November 24, 2014 | 1318 users online

BB Cream - Smashbox - Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 9/28/2013 10:08:00 AM More reviews by Qettah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought a 15 ml/0.5 fl oz I found at sephora to try it out and I almost finish the mini bottle. I live in a very hot and humid place, and I used to apply it on my face first thing after my morning shower. I never bother applying primer before because this product says it "primes".

I personally didn't like it because I felt it heavy on my face, like wearing a thick foundation. I always used a little bit and tried applying it using different tools and even my fingertips. I can't deny it has a very good coverage, but I personally don't need too much coverage since I don't have scars, acne, dark spots, etc. I think this bb cream will work great if you need the coverage. Plus I have oily skin and it didn't lasted long on my skin, and I watched how it was kind of melting on my face. I tried applying powder, oil absorbing papers, and nothing could make it work. I wonder if applying primer before could make it last long? I was using the "light" tone and worked fine with my skintone, not too pink or yellow. I'm glad I got a small size because I won't buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2013 3:59:00 PM More reviews by itsiliii

So I was chilling in las vegas when I decided, you know what my foundations are starting to make me look rather cakey and a little TOO done up. Let's get a sample of this!

I honestly didn't know what to expect from this BB but it's easily become one of my favorite products as of recently. The texture is an interesting gelly, it's a bit hard to smooth across the face. Although it's very refreshing is actually dries to a clean natural/semi-matte finish.

I really like the coverage on this stuff, it is very easy to build up and yet still manages to look very natural! No more overly done up face for me :D I also like the SPF and the fact how there doesn't appear to be much of a scent at all. Oh also with the color schemes, girls whom are NC30 beware i KNOW that light/medium seems like the correct thing to choose but it is SUPPPPPPER DARK. Like NC35-40 dark. Light-med my butt.

The only negative is longevity, however if mixed with my Lioele bb cream it lasts longer for some reason. I'd still recommend picking up a sample of this if interested :D

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2013 9:00:00 PM More reviews by beameupscotty22

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product when I was determined to find the "best" available BB cream in Ulta - this one smelled good (very important), felt smooth and seemed heavy enough to cover unevenness on my cheeks. I have broken capillaries. It didn't cover as well as I thought when I got home, used it the next day, etc. However, it is so easy to smooth on during application - and blends great. The color (lightest one) was a perfect match for my skin. I found that applying it alone was best - no moisturizer needed. Since I use a toner and moisturizer and usually a serum, it was a little too much combined with the treatment products. It left a moist feeling that needed powdering to matte the finished look.
It did not irritate my skin at all and I do have sensitive skin. I found other BB creams with more coverage so I probably won't purchase it again - but it is a nice product. I love most Smashbox products.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2013 10:20:00 AM More reviews by genarod

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really adore this BB cream. I've been using this since the spring, and this has probably been my most raved about "new" product in my routine.

To start off I am a complete foundation junky, and was very very late to jump on the BB cream bandwagon. I had dabbled in TM briefly, and every one I tried just left me with ZERO coverage and an unnatural orange sheen to the skin-- so I didn't have high hopes for a BB cream.

I was *never* a sunscreen gal until pregnancy made my skin super sensitive, so my biggest motivator for sampling a ME/HE BB was that I wanted a one step ss/foundation coverage/out the door.

I sampled quite a few brands of ME-HE BB creams, and Smashbox has by far and wide been my absolute favorite!

Pros:
-Relatively high SPF (SPF 35)
-No fragrance
-A fairly large color selection
-Under $40
-Long lasting
-Does not irritate or break out my skin at all
-Pregnancy Safe :D (CC cream as well)
-Leaves my skin more moisturized at end of day when I wash it off
-Does NOT cake or cling to dry spots
-Satin/Matte finish

Cons:
-I wish it contained only a physical ss, not a chemical and a physical... but this isn't really a con, it is just my preference.
-I am darker and more yellow than "fair", yet "light" oxidizes pretty orange on me, so it would be cool to have a wider color selection.

*AND** saving the best for last-- The coverage!

This BB cream has amazzzziiinnnngg coverage. This is particularly true when I pair this BB cream with my MAC studio fix foundation powder.

On days that I just do not feel like doing a full face, (which for me is: lotion, ss, primer, foundation, concealer, setting powder: wooh!) I can cut the whole process and just (lotion, BB cream, MAC SF powder/ out the door). And this works great!!--- Honestly my makeup lasts all day, the coverage is so good I don't even need concealer, my pores aren't visible, the coverage doesn't fade and my acne scarring will stay concealed the wholllleee day!

