October 21, 2014 | 2050 users online

BB Cream - Smashbox - Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2013 10:20:00 AM More reviews by genarod

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really adore this BB cream. I've been using this since the spring, and this has probably been my most raved about "new" product in my routine.

To start off I am a complete foundation junky, and was very very late to jump on the BB cream bandwagon. I had dabbled in TM briefly, and every one I tried just left me with ZERO coverage and an unnatural orange sheen to the skin-- so I didn't have high hopes for a BB cream.

I was *never* a sunscreen gal until pregnancy made my skin super sensitive, so my biggest motivator for sampling a ME/HE BB was that I wanted a one step ss/foundation coverage/out the door.

I sampled quite a few brands of ME-HE BB creams, and Smashbox has by far and wide been my absolute favorite!

Pros:
-Relatively high SPF (SPF 35)
-No fragrance
-A fairly large color selection
-Under $40
-Long lasting
-Does not irritate or break out my skin at all
-Pregnancy Safe :D (CC cream as well)
-Leaves my skin more moisturized at end of day when I wash it off
-Does NOT cake or cling to dry spots
-Satin/Matte finish

Cons:
-I wish it contained only a physical ss, not a chemical and a physical... but this isn't really a con, it is just my preference.
-I am darker and more yellow than "fair", yet "light" oxidizes pretty orange on me, so it would be cool to have a wider color selection.

*AND** saving the best for last-- The coverage!

This BB cream has amazzzziiinnnngg coverage. This is particularly true when I pair this BB cream with my MAC studio fix foundation powder.

On days that I just do not feel like doing a full face, (which for me is: lotion, ss, primer, foundation, concealer, setting powder: wooh!) I can cut the whole process and just (lotion, BB cream, MAC SF powder/ out the door). And this works great!!--- Honestly my makeup lasts all day, the coverage is so good I don't even need concealer, my pores aren't visible, the coverage doesn't fade and my acne scarring will stay concealed the wholllleee day!

I still love my foundation, but honestly to cut my work into a 1/3 this gives me FLAWLESS results in my makeup application... and my skin is hydrated, and protected from the sun.

Without MAC SF, I can expect SB BB to last about 4-5 hours, which still is pretty impressive for a BB.

This item is definitely a staple to my collection now-- especially for spring/summer when the sun is out, and I want coverage but dont want like 7 layers of makeup.

Smashbox truly does put out consistent quality products IMO.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2013 11:00:00 AM More reviews by melaniepich

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Let me say, this is a BB CREAM. Bb creams have VERY light coverage. However this bb cream has better coverage than other bb creams I've tried so far. I have nomal checks and a very very veryyy oily tzone. I also have dry skin on the side of my nose. Yes, I have the whole package. Did I mention I have acne prone skin? You can seemy delema when I shop for foundations and bb creams. If I get something too drying ill get dry patches or if I get something to moisterizing ill be sooo oily. Nothing works for my oily skin besides the immaculate foundation but hourglass but it makes my dry patches soo noticeable :/
Now that we have that covered, this bb cream did not make my dry patches stand out. It looks pretty natural. I love that. Its not cakey. Not too dry. However it iisn't the best at oil control. Ill use this in the winter but ill still probably have to blot a lot. It you have normal or slightly oily skin I think you'll like this. $40 at sephora

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2013 5:23:00 PM More reviews by sushiomelette

I've had this for a few weeks and tried it under foundation but today I'm trying it by itself and honestly, it's really comfortable in that my skin doesn't have dry flakes like I would expect. I typically have dry skin (I live in a cold climate) and am not sure how this will do in the winter, but it seems to work really well. I can see this as my get-ready-quick foundation/tinted moisturizer. I tried putting powder on it to set it, but the powder kinda clumped in spots. The coverage is sheer to medium. The colors seem to run dark. I'm light-medium (I'm NC35 in MAC's mineralize moisture foundation, Beige 40 in Chanel's Vitalumiere, and 4.25 in Bobbi Brown). The high price tag makes me think twice about it, but I think it's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 12:25:00 PM More reviews by SELENECERVANTES

Instantly fell in love with everything . I have already gone thought two tubes of this stuff every one lasting me around a year, I have the light/medium and it matched my skin identically . Staying power is good , personally I don't set this bb cream because I am acne prone but this product did a good job at not breaking me out ! I would have to say it's great for me because even if I am ace prone I don't have much to cover just redness in my cheeks and a few bumps once in a while so I found that it was perfect all around ! I will be repurchasing my third tube this week (:

