Queen Helene Oatmeal N' Honey Natural Facial Scrub

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Water, walnut shell powder, sodium lauryl sulfate, stearic acid, oatmeal honey, glyceryl stearate, stearyl alcohol, glycerin, kaolin, cocamidopropyl betaine, isopropyl myristate, dimethicone, triethanolamine, fragrance, carbomer 940, propylene glycol, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben and phenoxyethanol.

on 1/22/2010 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this product, so much that I never let myself run out of it. It's a gentle exfoliator that leaves your skin smooth and soft without irritating it. It makes a great body cleanser too. Even my husband loves it and uses it regularly.

on 1/14/2010 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

*** EDIT (2): I now use this once a week as a face scrub. It is the best I have ever used, but I have to be *really* careful not to let a *single* grain stay on my face. If there is any left, I will for sure break out there. It makes my skin look brighter, clearer and smoother for a day or two. It also helps my break outs clear up. I have used a lot of it, so I really hope I will be able to find this again once I run out. I might even buy some online if necessary, which is something I have never done for any beauty product.

*** EDIT: I tried using this to exfoliate my body just because it's a good product and I was so sad I couldn't use it on my face. I'm glad I did! This feels really good on my skin and I think it does a great job for that! :) Will definately repurchase if I can find it again, which I am not sure about because QH products are so damn rare where I live.

I'm so sad that this didn't work for me! :( Because it's indeed a very good scrub! The grainy particules aren't too rough and the smell is to die for. Unfortunately, the fragrance in this (which is very strong I must add) made me break out BADLY. Really, I mean... I used this three times in the same week, and two days in a row. That's the third time I used it that I got these results. I'm pretty sure that it's because I used it too often and I must have scrubbed a *little* too hard. And the fragrance definately was a problem for me because I had like 3 (yes 3!!) more pimples the next day - and I never saw those coming! So I figured I must have had an allergic reaction of some sort because my face had gotten really red and itchy after this third time I used it. So I'll probably reuse this when my face will be clear and healthy. I think it would be ok to use this about twice a week, just make sure you rub this really gently and don't let it sit on your skin for too long.

on 12/28/2009 6:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I would have never tried this product if it wasnt for all the great reviews! I went into Ulta yesterday to buy and then I started reading the ingrediences and noticed it has Fragrance in it.Its more towards the bottom so theres prob not alot but I wasnt so sure to buy it anymore speaking my skin is sensitive and thought I would have a reaction.
I decided to give it a try anyways and am so glad I did.I have only used it once but it made me skin so soft and got rid of all dry patches.The smell is nice but not over powering and the beads werent to rough,it didnt scratch at my skin.So far I am loving this stuff.I might buy again but next time I want to look for something fragrence free.I will update if I get a bad reaction.(lets hope not!)

on 12/15/2009 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Really great scrub. Smells delicious. Compare this to the St.Ives apricot scrub, the texture is just right. Does wonders on removing the dead skin cells to reveal smoother and softer skin. This is a must have!

on 12/6/2009 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

absolutely love this product! I heard that oatmeal is good for the skin. Not sure if it's an accurate knowledge that it is but any who I adore this product. While running the micro beads that are so small there almost invisible through my ugly skin I could feel the texture of it just goes on so smoothly. It smells lovely to me and it gives your skin that soft smooth touch. Love it. I try to use it once a week but sometimes I overdue it.

on 12/1/2009 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I will buy this 'till I'm 100 years old and kicking it in my rocker. This is the best scrub I have ever used. The exfoliant is much finer than the popular St. Ives apricot scrub, which makes for a much gentler wash, and I even have facial eczema. The price is super cheap for the quality, and this doesn't over dry either. You really can't go wrong with this!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This is a great scrub for winter- it isn't too harsh for sensitive skin (my oily skin gets really sensitive and dehydrated when it's cold out) but it scrubs off any dry flakes and refreshes my complexion. I also like that it leaves my skin feeling comfortable and moisturized instead of tight and dry like a lot of other scrubs. It's a great scrub and there's a lot of product for the price- just a little bit does the job. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who is looking for a scrub that doesn't dry your skin out and is easy on sensitive skin.

on 11/12/2009 10:07:00 PM

It does what it says, which is to exfoliate dead skin. I don't really like the smell, since i'm more of a citrus scent person, but hey I can't complain since it's oatmeal and HONEY.

I use it in the shower to exfoliate my face. I first put it on, scrub it all over my face gently, then leave it on my face and move on to washing my hair/washing my body. then i wash it off 5 minutes after.

My face feels really smooth and soft afterwards, it's crucial to put on moisturizer right after you use it. My concealer goes on sooooooo much smoother after exfoliating with this!

on 10/24/2009 8:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

this is a great scrub. i use both for my face/neck, and for my legs before i shave.

it is gentle enough to work a little around on my face and neck, and tough enough to get dead skin off my legs for a closer leg shave.

smells ok, very inexpensive.

on 9/30/2009 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

LOVE! i am so happy that i discovered this, thanks to MUA reviews and a lucky sighting in a beauty supply store. i have never been too obsessed with face scrubs, but of all the ones i've tried (St. Ives Apricot, Clean & Clear Blackhead Clearing Scrub, and a few others over the years) this is definitely my favorite. like some of the other reviewers have noted, this scrub has much, much finer granules than most and isn't too harsh on the skin. i'm currently using Tazorac so by the end of the day (especially if i've been wearing foundation) i have some dry peelies to get rid of and this does the trick without causing pain and discomfort to the sensitive skin. it smells great and rinses very clean which is nice seeing as how a lot of scrubs do leave behind a kind of film or slickness on the skin which i hate. i use this at the very end of my shower, after i've washed with my cleanser, and then i apply moisturizer as soon as soon as i've dried my face off and it sinks right in beautifully on my super smooth skin :D i've also been using this every night because i like it so much and it's so gentle that it hasn't been too much for my skin at all, although i massage it onto my face carefully so it isn't too abrasive. this is a great product and you can't beat the price ($2.99 for me!) so i will definitely repurchase.