Revlon ColorStay Whipped Crème Makeup

3.9

Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Water, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Tocopherol, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silk Powder, Alumina, Polyisobutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Cyclodextrin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica Silylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxide, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

on 12/21/2014 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I have been wearing this for about three weeks now and I really like it! I have used Nars sheer matte for several years and was looking for something a little less expensive to use on weekends and days off of work. I wear Santa Fe in Nars, I'm an NC30 in MAC, so I bought the shade warm golden. It's just about as good as it gets for color. In the summer I think I'll need one shade darker though.

I have very oily skin and this really does last. I still need to blot once or twice but even if I don't the shine isn't nearly as bad as with some other foundations I've tried. I tried applying with my fingers first but the result was too much coverage. So, I tried a few other techniques and settled on using a finger to dab on my face and then buffing in with a flat top kabuki. This results in a very nice finish that isn't too heavy. You don't need very much of this at all! But, that means it is very build-able. I can add a little where I need it and it covers really well. I do notice the gray cast when I first put it on, as other reviewers have mentioned, but once I set it with a finishing powder I don't notice it anymore. Bronzer and blush look great on top of this and don't get cakey. This foundation also does not oxidize on my oily skin which is nice. It's the same color all day.

As most everyone has said… the packaging is less than good. The glass jar is just not practical or clean. But, the product is good so I just deal with it. I don't think I would ever travel with this because of the packaging. Overall, this is a fantastic drug store foundation for my oily skin that I will definitely repurchase.

on 12/16/2014 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I am picky about foundations. I have oily skin with my forehead being he spot that I must blot throughout the day.
I currently have 3 favorite foundations that I use.
Rimmel Lasting Finish
YSL Touche Eclat...forehead goes oily quick with this one but I still like it.
Covergirl 3 in 1

Revlon Colorstay whipped is a must have for me now that ive tried it. It is the ONLY foundation that I can truly go a whole day without needing to blot my forehead. The coverage is excellent. .it's neither wet nor dry.
My only issue was on deciding on what shade to buy. I bought Buff and it looks fine but when I first put it on, it has a slight grey cast to it that I don't notice later. I am thinking of trying a different shade. I see myself using this as long as they sell it!!

on 12/16/2014 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Before purchasing the whipped creme foundation first I Want to tell you about the Revlon colorstay liquid foundation. I first purchased the liquid in the shade warm golden. The shade looked like it would match. After putting it on about an hour later it turned very dark on me so much that I looked like I had an orange mask on. I returned it and purchased the whipped cream formula in sand beige. Color goes on a bit light but once it settled in, it matched my skin and looked very natural. I'm happy with this foundation as it gives medium to full coverage without looking cakey. Goes on smoothly and you don't need to work as quickly with it. This is very similar to the covergirl olay lift effect. Lasted all day. Color did not turn dark on me. Gives a satin finish. This is a pretty good drugstore foundation. I will update in a week or two to see if anything changes but so far I'm pleased with it. This foundation looks better as the day goes on. This is the opposite of some foundations where some of them looks great as soon as it is applied but than not as good as the day goes on. This is ok when first applied but gets better when it's on awhile.

on 12/15/2014 10:42:00 PM

beautiful to blend and apply, great colour matching choices, nice texture, would buy again
cons would be that it may have a weird unlikeable smell haah but not to bad

on 12/13/2014 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I was looking for a new foundation and instead of spending a fortune at Nordstrom or Sephora like I usually do, I decided to give the drugstore a try. I had used Revlon Age-Defying liquid years ago but it didn't really do the job. I bought the ColorStay Whipped Cream Makeup because it looked like a good bet for my dry skin coming into yet another cold winter in the Northeast.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that this foundation is perfect for my skin. The coverage is full which I like and it stays put all day. In addition, my skin stays flake-free throughout the day.

