Maybelline Shine Free Oil-Control Loose Powder

3.6

Talc, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Kaolin, Methylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Silica Silylate, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491), Ultramarines (CI 77007)

on 10/22/2009 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my absolute favorite setting powder. It's light, inexpensive, and pretty good at keeping me shine-free (I either blot once during the middle of the day or not at all). I also use it in my hair to soak up the second-day oilies. The container is a bit poor quality (the lid comes off and cracks easily), but I can overlook that because you get so much product. I got this powder last June or July and have used it just about every day since then and still have 1/4 of the container. I just can't stand the fact that there's glitter in it; it isn't obvious at all, but just knowing that it's there is disconcerting.

on 10/1/2009 6:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought this when I ran out of powder and decided to opt for a cheaper option.
I found that the powder (even in "light"), was too dark for my complexion, and gave me an orange cast. It also was not good in controlling oil - my skin already looked oily after a few hours.
I will definitely not buy this again

on 8/25/2009 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I bought this product because my skin gets shiny very easily. It took away shine for maybe 2 hours. I like that is goes on smooth and is oil-free but I just wish it would be better at controlling shine as advertised.

on 8/2/2009 1:36:00 PM

This is an okay powder i guess..i haven't really used it because i got it in medium but it made me look orange! and it was too dark. anyway i guess it does eliminate shine though!

on 6/30/2009 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I needed a powder to control the shine on my face and I wanted an oil-free and fragrance free powder. I tried Clinique's stay matte powder and it didn't do much. For some reason, I become so much more oily with their products. I set out to buy this after going through reviews on this website. I must say that for a drugstore product and the price, it does a pretty good job. It's not perfect, because I do have to blot twice during my 8hour work day, but that's still isn't bad. I never have to do touch ups, because this powder does set in nicely. It gives me a nice matte finish and doesn't wear off easily. It hasn't broken me out, yet, but I will update if it does.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is my first loose powder. I always settle in with a compact as I am afraid of spilling or over using the loose powder. I finally bought one from Mayb because I already have their mousse. It was the least expensive too (under $5) and I thought why not give it a try.
It comes with a very "useless sponge" (courtesy:the below reviewer) but I love the color and the texture of this one. It is sheer and goes on smoothly and keeps your face intact for a few good hours. Oiliness kept at bay it also doesn't clog my pores. It (medium) is neither yellowish or pinkish and is perfect for my skin tone. I would buy it again.

on 3/27/2009 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have to be careful because some products can look orange on me which this one does. It comes with a useless sponge but it doesn't matter any way because it's going in the trash. Didn't control any of the oillies that I get either... might work for others that have less oily skin. It comes in two colors, I got the light one because I'm pale. In the trash it goes!

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

First off this powder works well for shine and looks good.
But why is "light" oh so dark? sheesh so disappointing!
:( please recs for translucent or light loose powders!

on 9/25/2008 8:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I bought this because I ran out of my powder, and this was at CVS for only $5.99. I think this sets the makeup well HOWEVER it doesnt control my shine. I will only use this as a backup, but definitely not on of my favorite. I guess this is why I cant use drugstore makeup, because my skin is too oily and uneven that I have to find stuff that really really works even if i have to buy it at an expensive brand.

on 8/13/2008 10:34:00 AM

Ya know something, I always come back to this product. For years I was using Cargo pressed powder, but I really like this stuff. It's good for my sensitive skin, makes my pale-olive skin look fresh, soft and clean. My skin is luminous after use. My only complaint is that even though I still have a ton of powder left, I usually end up tossing it and buying a new one sooner than I should becuase the powder puff gets dirty and flat so fast. I should probably just buy new puffs then huh! In any case, this stuff is great and affordable. High-end makeup isn't neccessary girls!!

Recommended for Normal Skin