April 19, 2014 | 1753 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast 24 HR Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2012 8:25:00 PM More reviews by DesignerMel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara. I use it in black-brown. I have long lashes, that are very straight. I curl them with a Shu or Sephora curler before applying this mascara. I am very particular about mascaras and I have tried a lot of different ones. Usually, I can find one or two features I like, but more negatives than positives. This mascara performs better for me than any other I have tried, even after the tube is 2, or even 3, months old. It holds a curl, defines and separates my lashes, darkens, and volumizes. It's not overwhelming with adding volume, but perfect for every day. It never flakes or smudges. It keeps my lashes feeling soft and natural, and looks very close to the same at the end of the day as when I first put it on. I never get it all over my eye when applying, which happens with most big-brush mascaras for me. I used to use L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes, or splurge for Benefit Bad Gal, but both would flake by the end of the day, moreso the longer I had the tube.
Yes, this takes a bit more care to remove, but it's not as bad as (or drying like) waterproof. I use Neutrogena eye makeup remover on a cotton pad, and just hold it on my eye, and sweep down... It always removes all of the mascara without pulling my lashes out. You just have to be patient. For me, the work to remove it is worth it (it is a 24HR formula after all, you wouldn't want it too easily removed!). This is the reason it looks good all day and never flakes.
I have been using this mascara since it became available in Canada, and have tried a few others during this time, but nothing ever comes close. As long as they make it, I will continue to re-purchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/21/2012 8:39:00 PM More reviews by seaspray2242

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

After using up Lash Blast Fusion, I had high hopes for this mascara. Up until this point I fell in love with Covergirl's mascaras, and so did every girl in my school. This made my eyelashes feel like they were gonna snap off! It did make them have more volume, no length though. It dryed out my eyelashes quickly and hardly any was left by the school day had finished (which by the way, was only SIX hours, not twenty-four!). It isn't my least favourite mascara so far, succeeding only to Wet 'N' Wild's Mega Plump. The price is the same with all Covergirls mascara, about $7-$8 depending on what store you bought it from. I wouldn't buy it again or recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2012 12:06:00 PM More reviews by jbarela2

I have very fickle eyelashes. Most of the mascaras I have used in the past never last, ot flake off. There has been a couple that I have tired that worked better than the rest, but then they end up being discontinues. This is the first that I have love love loved! I do not use an eyelash curler as I hate the harsh curl it leaves, but with this mascara I will not ever need one. It holds my lahes up as if I did use a curler and do not droop all day. It does take a while to remove though even with babyoil. It does not say waterproof on the bottle, but it surley is! I can go swiming and still have beautiful lashes. Thanks Cover Girl! Please dont ever discontinue this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2012 6:38:00 PM More reviews by uhlicawu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i went in the store with the mindset to buy covergirl's lashblast original because it was one of my first mascaras and i remembered i really liked it as a preteen! but when i saw the black 24 hour, i was like okay, this sounds pretty good and it's not waterproof (i try to avoid waterproof mascaras because to me, it's just not worth the hassle.)
WRONG! first, it's so a waterproof mascara. it holds a curl pretty well (hence the two lippies) but that's about it. it doesn't really lengthen or thicken or add volume. and on top of that, after a week, it became impossible to take off.
one day, i put a little more on than normal and in the shower, i noticed a part of my eyelash was hurting alot whenever i touched it. so i used a makeup remover to wipe my eyes but it still hurt. then i realized a clump of mascara was there that wouldn't budge! i grabbed a cotton bud and olive oil and was literally there for 30 minutes trying to get the mascara off my eye. it hurt pretty bad and i thought my eyelashes were going to come off.
so in short, it was such a hassle to take off and is definitely waterproof despite it not saying so. and i could maybe excuse that if the results were amazing but they weren't. it didn't do squat except keep a curl pretty well.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2012 2:21:00 AM More reviews by Covergirl101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I probably would repurshase, but i might not. It was good, volumize, amazing, bu hard to take off! I used make-up wipes that still wouldnt do the trick, and it will smudge sometimes, not often, but when your swimming, Wouldn't clump, maybe once after alot of uses.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2012 1:48:00 AM More reviews by Umthisisawkward

