April 17, 2014 | 1827 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - NARS - Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by DebraWrd

I used a $5 off a $40 purchase with free shipping at drugstore.com (actually beauty.com - same cart) so I saved a little!

Finland works great on my 40 year old skin. I have pink cheeks and some redness on my chin and slight dark circles under my eyes and this covers it perfectly.

It smells like orange blossoms when you apply it but the scent fades quickly so you aren't smelling it all day!

It lasts too because when I remove my makeup at night I can see it on my washcloth whereas with some others it must not last all day.

I read another review where someone said it was foundation and it does cover like a foundation but is easy and forgiving to apply like a tinted moisturizer. I really like it! You only need a little bit. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2013 5:41:00 PM More reviews by krcb4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Nice finish and colour (nc45ish, I use Seychelles) but it makes me oily too quickly. Works slightly better with mac blot powder or nars tahoe foundation powder over it but i still have to blot within 2-3 hours of application. Its humid, tropical weather here, this does better indoors in ac all day. My teint idole ultra 24 hr foundation actually does a better all-round job in summer than this tm as it feels light weight and hardly transfers.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by Hautemommy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Like a lot of other reviewers stated, this tinted moisturizer is really a foundation. In the past, I have used MAC products, tried Chanel, Estee Lauder and even one of my faves Tom Ford but I will not cheat on my NARS. Nothing gives me coverage and leaves my skin looking quite like this product.

I am Jamaican and Chinese - my skin is olive/tan but I have a yellow undertone so it has always been hard to match my color. Most just consider me "light-skinned" and when I would get to the counter, the make up artists used products that made me look too red and dark or too pale. Stumbled upon this in "Cuba" and it has really matched me (all summer and winter too). I have some dark marks on my skin and this covers them easily without the need for concealer. It also does not take a lot of product to get full coverage so you really do get your money's worth. I apply with a foundation brush and do a stipple action to work it in and blend into my neck area. I do normally apply a primer before hand but even without, this product really does wonders.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2013 4:40:00 PM More reviews by dizzielittlerascal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

At last! I think I have finally found an excellent foundation. I have dry skin and this suits my skin to the ground. Doesn't settle in pores, doesn't shine for days, doesn't look obvious but gives decent enough coverage, doesn't break my skin out, doesn't oxidise, lasts the day and feels like nothing on at all. I will admit I do have to mix two shades together (I am currently about NW20 and use Groenland with a smidge of Terre Neuve with it) but this suits me fine as I find that my skin tone can change almost daily! I did try other shades but they were way too yellow. I don't have particularly pink skin, more neutral and these new shades are fabulous! I hope they add more shades to the line with cooler skin in mind. For those wondering about the new shades I would say the lighter one (Terre Neuve) would be suitable for NW15-20 and the darker one (Groenland) would be for around NW20-25. But this is only from my own experience.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/3/2013 9:38:00 AM More reviews by silentsgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

It smells and STINGS like sunscreen, turned greasy in 1 hour, yuck.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2013 8:27:00 AM More reviews by meganlovesyooou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I would say this is a definitely a tinted moisturizer for folks who hate tinted moisturizers! Like me, haha. I always just thought they were silly, like why couldn't you just wear a sheer foundation? That, and the fact that most TM's had zero coverage, and then you end up needing a million layers and all that SPF clogs your pores and ugh. Just no. However...

I warmed up to the idea of a tinted moisturizer recently, realizing that it's basically summer and I get incredibly lazy with my makeup in the summer and need to be wearing a higher SPF for the summer. After feeling a few TM's from various brands, I decided to go with Nars and I got the shade Alaska, which is a little more yellow than my skintone. This is just fine with me, however, because it camouflages redness well. It has a broad-spectrum sunscreen of 35.

The consistency of this product is light but creamy, with a lot of concentrated pigment (so you don't end up needing much). It's best left at one layer (and you really shouldn't need much more than that--the coverage of this was much better than even some foundations I've used) or else it'll start to look really obvious on the skin...just spot conceal if there are any remaining imperfections.

When applied correctly, it looks amazing. Your skin will look poreless and glowing, with no visible signs that you're wearing any makeup. It wears well on me without an additional primer or setting powder-generally I'll put it on in the morning and it's still perfect when I go to remove it at night.

The packaging is great, super straight-forward and small, just a little squeeze tube with a matte finish and the streamlined NARS logo.

I think if you're used to wearing foundation and want something more low-key for the warmer months or you currently use a TM and the coverage just isn't cutting it for you, you will looove this product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2013 5:12:00 PM More reviews by violetmist

I don't like tinted moisturizers but in the summer a face of foundation looks and feels hideous. This is the best of the bunch though. It has a dry texture that isn't drying and has a nice soft glow. It covers very well but it is as light as air and really doesn't look like you have anything on your skin. Just a little bit goes a very long way and you get broad spectrum 30 spf coverage. It even replaces using an undereye concealer. My only complaint is that the shade is very yellow. I have Alaska which was the closest to Nars Deauville foundation. These shades are even more yellow than Bobbi Brown foundation. The upside of the yellow is that it knocks out all the redness but you have to adjust the rest of your makeup to suit it. I manage this by applying Hourglass Ambient Light powder in Dim. However the whole point of tinted mositurizer is to simplify things. I'll stick with it through the summer though.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2013 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Kalenalli

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After years of trying every foundation I could find, I never thought I'd love a tinted moisturizer. My former "go to's" were MAC Studio Fix in NC20 and the ridiculously expensive La Prairie in Champagne. An MUA suggested NARS radiant tinted moisturizer in a new shade called Groenland which is the perfect shade for me. I have bad skin, still getting break outs in my early 60s, large pores and discoloration. So I was skeptical that a tinted moisturizer would provide enough coverage but, I think because the color is so close to my natural skin, I now look like I have almost flawless skin. The miracle is that I don't even need to use concealer! With summer's hot,humid weather we'll see how well this does but so far it has been very impressive.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2013 10:07:00 AM More reviews by BXsenorita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was a little disappointed by this product, maybe it's great for everyone else but it did nothing for me. I do know it's only a tinted moisturizer but it literally looked like I put nothing on when I applied it. Smells a little bit like the optimal concentrator which I love. Tried this because my friend raved about it so much. My skin isn't bad by itself but I refuse to pay 40$ for something that makes my face appear the same. No difference at all on my skin, looks & feels the same. Not bad product but not very useful for me unfortunately.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2013 3:24:00 AM More reviews by pinkbrush

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

♥ I love this product. It's marketed as a tinted moisturiser, but I would put the coverage up there with a foundation. Feels great on, love the SPF and blendibility.

I have Alaska which is very yellow, and am about NC25 with my fake tan on, that's when I use this. If you want a more neutral tone but same deepness try Groenland.