April 16, 2014 | 979 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2014 5:08:00 AM More reviews by DefunktPistol

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Foundation is the first cream foundation I have ever tried. I usually buy the regular Colorstay foundation but one day I was like what the hell? I'm going to try this version. The product comes in a glass jar. I don't exactly hate the jar, but it is a wee bit cumbersome and can be unsanitary if your fingers are not clean. The foundation is quite dense but does not feel heavy on my skin. It actually feels quite nice and buttery. I dab little tiny dots of this all over my face and then blend with the elf powder blush. I love the finish; it is a little more matte than the regular Colorstay. The smell was nearly a deal breaker for me!! It has a strong and I mean STRONG chemical stench; similar to cleaning products. Honestly, I was very afraid it would burn my sensitive skin. Thankfully and surprisingly my skin had no issues with this foundation and the smell went away after a few minutes of wear. Overall it is a great product. If you can get over the god awful smell, I say give it a whirl.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 8:12:00 PM More reviews by angelicary

I am like extremely picky about foundations since my skin always gets rashes and becomes red whenever I try on a face product. So far, I have a ton of foundations piling in my vanity just because none of them would please my sensitive skin. I tried on this new foundation after hesitating so much about buying another one and I fell in LOVE with it! it's totally a holy grail i cannot live without anymore. My skin stays flawless all day with barely any shine and I just love how it still looks good even after a long day. I love the packaging also. It is worth the money and I just hope Revlon would never discontinue the foundation e.e i just cannot live without it anymore. And I seriously do not even need any powder over it but it still does its best job on my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2014 6:00:00 PM More reviews by Sophiebops

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So sad... I love this foundation so much and for a while it was so good for my finicky dry skin, when every other foundation made me look cakey. The past couple months though, it broke me out so bad it looked like an infection. I stopped using this and my beauty blender (I think that could have had something to do with it) and it has mostly cleared up. Loved this foundation, great coverage, natural matte finish, lasted all day, but not the best for sensitive skin types like myself. But I guess you get what you pay for with a $13 foundation! Will not be putting any more drugstore foundations on my face but if your skin can handle anything I 100% RECOMMEND THIS FOUNDATION!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 5:28:00 PM More reviews by Amazzinvila

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Im in love with this, I've been using it for years. It has great coverage and doesn't look cakey, and you can apply it with anything... but make sure you blend it out very well. This last all day on my face and i have combination skin , verryy oily in the center of my face and on my cheeks were you would contour i tend to be dry.. and this works perfectly ! I don't even set this with powder, sometimes and it stays matte! Also it doesn't rubb off or transfer on my boyfriends white shirts , which is amazing cause we all know that can be embarrassing. I give this product 5 out 5 , and i consider it my HG foundation! a must in my routine!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2014 4:38:00 PM More reviews by strakale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm on my third jar of this...I really love it!
I have combo/dry skin with some hormonal breakouts, so I want something full coverage, but that will not make my skin look drier and older. I did like the original Colorstay, but I sometimes found it cakey. I don't have such a problem with this version. It seems to be more natural looking on the skin (if you don't apply too much!) and still lasts long and covers on me. I don't think it's *quite* as full coverage, it seems to be more medium-full than full, but that doesn't bother me. It evens out my skin tone and covers acne scars, but won't cover really red acne. I can skip undereye concealer most days (although I usually use it anyway, because I'm a makeup addict!).
I've applied this with my ELF powder brush, RT blending brush and Sigma stippling brush. All seem to give a good finish. I tend to set it with powder, but I could probably get away without.
My only issue is that it can pool in the pores around my nose. I just keep and eye on it and blot a bit to resolve the problem, but it's something to keep in mind.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2014 8:35:00 PM More reviews by catamie

