April 18, 2014 | 752 users online

Loose Powders - Maybelline - Shine Free Oil Control Loose Powder

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2008 8:52:00 AM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I ran out of my powder, and this was at CVS for only $5.99. I think this sets the makeup well HOWEVER it doesnt control my shine. I will only use this as a backup, but definitely not on of my favorite. I guess this is why I cant use drugstore makeup, because my skin is too oily and uneven that I have to find stuff that really really works even if i have to buy it at an expensive brand.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2008 10:34:00 AM More reviews by jitterbug

Ya know something, I always come back to this product. For years I was using Cargo pressed powder, but I really like this stuff. It's good for my sensitive skin, makes my pale-olive skin look fresh, soft and clean. My skin is luminous after use. My only complaint is that even though I still have a ton of powder left, I usually end up tossing it and buying a new one sooner than I should becuase the powder puff gets dirty and flat so fast. I should probably just buy new puffs then huh! In any case, this stuff is great and affordable. High-end makeup isn't neccessary girls!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2008 12:00:00 PM More reviews by chainblinger

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've tried only three powders in my lifetime and this is my favorite.I apply it with a brush and covers like a fondation but it controls oil but shine does seap through.Overall i love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2008 7:07:00 AM More reviews by ricerice

this powder is surprisingly good, i use this one in medium (i think) and i'm an NC 25, it;s the perfect shade of colour and does not show on my skin at all. it gives your skin a very smooth finish and keeps the oilies at bay for only about 4 hours (without reapplications), i cant really ask for more for a product so cheap. i will deffinitely buy it again (i used to use jurlique silk dust but i'll deff switch to this when i finish jurlique because this is much finer and doesnt leave a white cast).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2008 3:15:00 PM More reviews by besidetheocean

I've tried several brands and types of powder and this is the best that I've found so far. The light shade is a good match for me in winter and medium is perfect in the summer. I like to apply this with a kabuki brush if I can but the included powder puff works just fine as well. This is great when used to set foundation and keeps shine away for several hours. I also use this without foundation on weekends or whenever I'm having a good skin day and it gives a nice light finish that covers fairly well. I like this powder so much that I tend to carry it around with me in my purse, which can cause too much powder to dump out onto the puff and I end up wasting some of it this way because I have to shake off the excess. Either way, this product is going to be a staple in my makeup bag for a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2008 1:22:00 AM More reviews by emmygomez

I LOVE this powder! Not only is it cheap, but its quality for loose powder is pretty decent. If you guys haven't noticed, most "loose powders" tend to look cloudy and pinkish (for this price range). I tried this powder once when I was in my ever-lasting journey to find the perfect face products (combo/oily skin, slightly paler skintone than my neck=medium-tan). I absolutely love how its actually more sheer than any powders I have used (the other one that's good, but I'd prefer this one to it, would be Cover Girl's Fresh Pocket Powder). My true test to figure out if its good is to apply the makeup, then swipe my nose with a tissue. If colors comes off, then I hate it. I use this with NYC medium concealer, and Cover Girl Smoothers tinted moisturizer (light to medium). My face feels fabulous, and my face product journey has finally ended for good!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2008 11:06:00 PM More reviews by chanelleecheese

NW 35. combination / oily skin. no sensitive skin.

pros : it controls oil for about 4 hours. (good enough for me :].) won't clog pores. it's really sheer, and it won't change your skin color. (mine is a little too light for me.)

cons : it has a little bit of smell to it. the lid cracked when i dropped it, and i can't take off the sifter without spilling the whole thing. the top isn't a screw top, and that means i can't keep this in my bag, no matter how much i like it.

overall : i'd buy this again, but i can't find it now.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2008 3:01:00 AM More reviews by mayanii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Bought this on eBay so I don't know the retail price. It's not sold here anymore anyway.

I think I received a defective product because the powder was all over the place when I opened it. But it's okay, not a huge problem. Makes me look pale when I use the puff but the coverage is good when I use my powder brush. Controls oil well but I would agree that it would be impossible to find powder that controls oil very well.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2008 5:20:00 PM More reviews by reasonle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this powder... This is all i use on my skin and I look very natural but evened out.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2007 5:03:00 PM More reviews by Ayiti

I recently purchased this to tide me over until payday, at which point I'll probably purchase the Chanel Poudre Libre (why, yes, I am a broke college student! What gave it away? Though I guess with gas prices now, anyone could use an excuse to save money). I've noticed that lately my mineral foundation isn't controlling the oil as well since I've changed cleansers, so I wanted a nice finishing powder to control shine in my t-zone.

Pros:
-Controls shine throughout the day. Mission Accomplished.
-It seems to be fairly translucent...There was only one shade at my local CVS (Translucent Light, I think?). It seems to match my light skin tone with very "high yellow" undertones.
-It hasn't broken me out (yet?), despite having talc. My skin is really sensitive to makeup and skincare products, especially upon switching products.

Cons:
-Like a lot of matte powders:
-it seems to settle into pores,
-if you use it generously, it may be obvious you're wearing powder.
which take away from the "flawless" appearance.
-Though the smell isn't pronounced, it isn't very pleasant.
-You get what you pay for in terms of quality: this powder is neither silky, nor fine, and doesn't leave a silky-smooth feeling that other powders have the ability to achieve.

Overall, pretty good loose powder for the money...I probably WOULD repurchase, but I probably won't, because I'm
looking for a keeper.
***EDIT***
I came back and took a lippie off because it turns out this powder has started to break me out. Fantastic!...