August 1, 2014 | 1908 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2014 11:09:00 PM More reviews by swenada

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like the application and ability to layer to build coverage. Product felt light on skin ( i used 2 pumps for light to medium coverage). The w5 was not a good match so I exchanged it for w6 ( for reference I'm MACNC40-42)which was a perfect match for me BUT just as I got done with my happy dance for it being a perfect match- the product totally oxidized on my skin. The new oxidized color left my shin looking quite muddy, I have yellow undertones but this new color just did not look well especially against my neck and chest. Maybe I will return it or maybe I will buy w5 and mix them to get my shade since I like the hydrating feel. Oh one other thing was that it felt like product did not dry on my skin and therefore I had to set it with a powder in fear it would slide off my face onto my toddlers shirt if he hugged me. Using the powder to set it made it lose that glowy look and made my skin look dry. Not the same effect like I have with my nars sheer glow which is one of my favorites but too pricey to wear while only running quick errands

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2014 8:36:00 PM More reviews by kjmama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have this in shade: n1-2 soft ivory/classic ivory. I have recently used several foundations with varying degrees of success but this one is hands down the best- with one tiny drawback that I willI tell y'all about in a minute. I'm 40, my skin is in good condition but it's a little dry and I have some uneven tones around my nose and eyes that I use foundation to "balance the canvas out". First of all, the bottle is so nice.I appreciate the pump with a tight spring that allows me to disperse as little or as much as I want. The plastic cap snaps on nice and tight and the glass bottle looks and feels nice. It feels and looks like a quality product. The product is easy to disperse out of the pump and is neither too thick or too thin. No bothersome fragrance. I have applied this by pumping onto the back of my hand and using my fingers to blend in and I have also tried using a foundation brush. I prefer to use my fingers because I do use a sunscreen under this and don't want to exfoliate that off during application. But both ways worked very well. It blended well and coverage was light to medium. It is buildable and I used a little more around my nose to conceal a few broken capillaries. It leaves a beautiful, very soft, natural finish that is...well LUMIness without any shimmer at all. It didn't make my skin look This wore for a full 10 hours and I'm sure it would've gone longer if need be. It didn't settle into any fine lines and just makes my skin perfect. Almost. The color did not completely match, but after everything else was on, it really was not an issue. I'm going to try a shade from the cool tones and see if this is a better match. Try this if you have dry skin and want a natural finish that looks like you've just been to a spa. This is it. My HG.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2014 5:13:00 PM More reviews by Kerosene10

I tried this foundation because it has so many shades to choose from. I have light skin, neutral to warm undertones. W3 was the perfect match. This foundation looks beautiful when you first put it on. It gives a candle-lit look to your face. Unfortunately it went from candle-lit look to oily in about two hours. This foundation may work for very dry skin, but for normal to combination, I would definitely pass on this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2014 7:14:00 PM More reviews by ElrRigby

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The finish of this foundation is gorgeous and really provides the luminous skin that it promises. That said, if you have oily skin, I'd recommend staying away. Even with powder, by the end of the day it looks like it's slipped completely off my t-zone. What's more, I noticed some pretty significant creasing in the fine lines around my eyes. The coverage is medium, though it didn't completely cover my acne scars. I think this will likely be a great foundation for folks in their 20s, with few fine lines and those with dryer skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2014 10:46:00 AM More reviews by englande

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This foundation has grown on me. After wearing it a couple months, I've really grown to like it. It is a light formula and can go on very thin. I found if I keep layering it, it really makes my pores on my cheeks and around my nose look huge. I like how creamy and luminous it is. It really keeps my face from looking cakey, but I do notice at the end of the day my face has an oily sheen to it. I always have to finish it with powder. I typically like to mix this with some other foundation, usually a MAC foundation in a darker shade. It works really well that way for me. When I feel like keeping the makeup light and more natural, I'll use this alone. It does well with covering red, but don't expect it to conceal breakouts. It will hide redness and dark spots, but not acne. I didn't notice it settling in any lines on my face or making me look dry. I like this foundation and will continue to use it along with my HG Mac Pro Longwear.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2014 10:31:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

"Lit from within" pretty much sums up this foundation. This stuff makes my skin look amazing without a shimmery finish, just healthy and radiant. And I love the pump and pretty bottle. If you want light to medium coverage, with a natural-looking satin finish this is for you!

My skin: Combo with typical oily t-zone and dry patches on cheeks and chin. Breakout/clog-prone skin that is clear/has stayed that way (yay!) after regular use of a BHA (PC's Clear) last year. Prefer sheer to medium coverage and natural/satin finish foundations or BB creams. I was wearing the shade #W3 or #W4 all summer (when I'm about NC30ish) and it is my favourite spring/summer foundation, now mix it 50/50 with #W1-2 for fall/winter - and if you can't find an exact perfect match in this line, you can always add a drop of any of your lighter/darker foundations to get a better match, I often mix this with other foundations such as GA Luminous, NARS etc and it works great with all of them (for reference: I have yellow/olive undertones. currently NC20 in MAC, Tarte Amazonian 12 hr Foundation in Light-Medium Sand, Missha Perfect Cover in #21, NARS The Radiant Cream in Fiji, WnW TM in #184A Buff, GA Luminous Silk in 4.5, Kat Von D Lock It Tattoo Foundation in Light 49). The L'oreal reminds me most of my beloved Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk, in feel and finish - which could be because GA is also owned by L'oreal and they have some similar formulas.

