September 23, 2014 | 2035 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorstay LipColor

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2004 10:40:00 PM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

COCOA is the ONLY red (brown based) lipstick shade that doesnt clash with my skintone!!!(C40/C5) and the lipstick lasts for hours!!! although not as moisturizing as i would like,i can top it off with gloss....i would only buy this lipstick solely for this color bcoz i cant find anything else that would suit my warm toned MMM-AAB skin like Cocoa...if i ever need to wear a red toned shade...the formula is better than great wear IMHO....

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2004 7:33:00 PM More reviews by virginiachick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Ok, I bought this on impulse. I saw the ad in Glamour and I bought it. I have the Colorstay Overtime Sheer Pomergrante. Its a sheer red that really doesn't go with my skin tone or the look that I am trying to achieve. I won't be impulse buying this again. No sir.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/28/2004 11:16:00 PM More reviews by StrawberryKiwi114

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I haven't bought any mainly due to their samples on display at numerous drugstores. They need to improve them or something because in every store every sample has sinked and was as hard as a rock to the point nmo color came off of it! If this is how this producr will be in the future all dried out I don;t want it I want to avoid it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2004 2:05:00 PM More reviews by ViolentlySweet

I have these in Dusk, Shell, Mauve, and Spice. I like that they last and last. I find that they aren't as drying if you put a balm on first. I would buy these in more colors but I hate their displays - It's very hard to choose an accurate color from them. All in all I will repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2004 3:15:00 PM More reviews by wgrape

Ok, maybe I have an aversion to any product that requires me to twist the bottom for it to pop up. (see my review of L'Oreal's lipliner.)
But my lipstick wouldn't pop up and when it did, it broke right off it's pedestal!
The color did not stay and I just got frustrated trying to get the lipstick up out of the tubing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2004 1:57:00 PM More reviews by bestscreennameever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

A friend recommended this product to me (and her lips always look FABULOUS...I was surprised that she uses drugstore lipstick, in fact), and when I came on here and read all the bad reviews, I was disappointed. Fortunately for me, though, I decided to give it a try anyway.

I am very pale with pink undertones. I purchased this in Shell and Mauve. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THEM! THEY ARE THE BEST LIPSTICKS I HAVE EVER OWNED!! I haven't had ANY of the problems people have spoken of on here, which makes me wonder if perhaps the formula has been changed. They do not dry my lips out at all. It feels as if I'm not even wearing lipstick (which personally I like). It lasts for a VERY long time and since this isn't one of those paint-on (or liquid) long-lasting lipsticks, it wears off evenly with no flaking.

I use cetaphil gentle skin cleanser, and this (surprisingly) takes the lipstick off pretty well. It doesn't come off super easily, but it comes off more easily than the liquid kind, like Covergirl Outlast, for example.

The packaging is pretty cheap and cheesy, and the product is quite pricy for a drugstore brand, but I PRAY Revlon continues to make these.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2004 12:55:00 AM More reviews by Lippyloo

Despite the cheap, no-nonsense plastic tube, this is a unique and effective product. For me, it's much more practical and comfortable than the paint-on longwearing lipcolors. Practical, because you don't have to wait for paint to dry, and because you can just re-apply it after a meal instead of having to try to deal with paint flaking off and looking uneven. Comfortable, because it feels super-light instead of like a wrinkly spackle job. Yet ColorStay still is long-wearing and transfer-resistant. And I'm just a big fan of matte lippies, especially with having long hair and a baby to kiss. I've owned this in various shades, most currently in Poppy, a bright orangey-red. These make an excellent color base for glosses, too, because they won't bleed underneath.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2004 10:59:00 PM More reviews by jinxcat

This is the best long lasting lipcolor for me. I have it in nude and copper and love how they stay on all day. Not bad for the price. The key is to make sure you have a lip balm with you at all times or you will have dry, cakey lips. Love the nude color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2004 2:17:00 PM More reviews by ml44

I used Colorstay lipsticks when they first came out. Then, for several years I used glosses, but I honestly feel the matte look is coming around again. I think the cool sophistication of matte lips will be attractive after mega-glosses have been worn by some crass music acts for a while. I have been wearing Colorstay a lot more lately. I find that putting it over lip balm keeps the smooth look and makes the look more lip plumping. The lasting power is just about as long as without lip balm, also. I especially like to mix Chocolate (can't find it now) and Sienna for a dark look for night. I'm very pale so this is dramaticlook. It is best on me with a light neutral eye. This product has been around so long it must be great for a lot of people. Fire is a great color for the classic neutral face, red lips look.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2004 6:22:00 AM More reviews by mizzypuss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Although this is a good long-lasting lipstick and has a nice selection of colors, I have found that this lipcolor tends to be a somewhat dry on the lips, accenting lip damage and lines. It takes a few hours of wear for it to become like this though, so it's possible to get some good wear out of it. While this can be a good lipcolor, I tend to wear the same color all day long, so I hardly use the one lipstick I have in this line because of the way it dries out after a while. There's far better lipsticks with both staying power and moisture just in Revlon alone, so I don't really reccommend this product.