MAC Velvet - Mulch

4.5

on 12/27/2010 4:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I believe it was 3 yrs ago for the company summer party I decided to gor for a proffesional make up do from a MAC Make up artist. I wanted very proffesional cat walk smokey eyes and nude lips to go with my BCBG dress. Mulch was the eye shadow that the MA used. I was utterly terrified when he reached for this gold flecked brown color for I made it precisely clear that my dress was grey - black and I wanted black smoky eyes. After a heavy layer of foundation (thats what you need for true smoky eyes and nude lips) he layered my lids with some neutral eye shadow as base and used mulch just on the lids. Then use very black kohl (can not remember the exact name of the MAC eye liner) to line my eyes and smudge it all over mulch. And then he layered again with mulch. To finish it off he defined the bottom of my eyelashed with a waterproof eyeliner. And ofcourse with mascara. Not only it looked lovely and just like what I wanted, everybody complimented my make up. It stayed all night too. There are some pictures taken at the end of the night and after some heavy partying my make up is still good. lol :))). And here is the trick: Because he used mulch dark smokey eyes did not look so harsh on my fair complexion.

on 12/25/2010 9:20:00 PM

this is one of my first MAC eyeshadows and i am in love! i like to wear this in the crease with woodwinked on the lid, and it brings out my blue eyes perfectly. IMO this is a very universal shade and would look good on any eye colour. it's a gorgeous bronzey brown with golden shimmers. love it!

on 12/22/2010 9:36:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This was actually one of the first MAC eyeshadows I bought and I love it ever since. Its not to warm for my skintone but really brings out my blue eyes. I usually mix it with groundwork paint pot and era eyeshadow. I am on my second pan, so yes I did buy it again. Great for enhancing blue or green eyes-

on 11/16/2010 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my HG brown! It is a brown version of Twinks, which is more plum. It is a beautiful dark brown with gold flecks but not too overboard for daytime. I use it with All That Glitters and Brun for a beautiful smoky brown eye. Makes my green eyes stand out even more. I have to force myself to use the other e/s pans in my palette because I want to put this on every day :)

on 10/31/2010 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

i don't like this as much as i thought i would. it's definitely a very nice color, especially when you swatch it, but most bronze brown shades i put into my crease ends up all looking very similar that i don't have the excitement of raving about it. but recently i've tried packing it on my lid and using a dark brown or antiqued in the crease and i like it a lot more that way. placing it on my lid, you can really see the color better. the pigment is of course, great. most mac eyeshadows are good, just a handful aren't.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I received Mulch as a gift, and I actually really like it. I wasn't too excited about it at first, but after trying it I was really impressed. I prefer natural shades, and this definitely fits into that category. I thought it would be a little more bronzed though, but it was a little bit more plum than I expected with gold reflects.

on 10/6/2010 9:46:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

One of my staple eyeshadows! Most of the time, I use this and a highlight color and I'm good to go! Love it!

This and NAked Lunch were my first MAC eyeshadows ever, I really like this shade it is a nice neutral coppery/bronzy color, very pigmented, smooth, and bendable. I highly recommend this shadow.

on 10/4/2010 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

This is my everyday go to eye shadow. I wear it by itself as a sheer all over lid color. There's a little bit of shimmer in it, but it's barely noticeable.

on 9/29/2010 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Packed on, it's a chocolate brown with some gold shimmer running through it. When blended out, it turns into a slightly reddish muddy color and loses the shimmer. I wish it was more shimmery.