L'Oreal True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

3.5

Active Ingredient: Octinoxate (7%). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Propylparaben, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminum Hydroxide, PEG-9, Ethylparaben, Dipropylene Glycol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben; May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride.

on 7/17/2014 12:50:00 PM

Love it for my dry skin. It is light-medium coverage which is all I need for a natural look. I find that N 1-2 works great for my fair skin, which has a slightly pink undertone.

on 7/15/2014 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I've bought this twice now (thought I would give it a second chance since it's so popular) but I returned it yet again. I have normal skin/dry skin for reference - and this never set into my skin, it just sat on top and made me feel/look greasy. It fades away after a few hours. I still do not understand the hype at all. I have tried almost ever drugstore foundation available (foundation hoarder) and hated this one more than any I have ever tried, and my expectations aren't even that high. The packaging is pretty and nice, but that is the only positive thing I have to say about it.

on 7/14/2014 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I agree with other reviewers regarding their disdain L'Oreal put 2 different tones together. I bought N1 N2 and am so disappointed. Out of the bottle this is sooo dark and slimy in texture. I wore this one day and felt like my face was covered in colored oil. Granted, the humidity here is atrocious, but, I was in air conditioning all day and still this color and formula are ghastly. In theory this sounded promising but if I had to wear this I'd have to add my FaceAtelier Zero minus to blend to a color that would flatter my compexion, it would have to be very cold and dry outside or else this would slide off my face. Which is what it did today. IMO this is a Nay on all levels the least of which is the bizarre formula. Lastly, I hate the pump as too much product is dispensed for realistic use. No luminousity here, just shine and oxidation. Back to CVS this goes.

on 7/12/2014 8:19:00 PM

Really saddened by L'Oreal's decision to mix together two different skin tones per bottle of their Luminous line, especially when still calling their line "True Match." I don't know what they were thinking.

Honestly it makes no sense and as much as I was looking forward to loving this foundation, if you are a W1, you'll be out of luck because the W1-W2 shade is much too orange and dark. Making loose estimations about skin tones is not what you should do when you're marketing a product to specially appeal to all different shades and tones. Seriously, L'Oreal. Mixing two colors makes a different color, not appealing to both of them, get real.

Not to mention the finish was a bit too "dewy" for my liking, coming across as unpleasantly cakey and oily and accentuating the size of my pores. My dry skin did not look moisturized, it looked wet with yucky foundation. I wouldn't recommend this product line to anybody and am going to be returning it ASAP. True Match's regular line, while not absolutely perfect, is far superior, especially on terms of how many shades you get to pick from.

Haven't disliked a product so much in a long time. Gross gross gross nightmare foundation.

I am really disappointed with this product. After hearing great things about it from various YouTubers, I went out and purchased it. I do have dry skin so wasn't too worried about the dewy finish becoming oily or anything else that I'd heard about. I actually found the complete opposite - it made my skin look really really dull. Like I'd covered it in flour. Considering it's mean to be luminescent, I was very unhappy about that. It is hard to apply - a brush makes it look streaky, sponge gives no coverage and fingers also make it a little streaky. It doesn't really ever set even with powder so you end up looking cakey. It really clung to any dry spots I had. As mentioned by many others, the only pros are SPF, the colour range and the pump applicator.

on 7/10/2014 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Pros: Great Package, Improves Skin
Color: C3 - Creamy Natural (I mix it with a touch of Almay's CC primer! Makes it last!)
Prior Foundation: Neutrogena Healthy Skin in Buff.

Have to give it time! If you don't like it at first, don't give up quite yet!

Originally I wrote a very negative review. I bought this product because my skin was horribly dry and I thought it would help since it was a dewy finish. My skin was in bad shape, very dry, patchy, red spots galore. When I first tried this product it barely covered the red spots, my dry spots looked nasty, and it made my face look dull. I was disappointed after all the raving reviews but since I spent the last of my makeup budget for the month on this I kept using it. Glad I did!

Over a period of two weeks my skin has improved so much! Even my acne is better! The texture of my skin has gone from scaly to smooth; something I thought I'd never see again! With all the improvements to my skin I have to say it covers wonderfully now. I look polished and bright without looking like I'm wearing a lot of makeup, which is my favorite look anyways.

