April 20, 2014 | 1686 users online

Toners - Clinique - Clarifying Lotion #2

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2012 12:36:00 PM More reviews by liily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

i love this product, it really can clean my skin, face or body. and i love the smell.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2012 11:01:00 AM More reviews by galadriel04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Way too harsh for my skin! Alchol is on top of the ingredients of this product and that's why I really don't like it! When you open the bottle you can smell it! It dries my skin and it doesn't help if you have sensitive skin!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2012 5:35:00 PM More reviews by gingercurls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

The packaging is awful, as is the product. It is drying, only causes more breakouts, and stings horribly.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2012 11:29:00 AM More reviews by Misskatemurphy

VILE! that's all you need to know! Its like putting acid on the face. If I could rate this zero then I would!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/28/2012 6:36:00 PM More reviews by MarranM

First bought it a few years back and I had good results with it. Cleaned the skin well and improved it a lot. Stopped using it for a while but then bought it again late last year. Either my skin changed or this product did. Now it's basically like putting alcohol on your face and it does nothing but dry your skin out. A complete waste of money. Overrated product by an overrated brand.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2012 4:07:00 AM More reviews by chynnadoll21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

Used this in my teens, didn't like the alcohol, went through 2 whole sets of the entire 3 step range. Tried the one for normal skin, dried me out, then tried the one for dry skin and didn't clean me well I felt. Can't say this is a bad product since it's been on the market for like FOREVER and my housemate at the time used it too and her acne skin cleared up tremendously (oh yea, back then I had prob free pretty perfect skin) So yea, didn't work for me but must have redeeming qualities considering its survival all these years.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2012 7:29:00 AM More reviews by TiniD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best toner on the market. Why? Because its the only one that does its job properly. It cleans and clears the skin perfectly, you can see all the dirt that comes off even after using a cleanser before using the toner. I lost all my pimples and all the sebum seems to be gone. I never found anything close to this since then.
It sure got alcohol in it, but you need the alcohol for desinfecting purposes.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2012 11:28:00 AM More reviews by sarahjayne000

After reading the reviews on here, I assumed that the people who didn't get on with this were using it wrong etc. I went and got a sample from my local boots to try it out for myself.

I had the full consultation and was recommended number 2, which is what I thought I needed too. I went on to use it as directed, and I honestly really liked it to start with. I enjoyed the slight tingly sensation, and it was probably all in my head but my skin seemed to feel smoother.

After about a week of using it and getting on well with it, I started to notice that I was 5pm oily at only 11am ... Usually I blot and powder at about 3pm at work and that takes me through to the evening. But all of a sudden by 11-12 my makeup was running down my face.

I didn't think using the exfoliant would do this as it claims to reduce oiliness, and I had just switched cleanser so I thought it could be that. So I put everything back to my usual routine apart from this and, long story short, it was this that was making my skin oily.

I suppose it was stripping my skin of oils to the point where my skin started over-producing. If, like me, you have normal-combo skin and no real complaints, I wouldn't try this. It has such mixed reviews that IMO it's not worth the gamble. My skin is pretty robust and not sensitive either, so I was shocked to see how this one thing could affect me so much.

I stick to an alcohol free toner now (Lancome Tonique Douceur) and love it. I'll never delve into the world of the Clinique 3-step system again. (The facial soap was just awful too - it felt like nearly-set jelly on my face, smelt bad, didn't clean my skin and just felt nasty)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2012 4:09:00 AM More reviews by HannahMariaLouise

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have never written a review before on makeupalley, but than the clinique toner came a cross and I really felt like telling what I thought about it. I absolutly Hated it! Clinique is for a sensitive skin. ehhh I don't think so, it made my skin dry like hell and it actually hurt my skin so bad. I got a horrible allergic reaction to it. And i have used it like I was told to do it. I really felt very bad about this product, it is very expensive( i come from Holland and the prices are way higher than in the US.) and it promised me gentle products who will give me a good skin. I have never ever used something that made me react to it like clinique did and never used something that was so agressive. Overal I'm really dissapointed about this product and I do not believe that clinique is a great brand anymore. I will never purcase this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2012 2:47:00 PM More reviews by 01mb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used the Clarifying lotion for oily skin years ago, but stopped using as I became a little older and my skin a lot drier. I recieved a sample of the Clarifying Lotion 2 a few months ago, and love it. It really makes my skin feel clean, and does a good job of exfoliating without makeing my skin drier. I just bought the 6 ounce bottle for 13.00 at Macy's. I like the smaller bottle, as I always have a fear that the larger sizes will become contaminated or will sit around for too long if I dont use them up right away. I also travel alot so the 6 oz bottle doesnt take up as much room in my suitcase.