December 22, 2014 | 1842 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2014 8:40:00 PM More reviews by kimreztituyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have combination skin, (oily T zone, dry to normal everywhere else) and this is my HG dewy foundation! It has light/medium coverage, but it covers up my scars nicely. It's NOT oily on me (don't base your purchase on reviews, try it yourself cause a lot of combo people hate this but I don't.) it's very dewy, lasts ALL day! :) great color selection. You feel like you have nothing on, gives you a healthy "OMG SHES PREGNANT" glow lol. I use this everyday, and I don't set it with powder. If I love it with combo skin, imagine for you dry skin girls/guys! LOVE THIS! (ETC. My color is W6 & I have a golden yellow olive skin tone & I like that Florida sun kissed tan :)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2014 4:07:00 PM More reviews by katherinegclark

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this foundation is a great match for my skintone and since most drugstore brands only make light shades with pink undertones loreal is definitely a better match because the shade i have is warm undertones but light probably too light for anytime i get a little darker but its my natural skin tone this foundation is pretty light coverage and not very buildable it streaks if applied uncarefully and has a very emollient texture but i checked the ingredients and it is oil free as far as i can tell it looks quite natural but since i do have oilier skin it does transfer very easilly and is not long wearing the weird thing is in my flakey dry areas it makes them look even drier to make it last longer youd have to powder but that will take away the luminosity i wouldnt buy it again but im trying to use it up

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2014 3:18:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I havent reviewed any products in a long time. I used to be a very active makeup alley user but i logged in just to review this product, its that good. I am around NC40 this winter/spring, pregnant and looking for a luminous foundation that doesn't rub my pregnancy glow. I bought two colors: W5 and W6. W5 is a perfect match for NC40 skintone combined with Ben Nye banana powder (to add the yellow). W5 gives the most youthful, fresh luminous and a good color match, people tell me I'm well rested and polished, I get so many compliments on the glow. W6 was dark so I plan to try it out in the summer. I like this foundation better than Estee Lauder Futurist in Bare Beige, and this is better than Revlon Photoready and Macs mineralize powder.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2014 9:13:00 PM More reviews by Vac513

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Two words: cystic acne. Ugh. The finish was pretty when I first put it on, and the color match was pretty good, but after two days I broke out in deep, gross pimples on my cheeks, chin, and forehead. It's going to take a while to clear this up. :( If you have acne prone or sensitive skin, I wouldn't recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2014 3:49:00 AM More reviews by currybabe

FIRST OFF, I WEAR ALL MY FOUNDATIONS OVER A GOOD PRIMER - to give each foundation a fair chance. That being said, when I wear a primer first, this foundation really does give you that JLO GLOW, and lasts about 5 hours before it starts transitioning from JLO glow to oily-looking. Definitely recommended for people with dry skin!

Without a primer, this foundation will make my combination skin look like an oil slick in about 4 hours (yes, I do time my oily-looking rates!)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2014 10:08:00 AM More reviews by Steph315

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had to give a low review only because I couldn't find a shade that matched! I wear Sand Beige in Revlon Colorstay and 117/120 in MUF HD foundations. I tried three different shades of this foundation and they were either too orange, too dark, or way too light. Definitely need a few more color options in this line.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 12:23:00 AM More reviews by Ohsosweetca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have dry skin, and this foundation blends flawlessly into my skin. Light to medium coverage. Gives a sheen that's not glittery or matte.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2014 9:59:00 AM More reviews by AthenaNYC23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I know foundation is a very personal thing, so opinions vary.
Here's my experience with this foundation:

For me this product is absolutely lovely. I wanted a lightweight dewy foundation and read good reviews about it so I picked it up at the drugstore and I was lucky enough to find that the shade was phenomenal on me. I'm a W1-2 and it's the perfect color. I'd say it's the tiniest bit lighter than my skin tone but because this foundation is not really opaque/high-coverage it actually helps brighten me up even more and matches my neck perfectly.

I can instantly see my skin lighten up and become even and healthy-looking. I'd say it's a light to medium coverage but for me that's enough since I don't have any severe skin problems, just a couple of blemishes usually around that time of the month and some slight redness around my nose/mouth area which also depends on weather changes etc.
The finish is dewy, but nothing shimmery or "sweaty" looking. I don't over-powder with this one cause I don't wanna take away from that luminous effect, and I focus mainly on my t-zone which gets oily throughout the day.

Any brush works with this and because it is quite liquid, your fingers might do the job just as well. The most natural finish I get using my ELF flat top powder brush from the studio line (I dot some of the foundation with my finger on my face and gently buff it with the brush).

Throughout the day it doesn't really transfer or cling to dry patches I find, but it's not super long wearing either. I wouldn't recommend it for a day-to-night makeup look.

Overall it is a great product, it feels very good on the skin, and does what is says: brightens your complexion in a natural way that works whether you're going for a natural day time look or a glowing evening makeup look.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2014 11:46:00 AM More reviews by hilarybeauty55

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am not a fan of this foundation. I have combination dry/normal skin and I thought this would give me a healthy luminous glow (like the name implies), but instead it made me an oily mess. When first applied my skin did look very luminous, but when it set it accentuated my dry patches so bad! After about 3 hours this stuff made me look and feel super greasy and oily! The only way I can get this foundation to work is by setting it with lots of powder, which defeats the purpose of using a luminous foundation. Will not repurchase.

Pros:
- Bottle has a pump.
- Shades come in warm, neutral, and cool so it makes finding a good color match easier.

Cons:
- Super light coverage (if you try to build it up you will look like a greasy mess).
- A little bit more expensive than other drugstore foundations.
- Only lasts a few hours and will fade in patches throughout the day.
- Seems to make my skin feel sticky when I wear this.

Tips: The only thing I like about this foundation is that if I mix a little of this with my Revlon Colorstay it makes it less matte, gives a better color match, and thins out the heavy feel of the Colorstay.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2014 9:09:00 PM More reviews by elsamarie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I found a great match for my nc30 skin, which is N3. It's usually very hard for me to find a match so I was happy about that. I tried this on my normal/dry skin a few different ways. First, I tried it with a damp sponge and no powder. The coverage was light and had a dewy finish and looked pretty good for a couple of hours. Next, I tried it with a dry sponge and no powder. The coverage was medium and it definitely needed some powder, but I didn't use any because I wanted to see how it lasted throughout the day. After a few hours it wasn't only dewy - it got oily and toward the end of the day it pooled in my pores which aren't big to begin with. Third, I tried it with a foundation brush and powder. I liked the finish for an hour or two, but after that it made me look like I had oily, silly putty skin. It oxidized with all three applications. I returned it. I gave it two lippies instead of one because I think it could work for someone with skin that's more dry than mine.