April 24, 2014 | 1919 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Lustre - Retrospeck

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2010 11:26:00 AM More reviews by olympialetantoli

Retrospeck is a Luster, which means lots of yummy flecks of gold/glitter. Really nice layered on top of other shadows, you can use it as a highlighter. I'd classify it as a bare champagne colour, some fall out but the colour is light so its not something that bothers me. I've seen MA use it as a highlighter on cheeks and it looks great. I prefer it to Honey Lust and Honesty. Try it, it goes with almost everything if you want some shimmer on your lids.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2010 11:01:00 AM More reviews by RhinestoneBeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I actually love this shadow, I wear it almost daily!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2010 11:28:00 PM More reviews by hurdles2003

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wonderful! It's very sheer, so if you're looking for a more opaque color - don't get this one. But it's got great shimmer and a slight gold tint. I really like it on the lid with Satin Taupe in the crease and Nylon as a highlight. A definite staple in my collection!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2010 9:01:00 AM More reviews by Yddib

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this eyeshadow. The colour really brings out my eyes (strange green/blue/grey!). It's lovely with a brown shadow in the crease like Tempting or on its own with a black eye liner. I didn't think it was anything special when I got it first but people kept asking me what eyeshadow I was wearing and admiring it. I also find it works better with a base like Bei-ging shadestick because of it's lustre texture.

UPDATE!! Woops! I'm sure this works perfectly with Tempting but it turns out the brown I used was Sable! Gorgeous!

It's also worth giving it a shot with Idol Eyes. Sounds a bit strange but Retrospeck brings out the goldish flecks in it. 2 lustres as well so they work well! It's nice for something different.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2010 1:34:00 PM More reviews by picklemesoftly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this eye shadow but couldnít bring myself to even like it. Retrospeck was the reason I started shying away from lustre eye shadows. Itís quite sheer, crumbly and messy, does not stay put. The color is OK, on my fair skin it looks like a yellowish gold.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2010 1:24:00 PM More reviews by cocolover123456

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

totally love this! it was the first mac eyeshadow i bought and its great as a lid color with a color like sable in the crease and some black eyeliner! i would buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2010 6:29:00 PM More reviews by Macupaholic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Described as Beached blonde (Lustre) but I would say it's a nice highlighter with some reflex in it.

I wouldn't buy this color again but I crumbled on the hype and purchased it. I've used it 2 times as a highlighter and have since given up.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2010 4:43:00 PM More reviews by queenmarie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a beautiful shadow. I just got it about a month ago and have since worn it as a wash about 3 times. I apply it heavily, using my Sigma SS239 (a Mac dupe) brush. This brush, I've found, really helps in minimizing fallout. I'm not sure why but it does. (I am really liking the Sigma eye brushes I bought!) Retrospeck is a kind of dirty yellow/goldenrod color but it can definitely be considered on the neutral side, imo. It looks SO pretty as a wash, with black liner, and a dusting of BE Original Gossamer over it all. I dust Gossamer over ALL my shadow looks, whether it's matte or shimmery. For some reason, to me, the Gossamer just gives everything a beautiful pulled together look that I just love. It doesn't change the color of any shadow at all, but just gives a fairydusted look to it. It made my Retrospeck look today fabulous !!! Would definitely purchase again. Update--I wore this again today as a wash but today I added a layer of Blonde's Gold pigment over it and that just made it even more gorgeous ! Beautiful color !

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2010 8:08:00 PM More reviews by shaecode

really pretty and versitile. can be used as a highlight, on the lid or as an all over wash. i don't have problems with fall out like others have mentioned. loveee it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2010 4:15:00 PM More reviews by jessssxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Retrospeck has got to be one of my absolute FAVOURITE eyeshadow shades ever.
I do agree with most people, that the fallout can be a pain, but the colour itself, the pigmentation and the blendability of this product are well worth the fall out :)
Perfect champagne highlight colour on my NW25 skin!