December 20, 2014 | 1517 users online

Toners - Clinique - Clarifying Lotion #2

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2012 4:41:00 PM More reviews by Joy16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this for 20 dollars at my local department store. It is a screw top and you are suppposed to pour it onto a cotton ball and sweep over face. If you are a clumsy person, don't buy this, or buy those spray bottles are sephora and pour it in. There is alcohol in this bottle. It burned my NON-sensitive skin. It actually caused me to breakout and did not help with my blemishes. I did not use a clinique cleanser with this but I use the dramatically different moisturizing lotion after. Maybe the cleanser has to match for it to work, so you should buy the whole set. And I'm Type 2 in the winter and Type 3 in the winter (go to clinique.com to find your skin type) so maybe that's why it broke me out in the summer... The product comes in a huge bottle but alot is wasted when you pour it out onto a cotton ball. Clinique left me disappointed because I heard alot of raves about it helping acne. Take a sample/travel set if you want to try Clinique out.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 9:08:00 AM More reviews by girl2011

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't know what can i do without this!i have oily skin with some breakouts on t- zone and some on chics .i used this for two years and my skin has never been so cleared.but i want to try something else with no alcohol!after I stop this and i try the body shop seaweed toner but i breakout.so get back to the clinique and i try acne solutions toner but I think this is not for my skin type and i breakout with this.so i purchased again the clarifying lotion for dry combo skin.everyday my skin clears more and more with this and my breakouts have fade in a week.i love this!!also I have heard some good reviews for neutrogena refining pore toner and i want to try this!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2012 2:59:00 AM More reviews by LouisaDarcy

I dont understand why the clinique cleansing line is so popular. This toner is too harsh for my skin and the alcohol does not help my hormonal acne at all. Its not cheap either.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 3:30:00 PM More reviews by SilkenPearl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm actually really surprised to see such low reviews for this product, but I can definitely understand where they are coming from. This product should really only be used for people who have severe acne, or at least not be used by someone who has mildly clear skin because it is such an intense product. For me, it works great. Definitely my HG. This one product does more for me than the whole proactive system. This should be treated as a toner and not as a "lotion" that the title has named it because it is very drying and your skin will need extra moisture (so be sure to use a heavy moisturizer). Also, I managed to get a huge 13.5oz bottle for $17 at my local beauty boutique/salon.

So if your acne is more on the severe end then this will be great for you, if it's more mild this product is still great and can be used but I wouldn't recommend it for daily use. Give it a try. It's much better than the average reviews stated on here.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2012 10:49:00 AM More reviews by amandaeclark

I have used this a couple of years now. It is harsh - but I have acne prone skin and I need it. I only apply at night and it makes my skin feel cleaner and seems to help prevent breakouts. My skin is sensitive and dry and I sometimes feel a sting - but I just think that it means it is really working. I put on moisturizer and all is well. Does not dry out my face but it does redden it just a little so I would never use it during the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2012 7:42:00 PM More reviews by jacko90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

After years of using Seabreeze astringent, I was ready for a change. I tried the Clinique Clarifying lotion and immediately I could feel my skin being refreshed. I have been religiously using this product for 2 years now and I am constantly being complimented on my "clear skin". Yes there is alcohol in it...de-natured alcohol (so it's less abrasive). It's definitely worth a shot if your searching for a new toner.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/30/2012 6:46:00 AM More reviews by eleseisgreat

I was suprised at how bad this product was because I love some of Clinique's other products. I don't know how they even sell this lotion! I usually use Lush's Eau De Roma toner on my face (which is just rosewater and lavender water) and as soon as I'd put this Clinique clarifying lotion on my face I felt as though someone had thrown a bucket of methylated spirits over my head. It stung to the point where I wondered if I was going to have an allergic reaction (and my skin isn't super sensitive). This product hardly deserves a 1/5.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2012 4:25:00 AM More reviews by lovinvanilla

Terrible, terrible product! It's basically pure alcohol and drying beyond belief. Shame on you, Clinique!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2012 4:16:00 AM More reviews by hotcuppatea

My HG. Wouldn't change it for any other brand. A little harsh perhaps for new users, but it does the job.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2012 12:36:00 PM More reviews by liily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

i love this product, it really can clean my skin, face or body. and i love the smell.