July 31, 2014 | 2074 users online

Mascara - Revlon - Lash Fantasy Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2009 7:06:00 PM More reviews by macaston

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i love this mascara! it usually doesn't clump and it makes my lashes long, but i wish it was blacker and made my lashes look thicker.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2009 11:58:00 AM More reviews by krumrill

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This mascara is great. It is a bit more time consuming to apply, but it's definatelly worth it. I use a double coat of the primer, since it does most of the work. I wait for them both to dry before reapplying. The black side doesn't do too much besides deposit color, but the end result is beautiful, long lashes. It's also very easy to remove with soap and water.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2009 6:44:00 PM More reviews by lifeismusic

I got this mascara as a gift for Christmas. I have been really looking into trying to find my own HG mascara that will do wonders for my eyelashes. Unfortunately, I'd have to say that this mascara just didn't fit the bill...for me.

1. It is a 2 step mascara. I'm sorry, but I don't have much time in the morning. Much less time for a 2 step mascara.

2. The Wand. I like the plastic bristles on this wand, however they seem to be all one sized. It isn't tapered like my Define-A-Lash...making it more difficult to get those tiny lashes.

3. The packaging. Because its a 2 step mascara it feels awkward for me to open the tube. You have to flip the mascara back and forth in your hand to alternate sides. not to mention it is a bit longer than my regular 1 step mascaras.

4. The Process: First I curl my lashes, slowly open the primer side, twisting the wand as I pull up so as to wipe off any excess on the bristles and what do I see? Clumps of product on the wand. So, I wipe off the excess and apply it to my eyelashes. I smell a faint odor almost like a rancid furniture polish. I then go to the mascara side and do the same as before (still wiping off the excess), and again apply to my eyelashes. Then I let the mascara dry.

5. The Results: This mascara is okay. ONLY okay. It lenghtened my already naturally long lashes and added a teensy bit more volume to my somewhat full lashes. I wouldn't add more than one coat for this mascara because, despite the rubber wands...the product still clumps your lashes into mini liberty spikes. If YOU think that that look is sexy then by all means this is the mascara for you...but for me I prefer mascara that adds huge volume and a bit of length and doesn't clump my lashes together. It did sting my eyes a bit when I put it on and I felt like my eyes were drying out as well. It also gave my lashes that hard, waxy feeling. Almost as if my eyelashes had hairspray on them. It didn't seem to flake off as much throughout the day as some of my other mascaras tend to do. It also seemed to clean up much easier than my other mascaras.

Overall I think this mascara was okay for a gift. If I had spent my own money on it, then I think I would've been much more disappointed. This is a mediocre mascara that gives okay results with some setbacks. By no means would I call this a "Lash Fantasy" for me... but maybe something more like a "Lash Delusion."

***EDIT***

I was forced to use this mascara while visiting family. I found that when used in tandem with Maybelline's Define-A-Lash, it works quite well. I still have to work on getting the 2 step thing down but its not as bad as I was making it seem.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2009 4:06:00 PM More reviews by Katras

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

So in my attempt to find a animal-friendly mascara I can across Revlon's Lash Fantasy and although not a great mascara it will do in a pinch. I tried applying it two ways and here's what I found:
Method 1: Curl lashes + apply primer + apply mascara = straight lashes and some clumping.
Method 2: Curl lashes + apply mascara + apply primer to tips of lashes + apply more mascara = minimal clumping but dramatic lashes, not as full as I like but still dark and thick.
Overall, it's an okay mascara that clumps very little and washes away easily with water and doesn't flake. I will continue to use and will buy as my drug-store mascara until I find something better.

continued >>

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2008 11:21:00 PM More reviews by Intermission

I Hate this stuff!.. it takes SO much time, if your in a rush in the mornings then this isnt for you.
also it makes lashes stick togther and is very clumpy.
ive tried everything to make it work...
the mascara over wet primer.
the mascara over dried primer.
the mascara alone.

NOTHING helps!

i want my money back.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2008 5:23:00 PM More reviews by flcndvsx

My eyelashes are naturally long and full, I just like to have that extra push every now and then. I wasn't satisfied with the overall performance of the mascara. I use the primer often as a base for other mascaras, to add that extra kick of length. If you have 30 minutes for makeup each day, go ahead and get this. I also have a problem with plastic brushes. They just don't do it for me, and I am always poking myself in the eye.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2008 10:54:00 AM More reviews by eritreanempress

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

A sale at Rite Aid persuaded me to try this seeing as how I have a lash obsession as of late.Worthless mascara. Seriously, I'm trying to decide which one is worse, this or Lash Exact. Does NOTHING for my lashes. Even with primer and several coats of the mascara itself, absolutley no difference. I got this as a free product @ Rite Aid so it's not as if I paid for it but nevertheless it still sucks.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2008 5:36:00 AM More reviews by tarzannatiger

i actually got this product free in a magazine and was the best $7 i ever spent. i love this mascara is the best ever and the best two step mascara because usually they'd make my eyelashes really think.
although you have to becareful not double layer either the primer or the tint because otherwise it gets too thick and gets clumpy.
be quick when applying.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/14/2008 11:22:00 PM More reviews by csams

I really didn't care for this mascara at all. After curling, applying primer, combing lashes (because the primer made my lashes stick together), applying mascara, and combing again (mascara was clumpy) I would expect to have FABULOUS lashes. Instead, I could barely tell the difference between my primered/mascara'd lashes and my naked lashes. My only consulation is that I got my tube free at CVS.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2008 4:19:00 PM More reviews by mrsmacdonald

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This waterproof mascara was truly the worst mascara I've ever used. It started flaking the moment it dried. I will never use this again! I'm still looking for a good waterproof mascara. It's a must have for me since my eyes water.