L'Oreal True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

3.5

Active Ingredient: Octinoxate (7%). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Propylparaben, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminum Hydroxide, PEG-9, Ethylparaben, Dipropylene Glycol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben; May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride.

on 8/13/2014 5:49:00 PM

I tried this foundation way, way back so I decided to give it another run. Before I was using the Maybelline Fit Me, and I liked the finish, coverage was decent, not having a pump was a bummer. Well for this, I found a good match to my skin tone but finds that this oxidizes terribly. It's not fun looking in the mirror in the car and seeing your face orange and your neck a different shade completely, it's embarrassing. The coverage is meh, decent at best. It can be layered for more coverage but it sits kind of heavy on the skin. I apply it with my Elf powder brush like I do for all liquid foundations. I've tried fingers and beauty blender, but the brush works best. My skin is normal/combination, hardly EVER oily. I like a dewy finish, for that reason, matte foundations tends to make me look flaky and dried out, but this shit leaves my face looking sweaty, greasy, just plain disgusting. It slides off my face, powder or not, sweating or not. I'm just really disappointed. It transfers terribly too, which the Fit Me did as well, but I feel like that's just an overall better foundation. Gonna go back to Colorstay after this endeavor. And it cost me like 10-11 bucks at WalMart, which seems a little pricey for the disappointment that proceeded. I don't get the hype of it at all, the only benefit is the pump, which is ridiculously hard to come by now a days.

on 8/12/2014 8:51:00 PM

I really should only be giving this 3 lippies but I'm so impressed with how it makes me look that I have to give 4.

The good: Goes on wonderfully with just my fingertips. No brushes needed. The bottle is small and pump is convenient and clean. No mess! The color matches my skin wonderfully. Whenever I wear this I get multiple compliments on how amazing my skin looks. People literally stop me and ask me what I did. It does wonders and makes me look so good in photos too!

The not-so-good: I have dry skin, even in the summer so this foundation should be great since it relieves me of all dryness. Almost a little too well. Never in my life have I had shine to my face but this gives it to me. It is very "lumi" butI have to watch where I put it because then my nose just looks oily. I have no idea what people with oily skin would do with this. I suspect it would be a slight disaster.

The ugly: This foundation comes off any chance it gets. On clothes, when you touch your face. Doesn't matter if you prime your skin or set it with a powder after you apply or with a setting spray. Nothing locks it in. Surprisingly you still look like you have makeup on but prepare to ugly up some shirt collars. I made sure to not over-apply and went very light on the coverage and still it came off. This is why I can't give it a perfect rating. The makeup lasts and makes me look amazing but it just gets on everything! I can't wear this to family events like weddings where I would be giving hugs and kisses to family members because my makeup would probably rub off on formal clothes and then I'd be mortified.

on 8/9/2014 1:43:00 PM

Oh my gosh, this foundation. I usually go for a full coverage, matte foundation, that is gonna stay put all day. So of course I bought the original true match. It's good, not great. But when my skin is looking pretty decent and I don't want that full coverage matte look, I. LOVE. THIS. FOUNDATION. I love that it has a pump, the true match original is a tiny bottle that you have to pour, and I always pour too much. I've found it works best with a good stippling brush like the one by real techniques. The beauty blender works well too, but the thinner formula has better coverage with the brush. The coverage is medium, which is why I only use it when my skin is being particularly well behaved. I do set it with a powder, like I do with all foundation, no matter what. So it may feel like the powder defeats the purpose of using a luminous foundation, but with this one it doesn't. It holds up pretty well too. If I wear it to class in the morning, I'm probably going to need to at re powder before I go in to work. But it's gonna be a while before I need a complete touch up.

Also, I've found that when I mix this foundation, with the original true match, it's awesome! This summer I had an original bottle, which was too light for me, and a bottle of the true match lumi, which was too dark. I mixed them together and bam! Perfect shade, not too matte, not too dewy, and it stayed on much longer without a touch up.

on 8/4/2014 5:59:00 AM

Where has this been all my life!!?? my dull dry skin looks so lively and fresh with this foundation! the texture is amazing and it blends like a dream, a little goes a long way on me. def medium coverage it could even pass for light, i got the shade W1-2 porceline ivory and its just perfect. for all you dry skin girls GO GET THIS!:) you will love it. plus theres a good shade range to. thank you l'oreal for making my dull skin look glowy and fresh. will definetly repurchase.

on 8/4/2014 2:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I heard a lot of good things about this product, especially for dry skin. I haven't used a foundation in quite awhile and would normally stick to heavy concealers to cover the redness. I was able to pick it up today and applied it with a damp sponge. My store had limited colours and I ended up picking up N 1-2 which fits me pretty well. After applying I powdered only on my nose and under my eyes and went about my day.

A few hours later I looked in the mirror and was amazed. There was no caking anywhere despite me applying 2 layers. It just looked like skin. Since I deal with a lot of dryness it was quite amazing to see no cakiness anywhere and just flawless skin. I found my nose got a little shiny throughout the day but nothing abnormal for me. If you're looking for a medium coverage foundation that feels light on the face and suffer from dry skin, please try this! There's a great colour range (depending where you go) and the bottle has a pump!!

I will keep using this and hopefully my opinion on it remains the same

on 8/4/2014 1:38:00 AM

Not a bad foundation. Blends pretty nicely and seamlessy. Looks like skin on the face and you can get good coverage by layering it. Didin't break me out which is good but it didn't have good staying power. When I touch my face it just swipes off and I can see exactly where it came off. It also has terrible oil control and made me look like a greaseball after a couple of hours even when I powdered with an oil controlling powder.

on 8/3/2014 6:24:00 PM

The jury's still out on this one for me. While I love the way this makes my skin look upon first application, some of the other reviewers are right, the formula is way too greasy for my normal-oilyish skin. Anyone with really oily skin would be well advised to stay away from this. While I didn't experience any caking, about two hours after application, I needed a serious powdering and even had to wash this off and reapply. I know it sounds crazy, but I wanted to be sure that this was the culprit and not the greasy Mexican burrito I had for lunch which got all over my face and left quite a few oily patches. Nope, verdict on that one is that this was the culprit. I gave it three lippies because I really love the way it made my face look upon first use. However, I can't handle the oil slick this leaves and just wish to heck they would make an oil-free version, a la the Mattique of old (long discontinued but oh so good). Come on, L'Oreal, get a grip!

on 7/27/2014 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

I like this foundation... Blended quite nicely with my skin color. It's slighty greasy but not more than other foundations.

on 7/24/2014 12:01:00 AM

this foundation sucks, I've heard so many youtubers and bloggers rave about the true match lumi foundation but it just really wasn't for me. it does not hold well during the day, makes you look very dewy/oily which also makes it look very cakey, not very buildable and minimal coverage. its just not a flattering foundation, but the only pro i have for this product is that its lightweight and didn't break me out

Not a fan of this. I find the texture very greasy, and that is with normal to slightly dry skin-- I feel like this would be a nightmare on oilier skins. It doesn't really blend in and just 'sits' there on top of it. Longevity leaves much to be desired also. I was hoping for a cheaper alternative to MAC Studiofix Fluid, but I guess I will keep looking. Would not repurchase.