October 24, 2014 | 1708 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo - Tough as Taupe

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2013 11:15:00 AM More reviews by atlantagal123

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Perfect product! I'm 58 with a little crinkling on my upper lids. This matte cream goes on smooth as silk, blends well and stays on until you take it off! You can use your finger to blend it. It's my go-to product especially when in a hurry, and don't want to bother with eye shadow base and powders. LOVE IT!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by waffles85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Love it - Kind of a slate or cement-like color. I added a black (MAC Carbon) to the outer V and a shimmery silvery shade inner corner, and it was an easy smokey eye got so many compliments

If it helps at all, I have a demonstration of how I apply it while I talk about how I like it (split-screen style) on Youtube. Search wjmalique and MAC Drugstore Haul :)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2013 1:14:00 AM More reviews by beautycalls09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This wasn't taupe on me at all--more like a matte blue-gray. It applied really patchy and I couldn't get it to blend to save my life--it ended up flaking off like dry skin. I'll try it again with a primer under it, but this one's a fail.
I did buy this in Bad to the Bronze and the application is MUCH better, so maybe it's something to do with how matte this shade is.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 5:06:00 AM More reviews by ylingsbling

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Yes I love this!!!!!!! Its shows up gray-blue on me. Not taupe. So it was a surprise that its not tan. On olive asian skin, it is as close to a natural gray blue that is flattering. I have 3 of these tattoos, this is the only one I love! Its creamy and blends nicely! Beautiful look!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2013 10:30:00 PM More reviews by lca1987

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The product itself is really great... good consistency, easy to apply, and long lasting. I didn't like the color on me... it came off as more of a gray color than what I would consider taupe. If you're looking for a gray, then I would definitely recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2013 9:09:00 AM More reviews by kmg85

Surprisingly great drugstore product! These are very comparable to MACs paintpots. The only difference is that MACs blend a little better.
I only have the colour Tough as Taupe, but am planning on purchasing a brighter colour for summer.
I apply an eyeshadow primer underneath, because without it the product will crease...whereas the paintpots don't.
I like using Tough as Taupe all over the lid (I apply it with a synthetic shadow brush) then I apply MAC eyeshadows in Kid and Soft Brown into my crease. Then I apply MACs Dazzlelight into my innercorners and browbone. I have gotten lots of compliments on this look!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2013 11:57:00 AM More reviews by kgloverii

I'm super pale, and I'll be honest, this color, alone, on my eye, looks like someone punched me. A big bruised eye. BUT, I don't use it for the color, I use it as a base. I can load up any color on top of it (I love it under a shimmery pale pink), and my eyeshadow LASTS ALL DAY. It has lasted through swimming!! Go figure!
I have tried all of the primers. I loved Urban Decay, but this whips this primer 100%.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 11:34:00 AM More reviews by peachykeen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yet another rave review for this product. I've used MAC Paint Pots and the MUFE Aqua Creams, while this particular Color Tattoo isn't as creamy as those other products, for the price point and the color payoff, you really can't go wrong.

This is a matte color, and on some skin tones I can see why some may not like the look of it. It can look a bit ashy and flat.

I don't have oily lids, so I can use this without a primer and it will stay on 13++ hours and still look as good as it did in the morning after application.

I use MUFE make up remover to get rid of it - soak a cotton pad and let it sit on your eyelid for a few seconds before gently wiping it off. This stuff doesn't wipe off easily!

Thank you to those of you who said it was a great eyebrow filler - you were right, I usually use powder but that comes off so easily . This is a perfect color and lasts ages.

Would I buy again? Absolutely. In fact, I think I need more colors now.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2013 7:47:00 AM More reviews by waasp

The product dries out so fast and it's hard to control how much you pick up and it applies patchy and creases even with primer on very oily eyelids. Wouldn't purchase again. The colour is nothing like how it looks in the glass on your skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2013 9:49:00 PM More reviews by sabrinalovesmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I own a lot of these color tattoos and I have to say I love them! They are really good to be from the drug store!! I would tell anyone to give these a try!only 5 dollars at Walmart!