L'Oreal True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

3.5

Active Ingredient: Octinoxate (7%). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Propylparaben, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminum Hydroxide, PEG-9, Ethylparaben, Dipropylene Glycol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben; May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride.

on 12/29/2014 10:56:00 AM

At first I didn't get on with this at all, but after giving it a chance I realised to reach it's full potential I had to moisturise fully before hand a stipple it on (Mac 187) rather than using a flat foundation brush (Mac 109). Now it gives me good coverage and isn't cakey or dry. I would definitley recommend this for a drugstore everyday foundation! For those wondering I'm a NW10 in Mac and a W1 in this. :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this product after finishing up my original true match foundation (which I love) and decided to give it a try. I thought this stuff would be 10x better than the true match super blendable makeup but it just did not work for me. I feel as if this foundation would be perfect for those with very dry skin. My skin is oily to combination and made my face look like a blot of grease within just an hour of wearing. Very annoying to touch up because I would have to do it every other hour or so, and it felt so disgusting because I was just caking up more and more powder onto my face. Everytime I wore this foundation I could not wait to take it off at the end of the day. I definitley would not recommend this to people with oily skin. I'm sure it works great on dry skin. One thing I can't complain about it the finish it gives. It gives a very luminous, healthy glow to the face after applying. I was not very fond of the coverage though. The packaging is great because of the pump it makes it so much easier to get the right amount of makeup needed.

on 12/28/2014 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this even though I have an oily t-zone because I wanted to mix this with my überMatte (almost dead and chalky) looking foundations. And I love it. I wear it all on it's own some days. When worn alone it needs to be set with powder and I need to blot throughout the day. Which isn't that big a deal to me. I love the color match for my nc42-44 skin (I wear N7-8) and I love how it's not too heavy a coverage. The pump is amazing, and I love this applied with my Beauty Blender and my Real Techniques Buffer and Expert Face brushes.

on 12/22/2014 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

For starters, I have oily skin (I should have taken this into consideration due to the fact that it is a aluminizing foundation) and this factors into my review. So although this product didn't work well for me, it may work wonders for you!!! I used this product for a good month to get the feel of it and see how it worked with my skin. This product definitely didn't do anything good for my skin. At first application, the finish it had was amazing! I loved the way it made my skin look, but after about an hour, my face looked a hot mess. It began to wear off, get splotchy; basically, my face looked like it was melting off. I usually have pretty cooperative skin, but another con I have with this foundation is, it caused severe break outs. Like I said, I've always had nice skin so a breakout is a rarety for me. I knew it was the foundation! I wouldn't ever buy this product again, for me, but I would give it a try if you have dry skin. It definitely has a very beautiful natural finish but because of the fact that I have oily skin, it just didn't work for me.

on 12/15/2014 6:58:00 PM

I find it does not cover as much as I would like it too but you do have to build it up quite a bit in order to cover scarring or blemishes which means using more product than needed unlike my Mac Studio Sculpt,this doesn't make me as happy as MAC does on coverage, thin consistency and feels very light and moisturizing to the skin feels really good and not cakey, and I do like a heavier coverage as my face is quite red and it's a great color matches quite well as I wanted a lighter winter foundation and this worked quite well, I don't like the fact that I have to build it up quite a bit or that I have to use quite a bit when using (about 6 pumps) which means that I have to buy more and it runs out faster but overall I am semi happy with it not totally satisfied like I am with MAC but will suffice for no and a great foundation for its price I would probably would buy this again depending on the situation but as of now no.

on 12/9/2014 10:29:00 PM

I have to say that this foundation is great for a drugstore brand! I have dry skin and the winter I need a little more coverage then just my BB cream so I chose this, when you go to wal mart there is an index sized card with all the shades of foundation you hold it up to the under side of the wrist an inch or two away and whenever you see the little square of color like disappear then that's your shade! It's pretty cool , I did it and the color match was perfect! But anyways getting to the foundation lol it's not to heavy and not to light... And it doesn't look caked on when you put it on, I use a stippling brush to apply and set it with translucent powder and it looks great. I usually use MAC but it's way to heavy to use all the time .. This new foundation is my favorite :-) I would deff recommend..

on 12/8/2014 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Love this stuff, I have dry skin and this just feels like my face is being moisturized when I apply this. It's very light on the skin and gives you great coverage!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Wow, this is an impressive ds fdtn! I have never had good luck with L'oreal's fdtns and haircare products, but True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup made up for past not so good experiences with L'oreal products.

Texture is semi-light and watery, but not too watery, and glides effortlessly over skin. Coverage is medium, evens skin tone, and doesn't sink into fine lines. Finish is soft, non-cakey, and as the name says, luminous. Another plus, in my book, is I can't "feel" the fdtn on my skin. It doesn't matter how good of coverage and finish a fdtn provides, if I can feel it on my skin, it's an automatic no-go.

The one major problem I had with this fdtn is finding the correct color match. Will admit it was quite a challenge. This line runs very dark. Fdtn appears much darker on skin than it appears in the bottle. When it comes to ds fdtns, I will hold up two bottles closest to my skin tone, one on each side of my face, to find a good match. It has worked in the past, but not with the Lumi line. First time purchased this in N5 True Beige. Way too dark for my skin tone, and it oxidized like mad. Knew I would need help finding the correct color match, so I went to findation.com, and it recommended W4 Natural Beige. Nope, too dark and oxidized. This line of fdtn even defies findation.com :) . Tried W3 Nude Beige, same problem. I have a neutral skin tone, and am able to bounce from neutral, warm and cool to find a good color match. Finally found a good color match in cool ~ C3 Creamy Natural. In other brands of makeup, a fdtn labeled C3 would have been too light, but as I mentioned, this line runs dark. If you're interested in trying this fdtn, recommend forgetting about shades of fdtns worn in the past, and currently wearing. Start fresh as if you're a fdtn novice trying to find the right shade.

Fdtn packaged in a pump dispenser, which is my personal fav. It's convenient and less messy.

In my very strong opinion, L'Oreal True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup rivals HE brands. Why pay $65 or more, when you can pay $13.99.

on 12/2/2014 2:19:00 PM

Wore this foundation for one day, came home and took it off and I had red blotches, hives, dry patches, and bumps all over my face. It could have been an allergic reaction but I have worn several types of their products before and my face has never done this. I will never purchase anything from this company ever again. it has been a week, and my face is still broken out with hives, bumps, dry patches, and red blotches. Whenever I try to moisturize, it burns my face where this foundation has cracked my skin. My face actually started to bleed the day after wearing this foundation. It is the absolute worst product I have and probably ever will purchase in my life.

on 11/28/2014 11:41:00 AM

love this! my new hg. i used revlon Colorstay in #200 nude for normal/dry skin for months now. i loved that except for the fact that it was very expensive for drugstore ($15 at CVS) and that it dried too fast and clung on to my dry spots. this makes that foundation look like crap. this provides a healthy glow. i wouldn't even call it dewy... it was just perfect. slightly oxidizes (nothing that blending into your neck cant fix). around $13 at CVS (still a little expensive for drugstore) and it isn't very easily blended, i don't mind that. no noticeable scent either. I'm in C3 which is the lightest cool tone.