April 17, 2014 | 2029 users online

Foundations - Maybelline - Dream Nude Airfoam Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2012 2:23:00 PM More reviews by sweetfart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Maybelline and Revlon came out with these mousse/foam foundations, likely in attempt to dupe Elizabeth Arden's Flawless Finish Mousse which has been on the market for years. I used Arden's and I've also used my HG Diorskin Airflash aerosol as well as some airbrush compressor systems. I'm therefore kind of a junkie/expert on non-conventional foundations.

The theory behind foam foundation is a smart idea but not quite the best. Aerosol foundations are known for giving a flawless finish due to an even distribution that hits the skin, which no regular liquid foundation can mimick. Foam/mousse foundations are perhaps the next best thing, albeit still way subpar to aerosol/airbrush foundation. The bubbleyness popping on the skin and settling is what would set this apart from any normal liquid foundation. Plain old AIR would be incorporated as a tool for applying this, as you want the bubbles to fizzle down and distribute on the skin in attempt to achieve that airbrushed finish. You still have to buff it in though, which is why it's not quite comparable to real airbrush foundation.

In comparison to Elizabeth Arden's mousse, Maybelline's is clearly lower in quality. Maybelline's definitely comes out as more of a mousse and Arden's is more of a foam. Arden's seems to be "bubblier" and more carbonated (perhaps those are sulfates?). These bubbles help to achieve a more even finish. Maybelline's fizzes down to a soppy sheer liquidy finish. Very uneven. I feel like it defeats the purpose of being a foam. The coverage is very sheer, buildable to medium at most.

Oil control is very poor (2 hours before I became a grease slick, with finishing powder), and the immediate finish was shiny (you say dewy, I say shiney...tomayto, tomawto). This definitely settled into my pores and separated. Because it is so dewy, it does not cooperate well with powder, becoming a caked up mess.

The idea from Maybelline was clever, but still no cigar. As others have said, this is mostly gimmick. You're better of using a regular liquid foundation. Perhaps the only person I would see benefitting from this is someone with drier skin who simply needs sheer coverage and wants something to apply fast with their fingers. It would be a little less messy than a normal liquid foundation. But not for me.

BTW, I have to mention that any foundation that comes in a pressurized can like these is likely to have severe ingredients that irritate sensitive skin. Even though everyone breaks out differently, I can tell you that compressed cans often contain ingredients like alcohol, propane, butane, etc. It's just like aerosol hairspray.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2012 7:58:00 AM More reviews by macmuse

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Is very thin, but covers a little more than it looks like it would. What I didn't like is the ingredients—even though most traditional makeups aren't champs in this area, this one particularly was a red flag for me - propane, butane, etc. which I definitely don't want absorbing in my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/27/2012 8:29:00 PM More reviews by Softballandmakeup12

This foundation is ok it doesnt cover to well and the colour that i got made my face go orange i dont know if it was just that the colour of it was wrong or just the product but at the end of the day my face looked oily but not too bad and when you put it on it feels a little to heavy for my liking.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2012 8:09:00 PM More reviews by calexandraa12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Dream Nude AirFoam- 370 COCOA

Im happy this product is in my life. I use this every single day. It's super light, gives me the coverage I need. I don't have and breakouts with this foundation (I drink a shit load of water anyways). I don't understand why people have negative things to say, maybe I got lucky with the Cocoa. Love that it feels like nothings there. Amazing stuff :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2012 3:47:00 PM More reviews by Jandie

I bought this product while on a trip. My usual foundation was absurdly heavy, so I left the bottle at home. When I got to my destination, I went to the drugstore and looked for a product that was light enough for travel. I picked up the little canister and decided to try it. Turned out, this strange spray foam foundation was better than what I had been using before. It makes me skin look great, although sometimes the coverage can get a little splotchy. (That may be a problem with me not applying it evenly enough.) Anyhow, I have been using this foundation for well over a month, and I still like it a lot. It does seem to sting quite a bit if you get it in your eyes though. More so that other foundations.
Edit--I have been using this for several months now, and I still love it. I went up a shade, and now that the match is a little better, my skin really looks fantastic. The negative reviews here really surprise me. My skin looks great!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2012 10:25:00 AM More reviews by blairg22

