October 21, 2014 | 2037 users online

Liquid - Lancome - Teint Idole Ultra 24h

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2013 7:35:00 AM More reviews by sevafp

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have been in search of the perfect foundation for my oily skin for more than 30 years, with many ups and downs on the way.

I have found foundations with the perfect cover, but slid off my face after an hour. I found foundations with great staying power, but looked cakey, like a mask.

What I have been looking for has been found in idole ultra 24. Ok, let's be honest, it doesn't last 24 hours, but why would I want it to?! It lasts all day, and it doesn't look like a mask.

I use a makeup brush to apply and it dries to a nice matte finish. I do not use a primer. It hides tiny imperfections and large pores. (If only it hid wrinkles!!!!)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2013 8:11:00 PM More reviews by babiiixoxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this foundation. but to me every foundation has its flaws.

PROS:
- it DOES stay on for a long time. i wore this 5+ hrs.
- does not oxidize.
- does not settle into pores.
- build able coverage. first application is medium coverage but can be built to full without looking cakey.
- good range of color selection.

CONS:
- settles into fine lines. i barely have any but it did settle on the small tinny ones.
- it makes dry patches VERY obvious. if you have dry skin or dry patches, this is not the foundation for you.

this foundation isn't a foundation that makes your skin look like "real skin." it does look like you have foundation on. but in my opinion, it looks very nice. its good for me because i have acne/acne scars and it covers it fairly well.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/5/2013 5:32:00 PM More reviews by justmigrating

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Pros: Felt light and smooth. No smell.

Cons: Lightest shade was too dark for my pale skin. Didn't cover my rosacea redness. Didn't find it buildable.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2013 8:38:00 PM More reviews by arsh86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wrote a review previously and was not able to update it so I'm writing again cuz I'm so in love with this foundation. I loved the Lancôme tient miracle but then I decided to try different one so tried mac studio fix then Chanel vitaluimere , ysl illuminating and marc jacobs -all of them were okay there was no wow factor. But when I put this foundation my face looks soooo much nicer- glowy, dewy, smooth. With other foundations I couldn't notice much difference before or after foundation. I don't have major skin issues except little breakout once a while and dryness. So my face looks good without foundation too but this one makes it look so Much nicer. I loved the tient miracle but I think this is better. Plus it's so easy to apply and blend compared to all others I have used so far. And it stays on intact for as long as you can imagine. I'm so much in love with this product! It's definitely my HG! And the Lancôme concealer is amazing as well. I love you Lancôme for making amazing products. I also bought the powder which hasn't wowed me as much as the concealer, foundation and primer

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 1:26:00 AM More reviews by Sheoak

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this foundation for about a month. I was looking for a long wearing oil free formula to suit my combination skin. I purchased the 01 shade which has a slight yellow base which I always prefer for toning down redness. The pump bottle provides hygienic dispensing and I find one pump is enough. I like to apply foundation with my fingertips, despite trying many different brushes and sponges over the years.

The consistency of this liquid is quite thick, but it blends out very easily and doesn't set too quickly. I have a lot of freckles and I like the fact that the Teint Idole foundation doesn't mask them, it just evens out the skin tone whilst still looking natural. It is also quite good under my eyes, not too dry, and doesn't settle much into fine lines. I find I only need a tiny bit of powder in the T-zone with this foundation, and it stays matte for about five hours, becoming slightly dewy as the afternoon wears on.

I have also used it over Stila One Step Illuminate for an evening makeup which adds a fabulous lit-from-within glow. Generally though I just use an oil free moisturiser underneath. It lasts really well and is also easy to retouch (eg. around the nose) during the day.

I'm really pleased with this foundation. It is going to last for ages and in that respect is good value for money.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2013 12:47:00 PM More reviews by lilicansu

After chancing formula of double wear, i was in a search of new long staying foundation. I wanna hive this a go. It is a really nice texture, it gives you a medium coverage. It is not fully matte. It gives you nice silky matte finish. You should def use peeling and your moistruzer before applying this foundation. It has a very nice smell, it smells very sweet but at the same time it is a very nice healthy smell. The only con is that it does not stay on your face 24 hour. I would say it stays like 7 hours. It is in a nice luxurious bottle. I would buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2013 2:57:00 PM More reviews by katrinaviolet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was so grateful that I bought this product. It covered my post-acne red marks well without looking cakey, and although I wouldn't say that it lasted 24 hours, it definitely lasted through the day without needing to touch up. This held true even when I was walking about in a very humid climate when I was travelling, and I don't find it to be drying at home (I live in a very dry climate).

Although it is expensive, it has lasted me quite long. Matches really well with my skin (lots of options for both warm and cool tones), very nice coverage, easy to cover and blend with a brush or with fingers. I apply a normal coat with a foundation brush or buffing brush, and then take a small fluffy eyeshadow brush and buff in a little more over my more prominent red acne spots almost as a concealer. Then set with a bit of Lancome transparent pressed powder.

Nice matte finish so great for work or when you're being photographed. When I want a dewier look I just mix a little liquid highlighter in before buffing onto face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2013 10:27:00 PM More reviews by Lms526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I was using Makeup Forever Mat Velvet. I loved the coverage and finish of that foundation, but it turned into a greasy mess on the areas where I'm most oily. So I put a post on the Makeup Alley Message board asking for a recommendation. I wanted something that had coverage and finish similar to the Mat Velvet, but would do a better job of controlling oil. Someone on the board suggested I give this foundation a try. I've tried many different foundations, both drugstore and high end, but never anything from Lancome. I went to Sephora and got a sample. I told the SA that I wasn't sure what shade I needed, but that I knew my Color IQ number (which is 1Y07) She asked me what foundation, and she found it right away. She told me that the shade I needed was 230 Buff (Warm) I'm glad I asked, because I would have chosen a cool shade.

