July 29, 2014 | 1877 users online

Shampoo - L'Oreal - EverCreme Cleansing Conditioner

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2012 4:38:00 AM More reviews by jemoSupremo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have dry, heavily color-processed hair, and I don't like using shampoos (I wash my hair roughly 2-3 times a week). That being said, I really like this product. I've never tried Wen, but I'd been really intrigued by the idea of a cleansing conditioner since hearing about it. So when this popped up in my local store I had to try it.
It does a nice job cleaning my oily roots after a few days of not washing my hair, and it makes my hair feel nice as well. Most of the time, I do follow this with a conditioner over my ends, as they tend to get REALLY dry, especially on days when I heat treat. I feel comfortable using this every day as I don't see any color from my hair come out when I compare to even the "color-safe" sulfate free shampoos. It's also kinda soothing on my sometimes-irritated skin and has a nice smell that isn't too overpowering.
If I'm not washing my hair everyday while using this though, I do find that my roots get greasy faster than when I use a regular shampoo, so I end up using more of this than regular shampoo. BUT I do skip on following with a conditioner a lot of times, and my hair is still manageable.

Overall, I like using this product, and would purchase again. I'll add an edit when I get a chance to try out Wen or Hair One for a comparison.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/2/2012 4:03:00 AM More reviews by bedheadmaestro

This stuff is gross on every level, except maybe the number and quality of ingredients. I live where the water is so hard that you can buy straight citric acid bathroom cleaner, and this turned my fine, limp, wavy hair into a toxic, gummy, greasy and too-strongly scented nest of dreads. No matter how long I rinsed, massaged, or let it sit! No matter how much I used! (which ended up being about eight pumps.) I ended up getting angry and cutting all but 1" of my hair off, and tried this shampoo again on this style, same thing happened except now my forehead is greasy. So I've started using it as shaving cream and it doesn't even do a good job at that, either.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Bottles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been curious about products like this since Wen came on the scene, but I could never plunk down the money to try that brand without knowing how I would like the whole "cleansing conditioner" thing. I had a coupon for $2 off of this, so I bought a bottle. I really love the smell, sort of a warm amber. I use this on days that my hair feels really dry and won't take well to the harshness of shampoo. I cannot use it every day, or it makes my hair feel really coated and flat and weighs my curls down, but I love having it in the shower for those dry days that I would have otherwise skipped shampoo and just conditioned, it makes me feel a little more clean.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2012 6:11:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

Fantastic. I could tell a difference within one use. I could actually run my fingers through my hair while it was wet. It took about half the time to style because my hair wasn't trying to hold on to the moisture that'd been stripped of it. My hair wanted to style, also; usually I am going back over rough pieces with the straightener multiple times. My hair is smooth, happy, hydrated and bouncy. I love it. UPDATE: It's been 3 days and my hair still isn't greasy or any greasier than had I used regular shampoo and conditioner. I'm curious to see if it's able to cleanse really greasy hair, because admittedly, my hair was relatively clean the first time I tried this. Will update. UPDATE: Tried this on really dirty and oily hair to see how it stood up and once again this product continues to absolutely amaze me. Admitedly, I did repeat after rinsing with a little more product to get a little lather (which is very very minimal) going and make sure it was clean. But with how amazing this makes my hair, I will pray, bow and do a little dance to this product in front of a large audience with no hesitation! Note: I do have Wen and Hair One on the way since I am a product junky and want to compare, but if those don't deliver, no loss, because this one's the cheapest of the 3! UPDATE: Way better than Hair One, at least for me. This is much more hydrating and I don't like the menthol in that. Going to try Wen now and I will update. UPDATE: Tried Wen and like it better simply because I think it does a better job of cleansing and conditioning. This is second to that for me, though.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2012 12:31:00 PM More reviews by dawny0826

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Green

This has become my favorite shampoo, but, I knew going into it that this is what my hair needed. I'm used to depositing conditioner and skipping washes as my hair is so dry, thick and curly. The concept of a conditioning cleanser clicked before I used the product. I can deposit a lot of conditioner without my hair looking greasy or weighed down.

