Essence Gel Eyeliner in Midnight In Paris 01

4.6

ISODODECANE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, PARAFFIN, MICA, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES), CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE).

on 7/16/2013 6:15:00 PM

I've literally used this almost every day for a year, and I still haven't finished it. This eyeliner is absolutely fantastic. Very creamy, and easy to work with, dries fairly quickly, doesn't budge once you apply. It also helps that it's dirt cheap (I think I bought it for three to four dollars at Ulta). I seriously love this stuff, and would definitely repurchase!

on 7/14/2013 1:39:00 PM

For the price this is a gem but I am reviewing based on the quality of the product itself. The color is black but transparent when applied so it takes a couple of times going back over the line to get a true black. This is problematic since the formula doesn't dry fast, it takes about 45-60 seconds to dry well enough for me to totally open my eye without getting any transfer and then moving to the other eye. This coupled with the sheerness of color makes applying my eyeliner a good 8-10 minute job and I just can't afford to spend that amount of time on a regular workday morning. Since money isn't the issue, I will gladly pay more to get a good, high pigmented eyeliner that will achieve what I want with a single application and faster dry time. For those that want a sheer line to give their eyelashes more fullness, then this would work great.

on 7/14/2013 2:50:00 AM

Love it except it is not completely waterproof. My eyes tear a lot at the corners so when I wing my liner, it can tend to disappear, but other than that, very black, doesn't dry out quick, affordable, and long lasting except for the non waterproof factor :)

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely LOVE this gel eyeliner. i have two all time favorite gel/cream eyeliners, and this is one of them (the other is the wet 'n' wild one). the product is so creamy, you could probably dip your brush in all the way to the bottom of the jar. it is so smooth, and dries nicely without any clumps. it also dries pretty fast. it gives a very even application, and has fantastic staying power. it has never smudged on me (except when im a klutz and touch it while it is still drying). i dont think that it's completely waterproof, because when i tested it on my hand with water and i touched it, it did smear a bit. but if you just accidentally get water on your face and dont touch your eyes it should be fine. it is so pigmented and black, one of the blackest eyeliners ive used. i've had it for a couple of months now and there are no signs of drying out. the glass jar is sturdy, but i question the plastic cap sometimes because it might make it dry out sooner. I heard that they are planning to discontinue this product, so i'm definitely going to pick up more when i find it at ulta.

on 7/6/2013 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love and adore this stuff! When it's a 120* outside and you want a cat eye you better not walk but run for this! There is a ton of product for only $4. It is soo silky and buttery when it first comes out making it super easy to use but it dries and sets so smudge and budge proof. I will never use any thing else for a cat eye! By the way I have super oily skin that makes all my other products have half the staying power but this stays put.

on 7/2/2013 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Meh. I wish I could love this, but my stupid crazy oily make this smudge like crazy. :( the price is amazing and it's super creamy and great until a hour later. :(

on 6/24/2013 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Being an Asian with monolids that can never work with eyeliners on the waterline, I bought this one with very high hopes. It's a good product that I would buy again, but it definitely fades and smudges on my outer lash line and sometimes on the inner lash line. If you don't have monolids, maybe you can wear this eyeliner on the waterline with no problem, but I was disappointed. It gets points for the best eyeliner I've used, though.

on 6/23/2013 9:35:00 AM

I love this product! It's amazing how much of a dramatic effect it can give and also manage to stay on all day long! I find using this better than a liquid liner because you have more control when applying it. I will definitely be buying this again!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

My HG gel eyeliner, easily. This beats MAC Fluidliner by a longshot. I couldn't tell you how many gel liners I've tried, but this one I've got nothing but mad love for.

C$4.51 price tag after tax, wears all day, applies super easily and smooth, jet black colour, and hasn't dried out within a couple months--what's not to love? Who cares if the packaging isn't pretty, it does the job. I hope they never discontinue this or raise the price... but even if they did, it'd still be worth it. Couldn't recommend this enough.

on 6/19/2013 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been using this for months and realized that this is only just okay. In the beginning, I did love it. In terms of pigmentation and texture, it's easily on par with MAC. It didn't dry out for months (provided you tightly closed the jar and stored it upside down). However:

- Even when before it dried out, when I did a winged line, it still would transfer to the bottom corner of my lid throughout the day. I had to touch up with my felt tip liner and q-tips kept in my mu bag.

- It faded, even more so now that it's drier. Again, more touch up with liner. Barely 4 hours after applying and it begins to fade on me.

So I don't know, I guess for the price ($3.50 at Ulta), it was good, for a few months. But I don't like half a jar being wasted because it no longer performs well, even when it cost $3.50.

Top Rated Essence Products