April 20, 2014 | 930 users online

Pressed Powders - New York Color - Pressed Translucent Powder

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2010 1:24:00 AM More reviews by punkrockzoie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've repurchased probably 3 or 4 times. Love this stuff! Better than Revlon's Colorstay powder, not to mention several dollars cheaper. I paid less than 3 bucks at target.
This stuff is great as a setting powder, and to mattify my face when it gets oily.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2010 8:54:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The packaging really sucks as it looks and feels cheap, plus the applicator sponge provided is a joke (I totally tossed that out and purchased a 3 pack of powder sponges at Walmart for $2), but the actual powder inside is really good. It is finely milled, blends easily, and does a great job of keeping my T-zone in check. This powder doesn't oxidize nor change the colour of my foundation. I have been using it for the last month at it preforms as well as MAC Blot powder (which was my HG for years). I paid $2.67 for the powder compact plus the additional cost of puffs for $2. Highly recommend!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2010 3:53:00 PM More reviews by murphy817

I bought this powder on a desperate mission to cheaply replace my MAC blot that I shattered to pieces. I am very happy with this purchase so far. I like the consistency, it is smooth and keeps my oily t zone at bay for hours. I, however, don't particularly like the packaging of this product. Also, the sponge puff is worthless. I would advise people to purchase a powder puff and store in compact. But, eventhough I dislike the packaging, I can't complain since this powder does the job and I got it for only $1.99! I will always keep this powder in my bag so when I drop my bag, I won't have a fit when it shatters. Also, I have product sensitive skin and I didn't break out yet. *Fingers Crossed*

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2009 7:13:00 PM More reviews by lilaleahg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

For starters I am very, very pale. I'm like an Edward Cullen look-a-like in terms of paleness.

This powder is great. It helps set my liquid foundation for hours on end. It even helps cover up my acne.

HOWEVER....one thing that this powder did not help was my paleness. As many of the reviewers have already stated, pale/fair light skinned people like myself shouldn't use this product. It makes your face really powdery. The powder particles stand out against your light-colored skin, making it visible.

I tried everything to avoid the powdery-look. I'd clean my puff pad, I'd apply it in a circular motion like a translucent gothic version of blush, I'd crush it up and use it as a form of loose powder, I'd do just about EVERYTHING possible.

And did any of it work?

Noooo....

If not for the powdery look, I'd still use this product as a face powder.

On a positive note, I still use this to help set my eyeshadow. It works everytime. It's just saddening that I can't use this stuff to its full potential, but for just $1.99, who the hell can complain? continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2009 1:45:00 PM More reviews by tiny101

I've actually been searching for a good blotting powder (with a decent price) for a long time. I have used a couple of drugstore ones (i.e. Maybelline's Dream Matte Powder) and MAC's blot powder as well, but this one by NYC surpasses them all.

[ PROS ] - controls oil very well (blot once, and it lasts all day); is actually translucent on my skin; does not look chalky; finely milled so it does not accentuate my pores; does not break me out; great price

[ CONS ] - packaging is flimsy -- does not close properly with the sponge/puff inside

I think that the packaging issue is not really a great one, as I've been using it for a few months now and it's still intact =) I would definintely repurchase this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2009 1:20:00 PM More reviews by Astarael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I used to love this. Not bad for a DS powder, but I have since moved on to MAC Blot powder which I like way better.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2009 7:49:00 PM More reviews by lexilou712

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Okay so I've had this powder for quite some time now. This powder is fantastic but it would be so much better if N.Y.C. came out with some more SHADES! I've only seen one, two at the most different shades and both are for lighter skin tones. So this is a fairly light for me but I still use it for my under eyes sometimes and it works pretty well. As many have said, the packaging is very cheap but it still holds. Mine hasn't broken yet and neither has the powder. And if N.Y.C. changed the packaging to be a bit more cuter, added a few different shades, then this product would be fantastic!

Lexi

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2009 7:23:00 PM More reviews by Cutekitti

I love this pressed powder compact! I dont use it to set my makeup but I keep it in my purse to touch up my nose if it starts to look shiny. I'm fair skinned so it works perfectly. It isnt competely translucent so it may not work the best on darker skin. I probably will never run out of this stuff but if I break it or loose it, I would totally rebuy

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2009 7:22:00 PM More reviews by dollief

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

OK, OK, yes, the packaging is extremely cheap, but what do you expect for $2.99? The CONTENTS of the package are what it's all about, and they are wonderful! Translucent is a perfect match for my PPP Ivory skin. Mattes my foundation out nicely without looking in the LEAST powdery and chalky, and sets concealer around my eyes invisibly. No coverage, but that is not the function of this product. I use a latex wedge for application and chuck the cheap sponge it comes with. Excellent bargain product. Will repurchase again and again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2009 3:37:00 PM More reviews by susjs

If this worked half as well for me as it has for others, I'd be thrilled to recommend it at only 2.99 - unfortunately, this was a complete tosser. Others have already commented on the cheap packaging so I won't bother - except to say my expectations were managed by the price. My all-time favorite is MAC blot, in medium-dark. [It has little to no colour payoff and runs very light.] NYC pressed in Translucent wasn't in the same league as Blot - it sat on top of my skin leaving a dusty, white-ish powder finish that looked like I'd set my face with baby powder. Very unimpressive. I didn't wear it long enough to test for shine control because the finish was just so chalky and unattractive on me. Oh well, sorry to drag down the high ratings but I really can't find any redeeming qualities in this.