I still love my foundation, but honestly to cut my work into a 1/3 this gives me FLAWLESS results in my makeup application... and my skin is hydrated, and protected from the sun.

Without MAC SF, I can expect SB BB to last about 4-5 hours, which still is pretty impressive for a BB.

This item is definitely a staple to my collection now-- especially for spring/summer when the sun is out, and I want coverage but dont want like 7 layers of makeup.

Smashbox truly does put out consistent quality products IMO.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2013 11:00:00 AM More reviews by melaniepich

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Let me say, this is a BB CREAM. Bb creams have VERY light coverage. However this bb cream has better coverage than other bb creams I've tried so far. I have nomal checks and a very very veryyy oily tzone. I also have dry skin on the side of my nose. Yes, I have the whole package. Did I mention I have acne prone skin? You can seemy delema when I shop for foundations and bb creams. If I get something too drying ill get dry patches or if I get something to moisterizing ill be sooo oily. Nothing works for my oily skin besides the immaculate foundation but hourglass but it makes my dry patches soo noticeable :/
Now that we have that covered, this bb cream did not make my dry patches stand out. It looks pretty natural. I love that. Its not cakey. Not too dry. However it iisn't the best at oil control. Ill use this in the winter but ill still probably have to blot a lot. It you have normal or slightly oily skin I think you'll like this. $40 at sephora

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2013 5:23:00 PM More reviews by sushiomelette

I've had this for a few weeks and tried it under foundation but today I'm trying it by itself and honestly, it's really comfortable in that my skin doesn't have dry flakes like I would expect. I typically have dry skin (I live in a cold climate) and am not sure how this will do in the winter, but it seems to work really well. I can see this as my get-ready-quick foundation/tinted moisturizer. I tried putting powder on it to set it, but the powder kinda clumped in spots. The coverage is sheer to medium. The colors seem to run dark. I'm light-medium (I'm NC35 in MAC's mineralize moisture foundation, Beige 40 in Chanel's Vitalumiere, and 4.25 in Bobbi Brown). The high price tag makes me think twice about it, but I think it's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 12:25:00 PM More reviews by SELENECERVANTES

Instantly fell in love with everything . I have already gone thought two tubes of this stuff every one lasting me around a year, I have the light/medium and it matched my skin identically . Staying power is good , personally I don't set this bb cream because I am acne prone but this product did a good job at not breaking me out ! I would have to say it's great for me because even if I am ace prone I don't have much to cover just redness in my cheeks and a few bumps once in a while so I found that it was perfect all around ! I will be repurchasing my third tube this week (:

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 6:00:00 AM More reviews by MichelleLisa

I am on my second tube of Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream in Light - it is definitely pretty dark as I have olive toned skin and I find it perfect for me. My skin is combination, and although my t-zone is oily I wouldn't be able to use this product on its own, I always put a thin layer of moisturiser on first and let that settle in before applying. My skin is pretty clear although my chin looks a bit red and gets congested, I find that this covers that really well, including any large pores on my nose and completely evens out my skin tone which I love. I don't think additional primer should be used, as this is a primer! So people complaining about the effect you get when you apply a primer first, well you're sort of defeating the object of using a BB cream if you're going to use a primer too. I like that this does everything in one. Use it in the way its meant to be used and you'll love it :)

I also wanted to add - the SPF WORKS - I used this on my face when in Vegas in May and my face didn't burn at all. However, I was given a sample of Kiehl's BB cream whilst I was there which was SPF 50 so one day I used that instead - it didn't work and my face burnt! I am confident you can rely on Smashbox BB Cream's SPF 35 to protect your skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2013 3:36:00 PM More reviews by Caxap

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have combination-to-oily skin, which also flakes (wtf, right?). I tried every BB cream that Sephora recommended for oily skin and this was by far the best. At first, I used it as foundation, over my shine-control moisturizer, and it was okay. Then my skin freaked out and I got a lot of acne (thanks, Clarisonic), so I switched to a heavy foundation. Now that my skin calmed down, I started using it again and OMG! I no longer use it OVER my moisturizer, but INSTEAD of it. Result: less breakouts!!!!! I never expected it to work as well as it does. It also moisturizes, provides sheer coverage, and has SPF. LOVE! I do wish it had more coverage, but oh well.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2013 2:20:00 PM More reviews by jenafur3223

I have to agree with the reviewer that said this didnt cover well/highlights imperfections. I used it with my smashbox blemish control primer and after 1 hour was a greasy mess. Ugh! It sticks to any dry patch and once powdered really looks bad. The light/medium shade is also a bit dark. I expected way more for the price. I think this would be better for people with minimal skin issues. Back to Ulta!