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this on impulse the day of prom because the mascara I was using was running dangerously low and since I needed a new one I decided to try this one. The sales consultant said it would last the night and she was right. I applied it to my lashes and was instantly wowed. It added volume and length and didn't clump. It also separated my lashes while giving volume. When it rained during prom (we were on a dinner cruise) and basically had to run to the boat, this mascara didn't run or smudge or anything. It lasted dancing for an hour straight on a crowded dance floor. I love this mascara with all my heart

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2012 12:29:00 AM More reviews by missthing303

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

New HG. This is good stuff. Much prefer this to original Lash Blast WP. It lasts all day, even overnight, doesn't flake or fade until you take it off. The Black Brown shade is a dark espresso brown, whereas the regular Lash Blast Black Brown is just brown, not dark at all which I didn't like. The 24 Hour version is just right! Have alrady bought a few times

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2012 12:33:00 AM More reviews by jaymemarie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've always been a huge CG fan and this new lashblast might be my favorite yet!

The brush is the same as in every lashblast mascara- big and thick with lots of little rubber bristles. I bought the formula in the blackest shade and I love it! The mascara doesn't smudge or collect in my undereye (even on super hot summer days). I find that it lengthen, thickens, and holds my curl very well. It also doesn't smear too badly when it gets wet (so it is great for the pool).

The only downside to this product is the removal process. Like any long-wearing mascara, it's a pain to get off. I find that soft cotton pads and an oil-free liquid remover work best.

For anyone who needs a long-wearing mascara, Lash Blast 24 HR has my vote!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2012 12:21:00 AM More reviews by lovemakeup101

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great mascara! Holds your curl all day with minimal smudges. Only mascara out there that can hold your curl all day. No more having to curl, apply mascara, then curl again and risk pulling out some of your lashes when curling with mascara on. Once you curl your lashes with this mascara and then apply, it helps to fan out your lashes making them look so long, lushes and beautiful, best of all the curl stays all day! For those that say it's hard to remove, it is not with baby oil. Just soak a cotton pad with good old baby oil, let it sit on your lashes for a few seconds and swipe, it will come right off! The baby oil will also moisturize your lashes and help them grow! I have to agree, it was difficult to remove in the beginning, but then I realized that you can use baby oil, because that's what I use when I take off heavy eye makeup. Yes, ever since I've gotten this mascara, I have learned to use baby oil to remove it and my lashes have grown and become so much fuller!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2012 5:25:00 PM More reviews by AleeGabby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

New favorite mascara, right here!

Prior to trying this, my staple mascara was the regular CG lashblast mascara (orange tube). Don't get me wrong, there was nothing wrong with it, but when I went to the store to pick up a refill, all they had was the lashblast 24HR. So, in desperate need, I picked one up. I've only been using it for a week now, but it has definitely topped the regular lashblast for me! The packaging is the same and the formula is essentially the same to apply to your lashes, but the 24HR holds a curl soooo much better! I usually have to go through a routine of curling my lashes, applying mascara, and then recurling a few minutes later. Not so with this bad boy! The curl holds as you apply the mascara, and it continues to hold all day long. No flaking, smudging, irritation, etc.

The only major downside to this mascara is the fact that it is ridiculously hard to remove (thus, it only gets 4 of 5). Even when I'm armed with my cotton pads and make-up remover, it can be a bit of a battle to completely get off. Even so, it can be removed with a few extra minutes of soaking and scrubbing - think of it as a positive, if you will. This mascara doesn't advertise to be waterproof, but it definitely, definitely is (much better than the lashblast water resistant - that stuff comes off way to easily).

All in all, it's a great drugstore find. CG rarely disappoints me with their products, and this one is definitely a hit. It is a bit pricey for a drugstore mascara (I think I payed 10$ for mine), but for that price it dominates a lot of high end mascaras that I've tried. Jump on the CG band wagon!