December 22, 2014 | 882 users online

Loose Powders - Maybelline - Shine Free Oil-Control Loose Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2009 1:36:00 PM More reviews by XOemXOXO

This is an okay powder i guess..i haven't really used it because i got it in medium but it made me look orange! and it was too dark. anyway i guess it does eliminate shine though!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2009 12:07:00 PM More reviews by sm1983

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I needed a powder to control the shine on my face and I wanted an oil-free and fragrance free powder. I tried Clinique's stay matte powder and it didn't do much. For some reason, I become so much more oily with their products. I set out to buy this after going through reviews on this website. I must say that for a drugstore product and the price, it does a pretty good job. It's not perfect, because I do have to blot twice during my 8hour work day, but that's still isn't bad. I never have to do touch ups, because this powder does set in nicely. It gives me a nice matte finish and doesn't wear off easily. It hasn't broken me out, yet, but I will update if it does.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2009 4:19:00 PM More reviews by nailippomaniac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first loose powder. I always settle in with a compact as I am afraid of spilling or over using the loose powder. I finally bought one from Mayb because I already have their mousse. It was the least expensive too (under $5) and I thought why not give it a try.
It comes with a very "useless sponge" (courtesy:the below reviewer) but I love the color and the texture of this one. It is sheer and goes on smoothly and keeps your face intact for a few good hours. Oiliness kept at bay it also doesn't clog my pores. It (medium) is neither yellowish or pinkish and is perfect for my skin tone. I would buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/27/2009 3:35:00 PM More reviews by mrsmacdonald

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have to be careful because some products can look orange on me which this one does. It comes with a useless sponge but it doesn't matter any way because it's going in the trash. Didn't control any of the oillies that I get either... might work for others that have less oily skin. It comes in two colors, I got the light one because I'm pale. In the trash it goes!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2009 6:05:00 PM More reviews by SweetToothedAnna

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

First off this powder works well for shine and looks good.
But why is "light" oh so dark? sheesh so disappointing!
:( please recs for translucent or light loose powders!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2008 8:52:00 AM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I ran out of my powder, and this was at CVS for only $5.99. I think this sets the makeup well HOWEVER it doesnt control my shine. I will only use this as a backup, but definitely not on of my favorite. I guess this is why I cant use drugstore makeup, because my skin is too oily and uneven that I have to find stuff that really really works even if i have to buy it at an expensive brand.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2008 10:34:00 AM More reviews by jitterbug

Ya know something, I always come back to this product. For years I was using Cargo pressed powder, but I really like this stuff. It's good for my sensitive skin, makes my pale-olive skin look fresh, soft and clean. My skin is luminous after use. My only complaint is that even though I still have a ton of powder left, I usually end up tossing it and buying a new one sooner than I should becuase the powder puff gets dirty and flat so fast. I should probably just buy new puffs then huh! In any case, this stuff is great and affordable. High-end makeup isn't neccessary girls!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2008 12:00:00 PM More reviews by chainblinger

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've tried only three powders in my lifetime and this is my favorite.I apply it with a brush and covers like a fondation but it controls oil but shine does seap through.Overall i love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2008 7:07:00 AM More reviews by ricerice

this powder is surprisingly good, i use this one in medium (i think) and i'm an NC 25, it;s the perfect shade of colour and does not show on my skin at all. it gives your skin a very smooth finish and keeps the oilies at bay for only about 4 hours (without reapplications), i cant really ask for more for a product so cheap. i will deffinitely buy it again (i used to use jurlique silk dust but i'll deff switch to this when i finish jurlique because this is much finer and doesnt leave a white cast).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2008 3:15:00 PM More reviews by besidetheocean

I've tried several brands and types of powder and this is the best that I've found so far. The light shade is a good match for me in winter and medium is perfect in the summer. I like to apply this with a kabuki brush if I can but the included powder puff works just fine as well. This is great when used to set foundation and keeps shine away for several hours. I also use this without foundation on weekends or whenever I'm having a good skin day and it gives a nice light finish that covers fairly well. I like this powder so much that I tend to carry it around with me in my purse, which can cause too much powder to dump out onto the puff and I end up wasting some of it this way because I have to shake off the excess. Either way, this product is going to be a staple in my makeup bag for a long time.