December 18, 2014 | 1400 users online

Foundations - Revlon - Nearly Naked Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2014 6:35:00 PM More reviews by nicoledupe

Runny texture, no pump, and made me completely break out. Save your money and skip this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 1:55:00 AM More reviews by cing18

Love this product!!! This is the first foundation that I repurchased. I usually use korean bb cream in everyday basis, but this foundation replace it. Would always repurchase this.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/17/2014 4:03:00 AM More reviews by zaynaz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

My first Revlon foundation, and purchased after watching a YouTube review (sigh... YouTube made me do it!).

I don't have terrible skin, and wasn't put off by the idea that this was a lighter coverage, but I didn't realise that by 'light buildable coverage' the good folks at Revlon actually meant 'placebo effect unless you use a third of the bottle per application'. One layer of this foundation provides NO coverage and two or three layers will give me a sheer, very light coverage, though I can still feel it on my skin. It can't handle the mild rosacea I have on my cheeks and nose and it still allows the hyper-pigmentation around my mouth to show through. Even layered it glides over my couple of small blemishes without hiding them at all. This is seriously not intended for anyone with less than perfect or near perfect skin.

I applied it today over a primer (BareMinerals Prime Time), used it with NARS concealer (more on that later) and set it with powder. And it is still starting to look shiny around my nose and chin, a mere three hours after initial application, and it is cool today. I understand it is not intended to be mattifying and it doesn't bill itself as a long wear foundation, but come on, three hours?! I think everyone expects a bit more lasting time than that, especially with all those other products helping it along.

Speaking of other products, I attempted to boost its coverage by using a concealer (the NARS cream stick one) and applied that over the foundation, before blending it in. The light pressure of the cream concealer caused the foundation to disappear, which hasn't happened with other foundations I've tried that with. The powder I used, one of the Hourglass Ambient Lights, has probably helped the foundation a bit- it absolutely needs to be set with powder because it never fully dries down. Maybe it really needs the Nearly Naked powder to (not) shine, but buying the two together is $51 AUD and at that price I a) want both products to be good to great, not crap to acceptable and b) would probably prefer to buy a higher end product because I'm already paying $50+. I view Revlon as something of a mid end brand (there are still counters at department stores) but I think the pricing is too high for the quality here.

The bottle is glass, which is nice, but it doesn't come with a pump, and because the product has such a thin consistency it's hard to dot some on your hand to apply it from. I ended up tipping it on to my brush, which was okay, but isn't very hygienic.

I figure most customers buying 'drugstore' price foundations want to save money, but if the only way to get something to work dencently means using two or three other products (primer, concealer etc) then you aren't really saving anything, especially if the overall effect is still lacklustre.

This isn't a truly awful product, if you have dry and relatively good skin, it still might work for you, but I'm not impressed at all, will only use this on days where I don't really care how good I look and I will not be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2014 10:49:00 PM More reviews by pinkypink96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation! It makes my skin look very healthy and like I have no foundation on at all! The only con is that sometimes it would cake up around my nose. Other than that this product is great! I would repurchase this again!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/16/2014 4:54:00 PM More reviews by ldeibert

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like that it is a lighter coverage foundation, but it seemed to just sit on top of my skin instead of sinking into my skin. Would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2014 7:24:00 AM More reviews by moonstonebeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I found the foundation to be quite lovely, it was a light-medium buildable coverage and dried to a glowy satin finish. I am an NC42 and 200 Warm Beige was my best match. The lasting power was average, not good or great, however the packaging was a bit of a nuisance since it didn't come with a pump and the foundation has a very runny texture. It did not break me out which was good, I liked it because I have dry skin and it gets oilier on your face throughout the day, however I feel people with oily skin would not appreciate it as much.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2014 12:46:00 AM More reviews by twirlingcarousel

I felt a sligh burning sensation after using this foundation...I ignored at first (Never do this btw lol), but I think it's the cause of my recent breakouts. I honestly like Revlon's colorstay much better. Will not be repurchasing :(

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2014 4:12:00 PM More reviews by littlepinkstars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

Although it does apply light, it really clings to dry patches and sort of looks scaley by the end of the day. Applies best with fingers and no primer underneath, surprisingly. I wear it from time to time but will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2014 10:23:00 PM More reviews by periwinkle92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this as an everyday foundation. It really goes on like skin. It is MEDIUM coverage at best which is fine for daytime makeup. Nice thin (but not too) consistency and every blendable. I wear the color chestnut which is very close to my tone. It tends to get a little shiny after 4 hours but blotting papers do the trick.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/27/2014 10:08:00 AM More reviews by liloleme123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

After wearing this product two days in a row, my face had about 5 new zits. Yay. My face is already prone to acne, but I had it under control for the most part... until trying this foundation. The coverage was pretty good though, and stayed on for most of the day.