The jar is heavy glass which is not the best packaging but I transferred it to a small travel jar for my business trips and leave the glass at home. This week was 40% all Revlon at CVS so I purchased a second jar even though I am not even halfway through the first one. Definitely a keeper.

on 12/7/2014 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I tried Colorstay liquid way back when Revlon first launched the line and it was a disaster for me. It dried almost too fast to work with and the finish was super matte. I never went near it again, despite the raves it gets on YouTube, until a co-worker's flawless face prompted me to ask about her foundation. I've never done that vefore, btw. I don't know how the liquid would work for me but the Whipped Creme is easy to work with and provides a finish that's near matte but not completely. it goes on easily with brush, sponge or fingers and it covers pores very well, even without a primer. I always use a setting spray so I can't say if that's why it looks as good as it does at day's end but it's still perfect when I take it off at night. Because the finish is near matte, using a blush with a hint of sparkle and bronzer in the usual places is necessary to bring dimension back to the face. A jar of this will always be on my makeup table from now on.

on 12/7/2014 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

First off, I had been using Revlon produt for years. Initially I absolutely LOVED the Colorstay liquid foundation, until they changed the formula in around 2013? (FYI they changed the formula again recently with the Time Release Technology).

So, I live in Singapore - hot and humid all year round. Plus, I have oily and acne prone skin with post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. Not pretty.

I do notice that I get a better finish if I use my beauty blender to blend this product rather than with a stippling brush.

Pros:
Medium coverage, definitely not buildable to full for me.
Lasting power is quite good, but it does get oily around my nose area.
Doesn't get blotchy.
Doesn't break me out.
No strong smell in particular (I'm hate foundation with fragrances)

Cons:
The jar is very bulky and heavy
Doesn't fully cover my hyperpigmentation
Feels heavy on the skin if I layer it

on 11/25/2014 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have incredibly oily skin with large pores. And, no mattifier, foundation, powder, primer, setting spray, etc. has ever fully kept my oil at bay. With that said I have pretty reasonable expectations, and I must say that I do love this foundation.

I do have to blot on average once a day, but instead of using 3 oil-absorbing sheets, I just need one. I can honestly say that this foundation controls my oil so much better than other popular, oil-controlling foundations, like Estee Lauder's Double Wear and Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation. And, what I'm most excited about is that it does not oxidize -- a problem I have with so many foundations! I have large pores, so with almost all of my other foundations, in order for me to cover my pores up and keep them covered throughout the day, I have to really buff in my foundation; but, with this foundation, I can quickly apply it with either my fingers or a Beauty Blender and I am good to go! (I prefer the Beauty Blender because it's less of a mess.) Weirdly enough, this foundation gets better looking throughout the day and beautiful melds into the skin. And as the day progresses, instead of looking super matte it just looks like good, healthy skin. It's also medium coverage, but can be built easily to full coverage with about 2 layers. I've heard that this foundation is great without a primer, but putting on primer is second nature to me at this point, so I've never tried.

I'm NC 20-25 at MAC and I wear the shade 150 Buff.

Pros:
-Medium-to-full coverage and easy to build
-Great for oily skin
-Stays on all day and melds into the skin beautiful throughout the day
-Doesn't oxidize
-Great for covering up large pores
-Blendable

Cons:
-Packaging is a heavy, bulky, glass pot
-Taking out the product can be a bit a nuisance
-Color matching solely by looking at the product at the store is not reliable. Make sure to do some research online first!

on 11/24/2014 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

I had first tried this back in the hot Texas summer and it was no bueno.....but brought it out again now that it's winter(ish), and my oily skin gets dry and tight in the cold air. Wowsa - huge difference - it appears the epic fail in the summer was just my oil slick skin and not this product. This stuff lasts all day - if I don't touch my face, I don't have to powder at all (maybe my nose once.....). So far me likey.....new (winter) HG foundation?? Quite possibly. Like everyone else (haters) I have to say the packaging for this sucks royally - you don't get much for the price - and it's in a glass container that feels like you're lugging around a cement block. But unless it starts mysteriously breaking me out, Imma keep this going for the winter. Win!

on 11/24/2014 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I'm confused about this foundation. My skin tone is medium, maybe NC 25. I bought the shade 330 (true beige) in this and it was a bit dark but it was so moisturizing for my dry skin that I went back and got the 320 shade (warm golden) and it's a perfect match. But for some reason my dry skin feels drier and after 2 hours the dry patches start to show, and I'm not doing anything different. I don't know if I got a "bad one" maybe old the second time around but it doesn't feel the same as the first one at all. I am so disappointed because I really really loved this foundation but it was too dark on my face. It lasts a long time once is set, usually after a 9 hour shift my makeup is still intact and it gave me the dewy look I want. Too bad it was too dark for me and now the one that matches me doesn't feel the same. :-/
I will repurchase this though and maybe see if as I said I got one that was old or something.