April 19, 2014 | 1072 users online

Shampoo - L'Oreal - EverCreme Cleansing Conditioner

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2012 8:30:00 AM More reviews by GalileosDaughter

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a decent cleansing conditioner. My extremely dry, wavy hair felt clean, but only moderately conditioned after using it for a week. I'm not a fan of the vanilla-amber-spice smell that this and other argan oil products seem to have. It is a good price, though, if you want to try cleansing conditioners.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2012 1:19:00 AM More reviews by lotusgrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Absolutely wonderful for dry hair! My hair is very very fine, wavy, desert-dry and frizz-prone. I've tried all sorts of HE shampoos and none have left my hair as healthy as this. It is definitely a "cleansing conditioner" as they say and not a traditional shampoo. If your hair is oily or thick this may not be enough to clean it properly. When I use it my hair is incredibly soft and shiny and my waves look great. When I use it on my daughter's (healthy kid hair, not dry) hair it actually makes it look less shiny and dull. So be sure that you have the hair type for it before you buy.
The cons are the packaging. The pump is annoying as other reviewers have stated and I don't really care for the smell as I don't like foodie/bakery scented products. It is expensive for a drugstore shampoo but after shelling out for Pureology with negligible results this feels like a bargain. The bottle is pretty small - although mine lasts about 4 months because my hair needs washing only 3x per week.
It smooths my tangles and brings out my waves. It's soothing on my dry scalp as well. I took half a lippie off for the smell and packaging but this is a solid purchase and I will continue to buy. :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2012 8:59:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

So I can only compare to Hair One as I have not tried Wen. This product is ok. I have to use 40 pumps to thoroughly coat my hair. Smell is wonderful, last at least 24 hours. I wash my hair every 2nd or 3rd day. Works okay but I have to use so much of the product as compared to Hair One. So for a price standpoint, I wasn't gonna save a lot of money if I have to buy a bottle of this stuff every 2 weeks.

I have highlighted waist length hair, with dry ends. Fine strands but medium volume (if that makes sense) I would not recommended it on very long hair but shoulder length or shorter it should work out well.

UPDATE: I now have used Wen. This product is much thinner in consistency. I have to roughly use about a golf ball size of the product which is comparable to Wen. Works well, but not as great as Wen. I tend to use this on vacation as I don't want to siphon out my Wen. Good drugstore cleansing condition.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2012 2:00:00 PM More reviews by sweetliz312

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

bought this last night - i've been trying to get my hair back to a "healthier" state and thought i would give this a shot.
I have very thin, oily hair, and unfortunately this product did not work for me. Although it did technically clean my hair, it left it very dull and un-life like. My hair was not greasy, but my hair didnt feel "clean" i might just use this on the weekends or on days i know i might not be going out. I'll be sticking to my regular shampoo :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2012 3:34:00 AM More reviews by GlamDiva

I'm a fan of CO-washing, so got the EverCreme Cleansing Conditioner to try when it was on sale. Lots of pumps of product are required, but that's ok. Cleaned well, cleaned easily, didn't really lather at all (no problem), and rinsed out very easily. Detangled my very long hair well. Great! Two problems: 1) the strong fragrance that reminded me of a cheap version of Prada Candy, a sweet caramel-woody fragrance that goes into many products today. Not only do I not like the fragrance, it sticks around at least a full day after shampooing. 2) FULL of silicones that made my very long hair dry and extremely tangly as days wore on between shampoos.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2012 8:47:00 PM More reviews by alijay

