MAC Velvet - Mulch

4.5

on 12/25/2010 9:20:00 PM

this is one of my first MAC eyeshadows and i am in love! i like to wear this in the crease with woodwinked on the lid, and it brings out my blue eyes perfectly. IMO this is a very universal shade and would look good on any eye colour. it's a gorgeous bronzey brown with golden shimmers. love it!

on 12/22/2010 9:36:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This was actually one of the first MAC eyeshadows I bought and I love it ever since. Its not to warm for my skintone but really brings out my blue eyes. I usually mix it with groundwork paint pot and era eyeshadow. I am on my second pan, so yes I did buy it again. Great for enhancing blue or green eyes-

on 11/16/2010 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my HG brown! It is a brown version of Twinks, which is more plum. It is a beautiful dark brown with gold flecks but not too overboard for daytime. I use it with All That Glitters and Brun for a beautiful smoky brown eye. Makes my green eyes stand out even more. I have to force myself to use the other e/s pans in my palette because I want to put this on every day :)

on 10/31/2010 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

i don't like this as much as i thought i would. it's definitely a very nice color, especially when you swatch it, but most bronze brown shades i put into my crease ends up all looking very similar that i don't have the excitement of raving about it. but recently i've tried packing it on my lid and using a dark brown or antiqued in the crease and i like it a lot more that way. placing it on my lid, you can really see the color better. the pigment is of course, great. most mac eyeshadows are good, just a handful aren't.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I received Mulch as a gift, and I actually really like it. I wasn't too excited about it at first, but after trying it I was really impressed. I prefer natural shades, and this definitely fits into that category. I thought it would be a little more bronzed though, but it was a little bit more plum than I expected with gold reflects.

on 10/6/2010 9:46:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

One of my staple eyeshadows! Most of the time, I use this and a highlight color and I'm good to go! Love it!

This and NAked Lunch were my first MAC eyeshadows ever, I really like this shade it is a nice neutral coppery/bronzy color, very pigmented, smooth, and bendable. I highly recommend this shadow.

on 10/4/2010 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

This is my everyday go to eye shadow. I wear it by itself as a sheer all over lid color. There's a little bit of shimmer in it, but it's barely noticeable.

on 9/29/2010 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Packed on, it's a chocolate brown with some gold shimmer running through it. When blended out, it turns into a slightly reddish muddy color and loses the shimmer. I wish it was more shimmery.

on 9/27/2010 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Mulch is an eyeshadow that I thought I would only reach for once in a while. I find myself reaching it for it every day!! It's my favorite shadow to use as liner - especially over powersurge eye kohl. It also works great to darken the outer v or even a light wash all over the lid. Mulch makes my green eyes pop and it looks good with so many other shadows. I wear it a lot with naked lunch, all that glitters, patina, woodwinked, era, and grain. I just love it! It's a warmer brown, but not too warm that us cool-tones can't pull it off. It warms up my eyes nicely and it's such a beautiful brown-bronzey color. Definitely give this one a try!