any form). I have combination skin (dry in winter, slightly oily in summer however prone to plugged pores). I use: DHC, Natura Bisse, Jurlique, MD Forte, Clarins.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/4/2008 2:02:00 AM More reviews by cecilia009977

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

THis expensive "recvery gel" caused me breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2008 12:50:00 AM More reviews by sauvyanna

I don't know what some of these reviewers were expecting from this product... A miracle, perfect air brushed skin, clear blemish free skin after one usage..? This product is for overall HEALTH of your skin, and in that, side effects such as, cleaer, softer, more radient skin will surface. While I, personally, DID see, and feel wonderful results after the first use, I bought it fully understanding that this is no miracle in a bottle, it's organic, all natural, nutrition for your face. And with ALL nutrition, it takes time to see a difference, you don't go on a diet and expect to lose 30 pounds in that one day, just for purchasing 100 dollars worth of diet foods. I've been using this product for three weeks now, and I was smart enough to take before photos. Looking at them , only three weeks later, and looking at my skin NOW... All I can say is wow. It's true, when they say if your thrive for health, all the positive benifits you desire will fallow. My acne scars have lightened, I am no longer dry and flaky where I was weeks ago, yet at the same time, I am no longer tremendously OILY where I once was. I went from a pale, drab, lifeless appearence in my skin, to a noticably more even fair tone, with rosey cheeks and nose. I have been using other Jurlique products WITH it, which have worked for me in the past, but only recently bought the recovery gel, and, I love it.

But then again, all skin was NOT created equally. It will not work exactly the same, for everyone, I guarentee that. But it's worth a shot.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2008 12:31:00 PM More reviews by Leftwing34

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was the first Jurlique product I've every tried, and luckily I got free samples. They call this a gel, but it is so watery, it's more like a serum. I used my samples over a two week period hoping to calm my rosacea and add some moisture to my skin. It feels very cool going on, but that is probably because of the alcohol in the product (toward the top of the ingredient list). I can't say it did anything special for my skin. I definitely would not purchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2008 6:11:00 AM More reviews by KerryGold

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The best thing about this product is its promising and seductive name. It's all downhill from there. The smell of the watery mediocre "gel" is enough to turn me off no matter how wonderful or natural its properties. My skin is mature combination and when it needs hydration there are so many better products in my collection, including Jurlique's very own fabulous calendula cream. Herbal Recovery Gel does provide some moisture but nothing spectacular, it's runny and I find the scent appalling. All in all it's unpleasant to use and the results don't justify the price.