October 24, 2014 | 1767 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast Clump Crusher mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2014 4:24:00 PM More reviews by sleilani2011

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this mascara but I have mixed feelings about the formula. I love that it keeps my lashes from being clumpy and spidery, but I hate that I have to use so many coats to get a dramatic look because the formula is very dry and does not go on in large amounts if that makes sense. I've bought probably 3 rubes of this mascara because I get so many compliments on my lashes when I wear it. What I've found works really well recently is if I dip the clump crusher brush in a wetter formula of mascara, since every other wand I've tried since clump crusher just does not do the job. I've found this method works very well since I love the clump crusher wand so much i will keep using this method until I find a better brush and formula combo.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/1/2014 9:57:00 PM More reviews by justemmabemma

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This mascara sucks. It does nothing for my medium length thin lashes. The only thing it does is separate them. If I want to appear as if i have any lashes whatsoever I have to pile coats of it on and then it looks spidery and clumpy and uneven. Every time i use it I expect it to be better but it fails... This morning I used it and looked like I had about 6 eyelashes. Gross. Had to remove my eye makeup and start over. Don't waste your money !

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2014 7:03:00 PM More reviews by Dwaryy

Late review, but I love this mascara! I love that it doesn't clump, I love the brush. It's easy to apply and goes on smooth. I think I found my go to mascara! <3

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2014 4:46:00 AM More reviews by JessJxoxo

I would say this mascara is best for those who like the 'natural' lash look. As someone who wears heavy mascara for length and volume, I can't say I like it too much. If you apply more than one or two coats your lashes start to have the 'spider leg' look. Not recommended for those who like dramatic lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2014 1:11:00 AM More reviews by ADyerSituation

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I came across this mascara on Reddit's MakeUpAddiction subreddit and I wasn't crazy into make up at that point, but I thought I'd give this mascara a shot. It's about 8 dollars at Walmart. Let me just say, I LOVE this mascara, I really really do. They're no smell (not to me at least). I love the shape of the brush. It's has kind of a dome shape on one side of the brush and a more concave side of the brush. I'm sorry, I'm not explaining it well, but the bristles definitely lives up to it's "clump crusher" name. My only negative thing I have to say is that I feel like the formula goes on very very sheer. I like long, voluminous, big eyelashes and I have apply many many coats on to achieve the look I'm going for. If that's not really a concern for you though and you like a more natural look. I try to wait in between applications for it to dry a little so it layers a little better. I'd used Maybelline great lash (the green and pink bottle) for like, 6 years before I switched and I just love this so much more. Maybelline definitely clumps up more than clump crusher. I've also tried Covergirl lashblast fushion volume and I really like it. I've combined Clump Crusher and Lashblast Fusion and have gotten good results with long, volumized lashes.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2014 11:39:00 PM More reviews by itiselizabeth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Green

This is the type mascara that you just cannot go wrong with. It doesn't clump (hence the name) or flake. I loved pairing this with other mascaras. It also separates your lashes nicely.

That being said, this is not a WOW type mascara. It gives a very natural look with decent volume and a little length but nothing that'd knock your socks off. I'd never wear this alone (unless I'm going for a very natural look) but it's amazing paired with other mascaras. This is still a good mascara to have in your bag. I'd recommend it for pairing it with clumpier mascaras.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2014 12:14:00 PM More reviews by Snuggles555

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This just does nothing for my eyes. I keep saying I am going to throw it away, then end up trying to use it as a base coat for other mascaras. I just need to give up the ghost, throw it out, go on. :-(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2014 10:31:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Late to the bandwagon, as always. The drugstore was having a sale, so I gave this a try in Ultra Black. It's an OK mascara, but I don't really understand the raves. The first coat gives a very natural, clean, well-separated look, but no volume and only a little added length. The second coat adds a little volume, but looks clumpier. The third coat is definitely going to be clumpy. The formula seems light, but it still made my lashes droop.

Overall Clump Crusher honestly seems just like all the other CG mascaras I've tried: quite pleasant, but not outstanding. The plastic brush is definitely nicer than the traditional brush since you don't need a lash comb. I would recommend this mascara if you don't need/want volume or drama and want quick, clean definition of what you've got. Those of us who need more help/prefer a more intense effect should look elsewhere.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2014 8:10:00 PM More reviews by Nutellamonster

Boner crusher guys won't like you

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2014 8:19:00 AM More reviews by teeisblue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is definitely my HG mascara, even though I have strayed recently (Bombshell = meh, L'Oréal Butterfly Effect = eye infection and smells like roses[?]). I use the water resistant because I find that it flakes less, although this doesn't usually make it quite to 2 months without drying out a bit and flaking. It's not that bad though, IMO. This gives me great volume and length. This is how I apply it - starting at the root, I wiggle the convex side up to the tip to coat for volume. Then I use the concave side straight up from root to tip for length.