July 30, 2014 | 1769 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Stay Matte Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2012 12:54:00 AM More reviews by PollyWafflez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am so relieved! I never wear makeup because it either looks too obvious or feels really dry. I have acne scarring, big pores, rosacea and my skin looks thick because of it. I only want a foundation that gives light, natural looking coverage to make my skin look 1 tone instead of red and patchy. This does it so well. Man I'm so happy!! Great for low maintenence, "I hate applying makeup" chicks. :-D

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2012 7:32:00 PM More reviews by cindygl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

this is now my current foundation and I've been using it for about 4/5 months now.. I'm happy with it. it lasts pretty long with powder, after a full day with probably only one touch up and a blotting it with oil sheets twice I'll come home to a dewy face (I have combination/oily skin) which isn't too bad. I would purchase it again unless I find something better. also it's in the cheaper range of all foundations in the store so thats something I'm happy about :)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2012 2:45:00 AM More reviews by kareneap

The hot Australian summer has meant that I've needed to switch to a more matte foundation because of the extra my oil my skin has been producing. My normal foundation is Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum foundation (which I LOVE) but I do end the day looking dishevelled and greasy.

The first thing I really like about Stay Matte is the fact that it does not have a fragrance. The consistency is quite runny and it's easy to get lighter coverage (which is my preference) but is definitely buildable.

I would recommend this for people with combination-dry skin who prefer a light-medium coverage day-to-day on a warm day. I don't think I would want to use this in winter.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2012 5:29:00 PM More reviews by Straussie88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

When I first brought this foundation, I thought it would keep my oily skin under control, but that wasn't the case.

When I applied it, it didn't look too bad. Although the finish was a little on the cakey side, which I got over by just applying a light dusting of powder ontop.

About 2 hours into my day, my skin started to get oily as it normally would, and the look of the foundation ontop looked like a film of shiney colour over my skin and it looked terrible.

The consistency wasn't bad, but the look and wearing time of it was just rediculous. So as a result, I now have the bottle in my make-up draw, as I hate throwing away things I've spent money on. I'll props use it again for short outings, but once its gone, that'll be it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2012 12:51:00 AM More reviews by emilyamour

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

light coverage, broke me out, DEWY finish, not matte. wouldn't recommend.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2011 9:39:00 PM More reviews by wai260896

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

DOES NOT WORK. Makes me more oily.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2011 7:19:00 PM More reviews by xLilyx

(http://www.rimmellondon.com/uk/products/stay-matte-foundation/)

THANK GOD for this foundation. It is not perfect, but is the only foundation I have ever tried that actually works for me!! And I have tried literally hundreds!

I apply this with my fingers. Coverage I would say is light-medium. The website description states 'Full coverage that hides imperfections' - not true at all. It will not cover or blend out any imperfections such as all the acne scars that I have, no matter how much of the product you build up, it kinda just dissapears and looks the same. Therefore I use concealer (Rimmel Hide the Blemish) on places that need concealing.

This foundation states 'up to 12 hours shine control' - definitely not. I have combination/oily skin and once I apply this it does not even look matte to start off with :S
Anyways, I don't believe any foundation can control shine alone, and should always be set with a powder. I set this foundation with MAC Blot Powder and only really have to touch up once a day (if I can be bothered that is). By the end of the day I am still happy with what my skin looks like with this foundation.

The look of this foundation is very natural! Which I LOVE! Plus this must be the ONLY foundation that I have ever owned/tried that actually matches my skin colour perfectly!!!!! I use the 'Soft Beige' shade which is perfect for my yellow undertones - a 'drugstore' foundation that does not make me look pink at all :D very happy. PLUS it looks great in photos - most foundations I have tried make my face look geisha white in flash photos, not a good look!! This Stay Matte foundation looks VERY natural in flash photography - like real skin, not a mask or a plastic barbie finish. Also I find when sleeping with this on after a night out (haha), I don't even wake up with a nasty patchy face - it looks fine even when randomly rubbed off during the night :P

Overall, very happy with this product. Love the packaging, great price, and is fragrance free! Not quite 5 lippies as it could be better, but I am sick of wasting money on new foundations therefore I have and will be sticking to this foundation for a long long time!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/30/2011 7:04:00 AM More reviews by daniellealexandra

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this because it said "Stay Matte", hoping it would stay and give a matte finish but it didn't.
It gave quite a dewy finish and was a bit light on my skin.
It didn't have "12 Hours Natural Shine Control", but it has got cucumber, chamomile and cotton in it which I guess is cooling and helps with blemishes.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2011 10:21:00 PM More reviews by red3186

Omg I love this foundation.. It's everything that I love about revlon colorstay without the stuff I hate about CS. It's not as thick as CS but has beautiful medium coverage that is buildable to full. It has a natural matte finish.. When I want to top this off, I dust a light veil of maybelline's matte powder and I'm matte for at least 6 hrs without blotting. For reference I have combination skin and I have 200 soft beige, normally nc20-25 in MAC foundations and I've tried it all from CHanel, MAC, Giorgio Armani.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/23/2011 11:55:00 PM More reviews by laura101

I was looking for a matte foundation got this on sale and tried it because it was cheap (which it looks like alot of people did). Overall I don't mind this foundation, I mean its nothing great but for me the colour is ok, it spreads and covers quite well and I like the fact it's talc free (I'm not going to kid myself that it is good for my skin because lets face it foundation never is... no pun intended). I don't know how Rimmel can justify that this is a matte foundation. Worn by itself it's quite dewy and it takes quite a bit of powder to look matte. I think thats what I find most frustrating about this foundation. Other than that, its ok for the AUS $15 I paid for it.