Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka

3.8

on 6/23/2011 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium

A friend loved this and for some reason I loved it in the store. I just tried it again. however, and something just isn't right. It smells of like.... musky baby powder. That's the best way to describe it. My husband thought it was okay but something about it just did not agree on my skin, I guess.

on 6/23/2011 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This fragrance has the most gorgeous bottle and the best thing is it sprays from the stem of the apple! Very cute :D
The scent is gorgeous. It has a kind of strong initial scent that is a little spicy, but dries down to a lovely musk with a more sensual vanilla.
It lasts a long time and lingers vanilla, so when you're in the mood to smell a little warm yet fresh, this is definitely the way to go.

on 6/20/2011 4:53:00 AM

I love this perfume but I don't use it much.

It's incredibly complex with a basket of spicey-musky smells (notes include liquorice, anise, vanilla and violet). Very recognisable and will get noticed and complimented. A few people really dislike the anise notes but that's just personal preference.

The packaging feels a bit cheap, the actual bottle is quite nice but the stick nozzle is not user friendly.

on 6/19/2011 2:45:00 PM

Lolita Lempicka is definitely sweet. But unlike many other perfumes, the sweetness here isn't foodie nor floral and I don't find it to be a necessarily girlish scent.

As so many others have mentioned, the licorice/anise note is very prominent here. But don't think candy licorice, rather it's the star anise straight out of the spice cabinet - spicy (in a peppery way), musty, and with a peculiar sharpness. The heavy ivy note in the beginning also adds a rather intense (imo) greenness. There is a sweetness to the beginning as well but it's obviously separate from the ivy and licorice. It's as if someone put a bowl of sugared water beside the anise and the ivy and then you took a deep inhale..... Separate, but together. I find the overall result is a somewhat medicinal (but not necessarily in a bad way) opening; perhaps a bit too sharply green for my own personal taste but still nice enough.

The middle is where the ivy fades a great deal and seems to be replaced by a woodiness. It's still quite green but the vanilla starts to creep out and the sweetness from the vanilla seems to mix in with the other notes and the sugar tempers the sharpness a bit. The spicyness of the opening licorice remains and combines very well with the sweet. The notes also get a bit more powdery but not intensely so. Personally I'm not very fond of powdery scents but Lolita doesn't get bad enough that I find it unappealing.

The greenness is mostly completely gone in the base. I find the base to be the sweetest part of the entire fragrance. The powderiness from earlier fades a great deal and the scent warms quite a bit and loses the forest-y part of it from earlier. Lolita becomes quite honey-like with bits of spicy chocolate/vanilla and there are the barest, barest hints to something else (licorice, greens). For those of you who don't really like sweet scents though, it's still alright, the base I find to be very very faint and fleeting. You have to concentrate to smell it. The musk does peek out a bit as well, but less so on my skin (on clothes though, it's a different story - the muskiness and peppery aspects are much more prominent and it's much more unisex/mens aftershave kind of scent). The base isn't exactly as warm and inviting as I would like, but then, Lolita's not really a "comforting" fragrance so it makes sense.

Longevity is decent, about 8ish hours or so. And as so many others have said, the bottle's beautifully adorable. I haven't had any issues with the spray top yet but sometimes it can be a bit difficult to see exactly where you've got the opening nozzle turned if you're not paying attention.

Overall, a decent frag. I like it, but it can get a bit sharp for me at times - it might rate a bit higher if the vanilla notes came out more for me and the ivy was toned down just a little-little bit. I find the advertisements to be a fair representation of the perfume - all dark greens and woods but with a sweet dryad at the heart of it all.

on 6/15/2011 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I freaking love this perfume. If you love vanilla scent, this is perfect for you! Love the aftersmell of this!

on 6/13/2011 12:55:00 PM

I've got this perfum as a gift. I felt in love with this. Now I have been using another bottle. People often asked me what I had. Overall I would like to keep buying !

on 6/12/2011 8:39:00 PM

This is the only fragance which I have repurchased and that is saying alot. I do really like this smell, reminds me of French summer evenings. I do like it, but i only gave it 4, because I am now craving to purchase other fragrances to try out. I find its quite expensive too. But usually buy it in sales.

on 6/12/2011 2:44:00 AM

I've been trying very hard to like this. :( I just can't get over the anise. It's too strong, and it's not very attractive to me. I like the dry down alright, and the bottle is so gorgeous I'll keep it on my vanity but I won't be wearing it.

on 6/12/2011 1:05:00 AM

I love the way this perfume is packaged.....the bottle is pretty and cute (and I am sucker for the color purple.) I tried this on at Sephora, and was absolutely disgusted. It was WAAAAAY too sweet.....but there was also something else about it, something old and nasty like. I am really glad that I tried this before I bought it.

on 5/31/2011 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

wow!!it's a very good fragrance!!it has long staying power and it makes me feel so much comfortable!just love it....<3<3

Popular Fragrances