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This helps maintain my red hair color- the smell is strong like other reviewers stated. I use it more for dry ends- my roots get oily so I use extra shampoo on the roots then pull it through before I rinse. Got it on sale, and I would buy again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2012 8:11:00 PM More reviews by amyhuskiewicz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I liked this initially for occasional use but soon found the smell to be cloying and overpowering (and I like vanilla!). I was using it on work days, alternating with 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner for more conditioning. It did not detangle my copious amount of fine hair and could not be used more than 2 days in a row without making my hair feel "coated". The pump opening is very thin and dispenses very little product - I really had to pump quite a bit to get enough to run through my hair. The pump also prevents you from getting out the last bit of product at the end of the bottle - and it is inconvenient to turn the bottle upside down and balance it on the pump to get the dregs. It is also quite expensive for the amount of product you get. For a much cheaper alternative, try Alberto VO5 Shea Cashmere conditioner (see review) - a vanilla-scented thin, lightly moisturizing conditioner.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2012 6:57:00 PM More reviews by Guru4Reviews

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have dry, thick, coarse hair that even with the heaviest treatments my hair still remains a dry, frizzy mess. I don't use any heat on my hair, and only recently started dying my hair. Of course, I wanted to try this, since I didn't want to shell out the money for Wen. I am so glad that I bought this instead, since it manages my hair, and most importantly makes it SOFT! I haven't had hair that's felt so smooth, and soft since I was a kid.

The smell is overpowering, but it smells great and lingers throughout the day. I leave it on the 1-2 minutes in the shower and rinse it very well. It's very important to rinse it out thoroughly otherwise my hair does end feeling heavy and waxy. When I step out of the shower, I mix this and argan oil together, for a leave-in. Since, my hair is so thick, it can handle this amount of moisture/product. Once my hair is dry, it has a beautiful shine and feels amazing, without any frizz. My hair gets oily after three or four days, so that's when I wash it. Every three washes I'll use a clarifying shampoo, to prevent build-up. The packaging isn't horrible, but the pump doesn't dispense enough product in one pump. I have a smaller squeeze tube, that came free with the full size, and I wish they would switch over to that packaging.

I would absolutely recommend this to someone who has similar hair to me. However, I can understand why this gets horrible reviews for anyone with fine hair, or someone with slightly dry hair. It's a heavy duty cleansing conditioner that's too rich for them. So, unless you have thick hair or severely dry/damaged hair, I wouldn't recommend it.

P.S. If you ended up buying this and hate it, try mixing a small amount in with a hair oil, for a treatment or a leave-in conditioner.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2012 6:25:00 PM More reviews by tmf1969

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Big fan of L'Oreal's Ever Creme line, but this product, unlike the conditioner and shampoo, leaves my hair flat and even greasy the next day. As one poster noted, best bet is to masage a small amount of the Cleansing Conditioner in for less than one minute (it works pretty fast on short hair), and rinse immediately. I do love the packaging and wish L'Oreal would use the same packaging with its shampoos and regular conditioner. Definitely not a product for those of us with short hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2012 5:46:00 PM More reviews by tori497

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Boy was I fooled by all the hype I'd been hearing. A bit of background first. I have dry hair that is fine but have lots of. It is mid way down my back and I do not color or chemically treat my hair. I got wrapped up in the whole no sulfate, no lather trend and decided to give this a shot. It was on sale at my local Target for $5.99. I made sure to research how to use, how much, etc. as a lot of the reviews here had varying degrees of "success" based on the application.

My first time using, I made sure to use plenty, massage into my scalp VERY well, leave on for a bit, then add a little water and "lather" up right before rinsing VERY well. The whole process took longer than it would to wash/condition separately but I will willing to put in the work for great-looking hair. I lost a lot more hair than I am used to during the entire cleansing process and combing out after.

My hair was more moisturized immediately after but by the end of the day my ends were greasy and had NO body whatsoever. It literally hung like a damp, hair curtain. I tried using the other day after a normal shampoo and conditioning as a leave in and my hair was a gummy mess. Again, I lost a TON of hair and had the greasies. I will use as another reviewer suggested as shaving creme but it will NEVER go back on my hair again.

Oh! I almost forgot to mention how much the packaging blows. Unless you have this thing strapped down, it is IMPOSSIBLE to pump and get the amount you need.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No