July 31, 2014 | 1147 users online

Lips - L'Oreal - Colour Riche Balm

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2012 7:00:00 PM More reviews by cheeky

I love these so much, I have nourishing nude which has the nicest finish I have ever seen on any lipstick/balm/gloss, and caring coral. they are extremely sheer, which is perfect for me, but I can see how some people would be turned off by this. my sister bought both nourishing nude and rose elixir, and said she could see no difference on her lips. i have also tried the revlon lip butters,and really don't see much of a comparison. the lip butters give way more color payoff, and aren't half as moisturizing. The taste/scent is pretty bad, and the reason i am taking of a lippie. These are around 8.50 at my cvs which I think is kind of pricey, but I'd like to try them all out so I'll wait for a sale, or to get some more cvs extra bucks.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2012 5:26:00 PM More reviews by AmazingBella

i bought one in pink satin which appears to be a bright pink color. i put it on my lips and it did feel pretty moistrurizing but the pigmentation of this product is so bad that i just might as well use a clear chapstick. I'm really dissapointed in this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2012 7:34:00 AM More reviews by 1Bruce1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I first bought a few of these in the neutral shades, pink/rose/caramel comfort, and I was unimpressed, as they were soooo sheer they just looked like clear gloss on my lips (and my lips aren't super-pigmented or anything), though Caramel Comfort was a little better on that count. Just recently I discovered the plum one, and it's awesome. Still sheer, but it actually shows up and can be built up for a darker color. The shade is just lovely, a true plum on me, and I love that it goes on so smoothly without being gloppy or goopy. Feels like a moisturizing balm. This shade has reasonable staying power and fades to a subtle stain. Oh, and it smells good. Best lippie I've bought in quite a while!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2012 6:17:00 AM More reviews by Matillyrose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this balm in Tender Mauve.
I like the shade, it appears slightly mauve with a cool blue undertone on me and matches my complexion. It is really a lovely colour.
I found the balm itself easy to apply, it feels like a greasy lipgloss but I could feel gritty bits in it when I pressed my lips together.
I did not like the overwhelming smell and taste of the SPF, leaving a bitter aftertaste in my mouth.
This balm was quite drying on my lips and thankfully it doesn't stay on long because I was reaching for lip salve because my lips felt so dry.
I prefer Revlon Lip butters.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2012 11:28:00 PM More reviews by AmCam28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I own a Revlon Lip Butter, Fresh Sugar Rose, Clinique's Buttershine, and this. I like moisturizing lip colors a lot. This isn't as pigmented as Revlon, not as melty as Fresh and more moisturizing than Clinique. I was surprising that the Heavenly Berry is the exact same smell and color as one of the discontinued HIP jelly balms. I'm okay with this being a very similar formula in stick form, as it's very wearable.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2012 4:22:00 AM More reviews by prncss

I swear by Revlon Lip Butters (I'm on my 5th tube in 2 months ever since I discovered them), but I figured that I would give this a try after seeing the pretty shade on the model in the magazine ad. I went out and bought the exact shade on the model, Rose Elixir, expecting a light coral pink color. However, this went on virtually sheer. It made my lips slightly darker than they normally are but this deposits virtually no color (unlike the Revlon Lip Butters). I'm guessing the model has some sort of lip primer on underneath or naturally unpigmented lips.

Either way, I figured I could use this as a lip balm underneath lipstick but even as a lip balm, this dried out my lips. I like that the texture does not feel heavy, greasy or sticky. It has a nice light sheer texture. However, this does not moisturize my lips at all. I feel like I have to re-apply constantly and my lips still feel dry. Even as a lip balm, this does not work for me. I will be going back to the Revlon Lip Butters. It is a shame because the packaging is so pretty and high quality.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/31/2012 2:23:00 AM More reviews by lisamims1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

These are moisturizing and very pretty. However, L'Oreal has started using ingredients in their lipsticks and this balm that cause lip acne for me. (I'm not talking about coldsores, I'm talking about actual whiteheads.)

There is nothing else on the market that does that to me. I'm thinking it's an allergic reaction--but I wouldn't buy more than one to start.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2012 8:23:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

I liked the texture of this lip balm and the hint of colour it provided, however all the colours in this line turned out sheer on me except for the Caring Coral one (upon numerous applications) and the Berry one. The product itself overall was a nice concept but I could not stand the taste of this product. It was plastic-y and nauseating. For this reason alone I tossed it out. Waste of money. No repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2012 1:10:00 PM More reviews by eversojenny

I LOVE the color #118 Pink Satin. It gives your lips prettiest pop of pink. The packaging is gorgeous as well. Many people thought I was using an expensive lipstick! I love it so much I bought two! One to keep at home, and one to have in my purse's makeup bag (so I always have access to it). I've gotten many compliments. :)

One downside to this product is that sometimes, I find it to be greasy.

_____________
Pros:
- beautiful colors
- moisturizing
- beautiful packaging, looks expensive!
- contains SPF for some lip protection
- light scent
Cons:
- not a large selection of colors
- can feel greasy

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2012 12:59:00 PM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

It's hard to write a review on this because on one hand, I loooove the color (Tender Mauve), but that's about it. L'Oreal lip products have always left a bad taste in my mouth (literally) and I don't care for the scent or feel but man! This is such a pretty shade! It's a lavender-pinked mauve with a bit of a sheen. 2 good swipes for full color... but wait, that's where the fun stops. This lipstick disappears in an hour if you aren't talking, drinking or eating; less if you are. The texture is borderline gritty even though it seems to glide on, and the scent and taste are pure yuck. I can't compare it to the Revlon Lip Butters because those go on soooo smoothly and leave a stain. These aren't even in the same realm. Anyhow, I'm on the hunt for another product with the same color as Tender Mauve and none of the disappointment.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No