I wish L'oreal would expand the colours, there are less than in the TrueMatch line up but that is my only complaint. Regardless, I do prefer to custom mix and match my foundation year round to have the perfect shade for every season as my skin changes.I apply this on bare, moisturised skin or over/mixed with Etude House's Volumer to sheer it out a bit more and add "glow". I thought this foundation would be greasy because of the name and surprisingly it sets to a semi-matte satin finish but isn't flat at all, makes you look radiant but not greasy or oily. I LOVE that it comes in a pump-bottle! I hate pouring out foundation and even worse, tubs or jars - yuck. So there is no mess with this one. The first time I wore this, my sister kept complimenting my skin and even tried to rub off the foundation because she couldn't believe I was wearing any! I also got several compliments at work saying my skin looked really nice, and continue to get compliments on how nice my skin looks.

It's very light feeling, silky and just glides on, I usually either use my fingers, or buff this in all over with the RT face brush and then apply a second layer wherever needed (under eyes, around nose). It can be worn sheer-light or easily built up to medium and is able to cover my dark circles/brighten up the eye area and small broken capillaries I have around my nose. I use a bit of powder (Neutrogena Mineral Sheers or MAC MSFN in Medium) in the t-zone only. It lasts all day, wearing off slightly towards the end of the day, but does wear off evenly and doesn't look patchy. Really - the best thing about this is - other than being comfortable to wear and easy to apply, is the finished look. I hate dull, super matte foundations that make me look dead and this is great, no corpse look - very, very natural. Looks just like my own skin but better.

Repurchase/Recommend? Yes - I've already bought 2 back-up bottles of W1-2, W3, W4 - in case L'oreal discontinues this amazing foundation. I would recommend this to anyone (except those who need heavier/full coverage and maybe the oiliest skin unless you want to powder, or very dry skin unless willing to use heavy moisturiser as this foundation isn't "moisturising" in my opinion).

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2014 9:11:00 PM More reviews by annafefifofanna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to try this out as I heard nice things about it in the beauty world. I was not previously a fan of L'oreal True Match.. I found the color selection nice but the product itself oxidizes with horrible lasting power. But I decided to give this a try anyway. To me this is an OK foundation... It sits in my drawer hardly touched because I prefer many others over this one. Don't get me wrong it does have a luminous finish with pretty shine. The product is very soft and satiny but is also very sheer. It doesn't build coverage well either. You could possibly get up to medium if you have the patience. And unfortunately like it's evil sister True Match, it oxidizes and becomes darker than it at first appears and has terrible lasting power. Maybe 3 hours? Also this does noottt look very pretty on dry skin, trust me. You'd think because it's lumi it will but it only cakes around your dry patches. - BUT if you are having a great face day with almost no pimples and just feel like showing off your skins beauty with limited foundation.. I.E Model faces... This works for that and will give you that model glow. But if you're older, acne prone, or dry skinned, it's not the greatest. Oh and this has SPF and you can tell it smells like sunscreen and makes you shine like a ghost in photos.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2014 5:54:00 PM More reviews by CreativeBeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am not 100% sold on this foundation yet, but I gave it a good rating for the color match & for its finish. I'm in the process of working on my skin health with my dermatologist and so I try not to wear makeup much at all. I am 27 with combo skin that is on the dryer side from several skin rx I am currently on. When I am wearing foundation, I just wear enough in little areas that need some coverage or to even skin tone. I do not smear foundation over my entire face usually. This is why it's so important to me to have a dead on match. I am N1-2 in this and it's my first time using L'oreal foundation. I have been using MUFE HD and it's much heavier than I like and the color match is not quite there (#120- a little too light) plus the price tag is way too high for me to buy again.
Anyway, I like the dewy look I get from the loreal foundation- especially on my cheek bones. It's not like a highlighter glow, but a healthy looking glow. I typically apply it with a flat foundation brush and have no issues getting it to blend in. I have only used it alone to cover blemishes so far and if applied in thin layers, it covers well enough for me to not feel self conscious. I only need a thin layer of foundation and no concealer under my eyes to make me look more awake. It is a really great everyday foundation to give me healthy looking skin and help light up my face. I never feel "made up" when wearing this foundation and I like that I don't feel like I am covering up my face but enhancing it. The wear time for this foundation is fairly short like most say. I don't bother with primer or setting powder. I just use cetaphil restoraderm eczema formula moisturizer and let that dry first. But even then, I can get about 5-6 good hours out of it if I'm not rubbing my face or wearing some clothing that will rub at it a lot. I usually wash my face once I get home anyway. If it had a tad bit more coverage and lasted a bit longer, it would get 5 lippies. I am so impressed with the color match though that I will probably get some of the original true match and use it along with this foundation if I needed more coverage at some point.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2014 9:58:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I have mixed feelings for this foundation.

On one hand it's a nice formulation and gives the skin a glow. On the other hand its lasting ability is very low for a foundation and I can't get it to stay on me with anything (even primer & setting powder). I actually prefer Revlon Colorstay for Dry/Normal skin over this. This foundation has a medium (at most) coverage. I guess if you decent skin, or expect to use a lot of concealer, and don't care how long your foundation lasts you'll like this...?

It's going in my drawer with the products I don't use.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2014 9:46:00 PM More reviews by alishaa49

I have mixed feelings for this foundation. Great for anyone who has normal to dry skin, of course since it gives out a more lumi finish. I love lumi foundations and this was just perfect. I'm around NC42 and W6 is a perfect match! It gives light to medium coverage, which i like. Great if you just want to cover scarring but it WILL NOT cover mountain zits, you're gonna need concealer for extra coverage. The only con I have for this foundation is the lasting power, it barely lasts until my school ends, even when I use a primer. My scarring starts to peek through around 3-4 hours into the day, which just sucks. I think I'm gonna try NARS sheer glow since it gives more lasting power with the same amount of coverage as the true match lumi, pretty pricey but worth a try..
I hope this is helpful!