October 20, 2014 | 1912 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Expert Face Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 11:39:00 AM More reviews by bbarfield12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love this brush! It is my go to foundation brush. It's the perfect size and blends my liquid foundation beautifully! I love that it is dense, but not super super sense. I recently bought a new foundation from tarte and it came with a very dense and smaller width foundation brush. With my sensitive and acne prone skin I really don't like using those types of foundations brushes because they really pull and tug on my skin and cause irritation. This brush is the perfect foundation brush and the price is awesome! Very great quality for the $!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2014 3:33:00 PM More reviews by andonthatnote

SO overrated for liquid foundation. I'm not sure what the rationale was for shaping the brush the way they did, but the only use I've been able to get out of it has been for blending concealer under my eyes and around my nose. But I would never have spent that much money on a brush for something that I could do with my fingers just as well! It's too small to blend foundation well and too dense for bronzer or blush, unless you like looking like a clown. Really not sure what the uses for this brush were supposed to be but I am sure disappointed. From the way everyone on youtube raved you'd think this was some kind of holy grail product! To use it for stippling or buffing requires way more time, effort, and product than is necessary and it never looks as good as with a flat-top brush like the one Real Techniques makes (or save yourself a few bucks and get the E.L.F. Powder Brush).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 8:54:00 PM More reviews by BexieMUA

Best foundation brush! So inexpensive for the great quality of brush you're getting. Dense and soft. Best thing for liquid foundations!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 11:47:00 PM More reviews by Brooklynetallene

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Use this brush almost everyday. You get flawless coverage with this ! So cheap too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2014 6:49:00 PM More reviews by vmalenfant

Love that brush! cheap but kind of hard to find in Canada they are really similar to Sephora pro airbrush #56 brushes which a love to but cost twice as more. I gives a nice coverage, easy to buff the foundation in and just give a flawless look.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2014 1:41:00 PM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Doesn't shed, applies liquid foundation really smoothly and it's the only RT brush I love. I've not had much luck with this range but this brush is a great find. UPDATE: bought another of these and the bristles feel much looser and less dense than the first brush - it's the genuine article as I bought it from an authorised stockist so I'm not happy with the difference but it's still a good brush.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 11:54:00 AM More reviews by NinaGrimes29

I love this brush. It's so soft and multitasking. I've washed it several times and it hasn't shed at all. I love the effect it gives to skin. Packaging is also very nice, though not very travel friendly, it's quite bulky. It's very very dense, which makes it that much harder to clean it properly, but non-the-less it's amazing brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 9:45:00 AM More reviews by miffy11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this brush, bought it from iherbs.com since Real Technique brushes are not readily available in Canada. And Walmart always ran out of stock. This has changed the way I apply my makeup. It is very easy to use and makes applying, blending bb/cc cream, foundation so efficient and fun. The brush is very soft and blends out everything smoothly making your face looking nice and smooth without any harsh lines or streaks. Love love love!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2014 7:07:00 PM More reviews by AimeeHughes

I'm not really a huge fan of makeup brushes, I've had bad experiences with the bristles falling out and uneven spread etc but I have to say, this brush is AMAZING. It's firm but soft at the same time and the white tips allow you to see exactly if and when the brush needs washed. It's such a good brush for buffing both liquid and cream foundations and concealed into the skin and it really does give a flawless coverage. No more are the days when I use my oily fingers! Definitely considering purchasing the full set of these brushes. The only downside to it which happens to all brushes obviously is that it gets clogged up pretty fast and pretty bad. It took me a good 20 minutes to clean it fully and even then there was foundation still trapped in it. I had only used it once and then washed it so it wasn't as if it all built up. I had to use 3 different cleansers to make it remotely clean, but to be honest it's such a good brush I don't even care!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2014 5:57:00 PM More reviews by TurtleMoon

After all the rave reviews for this brush, I was finally convinced to try it and am actually quite glad I did. I don't use a brush to apply my liquid foundation as I find for me it never gives a good finish, so I tend to use this for applying highlighting powder to my cheekbones etc. It's really good for this as the head of the brush is small and compact, and because the bristles are soft you can get quite close to the more sensitive eye area without causing any irritation. I tend to wash this every week as I use it every day and so far it's not shed any hairs, and the bristles haven't become weak or scratchy either.

The only downside to this brush and others in the range is the price. Why oh why oh why, for a brand that was developed by a UK based makeup artist are they so much more expensive here than in the States?! It just doesn't make sense to me! I paid 9.00GBP for this and know for a fact that I could have got it for 9.00USD in somewhere like Ulta. It annoys me that a lot of the large cosmetic companies (and even the smaller ones to be honest) just seem to change the currency without taking a blind bit of notice of the exchange rate! So a brush that would cost the equivalent of about 6.00GBP in the States ends up costing me 3 pounds more than that just because I have no other option but to purchase it in my own country. This is the sole reason I've given it 4/5 lippies - if they sorted out the pricing I would have given it 5/5.