Clinique Clarifying Lotion #2

2.9

2011 Reformulation: Water, Alcohol Denat., Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel), Menthol, Trehalose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Butylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Benzophenone-4, Red 6, Red 33, Violet 2

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this clarifying lotion with a Clinique face wash and lotion. I was told that it was a 3-step process to be done 2x a day, and that this was less drying than most other exfoliants. Unfortunately, this was not true. After a few days of using these products together, once in the morning and once at night, my combination skin had blotches of dry spots and was red in parts. After I stopped using this clarifying lotion, my skin was dramatically less dry.

on 8/13/2012 3:30:00 PM

I use this in my 3 step cleansing process. Works great for me, I think I could use any kind though....

on 8/5/2012 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I was given this as a gift but I just cannot use it. It dries my skin out so badly and breaks me out in red blotches all over. I think it is just too abrasive for my sensitive skin. Unfortunately the bottle I have is massive and I've only used it about 10 times (i tried to persevere) so I'll probably put it up for swap as it does seem to work well for people with less temperamental skin.

on 8/5/2012 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

It smelled so much of alcohol. I don't have much to say about it except that it made my skin feel more dry afterwards, but as a toner, you expect to apply lotion right after, so it shouldn't make a difference. The product irritated my skin a little, but I have very sensitive skin, so I don't think I'll buy this again.

on 8/5/2012 2:12:00 AM

I love the 3 steps. This Clinique clarifying lotion helps smooth, clean, exfoliate and hydrate my skin. I will advise this product to anyone. I have many tried other brands and it does do me justice.

on 7/7/2012 11:24:00 AM

I preferred this bottle when they had the pump,, or was this an extra large size only?? anyways... this does sting your face.. keep away from eyes! I SWEAR DOWN PLEASE KEEP AWAY FROM EYES!!

but really.. I need this, I use this everyday after work.. I work in a kitchen cooking with oils all day.. I feel disgusting after work I need to cleanse my face well.. but not harsh.. I wash my face and exfoliate well (not too harsh though!) and then I apply this on and I can still see on the pad dirt!!! So wow.. thankyou clinique for the EXTRA SQUEAKY CLEAN face I have after work!!! well done!! I stick to this forever.. bam

on 7/6/2012 4:41:00 PM

I bought this for 20 dollars at my local department store. It is a screw top and you are suppposed to pour it onto a cotton ball and sweep over face. If you are a clumsy person, don't buy this, or buy those spray bottles are sephora and pour it in. There is alcohol in this bottle. It burned my NON-sensitive skin. It actually caused me to breakout and did not help with my blemishes. I did not use a clinique cleanser with this but I use the dramatically different moisturizing lotion after. Maybe the cleanser has to match for it to work, so you should buy the whole set. And I'm Type 2 in the winter and Type 3 in the winter (go to clinique.com to find your skin type) so maybe that's why it broke me out in the summer... The product comes in a huge bottle but alot is wasted when you pour it out onto a cotton ball. Clinique left me disappointed because I heard alot of raves about it helping acne. Take a sample/travel set if you want to try Clinique out.

on 6/19/2012 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I don't know what can i do without this!i have oily skin with some breakouts on t- zone and some on chics .i used this for two years and my skin has never been so cleared.but i want to try something else with no alcohol!after I stop this and i try the body shop seaweed toner but i breakout.so get back to the clinique and i try acne solutions toner but I think this is not for my skin type and i breakout with this.so i purchased again the clarifying lotion for dry combo skin.everyday my skin clears more and more with this and my breakouts have fade in a week.i love this!!also I have heard some good reviews for neutrogena refining pore toner and i want to try this!

on 6/14/2012 2:59:00 AM

I dont understand why the clinique cleansing line is so popular. This toner is too harsh for my skin and the alcohol does not help my hormonal acne at all. Its not cheap either.

on 5/31/2012 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm actually really surprised to see such low reviews for this product, but I can definitely understand where they are coming from. This product should really only be used for people who have severe acne, or at least not be used by someone who has mildly clear skin because it is such an intense product. For me, it works great. Definitely my HG. This one product does more for me than the whole proactive system. This should be treated as a toner and not as a "lotion" that the title has named it because it is very drying and your skin will need extra moisture (so be sure to use a heavy moisturizer). Also, I managed to get a huge 13.5oz bottle for $17 at my local beauty boutique/salon.

So if your acne is more on the severe end then this will be great for you, if it's more mild this product is still great and can be used but I wouldn't recommend it for daily use. Give it a try. It's much better than the average reviews stated on here.