Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation

3.5

(Active Ingredients : Octinoxate 3.5%, Titanium Dioxide 1.9%) -------------------- Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Boron Nitride, Phenyl Trimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Niacinamide, Hydrolyzed Oat Flour, Lecithin, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Phytosteryl Canola Glycerides, Palmitic Acid, Oleic Acid, Phytosphingosine, Ceramide 6 II, Cholesterol, Linoleic Acid, Ceramide 3, Tocopherol, Ceramide 1, Triolein, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Alumina, Silica, Sodium Citrate, Dipropylene Glycol, Laureth-7, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Methoxy Amodimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Methicone, Stearic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Carbomer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Tetrasodium EDTA, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol +/- (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77497/Zinc Oxide)

on 5/30/2014 11:32:00 PM

Wow I was really bummed about this foundation considering how much I liked the finish and formula. It had a really nice glowy finish which was perfect for summer! Except I noticed within a day after using this that it broke me out horribly! I have acne-prone skin but no foundation has ever broken me out this bad. I broke out in huge under the skin pimples on my forehead that hurt and also a few pimples on my chin. I was very mad about this because my skin was clearing up before I tried this foundation. So I recommend if you don't have sensitive or acne-prone skin to give this foundation a try, but if you do...stay away.😖

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

This is a "I'm not really doing much today" kind of foundation. It gives light to medium coverage and lasts about 4-5 hours. You would have to keep setting it with powder if you want it to last. This foundation really isn't bad. It's great for that natural look.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

For me, this foundation consistently felt damp and absorbed completely within about an hour and half. Since it disappeared on me so quickly, I don't think it was worth the money. Decent range of colors though.

on 5/21/2014 8:00:00 AM

I bought this at Kmart on clearence for $2.50 in the shade 130 Shell. It's an okay foundation for light coverage days, provided I set it with powder to avoid being an oil slick by the end of the day. It's very, very similar to the Nearly Naked Almay foundation that was discoed a while ago. Not surprising, because Revlon and Almay are sister companies, IIRC.

on 5/19/2014 2:10:00 AM

This is my go to foundation. I have very ivory skin (I swear I'm part albino) so finding a foundation that matches is hard, most are too orange or pink or way too dark. This blends nicely on my skin and blots well with a sponge. A little goes a long way. I use a pore refining primer on my nose before hand because I do find my nose gets quite oily through the day. Overall this is a good foundation for me!

on 5/6/2014 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I have never found a foundation that matched so close to my skin and looked so natural at the same time until i found this product. I really love this foundation! i don't need too much coverage, but i do like to even out my skin tone. This foundation has a natural finish, which i like. It's an amazing foundation. LOVE IT! I also love their powder from the Naked line also. I use them together and they seem to work quite well.

on 4/26/2014 6:20:00 PM

This made my skin horribly oily in my T zone that even peers have noticed and asked if I wanted an oil blotting sheet. Also the color selection is hard to match with my peach skin tone, really wanted to like this product but this honestly wasn't a plus for me

on 4/22/2014 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I pulled this back out yesterday because I haven't used it in a while and I wanted to double-check my thoughts on it before tossing it.

I have normal to oily skin (leaning more towards oily). I applied it with a sponge and found it to have almost no coverage. Needed a second later to even out skin. An hour later I was already starting to look oily--and I even skipped moisturizer today. By a few hours after application this was sliding all over my skin and had settled into fine lines around my mouth and between my eyebrows.

Tossing it.

on 4/19/2014 8:50:00 PM

the foundation is horrible it is messy when applying. It runs and an hour after applying it would rub off. the packaging makes it messy and wastful because it spills. It also stinks like peppermint and a skunk

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

What a pleasant surprise. I bought this at the ds just because it looked intriguing and I did not have a ds foundation for everyday - I did not want to use my MUFE HD or NARS SM everyday. I got this in 200 Warm Beige. Reference: MAC NC40-42 ish, MUFE HD 153, NARS Sheer Matte Barcelona

What got me was:
1) the lack of shimmer/glitter in the foundation itself since most drugstore foundations seem to have it and I hate it because of my suupeeeeerrrr oily skin. I am literally the queen of oil.
2) the lightweight claims, and the foundation itself did not feel thick.
3) the price - it was on sale, so why not?

At first I was skeptical. A dewy foundation? On my very oily skin? Whaaaaat? And I thought the colour was too orange and not enough yellow but this ended up matching my tan skin perfectly (I am filipino so not super yellow). It applied very nicely, not thick and looking very natural. It is definitely sheer-medium buildable coverage - which is what i was looking for - so if you are looking for a full coverage foundation, this is not for you. It did cover some redness and evened out my skin, though I needed extra concealer if I had a persistent red zit. I do need to set this with powder as my oils will definitely peek through, but this gives me the nicest dewy glow that does not look greasy. I'm pleasantly surprised too because it seemed to last the whole day with very minimal fading (I was at school from 7am to 930pm one time!), that is a huge surprise for the Queen Of Oil, aka Me.

I deducted a lippie because I do need to powder and blot more than I usually need to, but then it doesn't claim to control oils.

Bottomline is, what a pleasant surprise, again. I ended up liking this more than my Sheer Matte. If you need an everyday foundation and you do not need heavy coverage, this one is worth a try.