December 20, 2014 | 985 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals in 1.2, fairly light

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2011 12:41:00 PM More reviews by nicolemcnally

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

amazing product!! i havnt had a spot in 2 years since getting this product, and im in my early teens. if your skin is spot prone its an excellent foundation as you can cleanse your skin and dont have to worry about your makeup making you break out as theres no chemicals in it to disturb your pores. it doesnt feel like your wearing makeup and it doesnt look like it either. its a powder foundation that blends in easily and having fair skin i wanted to show it instead of trying to look darker as i did a few years ago and just looked ridiculous. it looks natural and smooth, an amazing buy :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2011 6:56:00 PM More reviews by peefs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this foundation!! I have acne scarring from when I was a teenager and mild hormonal acne now and this does a brilliant job of covering that up while still looking natural. I use the original rather than the matte version even though I have oily skin and I cant fault it. My only complaint before would have been the messiness of the packaging but now thats fixed im a happy camper ^_^

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2011 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Stefanie98

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Reviewing Foundation, “Fairly Light” in Matte finish.

For years, I never liked this foundation, because the women who used it always looked like they’d smeared their faces in colored chalk. But then, I’d never tried it.

I was won over by an initial application by one of the BE staff, and by the sample I took home. Lesson: you don’t have to use a lot of product. In fact, the makeup artist sprinkled out a very small amount and stated “this is for your entire face. Watch.” Well, I did watch. And then I did the same to myself at home, and was surprised to get similar results. My skin looked flawless. And not powdery. When the sample ran out I had to go back for more.

Packaging - I do think it’s messy. If you only use a small amount, though, there are way less “splatters.” I asked WHY can’t they make a pressed powder and was told that binders are “impure” and their makeup is “totally pure.” (Eyeroll.)

They swear you have to use their brushes. I used my own small kabuki brush and application was still very good. I use the circular motion during application that they recommend. Overall, a great product with inconvenient packaging and a lot of hype.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2011 6:55:00 PM More reviews by llcamilla

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

After having finished my drugstore powder I decided to turn to my friends for advice. A number of them recommended the BE original minerals formula. After reading reviews I decided to give it a go.
Went to a department store and explaind to the sales assistant my skin problem. My skin has a mind of its own! It's combination oily(with dryness) as well as being prone to blemishes. That makes finding a foundation difficult! I also look for a more dewey finish rather than a chalky matte. I was given the original formula. Havi g read about the bismuth oxychloride I asked the sales assistant about it. She was quite honest in saying that it might feel a bit itchy when sweating etc but that it would quickly go away. She was right! However my blusher (NARS), bronzer (MAC) and liquid foundation (Lancome Teint Miracle) all have bismuth oxychloride and my skin didn't go crazy. So fingers crossed!
After buying the kit I already had it on my face after trying it out. It DID feel a but weird when I was a bit flushed from running for the bus but that feeling quickly went away.
Here's hoping that my skin accepts this powder because I like the coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2011 1:06:00 AM More reviews by VogueGrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used BE from the time it came out, so I used it for many years. They had to have changed the formula at some point or something because for a while it was HG status and I got compliments on my skin with this on all the time. You couldn't even tell I was wearing makeup. It always made my skin look flawless. Then at some point I realized how subpar of a product it was. The staying powder is awful. It emphasizes pores, and has this unattractive, fake, shiny finish to it. It's just an overall crappy product. I actually have skin that's on the drier side and my skin got really oily with this on for some reason. I never had that problem with any other foundation because I don't have oily skin! I have tried mineral makeup from so many different brand and Alima is by far the best I have tried so I use that now. Like I said, they had to have changed the formula or something because it's strange how that happened with my experience of BE.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2011 4:49:00 PM More reviews by heatherpaige

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this product as a spot concealer and it works VERY well for this purpose. I don't care for it as an all-over foundation as I find that I need too much product to achieve the coverage I like. It is excellent as a concealer though! It is the PERFECT color for my skin-tone. I will buy this product again. (Love the concealer brush that comes with the Bare Escentuals starter kit. Works great!) Not a fan of the packaging as it can be messy, but that's the nature of mineral make-up and I'm not sure how that can be improved upon.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2011 1:53:00 AM More reviews by clarabeau

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was just dreadful on me when I tried it. While it does have good coverage and tends to have really good staying power, it also flaked on the skin around my nose and it severely irritated my skin! It seemed okay at first and then gradually after wearing it for a couple weeks I noticed my skin getting tighter and drier and breaking out in small inflamed pimples all over, but mostly around my nose and cheeks. Yikes! I stopped using it and my skin cleared almost immediately, it was very striking. I'm sure it was the bismuth oxychloride and now I avoid that like the plague.

Although I will add that my sister uses it and it seems to have improved her skin, and her complexion always looks flawless. I actually commented to her recently about how beautiful her skin was looking and she told me it was because of this! Go figure.

So, in summary, I would suggest trying it if you have skin that isn't too dry (because this seems drying) or very sensitive, and be careful about the bismuth. In fact, I would suggest trying a sample (if you can- Sephora is usually generous with samples so you could probably ask for one there) and seeing how you react to it after a week or so. If you do develop irritation at some point, maybe stop using it for a time to see if its this.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2011 11:47:00 AM More reviews by sophie93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

after reading so much about bare minerals i decided i would go to the shop and try it...i really wish i didnt!i normally have combination to oily skin, this instantly dired my skin out and left me with dry flaking skin all around my face!couldnt of been more disappointed!i also find the shade range awful!not one matched my skin tone,they all looked to orangey!im normally nw15/nw20 and tried shade fairly light,i found it also it also made all my pores look bigger and made my face itch like crazy.alot of people say its because it contains bismuth oxychloride but many make up products contain this and i have never experienced this before. over all im very disappointed with this product!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2011 4:44:00 PM More reviews by iheartmakeup12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Covers acne well and the finish of this product is beautiful.This is your concealer and foundation in one, which is awesome. The reason I don't repurchase this is because it gave me cystic acne. It is so messy and a pain to travel with.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2011 2:03:00 PM More reviews by BlairH

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I REALLY like this product!!! I have the matte formula, I have fairly clear skin but I have a lot of acne scarring from when I was younger along my cheeks especially. This product does a really nice job of covering it! The case is very clever because it locks up so you don't have to worry about a lot of product falling out when you take it somewhere. However the price is steep considering the small amount you get, but it is an excellent product.