Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - Honey

Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, BIS-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Squalane, BIS-Behenyl/Isostearyl/Phytosteryl Dimer Dilinoleyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Polyethylene, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Triisostearin, Diisostearyl Malate, Cera Microcrystallina ((Microcrystalline Wax) Cire Microcristalline), Trimethylolpropane Triethylhexanoate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Polyamide-3, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Mentha Piperita ((Peppermint) Oil (Mentha Piperita Oil), Limonene, Sorbic Acid, May Contain/Peut Contenir [+/-: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 27 (CI 45410), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 6 (CI 15850), Orange 5 (CI 45370), Red 21 (CI 45380), Red 33 (CI 17200), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Manganese Violet (CI 77742)].

I recently purchased the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Lip Balm in honey and I am really enjoying it. It goes on very sheer but has a great texture. The colour is a "my lip colour but better" type of colour, so it is great for everyday use. It is quite moisturizing however, I still put a lip balm underneath because of my very dry lips at this time. I think these are great dupes for the Clinique chubby sticks. I have a few but they are slightly pricey at about $20 I believe. So, I can buy two of the Revlon ones for the price of one Clinique chubby. I will be purchasing these in more colours very soon and would definatley repurchase!!

on 1/18/2014 11:36:00 PM

Love, love, looove this product! From its cute "crayon" packaging to how build-able and lively the colour is, I will definitely be repurchasing this product once I run out. For $11, it isn't exactly dirt cheap, but is reasonably priced for how smooth the product applies onto your lips. Plus, it's true to its name "Balm Stain" since the honey colour of this product stains onto your lips usually after second use.

The one thing I'm not quite sure about, is why Revlon named this colour "Honey", since it's more of a deep mauve. Nevertheless, I can envision anybody to wear this colour since it totally fits an effortless look. (But to go a bit bolder, you can keep on building the colour to make it bright).

on 1/17/2014 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Don't get the raves. I thought this would suit me but it does not particularly. Darker than the container suggests and drags on the lips so does not feel like a balm. I like these chunky lip pencils as a concept and have several from other brands, but I would not get this brand again. This cost 7.99 pounds in Boots. If you are UK based I would recommend the chunky pencil lip glosses from the Autograph range at Marks and Spencers, particularly the nude shade. They cost two pounds more but compared to the Revlon it is the difference between a glass of cava and a glass of champagne.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The color - Aaaaaaaa (in a BAD way). Went on a LITTLE more bright pink than I was expecting but not too bad. Color was also more opaque than I expected. Color CHANGES though. I guess the stain is different than the balmy glossy part. The color then was bright Barbie pink. Ladies if you are over 30, do not buy. Not flattering.

Texture - very balmy and pleasant. Not too heavy. The initial balm that goes on is very much like lipstick. It will transfer to cup until it dries/wears off. Once this top layer wears off, lips are still stained with color.

Length of wear - does stay on. Even after eating but COLOR CHANGE is deal breaker for me.

on 1/13/2014 6:32:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

It's a really nice mauve-pink color. It's an everyday lip color-super moisturizing and it lasts all day.

on 1/9/2014 9:22:00 PM

HOOOOOLY GRAIL. This product actually stains my lips - I can get through 2 whole meals without it starting to leave an outline around my lips. It looks great freshly applied, and although I donʻt think the product is meant to be moisturizing it definitely feels that way when first applied. I can use this product even when my lips are chapped, but I donʻt let too much dead skin accumulate so it doesnʻt settle into any crevaces on my lips.

I gave it a 3 for price because I currently live in East Asia, where American products get a steep price hike. I paid $13, and Iʻm already half out after using this for only a month and a half. However I do use it practically every day, and I would absolutely repurchase.

great lip stain, stays for a long time very soft on lips, put i always use lip balm with it for extra shine.

on 1/8/2014 5:03:00 AM

I bought this product because if all the hype but it failed on me. It's a very nude colour IMO. It cancelled out the natural colour on my lips and turned it brownish... not in a nice nude colour... but i have purply nude grey lips. and made me look kinda tired. I really liked the consistency and smoothness of this lip product though. I just need a different colour for my NC30 skintone.

This is my everyday lipstick and I love everything about it. Seriously, I panic whenever I'm out of it. First, it deposits good color without looking gaudy. This makes Honey a perfect natural looking lip color. Second, it has superb staying power. The whole Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain by Revlon is a godsend to people like me with deathly pale lips that cannot hold down color. It is easy to apply, does not feather and stays put even after a drink or at light meal. Third, it does not dry out your lips. Other long wearing lipsticks and balm stains make my lips chap and flake. This one doesn't. It feels light, yields a good sheen and keeps my lips moist and healthy looking. This shade might be too pale for most and it is very understated. But if you want your lips looking like its in the pink of health, grab this stick now.

on 12/31/2013 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

HONEY is a well-pigmented glossy, mauve-based nude shade; it is almost the same shade as my natural lip colour - just a teensy bit darker. It has proven to be a very wearable shade for me; it can be worn all year round, and it goes with all of my preferred eye makeup looks. I think that it is a similar shade to one of my favourite lipsticks - NARS Catfight.

My lips have been kept hydrated and flake free during cold weather and central heating, since using Just Bitten Kissable Lip Balm Stain. And, true to it's name, not only is it a effective balm, but the colour actually does wear like a traditionally drying lip stain - it stays put for hours, through both eating and drinking.

I can't believe that it took me so long to try these stains; Just Bitten Kissable Lip Balm Stain is now in the top 3 for my favourite lip products. They remind me somewhat of Tarte's Lip Surgences, but these are better as they wear longer, don't melt in the tube and the caps don't crack, making a mess in my bags.

Recommended for Medium Skin