I've tried a few long-wearing foundations in the past (Estee Lauder Double Wear, MAC Pro Longwear, Immaculate Liquid to Powder Makeup, Pur Minerals, and Smashbox Studio Skin 15 hr) and haven't liked any of them. They were either too cakey or magnified the bumps on my face. So I was a little apprehensive about trying this one. I was also concerned the color would be off.

I put it on this morning around 8:45. I applied it using my fingers (which is my preferred way to apply foundation) and used my Aveeno Baby Daily Moisturizing Lotion as a primer. The color is a perfect match. This foundation is very easy to apply and blends like a dream. This foundation claims to be buildable and to never look cakey. I found both those things to be true. It also dries really fast, which I like. I usually apply my foundation in sections. It did a great job of covering my redness and small bumps on my face. I usually have a heck of time getting foundation to actually stay on my face. My nose, area around my nose, and chin are extremely oily. My cheeks and forehead aren't quite as oily. So foundations usually stays put on my cheeks and forehead, but disappears and breaks up on my nose.

This is, hands down, the best liquid foundation I've used so far. A little goes a long way, it looks natural, has great coverage. It does an excellent job of controlling oil. I've worn this for 12 plus hours, and it still looks amazing. It basically stays on until I take it off. But it doesn't feel heavy on your face, like a lot of long-wear foundations do. It doesn't disappear or break up, even on my greaseball of a nose! It makes my face look flawless (which believe me, it definitely is NOT)

I feel very confident and pretty when I wear this foundation. That is huge for me, because I've never had that with any other foundation I've tried. It's such a good feeling to know that I don't have to worry about my makeup disappearing or my flaws and redness coming through. I'm not a crier, but honestly, it makes me tear up just writing this.

At $45, this is definitely the most expensive liquid foundation I've used. But it is worth every penny. I don't regret purchasing a full-size bottle of this at all. I will definitely repurchase this foundation and will never use anything else. This is definitely HG for me. Thanks Lancome for making a foundation that actually lives up to its claims and does what it promises to do.
EDIT 12/4/13
I still really love this foundation, but it has been incredibly frustrating trying to find the right shade. The first one I purchased, based on my Color iQ number (230 Buff Warm) was too light. My mom told me she thought I wasn't feeling good because I looked more pale than mornal. But then she realized it was because my foundation was too light. So then I went back to Sephora and told an SA that Makeup Forever Mat Velvet 35 Vanilla is a good match for my skin. She squirted a bit of the Mat Velvet on her hand and then the Lancome Teint Idole next to it. She told me that shade 320 Bisque Warm was the closest match to the 35 Vanilla in Mat Velvet. I was immediately worried it was going to be too dark.

I applied it the morning of thanksgiving. I was on my way up to my aunt's house, who lives about an hour away. I happened to catch a glimpse of my reflection in the side mirror. I pulled down the visor mirror and was horrified! My face was Oompa Loompa orange! I wiped off what I could using some sterile alcohol wipes I had in my purse. The first thing I did when we got to my aunts was go into the bathroom and take off the rest of my foundation. There is no way I was going to be around my family looking like that. I decided I would rather go without foundation than wear that. I wanted to exchange it, but I lost my receipt and didn't have a state id at the time. I told the SA (a different one) that I was getting really frustrated. I told her I loved the Teint Idole Ultra, but was having a hard time finding the correct shade. She asked me which two I had already tried. I told her 230 Buff Warm and 320 Bisque warm. She asked me if I wanted to get colormatched. So she took the 3 shades in between the 230 Buff and the 320 Bisque and told me we could try them all if necessary. Another SA came over to help and said to not even try the 260 Bisque because it would be too dark. So we tried the 250 Bisque warm. It was a perfect match. It looked flawless and there was no tell-tale line on my jaw. She told me to be sure to check it at home due to the harsh lighting in the store. But when I got home, I checked it and it looked perfect. So I was FINALLY able to find my correct shade. I got a new id today and immediately went to Sephora and exchanged the 320 Bisque for 250 Bisque. I really wish it wasn't so complicated finding the right shade. But the SAs who helped me very very friendly and helpful.
EDIT #2 12/15/13
Even though, I FINALLY found the right shade, LOVE the staying power, and coverage of this foundation, in the end, I decided it was just too matte for my liking. So I switched to Lancome Teint Miracle and like that a lot better.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2013 1:47:00 AM More reviews by Jessydphs04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I used to love the old formula. I would use this in the bisque 4W but in the new formula I was matched to a 360N. Anyways I have been using luminous silk by GA ($60) and Laura Mercier's mineral powder for a couple of months....but I thought maybe I could try this again since the reviews are pretty great. Worst mistake. My skin is usually oily but this actually dried it out. So weird! The coverage is decent but I honestly prefer the old formula. I was afraid the color wouldn't match, but it actually matched me pretty well. I am NC30, 6 in GA luminous silk and Real Sand in Laura Mercier, for reference.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2013 7:59:00 PM More reviews by Sandy01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This foundation is excellent! There are a good selection of colours and the staying power is fantastic! I work 12 hour shifts and my makeup still looks good at the end if the day! It's buildable coverage so you can go from day to night. I would definitely recommend this foundation.