Lancome Artliner (All colors)

4.3

on 9/2/2012 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Not only do I LOVE this liner for myself, it's my absolute favorite to use on my clients! It's so easy and precise to make clean winged out liner. Great pigmentation on ALL colors. Beautiful!

on 8/22/2012 4:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a great liquid liner with an intense black color and a flexible applicator that makes it really easy to line your eyes (though the lack of a harder tip does mean winging takes a bit more expertise). I know some people have mentioned flaking but I can't say I've ever experienced it. My only issue with this liner is the fact that it's not waterproof. Don't get me wrong -- as long as you don't rub your eyeliner or cry, this truly does last all day. Another thing to think about is the price. I know it's expensive, but Stila (their liquid liner is another great one that people are always recommending) comes with 0.016 oz for $20 whereas Lancome is something like 0.047 oz for $30.

on 8/17/2012 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I can't imagine what took me so long to try this product in 30 years of wearing liquid eyeliner! The search has ended, this is THE best...

Pros:
The brush is perfection: firm enough to apply product precisely yet soft enough not to tug at delicate skin.

The brush is very thin which means there is more control.

Once dry, product does not smear, smudge, sting, or flake off.

Long wearing, yet easy to remove with mild cleanser.

Many shades to choose from.

No noticeable scent.

Cons:
ONE: The price....

....but as long as Lancome doesn't mess with perfection, we girls will continue buying a good thing :)

on 8/14/2012 2:13:00 PM

Okay, until I tried Lancome Artliner I always thought eyeliner just didn't suit me. Now I know that is because all the other eyeliners I've tried are impossible to apply and because eyeliner has to be applied VERY straight and clean to look nice. The pencil of this eyeliner makes that so easy! I had a straight non-smudgy line with my first try. So happy with this! It's a bit pricey though, but I think that if a product is really amazing, I want to pay a higher price.

on 8/13/2012 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

My HG eyeliner, I have tried many highly raved ones & only artliner wins all bases, the felt tip adsorb just enough liquid, so easy to control that even beginners doesn't require much practice, formula is solid black & no glossy finish. I used to be satisfied with the cheaper dupe L'oreal lineur intense but it's formula quality has been watered down so much, Bobbi Brown gel liner has beautiful finish but constantly requires a cleaned brush, love DollyWink's super sharp tip but it's only good for the wing section of my eye line, overall artliner is the most flexible & easy to use.

on 7/26/2012 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I admit I think gel liners are superior in their staying power, but they are such a hassel to apply, you have to always make sure the brush doesn't have too much or too little. Plus they dry out! That's why I think the Artliner is so cool, it's soo easy to apply and they staying power is good.

This eyeliner is amazing! I have it in black and this is definitely one of my go-to everyday products! It's felt tip makes it very easy to apply and the colour is rich. I have also tried it in Blueberry, which is a beautiful royal blue, but I prefer the black one for my daily look. I have been using this eyeliner for about two years now, and never once has it smudged like other eyeliners I've tried tend to do. Great product!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Lancome products are usually quite expensive, but they're worth it. I especially love their Artliners! Great colour pay off, and the long handle on the liner and the small tip makes it great for lining the inner corner of your eyes! The liner lasts a long time, but smudges really easily if you go for a swim, so if you're taking a swim, use a different eyeliner!

on 6/11/2012 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

With slightly hooded eyes & very oily eyelids this stayed on my very well with no flaking and hardly any smudging. I love the applicator because it is flexible & easy to create a sharp wing. The eyeliner itself isn't goopy like the milani liquid eyeliner but instead glides on very smoothly and sets quickly and stays all day. The only thing is that it is a bit expensive but it is definitely worth it.

on 5/27/2012 5:59:00 PM

Thank you all so much for your reviews! I bought this after reading them.
This liquid eyeliner is the best one I've ever used, def HG for me.
The colour is really black and not shiny, it goes on really smoothly, lasts all day (and I have oily lids), doesn't flake, is easy to apply and comes off quickly with normal eye makeup remover. It has a weird thin spongy applicator but it works well.
It's expensive but worth it in my opinion. Love it so much! My hubby was commenting on how lovely my eyes looked.