MAC Satin Lipstick - MAC Red

4.4

on 4/17/2010 10:48:00 PM

Probably one of my only favourite MAC lipsticks. It was my very first one, in fact. Out of all the MAC lipsticks I own, it's the only one that doesn't make my lips peel like mad. It's also a very blue red and makes my teeth look SUPER white.

on 4/3/2010 12:19:00 AM

I don't wear red lipstick very often because it's too loud, but if you like an old hollywood red this is definitely the perfect shade. It's a nice vibrant blue toned red that goes on smoothly and has decent staying power. The only problem is that it is a bit drying so you'll want to go over it with a red gloss (Russian Red lipglass is a good choice) and make sure to use a lipliner or it will bleed.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

Wellll I had never worn anything on my full thick lips that wasn't neutral and after doing a photo shoot and seeing how great I looked in colored lips, I decided to step all the way out of the box and I love how red looks on Ri Ri. Once the MUA put this on me I was sold. I wore it to fund raiser and got lots of compliments.

on 2/16/2010 9:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Staple bright red lipstick (NC44). Wear it with neutral eyes and tons of mascara/lashes. Gets lots of compliments!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I was scared to try this, my red staple was dubbonet. Not anymore, I love MAC REd, its so sexy!

on 2/9/2010 2:17:00 PM

This does not look good on me at all. I am an NC30 and this made me look really pale. Maybe I am not into that bold red lip. This is definitely the type of lipstick that you need to try on before you buy it. I will stick with MAC Lady Bug instead.

on 1/24/2010 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is my absolute HG red. I am a NC25 and I think this red is just a little bit more vibrant than Russian Red. It glides on wonderfully, lasts an age, and doesn't have that drying effect that Russian Red can often have.
Mac Red is a very bold red and will definitely get you noticed :)

on 1/14/2010 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is a great, hot, creamy, blue-based red that is my go-to for those days when I really feel like standing out from the crowd. It is hydrating and lasting, and doesn't bleed. I've loved it from day one. It's perfect for fair, cool-toned skin. Pair it with a light neutral eye and long black lashes and you have a look to die for!

on 12/20/2009 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I should have known better than to get this colour.

I am new to makeup and now getting the hang of my skin undertone and what works with me and what does not.

This lipstick just does not look great at all on my NW43 skin. I did however pay $120TTD for it so I will be incorporating it with an couple other colours to make it work.

on 12/11/2009 9:54:00 AM