I didn't like this product at first, it came out darker and more pinkish, the color looked horrible on me. If the color isn't right, nothing else really matters. However, I was able to return the product and exchanged for a lighter color. The coverage this time was perfect and my face looked natural. It covers all the red spots and undereye dark circles. It lasted well throughout the day. I have no issue with the packaging, if I am traveling, I would just scoop a little into a small container. The cream formula will not leak and a little is all you need. I will repurchase this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 8:25:00 PM More reviews by MacMegan33

One of the best foundations I have used. I didn't know what to say/rate about the price and packaging stuck in the middle. I mean its a really great product but it is a little on the pricey side for drugstore and the jar is high end looking but unsanitary. Let me say this is awesome. Blends like a dream. If you dab/apply it with your fingers it melts into your face. I use the MAC 187 for a airbrush finish and am undecided about wether or not to use powder I think every time I use powder I mess up the wonderful semi-matte satin type finish. It's a really crazy texture and finish that is hard to describe but it's beautiful. It last all day and night, and actually looks better an hour after applying. If I use my fingers to apply I can see my pores on my nose at the end of the night and when I apply it with the 187 I get better results all around no pores. Love this stuff so glad I bought it. It makes my face/skin look so angelic and perfect. Airbrushed. Awesomeness.

200 sand beige

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2014 2:07:00 AM More reviews by briannanm

Love, love, love this foundation. I use it every day! It's long lasting, covers just enough for daily wear, and still looks good with an all out eye. I do wish it came in a fuller coverage as I do work as a makeup artist and it would be awesome to have that flawless max coverage. However, it is buildable. I put it on in the mornings at 7AM and when I get home at 8 or 9, it still looks amazing as long as I've been taking care of my oily T-zone with blotting sheets throughout the day. I've repurchased it a few times since the whipped line was launched and I recommend it to my clients as a cheaper alternative to a high end full coverage. I will definitely keep repurchasing!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2014 10:52:00 AM More reviews by Plinko

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Over the last two months I've developed a bit of a high maintenance foundation routine. I have always had dry skin, then, out of nowhere I developed the greasiest of greasy foreheads. Nothing seemed to combat the oil. I love the luminosity of my Lancome Photogenic foundation, and feared I'd have to give it up because I just could not keep my forehead from looking wet and gross.

After experimenting with different cleansers, toners, moisturizers, oil absorbing masks, diets, powders and foundations, I bought a jar of this to use ONLY on my forehead. I am NW20, and bought the color Nude. I found that it was a perfect match for my skin tone, and blended perfectly with my Lancome Photogenic in Buff 4C. To my utter delight, this foundation controls the oil on my forehead all day long without a powder. By using Colorstay Whipped on my forehead and Photogenic on the rest of my face, I achieve the luminous, fresh faced look that I strive for.

The foundation is quite thick, and I only need a small dot to cover my forehead. It spreads very easily. I use my fingers and buff it out with my Real Techniques Expert Face brush. I have experimented with this foundation all over my face and found that I loved it on day one, but not so much on subsequent days. It seems to dry my skin out, and I don't feel that it is made for dry skin.

The jar packaging is cumbersome, but not a deal-breaker. The formula is such that I don't believe a pump or squeeze tube would be appropriate. I wash my hands before I use it and replace the cap promptly, so I am really not that concerned about germs. I depot a bit into a contact case, stash it in my travel kit, and I'm good.

It may seem like overkill to use two different foundations, but I like what I see. I like the results and will continue with this method for as long as it works for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2014 12:45:00 AM More reviews by bbybreanna

i am on my second jar of revlon colorstay whipped!
i have oily, acne-prone skin with occasional pimples here and there, and plenty of acne scarring. two thick layers of this foundation will provide full coverage, which is awesome because i don't have to use concealer! one layer provides medium coverage. what i like about this foundation is that you can layer it on and it does not feel heavy, especially compared to colorstay liquid.
what i've noticed is the coverage is based on how you apply! blended in with a normal foundation brush, you get more light to medium coverage, which is not for me. stippling on with a duo fiber brush will give you higher coverage.
this lasts all day, with moisturizer underneath but no primer.