November 21, 2014 | 1640 users online

Liquid - Lancome - Teint Idole Ultra 24h

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2014 12:03:00 AM More reviews by 3110hello

Right now, this is my primary foundation. I do mix it with a bit of some other foundations, however, I find that this lasts all day and if deftly applied, does not look too heavy. I also like Nars' Sheer Glow and may switch back to it once done with this, but for now I am quite happy finishing this. I apply it with a Sigma F80 or the beauty blender to achieve a nice finish. This foundation will last a full 8-10 hours with no touch up.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2014 1:23:00 PM More reviews by KatelynRae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

The reviews on the product looked pretty promising, however it didn't work for my skin unfortunately. I was matched to the lightest pink shade and while it looked fine in the lighting of the store, in natural light you could tell it was too dark. I also turned it slightly orange (even with primer). Not a ghastly orange by any means, but again, noticeable in natural light. I found it highlighted the pores on my nose, (I used a beauty blender - so maybe that wouldn't have happened with a brush?) however if the color had of matched I would have kept this foundation for the staying power! I have combination/oilier skin and by the end of the day my foundation didn't need touch ups and wasn't sliding off my face anywhere. The coverage was medium to full, but I found I still needed to use a concealer for acne scars and pimples. I also found it was fairly transfer resistant compared to some others. This might possibly work better in the summer months when I am not a ghost, but for now - back to the store it goes.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2014 3:37:00 PM More reviews by rhcpisse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I made big mistake buying this foundation. It isn`t cheap, and the price is justified only by its packaging and smell. All of the other qualities i`m looking for in a foundation aren`t there. First of all, it isn`t matt, it doesn`t last as nearly as Lancome claims, and although the shade seemed right for me (02) in the shop, in daylight it comes as orange-ish. Plus, it broke me out. Really dissapointed.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2014 10:40:00 PM More reviews by Ejk28

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation hoping it would become my HG but unfortunately I'm still on the hunt . Don't get me wrong I think its by far one of the best I've used, but it just fell short of making me want to throw out all my other foundations and just worship this one! The coverage really is more medium than full and I find that it dries far to quickly for me to build up to a natural looking full coverage. Also it does oxidise within the first 10 minutes so you MUST test the shade before you buy (also go outside and look in a compact mirror, don't just stand in the department store and wait)! All that being said, I love the packaging, it really is long wearing (even on my oily skin in the Australian humidity) and it does give a nice finish. While its not a WOW HG foundation for me, it is a lovely one that I will probably keep coming back to.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2014 7:46:00 PM More reviews by Jlouise123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Expensive, colour awful, finish awful, sucked all the hydration about of my skin and gathered in all my dry places and shined in others! Did not last 24hours maybe 5 at a big push, weird ashy colour to the skin, almost grey looking I think there is much better products out there

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2013 3:11:00 PM More reviews by Cuteiswhatiaimfor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation is a total gift! Anyone who hasn't got it needs it!! Absolutely gorgeous finish! Medium to full coverage which is buildable! Lasts the whole day without caking! The finish looks natural and skin looks smooth! Not totally caked like MAC studio fix which I've worn in the past. The bottle is beautiful frosted glass! Has a pump!!! Thank god! Only slight con is the lid is transparent and I don't like seeing the makeup on my pump when it's in my make-up bag so I'm forever cleaning the head of the pump! The foundation itself isn't too thick or thin and is a lovely consistency and texture. Easily blended, though some people on here don't agree. I use a flat foundation brush to apply the product evenly over my face and then gently go over it all with a buffing brush to give it a more flawless appearance! I use the shade 01 which is a great match for my skin! I don't break out ever so I couldn't say whether it will or won't do that to your skin! Price wise it is at the higher end of the premium foundations but it is quality and I'm hoping it lasts at least 6 months! If your looking to move away from DW or studio fix this is a fab foundation with a beautiful finish and I can't fault it! I have dry skin so I can't really comment on oil control/mattifying affects! I use MAC skin finish natural to set it and the foundation stays put all day! Whether this is the case for oilier skin types I don't know! But I do recommend using the skin finish to set it! Looks fantastic!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 9:41:00 PM More reviews by stephiesaprincess

Love love love it. Definitely worth ranging outside of drugstore brands for the coverage. I recommend using with a primer for best results though. I found it matched my skin well and made it look nice and matte. Didn't really need a setting powder to it.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by arcss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Had it and used it until i realized it was making ,y skin look dry, surprise it has alcohol! Not good

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2013 4:41:00 AM More reviews by Labloah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After the formula change of Estee Lauder's Double Wear, I was on the hunt for a new long wear foundation that ticked all the boxes the old DW did, and after some online research, decided to try the Teint Idole. This hasn't wowed me like I had hoped it would, but that's not to say it's a bad product. It just don't quite meet the super high standards for a supremely long wear foundation that I'm looking for.

The glass pump bottle is convenient, and as it comes out in small squirts, it allows you to easily adjust the amount you use. The liquid is lightweight, and offers a medium coverage. It blends nicely, but I find it doesn't build up quite so well on the areas where I'd use more product for heavier coverage, it kind of slips over the top of product that is already thre if I try to apply more to build it up. Using a full cover concealer first helps to get the fullest coverage I want in the areas where I need it.

It does have a lovely finish, a radiant, almost dewy glow, but not over the top at all, it just adds a subtle "realness" to your face. It doesn't feel heavy on my face, it's slightly noticable in texture, but not off putting in any way.

As for longevity, it doesn't live up to the 24 hour claim, in fact, far from it. I tend to get around five to six hours of wear before I start to see areas that aren't quite holding up, mostly around my nose and chin (this is with a a good quality primer too). If I touch up around my nose and chin with a long wear powder I can get extended wear from it, but usually around the ten hour mark, it's showing quite noticable wear, and does collect around pores as well.

The biggest thing I don't like about this foundation though is its fragrance. It's a very strong, heady, floral fragrance. For a cosmeic product it is an exceptionally strong amount of fragrance.

All up, it's not a bad foundation if you're looking for regular wear with a nice finish, but it's not the long wearing, full cover power house I was hoping it would be.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2013 2:57:00 PM More reviews by strawberrygrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

GAH!!! I have a love-hate relationship with this foundation. It has a nice matte finish to it, medium coverage and actually last throughout the day. However, I do have some gripes with it. First, it is not transfer resistant, so it gets on my phone and some of it comes off when i try to blot. It has a medium coverage but I need something with more coverage as this does not cover my red post-acne marks. Lastly, and the real reason why I can't purchase this is that it broke me out. Not horrible break outs but enough to make me stop wearing it. I did do a side by side comparison of this with Estee Lauder's double wear and honestly liked out Lancome looked on my face at the end of the day; it looks like your skin but better. Oh well...on to trying a new foundation out.