October 23, 2014 | 1111 users online

Crème - Revlon - New Complexion One-Step Compact Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2010 8:28:00 PM More reviews by reneelet

This is a heavy coverage, no-mess foundation that's very fast to apply.

I noticed the product seemed to go "bad" after several months. Switching to a fresh compact with a fresh sponge made a huge difference in how it looked on my face. The new makeup looked much more natural.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2010 3:34:00 AM More reviews by Sofieahh

This foundation is creamy and smooth. The coverage is pretty good and really compliments my skintone and covers my problem areas, it gives a natural finish. But it does cake after a few hours and I suppose its the amount you apply on your face. This runs out more quickly compared to other bottled foundation. I would definitely repurchase this but only when it is on sale. It gives a decent (not the greatest) matte finish for me since I have oily skin. Overall I would actually recommend for people who wants a foundation thats convinient (you can bring it around in your bag) and something that offers high coverage and has a natural result.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2010 2:03:00 AM More reviews by labambina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love love love this product! i got mine in Sand Beige. It looked abit dark for my skin color but i had no choice as it was the lightest shade available and i had FAIR skin. However, when i applied it fit my skin tone perfectly. Also, it looked heavy in the compact but when applied with the sponge that comes with it, it makes my complexion perfect!!! it doesnt cake and it remains lightweight on my face all day! perfect coverage, flawless skin. I always set it with loose powder and my makeup doesnt budge at all! Loose powder is VERY important after u apply this foundation to set the makeup and helps it remain matte, and as it is a CREME after all, it might cake or turn oily for those with oily skin. As said, i have combi to oily skin so loose powder does the trick.

Packaging wise its OK, doesnt really bother me that i have to flip the compact for the sponge below each time. Price is quite reasonable too.

HOWEVER, im taking one lippie off because it made me break out real bad everytime i used it.At first i wasnt sure it this was the particular product that made me break out, so i stayed away from it for 2 weeks, and i used it again after that. AND agaain, it made me break out with small zits all over my face and neck! i guess im just sensitive to a particular ingredient in this product. I feel its such a waste because everthing else in this product worked perfectly well for me and i would DEFINITELY repurchase this again if not for the breakouts due to this product!

I wld definitely recommend this product to those who like cream-to-powder foundations, or those who like full coverage withought the heavy cakey feeling :D

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2010 12:58:00 AM More reviews by laurenparisrome

I always come back to using this product. I don't really know why I ever stop, but when I start using it again I am flattered with the results. This product is fantastic for anyone who has acne-prone skin. I get one or two cystic zits when it's "that time of month" and they usually leave a tiny scar. Revlon New Complexion covers them completely. I highly recommend this!

Keep in mind when using this product:
-Don't use too much!! ( I apply a thin layer all over my face, mainly to conceal the acne scars and discoloration. If you apply too much, the result will look thick and "cakey". This can be easily avoided if you blend it well and use least amount of product)
-Dust a matte powder over it ( Once I've finished applying this product, I dust Rimmel Matte Powder all over my face. It really helps keep this Revlon foundation stay shine-free, which is something I see many reviewers comment about.)

Overall, I definitely recommend this product. It's cheap, but good quality for what it is! I don't really have any bad comments, except for the fact that the sponge gets worn out a little quicker than I'd like. Other than that, give it a try! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2010 8:03:00 AM More reviews by amyeom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this product since before it existed in its present compacted incarnation: back when it was in a roll-up stick like 15+ years ago. I ALWAYS come back to this. I suppose it would actually be more accurate to say I never leave this as I've always got a spare under the counter, even though I will try something new once in a while when the boredom or curiosity strikes. If you dislike the creamy compact, but still want something with complete quality coverage, the Lancome oscillation fits the bill -- albeit at triple the expense and with a gimmicky vibrating applicator you don't need to activate. For now, I sort of alternate between them. Love the full [relatively undetectable] coverage of both completely different style of product, but beginning to notice settling into my 35-year-old post-partem pores. I've wondered if an airbrush foundation might be a light-weight, solid-coverage solution, but until the price comes down to earth, I'm content taking better care of my skin and sticking with Revlon's $11 old faithful. Note: the round sponge applicators from Target make a SIGNIFICANT difference in the application of Revlon One Step Compact. I only keep the thin one that comes with it for out-and-about touch ups.. those round sponges from Target enhance the performance of the product IMMENSELY.. it might be worth trying with one of those if you didn't like it so much the first time

