August 23, 2014 | 971 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Satin Lipstick - MAC Red

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2010 9:41:00 AM More reviews by PhanieRajh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Staple bright red lipstick (NC44). Wear it with neutral eyes and tons of mascara/lashes. Gets lots of compliments!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2010 10:35:00 PM More reviews by blubutterfly04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was scared to try this, my red staple was dubbonet. Not anymore, I love MAC REd, its so sexy!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2010 2:17:00 PM More reviews by bilsy213

This does not look good on me at all. I am an NC30 and this made me look really pale. Maybe I am not into that bold red lip. This is definitely the type of lipstick that you need to try on before you buy it. I will stick with MAC Lady Bug instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2010 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Hellcandy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my absolute HG red. I am a NC25 and I think this red is just a little bit more vibrant than Russian Red. It glides on wonderfully, lasts an age, and doesn't have that drying effect that Russian Red can often have.
Mac Red is a very bold red and will definitely get you noticed :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2010 9:12:00 PM More reviews by shanstuff

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great, hot, creamy, blue-based red that is my go-to for those days when I really feel like standing out from the crowd. It is hydrating and lasting, and doesn't bleed. I've loved it from day one. It's perfect for fair, cool-toned skin. Pair it with a light neutral eye and long black lashes and you have a look to die for!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/20/2009 11:16:00 AM More reviews by Thrizyl

I should have known better than to get this colour.

I am new to makeup and now getting the hang of my skin undertone and what works with me and what does not.

This lipstick just does not look great at all on my NW43 skin. I did however pay $120TTD for it so I will be incorporating it with an couple other colours to make it work.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2009 9:54:00 AM More reviews by kiwipapaya

Hot red that I love =)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2009 11:33:00 PM More reviews by missvox2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Out of all the MAC red lippies, I keep on going back to this one. This is a very classy matte/satin red. Its pigmented and works for me. No hint of pink, fuschia or orange.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/5/2009 11:02:00 AM More reviews by sisip123

I was looking for a bright red lipstick with a yellow undertone and thats what i told the girl at the MAC counter. she suggested this, which clearly has a blue undertone but i was not aware of it. I swatched it only partially on my lip because i was choosing form a couple of shades and thought this one looked quite bright so i purchased: but alas! when i went home and did my whole lip, the blue undertones complete clash with my yellow base skin. I'm an asian NC20 and this lipstick looks crazy bright and not in a good way. However, the quality and colour payoff of the product is great. its creamy, stays on very well but the colour just does not suit me. I am aware that blue base reds can work for some girls with yellow skintones but it just does not seem to work for me. so the lesson is: try the lipstick on all of your mouth at the counter! dont just swipe on a little you wont get the full effect. For me, this is too bright and too blue-ish on me to be a "classic red". I'm still searching..

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2009 9:39:00 PM More reviews by LeeleeBell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I loved the color-- a rich cool/blue toned red --when I swatched it in the store. But outside, it was just too much with my pale/fair skin. I tried to work with it, using it as just a stain...but it seeped into the fine lines around my upper lip. I tried using a reverse lipliner, concealer, regular lipliner...and that still happened. I am mid 30, and my lips already are getting some of those fine lines...but I have never had a problem lippie that bled like this before. I ended up returning it :(