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 6:00:00 AM More reviews by MichelleLisa

I am on my second tube of Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream in Light - it is definitely pretty dark as I have olive toned skin and I find it perfect for me. My skin is combination, and although my t-zone is oily I wouldn't be able to use this product on its own, I always put a thin layer of moisturiser on first and let that settle in before applying. My skin is pretty clear although my chin looks a bit red and gets congested, I find that this covers that really well, including any large pores on my nose and completely evens out my skin tone which I love. I don't think additional primer should be used, as this is a primer! So people complaining about the effect you get when you apply a primer first, well you're sort of defeating the object of using a BB cream if you're going to use a primer too. I like that this does everything in one. Use it in the way its meant to be used and you'll love it :)

I also wanted to add - the SPF WORKS - I used this on my face when in Vegas in May and my face didn't burn at all. However, I was given a sample of Kiehl's BB cream whilst I was there which was SPF 50 so one day I used that instead - it didn't work and my face burnt! I am confident you can rely on Smashbox BB Cream's SPF 35 to protect your skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2013 3:36:00 PM More reviews by Caxap

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have combination-to-oily skin, which also flakes (wtf, right?). I tried every BB cream that Sephora recommended for oily skin and this was by far the best. At first, I used it as foundation, over my shine-control moisturizer, and it was okay. Then my skin freaked out and I got a lot of acne (thanks, Clarisonic), so I switched to a heavy foundation. Now that my skin calmed down, I started using it again and OMG! I no longer use it OVER my moisturizer, but INSTEAD of it. Result: less breakouts!!!!! I never expected it to work as well as it does. It also moisturizes, provides sheer coverage, and has SPF. LOVE! I do wish it had more coverage, but oh well.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2013 2:20:00 PM More reviews by jenafur3223

I have to agree with the reviewer that said this didnt cover well/highlights imperfections. I used it with my smashbox blemish control primer and after 1 hour was a greasy mess. Ugh! It sticks to any dry patch and once powdered really looks bad. The light/medium shade is also a bit dark. I expected way more for the price. I think this would be better for people with minimal skin issues. Back to Ulta!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2013 10:52:00 PM More reviews by gazelma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Smashbox BB cream in medium is my go-to BB cream when it's summer time. Like many people I am much lighter in the winter time, so I use a different BB cream. I tan very easily in the summer and I usually just go to Korean BB cream brands, but unfortunately they are too light for me when I am tan. Smashbox is the next best thing. A little goes a long way and my skin looks and feels flawless. It does not clog nor does it feel oily on me. It is a bit sticky after applying it, but it does wear off later. Coverage is excellent and I like that I am protected with 35 SPF. It is indeed a bit pricy but after trying a bunch of other BB creams in Sephora, I felt like this was best suited for my needs. For reference I have oily skin, and it did not make me feel and look like an oil slick. Highly recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2013 3:10:00 PM More reviews by MegC86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So for someone who has sensitive, oily, acne prone skin a BB cream seems like a bad idea but this has been great summer foundation/BB cream for me. I do use a primer (Boots brand) so that seems to cut the shine and oily feel/look down a good bit. I use my fingers to apply and that way I use less product and it goes on a little easier. It does have a slight smell kinda like sunscreen or tanning lotion but not bad. I wish the price was lower but for Smashbox its not too bad. I wear Fair and it blends pretty perfect for my skin tone. I went one shade up to the med/light and while i liked it I just didnt feel like it matched me too well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2013 10:22:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet. This is the best bb cream (Asian or otherwise) that I've tried, hands down, and the only one I will re-purchase all year round. It has a thick consistency but I find it spreads easily and looks best when applied gradually with a brush. I use Light and it is perfect for NC30 skin, it is fairly peachy/yellow but not overly so. I've used it without foundation and just the slightest dusting of powder, over moisturised skin, and it looks dewy, fresh and gorgeous. But I've also used it under foundation on days when my skin looks totally rubbish and it has transformed my skin. I think if you have dry skin you will have to moisturise well but mine is oily/combo/sometimes problematic and I can get away with just a light cream and primer underneath. Like other true BB creams, it does seem to improve my skin rather than just masking imperfections and I use less concealer when I use it. Get a trial size from Ebay (7ml) and see for yourself before splashing out on a full-size tube.