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2010 4:20:00 PM More reviews by ashleey96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

PROS: I actually quite like this foundation because it covers my acne scars but still looks natural.. however if you cake too much on, it can make pores look huuuuge! its not the best colour match ever but good compared with most foundations I try :\ im MAC NW40/NC42 & wear this in Rich Tan (teensy bit too dark)! This didn't break me out & actually controls my oily skin! :D

CONS: The sponge thing that came with this foundation is really unhygienic even tho i wash it in very hot water after every use.. I feel like I'm spreading bacteria all over my already spotty face lmaao!

EDIT: not natural enough after layering & has the wrong undertones so im taking my 4 down to a 3

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2010 11:04:00 PM More reviews by Faffinette89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this while looking for a comparable dupe for mac studio tech. I'm nc 42/43 for reference and got this in "natural tan", okay match but not the same color. Worked though.
Pros
+ $10 and can be purchased just about anywhere
+ has sunscreen
+ creamy
+ medium- full coverage
+ compartment for puff

Cons
- poor color selection, most store only carry 6 shades
- not as thick as studio tech so you need to use more to get the same coverage
- cheap packaging
- low quality puff, thinking of replacing it with a mac puff

This did make my skin look flawless and covered redness and acne. Gets alittle shiny in the t-zone but not oily, just dewy. But so does studio tech on me which can be fixed with some powder.
I don't recommend this for people with oily skin as they might have a problem with oily with this foundation.

I take off one lippie because of the cheap packaging and how the consistency isn't up to mac studio tech and you need to apply more for the desired coverage.

All in all this is a suitable dupe for mac studio tech. For $10 compared to $30 I will buy this again if I cannot get the mac one and also for days I don't want to waste my mac one like if I'm just running errands ect, plus this is good if I'm going to be outside for the sun protection. I have also used covergirl aquasmooth which is not a comparable dupe so I don't recommend that one. The packaging is very cheap so I recommend getting a mac sponge or using something else to apply.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2010 11:16:00 PM More reviews by kittybearchiyo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Goes on smooth, lovely texture. I usually get a little on my hand and mix it with some moisturizer, but it's not too heavy for me to use with the sponge.

I was a bit worried about the color; I got the lightest shade and it still looked too dark, but once I put it on my skin it looked great.

Not the best I've used, but still pretty good.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2010 1:22:00 AM More reviews by maybelle

I'm going to state that I would only buy this item again if there was a better color range...the color range is awful! The color choices went from too light and cool to too dark even for my summer skin. I tried the slightly too dark one, and I really liked the coverage and the texture. This would be a very good compact foundation otherwise.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2010 3:22:00 AM More reviews by greenie247

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product is great! The coverage is fantastic and somewhat buildable, as long as you don't let it set before adding another layer. My only problem with it is that even the lightest shade is too dark for me. I bought it thinking I could make it work, and it's fine if I am going out at night and am going to be in a dimly-lit place (lol), but it's way too obvious in the daytime. I wish they would come out with lighter shades.

I was wearing this one day just to make some videos for YouTube and laze around the house. I cooked dinner, which had me standing in front of the stove in high heat and steam for a good amount of time and I was surprised to find that the makeup outlasted the heat and still looked flawless! That was amazing, since my skin is fairly oily in most spots.

I find that I do need a powder over this, because of my oily skin. I usually use either L'Oreal Hydra Perfecte translucent powder or Make Up For Ever HD powder. Both work well with this.

All in all, I am giving the product five lippies because the formula is exceptionally fantastic, even though the colors don't match me. (boo!) :)