September 30, 2014 | 2036 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter - Pink Truffle

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2013 12:33:00 PM More reviews by rhody

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I normally wouldn't write a review of a product that I'm so blah about. But there are so many great reviews for this that I feel it would be useful to add my views. In my mind, this lipstick is absolutely nothing special. I do NOT understand the hype. The texture is nice (like all of the Revlon lip butters) and I really appreciate that there is no shimmer or glitter. However, the colour is neither here nor there. And I don't mean it's a fabulous neutral - no, I mean that it's kind of pink, kind of brown, but overall kind of blah. It actually reminds me of some of the 1990s brownish lipsticks. It's not hideous, but when I put it on I feel it does nothing to liven up my face. It's just meh. Also, I find that this smears really easily and smudges past my lip lines. For a lip butter (ie a product that's supposed to be easy to wear) I don't think I should have to use lip liner or lip primer to keep this from sliding around.

Honestly, there are MUCH better neutrals out there. I really think this is an overhyped product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2013 11:26:00 AM More reviews by Melavia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I decide to give it a try after reading so many good reviews here and I have to say I am glad I did.

The quality of this stays on par with other lip butters I have. What truly stands out is it's color. It is a great MLBB color and I can see myself wearing it everyday.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2013 7:58:00 PM More reviews by MadameDesu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I love this and all the other lip butters. This turned out to be a great MLBB shade. Right smack between lipstick and lip balm.
The Revlon Lip Butters are. Perfect marriage.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2013 7:53:00 PM More reviews by NARSnerd

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is most certainly my favourite lip butter, the texture on the lips is wonderful, not too slippery and not drying at all. The colour is a very easy to wear MLBB shade and is suitable for any eye look. And the packaging is adorable to boot! Do not under estimate the versatility of a great MLBB shade to have in your collection!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by nicolem100

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is an amazing color and an amazing lip butter. It has such a smooth and soft application and it has a creamy finish, not shiny or glassy. I have other revlon lip butters in other colors, but this one looks best on me. I have medium skin, very dark brown hair and very dark eyes, overall dark features. I have very pigmented lips to begin with, so this comes out as a sort of dusty, mute pink on me, not at all peach like the others have written. I feel that the name description fits very well, its a bit of a browned pink. I've been looking forever for a color like this, very natural! I highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2013 10:44:00 AM More reviews by misroule

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love love love this product. I wear it almost every day. I'm a pale red head without much pigment to my lips, so I feel naked and washed out without a bit of color. This stuff gives me a perfect rosey nude pout, slightly shiny and shimmery. I love the creamy texture too. Not a huge fan of the packaging as mentioned in my review for tutti frutti, but other than that this product is perfection. I bet this shade would look good on most everybody.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2013 9:07:00 PM More reviews by MissRiss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Where is the pink in Pink Truffle? I was so excited to try it but when I saw the tube the color scared me a little. I still decided to buy it and when I put it on, wow, I had a nice peachy orange-ish color! I do tend to pull peach/orange in alot of lipsticks so I should have known by the tube that this would too. Just couldn't find any pink whatsoever. I also found it to be creamy when first applied but dries up my lips big time. I'll keep it in case I need it for some outfit but I won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Emma93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love it. That's what I've been looking for for literally years. The perfect nude, not corpse-like, not too pink, not too peachy, not too brown. Perfect.
And creamy, not drying.
If you want a long wearing lipstick, that might not be for you, but that's not what I'm necessarily looking for.
But for its creaminess, I'm quite surprised how long wearing it is. Of course it's not going to last hours and hours, but as long as you don't drink or eat anything, it will stay on.
I can absolutely recommend this product, but colorwise, because on me it's a nude, it won't work for everyone, obviously. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 3:33:00 PM More reviews by alcMD2peds

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an awesome product for the money. I recently also bought a Clinique Chubby stick and found it very drying, so I returned it and happend to find this at Target the same day. I love it!! It is a very pretty and natural nude-pink color that is so easy to wear. The formula is so smooth, shiny and moisturizing and does not dry my lips out. Not long-wearing, but so easy and foolproof to apply that I don't mind.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Blushaholiclove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

now this bad boy right here .. is my absolutely favorite lippie EVER. it goes on my lips so smooth and soft and just gives them the right amount of color. im so upset with myself i caught this for a steal for 2.00$ and only purchased 1. it kind of hurts to have to replace it knowing that ill most likely have to spend the 8$ that it costs at regular price . hopefully i come across a coupon or sale