On that note, I can certainly understand how this product will not work for other people. I imagine that people with oily scalps, fine hair or very healthy hair with good moisture balance may have trouble with this product, as it's heavily conditioner based.

I love the way it smells and think that it's reasonably priced. I use a variety of L'Oreal "Ever" products and they work very well for me.

My hair is softner, more moisturized and overall more mangeable and healthy.

As others have stated, I dislike having to pump out a lot of product for one washing.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2012 8:30:00 AM More reviews by GalileosDaughter

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a decent cleansing conditioner. My extremely dry, wavy hair felt clean, but only moderately conditioned after using it for a week. I'm not a fan of the vanilla-amber-spice smell that this and other argan oil products seem to have. It is a good price, though, if you want to try cleansing conditioners.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2012 1:19:00 AM More reviews by lotusgrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Absolutely wonderful for dry hair! My hair is very very fine, wavy, desert-dry and frizz-prone. I've tried all sorts of HE shampoos and none have left my hair as healthy as this. It is definitely a "cleansing conditioner" as they say and not a traditional shampoo. If your hair is oily or thick this may not be enough to clean it properly. When I use it my hair is incredibly soft and shiny and my waves look great. When I use it on my daughter's (healthy kid hair, not dry) hair it actually makes it look less shiny and dull. So be sure that you have the hair type for it before you buy.
The cons are the packaging. The pump is annoying as other reviewers have stated and I don't really care for the smell as I don't like foodie/bakery scented products. It is expensive for a drugstore shampoo but after shelling out for Pureology with negligible results this feels like a bargain. The bottle is pretty small - although mine lasts about 4 months because my hair needs washing only 3x per week.
It smooths my tangles and brings out my waves. It's soothing on my dry scalp as well. I took half a lippie off for the smell and packaging but this is a solid purchase and I will continue to buy. :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2012 8:59:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

So I can only compare to Hair One as I have not tried Wen. This product is ok. I have to use 40 pumps to thoroughly coat my hair. Smell is wonderful, last at least 24 hours. I wash my hair every 2nd or 3rd day. Works okay but I have to use so much of the product as compared to Hair One. So for a price standpoint, I wasn't gonna save a lot of money if I have to buy a bottle of this stuff every 2 weeks.

I have highlighted waist length hair, with dry ends. Fine strands but medium volume (if that makes sense) I would not recommended it on very long hair but shoulder length or shorter it should work out well.

UPDATE: I now have used Wen. This product is much thinner in consistency. I have to roughly use about a golf ball size of the product which is comparable to Wen. Works well, but not as great as Wen. I tend to use this on vacation as I don't want to siphon out my Wen. Good drugstore cleansing condition.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2012 2:00:00 PM More reviews by sweetliz312

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

bought this last night - i've been trying to get my hair back to a "healthier" state and thought i would give this a shot.
I have very thin, oily hair, and unfortunately this product did not work for me. Although it did technically clean my hair, it left it very dull and un-life like. My hair was not greasy, but my hair didnt feel "clean" i might just use this on the weekends or on days i know i might not be going out. I'll be sticking to my regular shampoo :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2012 3:34:00 AM More reviews by GlamDiva

I'm a fan of CO-washing, so got the EverCreme Cleansing Conditioner to try when it was on sale. Lots of pumps of product are required, but that's ok. Cleaned well, cleaned easily, didn't really lather at all (no problem), and rinsed out very easily. Detangled my very long hair well. Great! Two problems: 1) the strong fragrance that reminded me of a cheap version of Prada Candy, a sweet caramel-woody fragrance that goes into many products today. Not only do I not like the fragrance, it sticks around at least a full day after shampooing. 2) FULL of silicones that made my very long hair dry and extremely tangly as days wore on between shampoos.