August 1, 2014 | 984 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2014 5:25:00 PM More reviews by keiraellie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros:
+The formula is great. It feels light but provides great coverage.
+Doesn't flake on my drier areas
+Looks natural and pretty. Not cakey at all.
+The packaging (if it's not defective) is designed it so you use all the product
+Only about $10
+Works really well on the face to cover redness and blemishes

Cons:
-Sponge applicator. This is really the only way to put it on, and the sponge gets grungy. I don't like putting the sponge all over my nose then all over my face. It doesn't seem very sanitary. I don't have acne-prone skin but I can imagine that the dirty sponge can be an issue.
-Difficult to concentrate onto a zit due to the sponge. I wish I could just get the product straight so I can put it right where I want it.
-It is possible to get defective packaging. The packaging should press down to use all the product. However, mine leaks into the top chamber so half of the product is unaccessible. So I'm wasting a lot of product.
-Provides good coverage under my eyes. However, I'm stick looking for my HG under eye concealer for maximum coverage for special events.

Overall, this is a great concealer to cover-up blemishes and redness. I really like it and will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2014 3:54:00 AM More reviews by tayaferriss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've only tried this twice and I'm already in love! I've wanted to get this for a while after hearing all the raves about it on YouTube and I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I do. I'm 15 and I usually get about 3 hours of sleep on school nights which obviously is not enough so to say I look exhausted is an understatement and don't even get me started on the horrible dark rings under my eyes but as soon as I started wearing this, people started commenting about how I look a lot more awake and my eyes looked bright. This definitely erases my circles and lasts all day, I haven't noticed it creasing but then again I don't really have many creases under my eyes. Overall this is a great product. Definitely worth the $10!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 9:39:00 PM More reviews by Pamam13

My friends I have tried every single concealer out there and I keep coming back to this one. I have it all, extremely dry under eye area that's awesomely fine lined and this is the only concealer that has worked for me! It brightens and does sometimes work it's way into some of my lines but I find just blending it a little with my finger during the day helps that problem. Just try this and you'll love it.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2014 8:24:00 PM More reviews by bfish14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted to try this for a while because of the YouTube reviews. I finally caved and got it in the shade fair. I have very dark purple under eye circles that I wanted to cover up and since this is marketed as a dark circle corrector I thought it had a good chance of working for me. The packaging is a bit strange but I prefer applying my foundation with a sponge so this ended up working well in that aspect. The cons - the product is not very thick so I had to use a couple layers to get it to cover my circles and it looked cakey. I figured I would try it again later with a corrector first so I wouldn't need as much. But after just a few minutes after application, my eyes started watering and my under eyes were burning. I haven't had the courage to try it again because I'm afraid I might have the same bad reaction.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2014 4:56:00 PM More reviews by carlyalicia

I love this product. I have it in the shade "light" and it's really great for concealing and brightening up under the eye. It's an affordable price too. The only thing I would say is that when you turn the top to to get the product out sometimes it doesn't come out and other times it's too much. I also feel that the sponge applicator seems a little unsanitary. Other than that I really like it and will continue to use it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2014 2:49:00 PM More reviews by deluxeccf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

NC30ish (yellow/olive undertones) - using "Brightener" for highlighting and under eye.

I like this (on my second one) but I am always looking for something better for several reasons. First, texture is thin - I have to layer quite a bit to get a "brightening" effect. Second, price is oddly absurd for drugstore. It is $8.99 at Target; about $3 or $4 more than their Fit Me Concealer which I feel has higher coverage and better packaging.

On the upside, this is nice for highlighting the face (under eyes, cheek bones, forehead, down the nose, chin) and I actually like the packaging for this purpose. I blend it all in with a flat top brush. Lasting power for the undereye leaves much to be desired - I do have to reapply throughout the day. No noticeable settling into wrinkles or fine lines that I can tell.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2014 2:20:00 PM More reviews by fabulyss

I have the "brightener" which really should have its own separate reviews. It's a cool-toned pale pale pale pinkish color (I can't imagine anyone darker than 'pale' using this effectively).

First off, applying a brightener to the under eye area requires the utmost precision (you only want to "brighten" the dark circle, if you apply this to the bags or surrounding areas it will only highlight them). Because of this, the big sponge applicator isn't ideal. I find that when I do attempt to use this under my eyes it does indeed brighten the area but if I'm not careful it can be too bright, too obvious, and too cakey - like a reverse raccoon eye.

What I LOVE using this product for, however, is along the cheekbone, temples, and brow bone as a matte highlighter. It does an excellent job of "bringing forward" the area it's applied to. Again, this would only work if you're super pale to begin with. I would be probably like this product a lot more for undereyes if it had an applicator like Armani High Precision Retouch, but for now I'll continue to use it for cheekbones!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 1:14:00 PM More reviews by KJette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have this product in the shade 'Neutralizer' and I really do love it. I'm fair skinned with yellow undertones and I have always had terrible under eye circles. After seeing good reviews on YouTube, I went ahead and bought this. I'm so happy I did!

First of all, yes, the packaging is a bit strange to look at, and strange to use. However, though the sponge tip sketches me out in terms of hygiene, it does a fantastic job of evenly distributing the product. I have had it for a month or so and haven't had any issues with pieces breaking (knock on wood!)

This yellow tones in this concealer are great for battling dark circles. I want to say though that if you have really stubborn dark circles like me, this concealer may not 'erase' everything, nor should you expect it to. This product does a fantastic job of neutralizing and brightening the darkness in that area, and gives my little Dream Lumi concealer wand a fighting chance to actually cover the remaining hints of darkness. Together, they work wonders.

I understand that many people want one product that can do it all, and maybe that is realistic if your dark circles aren't too bad. However, with the circles I have I know that it may always be a two-step process (or more) to cover them up. I will keep an eye out for something that can 'do it all', but as it stands, I love this product and appreciate what it does.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2014 4:16:00 PM More reviews by beddy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Ive been looking for an on the go undereye concealer and this one is a great find. This product is watery and blends great. Ive had it on for about 5 hours today and it still looks good, not as great as when i had jst put it on but staying power is not bad. I wouldnt mind reapplying this since the tube and sponge is so easy to jst carry and apply in the car or on the go without a brush or dipping ur hands in a pot. Its not as moisterizing as i hoped but the moisture the easier product will slide off my face i suppose. I have this in light i am a nc20 in mac

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2014 2:38:00 PM More reviews by Playmate143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for over a month now, after all the raves on Youtube of this being a "must have" drugstore product, I caved and bought it, it was about $9.99 at the drugstore, It has a sponge tip applicator which can be good or bad, it's good because it applies the product where you want it, but it can be very easy to use too much because of the pen like clicking you have to do to dispense product. I'm not crazy about this product at all.

The first time I used it I didn't set it with powder and I swear half an hour later it was settling in and caking under my eyes ( I don't really use it for anything else, other than under eyes and nose area). When I did set it with powder, after a few hours it still didn't look that great at all, I don't have heavy bags or dark under eye circles but I feel like this product made my under eye area worse than it was to begin with, I have combo skin, and under my eye area tends to be dry, and this product emphazied my dryness even more which is not a good look.

I don't like to give up on a product too quickly, because I wanted it to work for me, but I don't like letting a $10 product go to waste and just sit in my makeup bag either, so I will probably try to find other ways to use it, and use it from time to time, but it's not a product I'm a fan of at all, and I definetly won't be re-purchasing it unless I can get it to work for me. Will update if that miracle happens (Insert hopeful face here)