April 16, 2014 | 1433 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2013 11:20:00 AM More reviews by Kittenwhiskas

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Never thought I would say this about a drug store brand, but this is the BEST concealer I have ever used. Its right up there (if not better!) in terms of overall finish, lasting power and coverage with the HG concealers I have used in the past (NARS, Christian Dior to name a couple). Its so creamy, feels comfortable on the skin, provides excellent coverage and rarely creases for me. I can't believe how good this is.

Only issue is the packaging is unhygienic, so to get around that, I rip the sponge off and twist/transfer the product out into a small travel jar with a tight lid. I use a brush for this and then blend out using my fingers.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2013 11:26:00 PM More reviews by malinpho

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product is pretty good in terms of coverage but I just don't like the finish. It's a little too dry for my taste. But, I still don't mind using it so after I finish I'll be trying new under eye concealers (hopefully NARS).

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2013 9:32:00 PM More reviews by nilapeela

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is an amazing product! It lasts the whole day without a primer or setting powder. The shade medium suits my skin tone perfectly and it looks so natural and doesn't cress under my eyes! And I also use this on my blemishes and it works just fine for it!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2013 5:24:00 PM More reviews by MollyDickson

Excellent value for the money though the packaging is horrible and unsanitary ( gross sponge tip) in my opinion. I was so excited to try this given all the rave reviews but it took be a few tries to figure out how to optimally use this product particularly the pink brightener. I am typically NC 30 in MAC. the brightener shade is too white looking worn alone BUT works great when layered under one of the skin tones. Medium looks dark but is the right shade. The Neutralizer (? Neutral I forgot exactly since I returned) shade is too light. Medium is much better.ive also been able to use this shade as a face concealer in a pinch. I Also use and love Benefits Erase Paste in medium tone The maybelline will be used in my everyday makeup case as the cheap dupe that I don't mind losing. worth trying esp if you wait for one of those but one get 50% off promotions at the drugstore.

UPDATE:

I've gotten over the gross sponge tip issue by swabbing it with an alcohol wipe (the kind used for injections. I bought a whole box Inexpensively at the drug store). The little sponge tip is proving more useful than I would like to admit much to my chagrin. It helps with application when you don't have makeup brushes and it allows you to spread a fairly thin layer over a wide area in one swoop.

The brightening shade is still great layered with the medium as my under eye concealing shade but I realized I could use it solo as my highlight shade when contouring. Same goes for the lighter Neutral shade which I stupidly returned.

These little cylinder containers fit well in my make up bag (vs pots) and I'm finding them more useful and convenient than I thought I would. The formulations are also continuing to live up to the hype with respect to smoothness, blendability, no creasing and decent coverage with no cakiness.

I try to avoid brands which animal test and I'm still unclear if maybelline does(I think they do?) so that would really be the only other negative I can think of thus far.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2013 11:44:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I got this awhile back and was convinced it worked. Sadly it does barely what it says and I have better concealer for less. The one thing that makes this rating so low is the fact I just realized it is this product that has been causing the red irritation under my eyes.

Something in it makes my eyes burn and underneath then burn right as I apply it. I noticed it before each time and figured I was just irritated in general, but no, its this. It only happens with this product. At the end of the day my under eyes are reddish and tender.

I am never that sensitive to products, so this really surprises me. I have no idea what is in it, but I am worried now.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2013 7:33:00 PM More reviews by Bunnylopez

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a wonderful concealer. It's very creamy and blends well. My skin is dry and this never looks cakey. I use it on my t zone and jawline. I highly recommend this!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/9/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by erbivore

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This concealer is weak because it has very little staying power. I have very dark circles and I find the coverage too sheer for my liking. It is, however, moisturizing. I have it in medium which is fine for NC30, but not for my purple half-moons. I also have the brightener and that might be the superior product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2013 1:33:00 PM More reviews by Rsanzio

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is magic, better than anything I've found at any price for color CORRECTION. It works amazingly well with other products to achieve excellent COVERAGE but a lot of the negative reviews seem to be based on expectations that it will do things it wasn't designed for.

Things to know to make the most of Age Rewind:

1) The peach color makes it perfect for color correcting the purple of dark circles (rather than yellow). It's thin, light texture changes the COLOR of the circles without adding an extra gloopy layer under your eyes.

2). My lids are purple too so it works well above the eye for this purpose as well.

3). It may not, however, be heavy enough to CONCEAL the darkness of circles. In which case, you use a CONCEALER over it that is a shade lighter than your foundation. But if you don't color CORRECT first, the amount of CONCEALER you will need to cover your circles can make it appear cakey and thick. Ironically two thin layers together give better coverage with much less product than concealer alone. I like Marc Jacobs new concealer.

4). If you are prone to creasing you will need to set it with very fine powder. People with oily skin would do well to use Wayne Goss's tissue absorption technique first; those with dry skin will need to insure properly hydrated skin. Nothing you can do with cosmetics can make those issues go away. I use Tarte's smooth operator to set my concealer, better than any powder I've found.

5). If your makeup is disappearing in a few hours try fixing it first. I know UD has a makeup finishing spray but I haven't tried it. I use Ben Nye final seal. Cheap and works really well.

I use a Shiseido primer first but YMMV. And I always check my makeup in bright light to make sure it looks as sheer as possible. It takes some practice to get it right but it's worth the effort.

In short, if you use Age Rewind concealer properly, it will not let you down. But in many cases it can't handle the entire lift on its own.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2013 8:39:00 PM More reviews by GacktCamui

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am surprised at how much I like this concealer. I have it in Light, which is on the yellow toned side, for my NC25/C3 skin tone. The consistency is nice, blends out well, and does a decent job of covering my undereye circles. It doesn't crease on me and lasts well enough on my oily skin. Not HG, but I'd repurchase this if I was in a pinch.

The applicator puff thingie is okay. I don't hate it, but I hear people rip if off and get better results that way. I think the puff thingie is kind of gross and not very hygienic.

The first time I tried to use it, I had to turn the pen like one billion times. It's really hard to tell when product is coming out. Once you get the product flowing then it doesn't take quite so many clicks.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2013 3:53:00 AM More reviews by NightAng3l

I like the consistency of this product. Light and easily spreadable. The shade (pinky one) is good for covering the blue undertone of undereye circles. I wish the packaging was better! I can't get a feel for how much product comes out in the fluffy sponge head and I have to keep dabbing my eye until the product is out (you cant see it come out, if you do it means you have winded way too much product out). This should come in a pen or a doe foot applicator instead. Nevertheless I like how it looks like I will be able to use the whole product up due to the mechanism inside the tube. I will find out when I run out :) I would repurchase.