Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Express

3.6

(BLACK NON-WATERPROOF) AQUA/WATER, PEG-200 GLYCERYL STEARATE, STYRENE/ACRYLATES/AMMONIUM METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, CERA ALBA/BEESWAX, PARAFFIN, COPERNICA CERIFERA CERA/CARNAUBA WAX, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, STEARIC ACID, CETYL ALCOHOL, PALMITIC ACID, ETHYLENEDIAMINE/STEARYL DIMER DILINOLEATE COPOLYMER, VP/EICOSENE COPOLYMER, LITHIUM MAGNESIUM SODIUM SILICATE, DIMETHICONE, AMINOMETHYL PROPANEDIOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, SILICA, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, SOSIUM LAURETH SULFATE, DIMETHICONOL, DISODIUM EDTA, POLYURETHANE-35, TETRASODIUM EDTA, [+/- MAY CONTAIN: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, CI 75470 / CARMINE, CI 77288 / CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, CI 77289 / CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN, CI 77742 / MANGANESE VIOLET, CI 77510 / FERRIC FERROCYANIDE], (F.I.L. D54745/1).

on 12/28/2014 11:20:00 AM

I bought this mascara in a pinch when I forgot to take my makeup bag on a trip. I got a bogo deal on it, which influenced my purchase. The brush looked great in the package with lots of fine plastic bristles, similar to my fave CG Clump Crusher. But when I went to use it, huge disappointment. The product is very wet and made my lashes stick together. If you swipe through a few more times for definition, it just gets worse. I think the brush also adds to the issue by picking up too much product. If I wiped the brush down before applying, the distribution was much more even and less clumpy. That said, the Very Black color is dramatic and made my eyes pop. Lashes were lengthened to the point that I got black marks on my browbone (another problem with the wet formula). I just don't like having that obvious thick mascara look and prefer defined, separated lashes instead.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Originally when I tried this, I had bad luck. I forgot about it for a while, and then just the other day I tried it again. I didn't hate it, but it certainly does not add volume. It lengthens and separates, but as I already have very long lashes, it's not what I'm looking for. I wouldn't buy it again, but that doesn't mean it won't work for you.

on 12/25/2014 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This has to be the best drugstore mascara out there! Mascara is a very personal choice so no opinion on here is going to change your opinion of a mascara until you've tried it.

That said, I have long straight black lashes and this mascara is not only able to add length and volume but it's also able to hold a curl. The only bad thing is that the packaging is a little bulky and takes up a lot of space in a makeup bag.

on 12/16/2014 4:46:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I love this stuff because it's not like some other mascaras that require you to comb through your lashes for 5+ minutes to get length or volume. I do not have time for that when I'm getting ready for work in the morning! As soon as I start putting it on, my lashes start getting huge right away. One coat is enough to make them look really big, but you can always add more if you like super dramatic lashes. I can not stress how awesome this is when you're in a hurry in the morning. It doesn't flake or smudge during the day either.

on 12/14/2014 12:23:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I'm with the people who say this stuff gets better with age. In the beginning I thought this mascara was too wet and did not hold a curl at all.

But, after having it awhile it's thickened up and works great! I took off one star because the waterproof version is hard to remove, but that also means it has great staying power.

I think I'll try the washable version next time.

on 12/14/2014 4:28:00 AM

I have to say this mascara is my fave thing in the world , it makes my lashes stay perky all day long , even though i have extremely oily skin it doesnt smudge , it doesnt really clump and i find the price quite reasonable. I just lovee this product.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I HATE this mascara. The formula is so wet and weighs your lashes down and doesn't give volume nor length! it's like putting black water on your lashes, so disappointed with this mascara.

on 12/11/2014 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I love this mascara, really black and doesnt clump my lashes. I wore it every day when I went travelling for 3 months and it was perfect! Makes my lashes look really voluminous and long, love the brush too.

on 12/11/2014 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Super good deal if you buy from big department stores like Walmart or Sears. It comes with a brush which has very very short "spokes" and the formula for me goes on very easily and clump-free. It adds volume and length, but doesn't hold a curl very well personally. The short spokes on the brush also means that if there is an occasional clump, it's very hard to seperate. Overall, pretty good mascara, an for the price, I have no complaints.

on 12/9/2014 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

hg mascara. makes them look so long and without leaving them clumpy. went into walmart looking for whichever mascara was cheap, saw this one on sale, and have repurchased many times since!