MAC Lustre - Retrospeck

4.2

on 3/18/2010 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I LOVE this eyeshadow, it's one of my faves--I pair it with Romp all the time. It's a little sparkly but understated and I think goes well with a lot of colors.

on 3/12/2010 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I absolutely love this eyeshadow. I use it practically everyday over my Bare Study paint pot and it's a perfect shimmery (slightly sparkly, minimal fall out) base color that goes with just about every other eyeshadow I've paired it with. When I first purchased it I was afraid it was going to have a lot of glitter fall out because it honestly looks like it would but I haven't had an issue with it at all. Will definitely be buying again when I inevitably hit pan.

on 3/5/2010 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I like this shadow as an all over lid color. I have pale skin so this definitely shows up on my skin. There is a bit of fall out but it's not that bad with a 239 brush when I pat the color on my eyelid. I always wear a primer so the shadows have something to stick to.

Retrospeck is how I wanted UD's Midnight Cowboy to look.

Retrospeck is a Luster, which means lots of yummy flecks of gold/glitter. Really nice layered on top of other shadows, you can use it as a highlighter. I'd classify it as a bare champagne colour, some fall out but the colour is light so its not something that bothers me. I've seen MA use it as a highlighter on cheeks and it looks great. I prefer it to Honey Lust and Honesty. Try it, it goes with almost everything if you want some shimmer on your lids.

I actually love this shadow, I wear it almost daily!

on 2/21/2010 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

Wonderful! It's very sheer, so if you're looking for a more opaque color - don't get this one. But it's got great shimmer and a slight gold tint. I really like it on the lid with Satin Taupe in the crease and Nylon as a highlight. A definite staple in my collection!

on 2/16/2010 9:01:00 AM

I really like this eyeshadow. The colour really brings out my eyes (strange green/blue/grey!). It's lovely with a brown shadow in the crease like Tempting or on its own with a black eye liner. I didn't think it was anything special when I got it first but people kept asking me what eyeshadow I was wearing and admiring it. I also find it works better with a base like Bei-ging shadestick because of it's lustre texture.

UPDATE!! Woops! I'm sure this works perfectly with Tempting but it turns out the brown I used was Sable! Gorgeous!

It's also worth giving it a shot with Idol Eyes. Sounds a bit strange but Retrospeck brings out the goldish flecks in it. 2 lustres as well so they work well! It's nice for something different.

I wanted to love this eye shadow but couldnít bring myself to even like it. Retrospeck was the reason I started shying away from lustre eye shadows. Itís quite sheer, crumbly and messy, does not stay put. The color is OK, on my fair skin it looks like a yellowish gold.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

totally love this! it was the first mac eyeshadow i bought and its great as a lid color with a color like sable in the crease and some black eyeliner! i would buy again.

on 1/22/2010 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Described as Beached blonde (Lustre) but I would say it's a nice highlighter with some reflex in it.

I wouldn't buy this color again but I crumbled on the hype and purchased it. I've used it 2 times as a highlighter and have since given up.