August 23, 2014 | 1797 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED2

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2014 9:37:00 AM More reviews by zaynaz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I agonised over whether to get this or Naked1 (I actually ordered Naked1 on eBay but I got a $50 FAKE!), in the end what decided me was the packaging and Suspect, which I love. Plus I found out it is paraben free from the new formula, so that's good.

I am so, so glad I bought this palette. I've never really considered myself a 'neutrals' girl, I'm always drawn to the brightest and most vulgar shades, but I often find that with my taste in clothes and my hair, wearing bright makeup is just too much. Naked2 is great because the colours are almost all work safe and inoffensive but the shimmer and pigmentation mean that you can look very bold and glam without crossing over into drag queen territory (though you can certainly do that too).

My three favourite shades are Suspect, Half Baked and Snakebite. Suspect on the lid with Snakebite in the crease and on the lower lashline, is a look I return to often. I think this palette has a great range of shades, including a bright gold and a silver, and enough mattes that you could do at least a few all matte, conservative looks too. The black shade is richly pigmented and very blendable.

I like the brush and find it very usable, though it's not the very best blending brush out there. I prefer it to the eyeliners some UD palettes come with. I like the little lipgloss, and it makes me tempted to order more, but my list of UD stuff I want to buy is long enough already. It's very tingly and minty, though the plumping thing seems like a bit of a placebo effect.

My only complaints are that two of the shades contain glitter, which looks pretty in some looks, but inevitably leads to fallout and just seems a bit unnecessary in a palette like this. I don't mind it as much in YDK but I feel it ruins Chopper, which is an otherwise beautiful shade. I also find Verve to be a little 'flaky' though it doesn't contain glitter.

In the unlikely event I used this up I would definitely repurchase, it is a wonderful all in one palette.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2014 1:06:00 AM More reviews by jadyxo

I like this palette but I do kind of regret purchasing it because I only use the colors on the left hand side of it.. :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2014 1:52:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

Pistol, Verve, and YDK are HG for me in this palette. I bought Verve and YDK separate as well I love them so much. I also love Tease. The entire palette is gorgeous and very flattering on my NW20 skin. I love how cool - toned this palette is compared to the Naked 1. I have had this palette for over a year and it is by far my favorite palette, or was, until Naked 3 lol.

Being cool toned and very light I have trouble with Naked 1 and the bronzes. YDK is a cool bronze and looks so flattering. Verve is so unique, it's an oyster color and I still to this day have not found a dupe. The black in this palette is so black and matte, its very pretty and unique. Pistol is a great gunmetal color but lighter.

I love the look of Pistol and Verve together with the black. YDK with Booty Call and the black as well. So many combos in this palette that go from neutral to very smokey. This is darker than the Naked 3 btw for you cool-toned/fair people like me. This palette will not really give you that completely natural look like Naked 3 will. Hope this helps!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2013 4:48:00 PM More reviews by CravePink

I have wanted this palette FOREVER, but couldn't justify running out and spending $50+ on it when I buy most of my makeup from the drugstore (I know, I'm cheap). My husband purchased it for me for Christmas, finally, and I absolutely LOVE it.

I watched a ton of tutorials on youtube to figure out some good techniques and felt prepared once I was ready to wear.

I don't get a ton of fallout and I use the pat method instead of swiping/pulling the color across my lid. I don't know if that makes a difference for the people talking about tons of fallout. :/ It also helps to start with the eyes and apply the foundation afterwards.

I also haven't used an eyeshadow primer yet (still in the mail), but I haven't had any problems with the colors moving around on me! Usually I have raccoon eyes and look like a hot mess by 2pm, but this stuff isn't going anywhere!

Favorite Colors -
Half Baked & Chopper on lid
Bootycall & Foxy for highlight
Snakebite & Busted in crease and outer-v

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2013 6:26:00 AM More reviews by ammit1984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I won't go over the colours one by one again because you can find these anywhere on the internet by doing a search and most of the bloggers that i've read the reviews from have done a stellar job already! I will include MY personal comments on my faves though...

