Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals in 1.2, fairly light

3.5

Lauroyl Lysine, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Soil Minerals, Silica, Mica, Calcium Silicate (+/-): Zinc Oxide (CI77947), Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I really wanted to try Bare Minerals ever since I started looking up reviews on the product a few months ago. After weeks of reading about it, I decided to buy the foundation. I went to Macy's and picked out a color and decided to get the Full Flawless Face Brush too. The total came to almost 60 dollars and I started getting really upset that I had just spent that much money on a foundation and makeup brush. I returned both items minutes later and figured if I was going to spend that much money I might as well buy the Starter Kit for 60 dollars. The product claimed to cover acne, redness and rosacea, which it only did after I caked it on for about 10 minutes. This foundation also made my skin unbelievably oily. Considering I do have oily skin I probably should have gotten the matte formula. The reason I didn't was because I heard a lot of people saying it wasn't as good, and that I was better off buying the original formula anyway. I won't be purchasing the matte version because I know there are much better mineral foundations at the drug store that will offer coverage. Needless to say, I was actually pleased with a couple of the brushes and brush shampoo that came with the kit, although the Mineral Veil did virtually nothing. This foundation may work for you if you have normal to dry skin with no blemishes or redness. But then again, if I had skin like that I wouldn't even wear foundation, never mind one that is 26 dollars.

on 9/2/2011 1:25:00 AM

PROS:
-Matches your skin PERFECTLY. It does exactly what the infomercials claim.
-It's foolproof. You can really apply it with a blindfold on and you'll still look flawless.
-Looks great in photographs.
CONS:
-Pricey. Only the foundation cost about $26 and the starter kid was nearly $70. Both only lasted about 3 months each.
-Fells itchy. I have near-perfect skin and my makeup routine generally consists of a layer of moisturizer and then foundation. The foundation also had bismuth oxychloride, which is commonly known to irritate a lot of people's skin. That means that this "lightweight" mineral foundation had enough chemicals to penetrate through a pretty thick layer of moisturizer.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend this product to people with sensitive skin.

on 9/1/2011 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This has pretty much everything I want in a foundation, although I wish it had better oil control, it still has spf, very easy to apply, natural finish, and the color matches me perfectly. I've never had a foundation match perfect even though I have so many but this one isn't noticeable at all. I'm around nc15 with warm undertones and I wear fair c10. I use this with flat top kabuki brush from Sonia Kashuk and it looks so natural, and still covers everything I need covered. I will say that this can show dryness on my face especially since you really have to buff it in, so just make sure to exfoliate and moisturize. Like I said I wish it held up to my oiliness a little bit better (lasts about 4-5 hours shine free) but it really is a great foundation overall.

UPDATE: This stuff became very itchy and irritating whenever I got a little warm and it also broke me out. I sadly returned it :(

on 8/10/2011 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

when i first bought this product i really liked it. it gave me good coverage and lasted all day. but over time i started to notice that this product was feeling heavy and was making my acne prone skin breakout. i was also shiny by the end of the day. when i told my facialist i was using this product she insisted i throw it away because it clogs pores. instead she suggested a oil free light foundation. after i made the swich my acne got alot better. but i still use the bare minerals warmth and translucent powder because they work great and look really natural. i would recomend this if you have non acne prone skin and you need average coverage then this product works great. but make sure you use an illuminator or moisterizer because this product can make your skin cakey.

on 8/9/2011 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this stuff! I've been buying it for years and the only complaint I have is that my skin ends to get shiny/oily by the end of the day. Maybe I'll switch to the matte foundation and see if that helps. Still, would definitely recommend to any of my friends!

on 7/24/2011 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Although I did like the coverage and how easy it was to top up this foundation it did not react well on my skin and left it feeling dry and irrated. I do use a lot of foundation and expected this product to feel great but unfortunately it felt the opposite, not the 'makeup so pure you can sleep in' to which the site claims. Although i did not like the product I am giving it 3 lips as I feel it was my skin that was the problem rather than the actual product!

on 7/22/2011 12:41:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

amazing product!! i havnt had a spot in 2 years since getting this product, and im in my early teens. if your skin is spot prone its an excellent foundation as you can cleanse your skin and dont have to worry about your makeup making you break out as theres no chemicals in it to disturb your pores. it doesnt feel like your wearing makeup and it doesnt look like it either. its a powder foundation that blends in easily and having fair skin i wanted to show it instead of trying to look darker as i did a few years ago and just looked ridiculous. it looks natural and smooth, an amazing buy :)

on 7/15/2011 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I LOVE this foundation!! I have acne scarring from when I was a teenager and mild hormonal acne now and this does a brilliant job of covering that up while still looking natural. I use the original rather than the matte version even though I have oily skin and I cant fault it. My only complaint before would have been the messiness of the packaging but now thats fixed im a happy camper ^_^

on 7/13/2011 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Reviewing Foundation, “Fairly Light” in Matte finish.

For years, I never liked this foundation, because the women who used it always looked like they’d smeared their faces in colored chalk. But then, I’d never tried it.

I was won over by an initial application by one of the BE staff, and by the sample I took home. Lesson: you don’t have to use a lot of product. In fact, the makeup artist sprinkled out a very small amount and stated “this is for your entire face. Watch.” Well, I did watch. And then I did the same to myself at home, and was surprised to get similar results. My skin looked flawless. And not powdery. When the sample ran out I had to go back for more.

Packaging - I do think it’s messy. If you only use a small amount, though, there are way less “splatters.” I asked WHY can’t they make a pressed powder and was told that binders are “impure” and their makeup is “totally pure.” (Eyeroll.)

They swear you have to use their brushes. I used my own small kabuki brush and application was still very good. I use the circular motion during application that they recommend. Overall, a great product with inconvenient packaging and a lot of hype.

on 7/9/2011 6:55:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

After having finished my drugstore powder I decided to turn to my friends for advice. A number of them recommended the BE original minerals formula. After reading reviews I decided to give it a go.
Went to a department store and explaind to the sales assistant my skin problem. My skin has a mind of its own! It's combination oily(with dryness) as well as being prone to blemishes. That makes finding a foundation difficult! I also look for a more dewey finish rather than a chalky matte. I was given the original formula. Havi g read about the bismuth oxychloride I asked the sales assistant about it. She was quite honest in saying that it might feel a bit itchy when sweating etc but that it would quickly go away. She was right! However my blusher (NARS), bronzer (MAC) and liquid foundation (Lancome Teint Miracle) all have bismuth oxychloride and my skin didn't go crazy. So fingers crossed!
After buying the kit I already had it on my face after trying it out. It DID feel a but weird when I was a bit flushed from running for the bus but that feeling quickly went away.
Here's hoping that my skin accepts this powder because I like the coverage.