April 24, 2014 | 1874 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Professional Waterproof Mascara

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2009 7:25:00 PM More reviews by bunnybee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm really surprised that this mascara wasn't rated higher! I was on the search for another mascara, since CG seems to be phasing out my beloved WP Multiplying. :( This one, however, works almost as well at defining and lenthening. It does a pretty good job of thickening, too, without weighing lashes down or getting too clumpy. I've tried all sorts of HE and LE mascaras, and I usually love the rubber-bristled mascara brushes, but I've found that the CG and Maybelline mascaras that have these tend to ball the mascara at the end of the lashes. They need to take a tip from Rimmel when it comes to those brushes. CG also needs not phase everything out besides their Lash Blasts! I'll probably keep repurchasing this inexpensive treasure untill it gets d/c too.

EDIT: I'm bumping this up to a 5. I keep reaching for it daily, and even when I feel like trying a new mascara, I always come back to this one and am consistently reimpressed. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2009 7:44:00 PM More reviews by lanlajolie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

For some reason, I find myself repurchasing this mascara. It seems to work wonders for me, and I might be in denial, but this might just be my holy grail mascara.

It thickens my lashes, doesn't smudge or flake at all, holds a curl all day, lengthens my lashes, doesn't irritate my eyes, and makes my eyes just look dramatic and gorgeous.

I emphasize my eyes more than anything else on my face, so a good mascara to open up my asian eyes is the main concern. This really does pull through for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2009 11:15:00 AM More reviews by sweethartz

I have tried many drug store mascaras. I find myself coming back to this one and Fantastic Lash. These two i love alot!! i have been using them both for many years now. i use 2 coats of mascaras. first coat of fantastic Lash, and second coat from Professional. I like the bristles, they are small and not too soft, so it separates my lashes. Will definitely keep buying.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2009 3:47:00 PM More reviews by Virgo03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

There are 3 things I really like about this mascara: The first is how SMOOTHLY and evenly it goes on. The second (which was a surprise), it that it actually CURLS my lashes! They don't even advertise that as one of the features, but this does a better job of curling than Maybelline's Sky High Curves, which is supposed to curl. The third thing I like is how long-lasting it is. If I don't bother cleaning it off at night it will last through day TWO for me. There's something really natural-looking about the way it wears off. I don't get flakes or patches. It just gradually gets lighter.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2009 11:38:00 AM More reviews by darkopacity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a rather basic and natural looking mascara. I get a lot more length than volume out of it and it holds my curled lashes in place. It's really goopy if you don't scrape off the excess product on the brush with the side of the tube opening. Once you take off the goopyness it glides on pretty smoothly on the lashes. I have really thin lashes so this is pretty average mascara that takes a few coats to see the affect. But it didn't clump up like crazy and it darkened my lashes pretty well. So if you want to go try it out it's the blue slim tube with a black strip as opposed to the silver strip that cover girl washable mascaras have.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2009 2:07:00 AM More reviews by shimmerlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

loooove this mascara for everyday. i have very short, thin lashes and this mascara adds so much length. i have to make sure and curl my lashes a few times, but after that the mascara does all the work. the formula was truly waterproof for me. it didn't flake & by the end of the day the application still looked as it did in the morning. it didn't give me too much volume, but i'll still repurchase.
EDIT: tried this in the curved brush, WACK! the straight brush is sooo much better. still HG. even if i find another mascara that works for me, this is a mascara that will always be close to my heart bc it's the first one that has held a curl for me and works consistently!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2009 9:28:00 AM More reviews by Lily95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this, with only one coat, its perfect for school. Great natural volume, length and no clumps!! With just a few more coats, its perfect for when i go out!! And still no clumps!!! This is my HG mascara!! I dont think i will try anything else!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2009 3:29:00 AM More reviews by theymightbejenny

Terrible mascara. This was the first one I ever used, and I thought it was great. Well, I didn't know any better. The next one I bought was Great Lash and WHOA, my lashes were HUGE!

So yeah, it did absolutely nothing for my lashes, which are actually pretty long and thick. That says something.

I'd definitely buy a different mascara. There are way better ones out there for just as cheap or even cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2009 8:03:00 PM More reviews by avrilrocks1392

Great waterproof mascara, but it can get clumpy. I usually comb it through with a lash comb, and it makes this look natural. Stays put and doesn't smudge. I like this for swimming or rainy days, but it doesn't wash off very well without oil to use everyday. I like this, but I prefer the Remarkable Washable Waterproof by Cover Girl.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2009 7:24:00 PM More reviews by theunknownforce

This is actually a pretty decent mascara. I got it on sale from Superstore for $4.50, it holds my curl, lengthens and thickens, and doesn't clump unless I use the side of the brush with short bristles. It is a teensy bit smudgey if I accidentally rub my eyes, but it was under $5 so I don't expect it to be perfect. Will purchase again.