I didn't get on with the first naked palette too well, it wasn't a quality issue, all the eyeshadow palettes that I've seen and tested/used from UD are excellent quality and I would recommend one of the now 3 to pretty much anyone out there. I simply found it a little too warm for my liking, and some of the darker colours were just a little bit too much work for a swipe and go girl like me.
In every eyeshadow palette that I use, I look for how many dark colours there are because I'm simply not really that good at using them. I prefer light to medium colours on my eyes because they are easier to use for me - the Naked 2 palette has a brilliant selection for me and the best bit is that it isn't too warm either!
I have neutral but very pale skin, hazel eyes and dark hair, there isn't a single eyeshadow in Naked 2 that I don't absolutely love... from the super barely there like Foxy (which you can use all over your lid and brow bone as a base) to the super uber black like Blackout (perfect powder liner for pushing into the roots of lashes) - this palette was worth the money I paid for it...which when you think about it really wasn't that much at all for what you get.

Some of my personal comments on colours in the palette:

Foxy - very like Bobbi Browns "Bone" - you can just use this on days you don't want to bother and take it all the way up to under the brow. It's very versatile! Not sure how it would work on darker skin tones but for pale to medium it's awesome.

Bootycall - this is like a one stop shop highlighting/all over lid shadow, great for inner corners as well. On lazy days I do a wash of this with black liquid liner. :-)

Chopper - Very glittery and shimmery to use in the centre of the lid to add ooomph to any look! Used this on my friend at the work Christmas party and she asked me what colour it was the next day because she loved it so much. I love it too!

Tease - oh so pretty fawn/mauve coloured matte shadow. You can't go wrong with this one for a casual jeans day. Soooo pretty even my boyfriend commented on how nice it was!

Snakebite - shimmery dark copper colour, I thought this would be too much blended over my lids but it wasn't! For a subtle smoked out eye you could use this without looking like you'd been punched.

Blackout - I am scared of this one!! It's a matte black, verrryyy black. If you're awesome then you can use this as eyeshadow but i just use it as liner and it's great. Sooo pigmented and smooth.

For all other colours they are shimmer and satin mid toned colours that you can just pop on your eye with a slick of mascara and look pretty with... ALL beautiful - probably my fave is Verve because it's such an unusual colour! I'm not sure though...
Busted is the one I've kind of missed out, and at this point I've only used it to define my eyes... it's a really pretty darker colour.

Those are my comments on the Naked 2 palette, perfect for people who found the Naked palette to warm for them like I did, perfect for those who don't like to deal with too many dark colours because they're a bit scary. Perrffect for those who love to pick and choose their nudes depending on their mood that day. ;-)

Well done UD, you did a great job with this, I might check out the Naked 3 palette but i'm not sure how Rose will look on me... I'd recommend that one more for blue eyed girls, it looks amazing on Ruth Crilly from A Model Recommends blog. I doubt that will stop me though.... it looks very pretty.

I did once upon a time own the Bobbi Brown Nude shimmer eyeshadow palette, I used it to death but actually (sorry Bobbi), i think this might be a little bit better....(read, a lot).

If in doubt... buy it! You won't regret. x

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2013 5:03:00 AM More reviews by dodo4

Loving this palette!Great pigmentation and great range of colours!Sturdy packaging and travelling friendly!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 4:26:00 PM More reviews by Lisaachristine1

I love this pallette!! There are so many different combinations! One of my favorites!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 1:14:00 AM More reviews by deedrajean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

By far the best Christmas gift this year. I've been wanting this palette for ever and i finally got it. i love every color in this palette! the price really isnt THAT bad if you think of all the colors you get and the quality. and im sure this is gonna take a long time for me to get through so YAY im more than happy with it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2013 9:28:00 PM More reviews by mellymel11

Let me start off by saying that I love urban decay eye shadows. Especially these buttery smooth ones in the naked 2 palette. These taupe shimmery shades are easy to pull off for a casual work day to a night out.
It is definitely not the most budget friendly palette at $52 dollars but it includes a mini naked lipgloss and a dual ended brush. And my one huge gripe is that the shadows are not glued to the package correctly. My foxy dropped and smashed in the pieces on my hard tile floor.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 11:35:00 AM More reviews by Rubymm

I am so in love with this palette. I've mastered so many great looks and the quality of the eye shadows are just amazing! I love every single colour and it's defiantly worth the price!! At first I wasn't sure if I liked ydk eyeshadow because of the texture but once I used it on my eyes I loved it and all the colours compliment my blue/green eyes wonderfully!