So long story short - if you try it and hate it's coverage, give it a little bit of time. I've never had any product, not even lotions and creams designed to improved texture, improve my skin this much. I thought the "Healthy" part in the product's title was just a gimmick. Apparently not! :)

Edit: (1/13/2015) I have since decided to switch to natural makeup and body products. I use jojoba oil as a cleanser and moisturizer and I found it cleared my skin up amazingly. For the first time I no longer need foundation. When I do use foundation I use Physician's Formula Organic CC cream. Its amazing. There is nothing wrong with Lumi, I just don't need foundation as much any more and plus PF's is organic. I recommend trying oil cleansing for skin care. If you don't mind chem foundation this good light weight dewy foundation. PF has more coverage but is also more matte than Lumi. I use a highlighting dust over PF to give it a dewy shine that makes it on par with Lumi.

on 7/10/2014 12:18:00 AM

Having tried L'Oreal True Match foundation, I have to say this product is far below. The ONLY pro I found is the pump applicator, which is great to measure the amount of product you apply as well as keep it clean and far from bacteria.

Other than that I found this product does not even cover minor imperfections, made my pores look bigger, and looked cakey after a couple of minutes of application.

This foundation would be good o dry/mature skins, but I mark that its coverage is poor.

on 7/9/2014 8:21:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I am obsessed with this foundation. An excellent alternative to high end products. Don't get me wrong, I love my MAC studio fix foundation and MAC BB cream but I find myself reaching for this foundation all the time. Has exactly what I'm looking for in my makeup--quality and longevity. A must buy.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

EDIT:
I originally gave this product 4 lippies but i'm reducing it to 3 now that i've been using it for a while longer. Although the coverage is buildable without getting cakey and it makes my skin look naturally radiant and smooth this foundation is just IMPOSSIBLE to set! No matter what setting spray or powder I use, no matter how thinly I apply it, it slips and slides everywhere. As well as my having to be careful to never touch my face or i'll be leaving beige fingerprints everywhere. Its such a shame because everything else about this foundation is wonderful. If anyone knows a good powder for setting this i'd love to know!

My original review is below:

Although this product has faults, it's truly what my skin has needed! I have combo skin and I'm on the oilier side with dry patches around my mouth at the moment. For whatever reason this summer, no matter what foundation i use it dries my skin out more and more. I even went back to buy foundations that i previously thought were too dewy for me (true match) but even that didn't cut it. I finally decided to but the True Match Lumi and i LOVE IT! I'll note that i wear N1/2 and it's a perfect match for my skin tone, but in the regular true match i wore W3 so be aware that the lightest of the neutrals isn't exactly light!

I get medium coverage with one layer and full coverage with 2 while it still looks natural! I do have to powder it, which leads to my biggest issue with the foundation: it's so slippery. It is definitely a foundation where i need to be mindful of rubbing my face on anything otherwise I'll be leaving a beige mark behind. It also takes a bit longer than I'm used to to set on my face, but the regular true match already took AGES to set (once it sets i need to smooth out where it's set into my smile lines, but once i do that and powder I'm good to go for the day). But these negatives don't make a difference to me, because this is the only foundation i can wear right now that doesn't make me look like Herman Munster!

on 7/5/2014 7:24:00 PM

I used this pretty much until it ran out (or at least until I gave in and bought something new to try, which means I used to for about 3 months).
Overall, a pretty mediocre foundation. Although I haven't used Loreal's regular True Match foundation(s), I have tried other Loreal foundations in general and this stands out as one of the best.
The formula is very liquidy/watery but it's nice because it means that the product doesn't feel heavy on the skin, although it does feel dewy so I wouldn't really recommend it for oily skin. I would buy the foundation again, but I would possibly buy it in the winter because since my skin is leaning more towards combination and it gets drier in the colder months. It didn't make me break out, which was good; I actually thought my skin improved overall while I was using this. Staying power is pretty decent, although, like I said, it gets oily/slippery so it lasts longer with a powder and a primer would probably help, too.
Price is reasonable. It has a pump, which is a plus, except the cap falls off sometimes. Merrp :(