November 27, 2014 | 1699 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2014 6:57:00 PM More reviews by heididilello

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Yes, this is very pricey, Luckly for me it was a gift from my amazing boyfriend :) Its DEFINITELY worth every penny you spend. The colors are so vibrant. They feel like butter and they dont sweat off they last all day. Its a perfect palette of colors for your day at the office or a more riskay night on the town. Whether your eyelids are oily or not, these shadows will stay put. I wear this everyday.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2014 2:08:00 PM More reviews by lexi3324

Yes, this is very pricey, but its DEFINITELY worth it. The colors are so vibrant and feel like butter. They are gorgeous colors that last all day. This is personally my favorite pallet because it has nudes and it has a few light pinks. I don't use an eyeshadow primer and they still last (I even have oily eyelids!). I wear this everyday and theres still plenty of product lef and I know it will last me years.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 2:48:00 PM More reviews by Katiedoggett123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE THIS. Urban Decay always has the best eye shadows. I use mine almost every day! I don't think I'll ever run out. All the colors are beautiful and would look good on just about anyone. For the price it is a little much but I love it and well worth the money. I always said I'd just stick with original naked palette but now I have the 2nd and the naked basics palette. If you're not wanting to buy every palette they come out with don't buy! If you do, then enjoy :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 1:17:00 PM More reviews by katyrenae16

This is my favorite naked pallet of all of them. The colors are so natural and I love every single one of them. I use this pallet basically everyday and I am just so in love with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2014 4:27:00 AM More reviews by prowl2000

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I think along the same line as many others that if you are the first timers, you should go for the Naked 1. If you have the Naked 1, you don't need this Naked 2, but you may go for the Naked 3. What I found it difficult to apply this palette is that despite my cool undertone, the grayish taupey colours are so hard to look good on Asian small Almond eyes (too bad and sad). The colours themselves are so nice. I particularly like verve and YdK on the inner lids. Anything farther than suspect are actually off limit for me (too dark). Strange is a really good matte highlighter.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 5:19:00 PM More reviews by merrittmollie

I'm usually a drugstore kind of girl, but I decided to splurge and get a NAKED palette. I knew I didn't really want the NAKED3 because I didn't feel like it would complement my blue eyes; so I was torn between the NAKED and NAKED2. I decided to go for the latter because the shaded somewhat beckoned me to them. At first, I wasn't too impressed. I felt like my wet n wild eye shadows were better quality. I kept on trucking on and now, I'm in LOVE with this palette! The shades are beautiful and the packaging is sturdy and strong! I gave it 4/5 for the price, and I will explain why (obviously lol). Normally, UD eyeshadows are $19, so 12 in one palette is a steal! All things considered, I still feel like $52 is extremely expensive for and eyeshadow palette, but I'm willing to spend that money for amazing eyeshadows. I hope to buy the original naked next, I hope it's just as good, if not better!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2014 10:49:00 PM More reviews by makeshiftrift

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love these naked palettes. They are not inexpensive but the color payoff is superb and last a long time. They take the guess work out of look bc they are so popular you can google each palette and see some one in any skin/hair/eye color comleting a look that will look glam as well as professional. Since they are so popular you can walk into any major department store and essentially "try before you buy". Love these palettes!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2014 8:37:00 PM More reviews by zerotic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm SO disappointed by this palette! Seriously! When this palette first came out forever ago, I didn't crave it that much and I didn't feel the urge to buy it. During the past few weeks I've really enjoyed "natural smokey eyes", and I looked at a 1000 different swatching photos of the colors in the Naked 2 palette, and a bird whispered in my ear and said that I should buy it, because this palette contained colors which aren't similar to some other eyeshadows in my collection... When it first arrived, the first impression were really good - the packaging is great and the mirror inside the palette is really good! I also swatched some of the shadows on the back of my hand and some of them felt really buttery. Some others - like Chopper and Tease, felt quite dry in my opinion.

I have played around with it now the last few days and I really regret buying it. The colors aren't unique at all, they're just like.. Any other shadows inside a natural eyeshadow palette. I also find them really hard to blend! I tried out the two darkest shades - Busted and Blackout - and THEY DID NOT BLEND! At all! I had to blend for like 5 minutes before they looked a tiny bit blended. Some of the shadows have a lot of fall out as well (CHOPPER!!!).... Beautiful colors, but hard to work with. I will still keep the palette though, because as I said - the colors are really pretty and with a good base, the lightest colors (like Chopper, Half Baked and so on) can work great on the lid - but as I said, with a REALLY good base. Without base - crap crap crap. All the reasons above is why I give this palette to lippies. Doesn't deserve more than that from me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 12:08:00 AM More reviews by Jimduhh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Packaging:
I really like the packaging of this palette in comparison to the first Naked. The metal case allows it to not get as dirty as the first one since it has a velvet coated case. I love the large mirror it comes with as well as the brush! The outside packaging of this is also very nice.

Price:
$50 might seem a lot, but I think that this palette is a good investment. It'll last you a long time and the colors don't disappoint.

Texture:
Just like any other eyeshadow

Smell:
None

Pros:
-Very pigmented, great color payoff
-Great packaging, comes with a mirror and brush
-Great variety of colors– you can easily make a daytime look and turn it into a night time look
-Little to no fallout
-Colors are very blendable

Cons:
-It is a bit pricey
-The lipgloss takes away from the eyeshadow

Impressions/comments:
I really like this palette. I've looked for dupes and no matter what brand, they don't compare to the quality of these eyeshadows. They're so easy to build up and blend out. Like every other shadow, you definitely need a primer. But, what I found to make the colors pop even more was to use an eye pencil before applying the shadows such as the NYX Jumbo Pencils. I honestly picked this palette over the Naked solely because of Blackout, but the other shades in the palette are also very wonderful. I love using Verve on the inner third of my eye, Blackout on my outer V, busted to blend that out into the crease, Foxy for my brow bone, Tease for my transition, and whatever color I choose for the lid, and it'll work no matter what! Blackout is also the perfect black eyeshadow to use to set your eyeliner. Or, you can even use it AS your liner! I just love this palette and I hope that those that are skeptical would buy this because it's soooo worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2014 5:48:00 PM More reviews by barbkeeg

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a beautiful palette but I wish it had more matte shades. It has a lot of high shimmer shades and as a fifty something I feel like its a little over the top.

That being said, these shadows look very pretty if you use a matte neutral shadow in the crease to soften things a little. I pulled out my old Bobbi Brown Nude on Nude shadow palette and have created some beautiful looks for my blue green eyes. So if you like Naked 2 but feel its a little too much for day wear, try adding some matte neutrals to tone things down. I used Cement with UD silver and grey yesterday and today I used Wheat with UD brown/taupe colors. Both looks are great. Enough shimmer to spark up your eyes but not over the top.