October 25, 2014 | 1747 users online

Toners - Clinique - Clarifying Lotion #2

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2012 2:59:00 AM More reviews by LouisaDarcy

I dont understand why the clinique cleansing line is so popular. This toner is too harsh for my skin and the alcohol does not help my hormonal acne at all. Its not cheap either.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 3:30:00 PM More reviews by SilkenPearl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm actually really surprised to see such low reviews for this product, but I can definitely understand where they are coming from. This product should really only be used for people who have severe acne, or at least not be used by someone who has mildly clear skin because it is such an intense product. For me, it works great. Definitely my HG. This one product does more for me than the whole proactive system. This should be treated as a toner and not as a "lotion" that the title has named it because it is very drying and your skin will need extra moisture (so be sure to use a heavy moisturizer). Also, I managed to get a huge 13.5oz bottle for $17 at my local beauty boutique/salon.

So if your acne is more on the severe end then this will be great for you, if it's more mild this product is still great and can be used but I wouldn't recommend it for daily use. Give it a try. It's much better than the average reviews stated on here.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2012 10:49:00 AM More reviews by amandaeclark

I have used this a couple of years now. It is harsh - but I have acne prone skin and I need it. I only apply at night and it makes my skin feel cleaner and seems to help prevent breakouts. My skin is sensitive and dry and I sometimes feel a sting - but I just think that it means it is really working. I put on moisturizer and all is well. Does not dry out my face but it does redden it just a little so I would never use it during the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2012 7:42:00 PM More reviews by jacko90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

After years of using Seabreeze astringent, I was ready for a change. I tried the Clinique Clarifying lotion and immediately I could feel my skin being refreshed. I have been religiously using this product for 2 years now and I am constantly being complimented on my "clear skin". Yes there is alcohol in it...de-natured alcohol (so it's less abrasive). It's definitely worth a shot if your searching for a new toner.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/30/2012 6:46:00 AM More reviews by eleseisgreat

I was suprised at how bad this product was because I love some of Clinique's other products. I don't know how they even sell this lotion! I usually use Lush's Eau De Roma toner on my face (which is just rosewater and lavender water) and as soon as I'd put this Clinique clarifying lotion on my face I felt as though someone had thrown a bucket of methylated spirits over my head. It stung to the point where I wondered if I was going to have an allergic reaction (and my skin isn't super sensitive). This product hardly deserves a 1/5.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2012 4:25:00 AM More reviews by lovinvanilla

Terrible, terrible product! It's basically pure alcohol and drying beyond belief. Shame on you, Clinique!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2012 4:16:00 AM More reviews by hotcuppatea

My HG. Wouldn't change it for any other brand. A little harsh perhaps for new users, but it does the job.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2012 12:36:00 PM More reviews by liily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

i love this product, it really can clean my skin, face or body. and i love the smell.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2012 11:01:00 AM More reviews by galadriel04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Way too harsh for my skin! Alchol is on top of the ingredients of this product and that's why I really don't like it! When you open the bottle you can smell it! It dries my skin and it doesn't help if you have sensitive skin!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2012 5:35:00 PM More reviews by gingercurls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

The packaging is awful, as is the product. It is drying, only causes more breakouts, and stings horribly.