Okay lets get started. so first when i bought this item, i was so excited because i heard such good things about it! so i tried it out and it had pretty good coverage. But then i started to break out, and i didn't think it was the foundation so i kept using it. but then my breakouts got worse. I had 7 days off of school because of hurricane sandy and didn't wear any makeup at all, and guess what, my skin cleared. whenever i use this foundation i break out. I have dry-normal skin and some acne. Also, i do not like the packaging. whenever i would use it, it would explode all over me. the price was ok, not too expensive for a drugstore foundation. I do not recommend this product AT all if you have acne or similar skin type to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2012 2:26:00 AM More reviews by kittenssecret

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Dream Nude Airfoam by Maybelline New York!
Comes in 12 Nude Perfect Shades
Light Coverage
SPF 16
Runs from $6-10 at drugstores and Ulta/Sephora
1.6 0Z
My shade: Porcelain Ivory. (Still shows up slightly orange for me but adjusts well)

Okay so just to give you a little back story on me I normally HATE foundation. Don't normally have time to apply it and most of the time just use a pressed powder. Cause that's all I really need, and normally all I can find to match my skin tone. But recently I needed something to even out skintone and redness for the becoming cold months. And I saw an advertisement on TV about this new "Light as air" foundation. And I'm just thinking so not true.

So I read a couple of reviews on it and decided to go to Ulta and pick it up with my $10 off any $10 purchase or more and get this for $0.07. Maybe a little more.
Got home, opened up the can and shook it up (BE SURE TO SHAKE UNTIL YOU FEEL IT BECOME FOAM LIKE OR IT WILL SPRAY OUT WHITE) and applied a small foam circle on to my hand and using my Elf foundation brush to apply it evenly. It sort of almost looked orange on me at first because I am super fair. I got the shade Porcelain Ivory. Lightest shade available in the Dream Nude Airfoam collection. This foundation also includes an SPF 16 which is great for that little bit of sun protection! And I thought sunblock = grease and oily, heavy foundation feel. WRONG. With in 5-6 minutes of letting it dry. I felt nothing! Not a thing on my face and my skin looked flawless and baby soft to the touch. I used my Mary-Kay Pressed Powder in 001 Ivory to set the foundation and to help it last. It lasted all night (Which I discontinued using because of my allergic reactions to Parabens and my MK powder contained them) It was a snap to remove with my nightly cleanser.

Defiantly will be re-purchasing!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Jaszio

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I believe I have this in natural beige? I spent about 20 minutes trying to find a perfect match foundation at shoppers drugmart! We tried all the high end but they were all way to pink and my skin is olive. Its very hard to find foundation its frusterating lol.. So this has a orange undertone to it.. Which is what the consultant called the yellow I wanted. I paid around 13$ I apply it with a wet sponge and it goes on sheer. It looks very natural and covers just enough. I prefer to look like I have no cover up on. I have cobination, sensitive skin with acne scars and this is what I will be using till its gone. I won't repurchase though as I will be on the search for something with a yellow undertone again. I shake it for 10 to 20 seconds, I find it sprays out when I'm rushing which is definately bothersome but If you slowly use the pump it won't do this... Also I read below it said to use an almond size dollop of the foam but I honestly use about a golf ball size. This weekend I was out of town and forgot my sponges so I used about a grape size with my finger and it was ok. I also tried this with a foundation brush and it was too much coverage for me, which isn't good because it isn't my exact shade but I prefer to always apply with a wet sponge.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/28/2012 10:24:00 PM More reviews by jessypop

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The consistency is sort of like shaving foam, but thinner, if that makes any sense. The coverage is way too light to do any good, and it's got a strange orange tint. Don't waste your money on this one.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2012 10:48:00 AM More reviews by Ruby950

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The only good thing about this product is the light weight feel it has. However it makes my skin look really oily and shiny that no amount of pressed powder can change, it doesn't cover any blemishes or imperfections and finally it just made me look really "made up" and fake looking - not a good look.