Clinique Clarifying Lotion #2

2.9

Water, Alcohol Denat, Glycerin, Hamamelis Virginiana (witch hazel), Menthol, Acetyl, Glucosamine, Trehalose, Soudium Hyaluronate, Butyene Glycol, Sodium Bicarbonate, Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 33 (CI 17200), EXT Violet (CI 60730)

on 10/6/2012 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I have really mixed feelings about this toner. One the one hand it is full of alcohol and smells like your skin will dissolve when using it. On the other hand, it makes my skin look incredibly clear. No breakouts, no large pores, just perfect clear skin. I decided to use it once a day and use a milder version in the morning.

on 9/27/2012 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This product is FULL of alcohol and smells like tequila. I would not recommend this product to anyone who has sensitive skin or anyone who doesn't want to strip their skins natural moisture barrier. There are way more gentle toners out there...some are alcohol free. Try maybe Biotherm or even just use Thayers Witch Hazel. If you find your skin prone to redness the clinique toner will just make it worse! Clinique has such a hype about being fragrance free! But it's really not that great....read the ingredients there's nothing good in their stuff EXCEPT the new even better eye cream.

on 9/18/2012 3:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is such a great toner; it leaves my skin feeling so clean and tight without drying it out in the slightest, and it makes my makeup apply super smooth c: It is pretty pricey, but I only have to use the tiniest amount so the amount of time it lasts makes it entirely worth it. Highly recommend!

on 9/5/2012 11:50:00 AM

My HG toner! I bought the full size recently after trying and loving the sample. It really cleans your skin, and leaves a tingling sensation which makes you feel really clean and fresh. It makes my moisturiser apply like a dream. Can not reccomend enough!

I bought this product since I had been having problems with my annoying dry yet hint skin. The lady who sold me this problem product told me that it would help my makeup go on better without the patchy dry look that I usually had when applying my foundation. I was so pleased within the first week because she was right! My makeup looked great! She also told me that the product could possibly break me out but that I should stick with it for the best results. Well after another week I broke out, terribly. My skin isn't that sensitive but I do get acne off and on. This "amazing" product soon turned into my worst nightmare! I was to the point of tears thanks to the burning and itching I experienced! Excuse me, still experiencing! Fortunately for me my dad is a doctor and had some mupirocin ointment for me to put on which helped tremendously. If this happens to you I would also recommend taking hydro codon (if that's how you spell it) for the pain. After a few days your skin should clear up. Maybe if I stuck with it the redness would have eventually faded but to be honest it's just not worth it. That's the bottom line!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this clarifying lotion with a Clinique face wash and lotion. I was told that it was a 3-step process to be done 2x a day, and that this was less drying than most other exfoliants. Unfortunately, this was not true. After a few days of using these products together, once in the morning and once at night, my combination skin had blotches of dry spots and was red in parts. After I stopped using this clarifying lotion, my skin was dramatically less dry.

on 8/13/2012 3:30:00 PM

I use this in my 3 step cleansing process. Works great for me, I think I could use any kind though....

on 8/5/2012 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I was given this as a gift but I just cannot use it. It dries my skin out so badly and breaks me out in red blotches all over. I think it is just too abrasive for my sensitive skin. Unfortunately the bottle I have is massive and I've only used it about 10 times (i tried to persevere) so I'll probably put it up for swap as it does seem to work well for people with less temperamental skin.

on 8/5/2012 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

It smelled so much of alcohol. I don't have much to say about it except that it made my skin feel more dry afterwards, but as a toner, you expect to apply lotion right after, so it shouldn't make a difference. The product irritated my skin a little, but I have very sensitive skin, so I don't think I'll buy this again.

on 8/5/2012 2:12:00 AM

I love the 3 steps. This Clinique clarifying lotion helps smooth, clean, exfoliate and hydrate my skin. I will advise this product to anyone. I have many tried other brands and it does do me justice.