September 23, 2014 | 1810 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast Clump Crusher mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2014 8:19:00 AM More reviews by teeisblue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is definitely my HG mascara, even though I have strayed recently (Bombshell = meh, L'Oréal Butterfly Effect = eye infection and smells like roses[?]). I use the water resistant because I find that it flakes less, although this doesn't usually make it quite to 2 months without drying out a bit and flaking. It's not that bad though, IMO. This gives me great volume and length. This is how I apply it - starting at the root, I wiggle the convex side up to the tip to coat for volume. Then I use the concave side straight up from root to tip for length.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2014 9:55:00 PM More reviews by lexibugg24

So this mascara doesn't clump for me, which is a plus. It also is buildable and they put the perfect amount of product on each coat. But one thing i really hate.. IT RIPS OUT MY EYELASHES WHEN I WAS A MAKEUP REMOVER! This is like the only mascara that's been doing this to me. But otherwise, I like it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2014 7:01:00 PM More reviews by tuckerdout

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think that the main reason why I love this mascara is because of the shape of the brush. It makes my lashes look longer and leaves absolutely no clumps. The smell is a little off-putting and I wish it thickened my lashes a little more, but that wouldn't keep me from buying it again because it's very reasonably priced and works great as an everyday mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2014 8:23:00 PM More reviews by kaybellinexo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Covergirl mascaras are always the best! Though it is the clump crusher, it doesn't ALWAYS live up to its name. It is a very nice product though. It separates your lashes pretty nicely and gives them length. I recommend the water resistant one! If you need a product that holds a curl, this is not the one for you..

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2014 8:49:00 AM More reviews by m3r1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have to agree with many of the reviews on a few points: The brush is nice; the formula is way too dry; few clumps; no length at all; volume is mediocre. Overall I would not purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2014 6:56:00 PM More reviews by hmhanke89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm torn about this mascara. On one hand, I love how it looks on my lashes. Buildable and clump-free indeed. However, for some reason on me it doesn't remove well. Makeup wipes and remover make it disintegrate into a million tiny pieces that get in my eyes and sting/itch. It's really strange, I've never had that problem before. It's enough to be a deal-breaker for me so I'm heading back to my Benefit They're Real, or maybe gonna try TF Better Than Sex instead.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2014 7:15:00 PM More reviews by maymay24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara is only for those who want super duper natural light lashes because they don't really "show up well or give volume". It basically just didn't do anything for my lashes.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2014 4:09:00 PM More reviews by ihuixaya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay so this mascara is "okay" for the price. It does exactly as the name entails and glides on smoothly without any clumps. I have thick,full, short eyelashes and this mascara does nothing for me. I wear dark black eyeliner and combined with this look you cannot even see my eyelashes. Maybe if you already have long eye lashes this would work great as it does add volume. The other problem with this mascara and short eyelashes...the brush is to big for my puny eye lashes, I end up with mascara on my eyelids regardless of how cautious I try to be. I would NOT buy this mascara again as I feel that it is just another regular mascara that really does nothing special. It does stay on, it does not dry and flake and it does not clump...which is great, but it really does nothing else for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2014 9:00:00 PM More reviews by jstevenson14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've tried countless high end mascaras and this drugstore mascara beats them all! It truly does what it says, no clumps what so ever. It separates my lashes so well and gives them a ton of length. I love the curved wand, I feel like it grabs ahold of my lashes and curls them effortlessly. This mascara seriously makes my lashes look amazing! I've purchased this several times and will continue to in the future! My only complaint is this mascara dries up pretty quick, I feel like I need a new one every month or two months. Otherwise 5 stars!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2014 12:59:00 PM More reviews by athenasius

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I should know better. There is no other mascara of hg status beyond the orange ugly tube of Lash Blast regular formula. In a fit of temporary insanity I tried this new green tube stuff out, --it was on a sale so I juistified the purchase as inexpensive scientific research. Well 2 weeks of wearing it, and the results are in.

This is a perfect Definicils dupe, and it is far less likely to clump than Definicils which is almost never. It's a great little mascara once you get used to the weird curved brush (the original LB monster brush took me some time to learn too). BUT it isn't as good as Lash Blast original in the orange tube.

Up till the orange tube of ugly goodness I felt Definicils was the ultimate best mascara. If I wasn't spoiled by LB, this would be a new HG mascara, but it just isn't quite as good as it's older sister. Here is why.

This green tube stuff goes on wet, dries in reasonable time and doesn't clump. It provides a thin coat of mascara that defines and lengthens but doesn't do much to thicken the lashes. In contrast original LB in the orange tube defines, lengthens AND thickens enough that I quit using eyeliner. With this green tube I went out a few days later and bought an Annabelle black eyeliner which I'm back to using to define the lashline.

This stuff is just like it's older sibling, it goes on smoothly, doesn't flake off, itch or smudge and once you learn the new weird brush, it works better than the old style spoolie brushes to unclump, define and generally make better lashes. It leaves lashes smooth and flexible not all hard and crunchy, and it comes off with cleanser or soap and water.

It stands up to sweat, and oily hooded eyelids so I doubt anyone really needs a waterproof formula except for the beach and swimming or a wedding/funeral in which extended tears might be in the weather forecast.

So its a great mascara, just not one I will buy again as long as they make the original orange tube of Lash Blast volume in the regular non waterproof formula.

Probably best for the natural eye look which Definicils did so well. Just that I'm spoiled and I want thickness as well. So I give it a 4 almost a 5, the price is dirt cheap and the packaging, well much as I hate the ugly colours of CoverGirls mascaras, the wands are the best in the business.

As for the ugly colours and huge fat tubes that roll in all directions-- well the best I can say about that is at least you can find them at the bottom of your purse. (Definicils is nice, it's slim, it's square so it doesn't roll and it is a nice chic black with gold trim!)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No