September 17, 2014 | 1830 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2012 1:25:00 AM More reviews by Melloney

Excellent ! Better than Vitalumiere Aqua for those over 40 .
I use 20 Clair and it really makes a difference. Luminous coverage, does not settle into fine lines ,evens out skin tone . Great texture- extremely easy to smooth into skin manually - actually makes applying foundation a pleasure. I love it .
I have also tried 40 Beige but it's a little too tanned for my skin .
For those looking for radiance - this is better than Vitalumiere Aqua - a slightly heavier coverage but still very light and airy . I prefer Vitalumiere over the Aqua version .

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2012 9:38:00 AM More reviews by christinet123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Being a naturally tanned asian with a yellow undertone, I have a really, really hard time finding foundations that match me. Drug store foundations always look too pink and even SA in department stores have trouble matching me. I have tried MAC, Smashbox, Shisheido and Clinique but none have come as close as Vitalumiere. I love the dewy look, and it goes on easily and makes my skin look flawless, but I don't have any blemishes really, just a few sun spots here and there. Just for reference, I wear 40 Beige (so I'm pretty tanned :P)

rated 1 of 5 on 8/23/2012 2:20:00 AM More reviews by Emma432

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was so exctied to vist the chanel counter in bindi junction sydney as it is a dedictaed chanel flagship store. Id done my research and had a ist of chanel products i wanted to purchase. First off the customer service was appaling there were staff eating at makeup counters and having rather inappropriate conversations. The SA insisted i try on the products he wanted and completely disregarded my requests for the foundation id like to try. However i thought as he was the expert i would go along, that was a mistake the foundation looked caked on and was the wrong colour match when i asked to try the original foundation i requested he refused telling me i needed to wear the makeup to get a sense of it. I left the store disgusted and ran to Chanel at david jones to see if they could do any better when i got there the assistant commented on my patchy and mismatched foundation. The assistant was very helpful however when we finally decided on a foundation it was out of stock so he suggested Vitalumiere as an alternative initially i liked vitalumiere however after taking it home and using for a month or so i was very disappointed by the quality of the product. It has very little staying power, the colour didn't set well on my skin and after an hour it would get caky and yuck. Id suggest if you have very fair skin do not go to Chanel for foundation they just cannot cater to very fair girls and then try and push you into the wrong colour match for your skin to get a sale. Overall this product was such a huge disappointment and such a waste of hard earned money. Best advice i would give anyone is don't rush into foundation ask for a sample and see how it wears on your skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2012 11:09:00 AM More reviews by samuellewis

I received 2 deluxe samples of this of a lovely sales girl in Debenhams when i purchased the Hydramax lip balm. I have to say, i'm VERY particular when it comes to foundations, i've tried many, mainly ones MAC, Armani Luminous Silk, Estee Lauder and Bobbi Brown, however out of the 15 i've tried the only one I've give 5 out of 5 for is MAC face and body which is why I'm so shocked to be giving this 5!

It's so similar to mac face and body in consistency and finish however i find this has just a tad more coverage and is a bit silkier on application, i mix in my armani fluid sheer in 3 to give me even more radiance on a night out and i just find this looks gorgeous, dewy, glowy and translates great on to pictures. I got the shade natural which is perfect for me, especially for summer. There's literally nothing i don't like about this foundation except the price tag but due to it being so good and the packaging being so beautiful when i next have some money to spend i'll be treating myself to this and the soleil tan de chanel! Also i find this lasts about 9 hours if you prep your skin with a good serum and moisturizer before it starts to slip off. If you like a dewy, glowy foundation or if you like MAC face and body you will LOVE this! If you like a matte foundation try the aqua version, but for me, this is holy grail!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2012 7:07:00 PM More reviews by belleglam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Although the finish of the foundation is dewy, it offers no coverage for acne or discoloration and only draws more attention to very dry skin. Layering the foundation does not solve the problem. It's highly transferable and does not last all day. During the fall my skin becomes very dry, and my skin absorbed the foundation within two hours (and that's with Lancome primer and Cetaphil cream moisturizer).

YSL Teint Majeur and Cle De Peau Silk Cream Foundation offer much better coverage and hydration.

For reference: I wear B30 in Vitalumiere, 04 Sand in YSL, and O20 in Cle De Peau. NC 25-30 in MAC.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2012 10:50:00 AM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this foundation, but I must admit I prefer the Mat Lumiere. Vitalumiere gives sheer to light coverage with a natural look and a slightly dewy finish (I typically prefer matte). I think this would work best for someone with dry skin, with no real issues to cover up, as it gives fairly light coverage, similar to a tinted moisturizer. I do really like this foundation for days when I want lighter, more natural makeup. It lasts nicely, especially when set with powder, and it doesn't seem to settle into lines or pores or cause breakouts. I think it is a nice foundation overall.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2012 10:11:00 PM More reviews by Camilla00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like how easy it is apply and blend, it has some coverage but not a lot, overall I liked how it looked on my skin, it felt very light compared to Estee Lauder Double Wear which I use all the time and love but wanted a lighter look.
I was given a sample and I'm glad it was free as it turns orange on your face after a couple of hours, this may be because the sales assistant gave me the wrong Colour although the sample I got matched me perfectly. I'm going to try a shade lighter and see what happens.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2012 3:23:00 AM More reviews by supernintendo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am NC20 in MAC and #10 Limpede goes on slightly darker, which is fine due to it's sheerness. But after 3 hours the whole thing turned orange. Not good. I live in a humid environment and no matter what I use underneath, this foundation ends up greasy and shiney after 3 hours. I guess I can make it work with setting powder but I just don't like the foundation enough to make that much effort. It feels sticky for the whole time you have it on and if you have long hair it will stick to your face.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2012 3:08:00 AM More reviews by elisaleigh1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hi all,
I just love this foundation. My skin looks amazing and feels like it had nothing on it but then I have very dry skin so it may not suit everyone. I do use translucent powder with it but just on certain spots- forehead, nose etc.
The only thing I would say is that as a fair girl, the lightest shade number 10 is too dark for me! It's a great summer look when i have a bit of fake tan on (well moisturiser with fake tan in it) but when i don't have that on I use Sally Hansen Airbrush legs on my neck and decolletage in the lightest shade to match me up.
Wearing it on my wedding day in a few months.
Thanks pixiwoo!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2012 9:16:00 PM More reviews by lynnphi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think Vitalumiere is definitely geared for certain skin types, but on the right skin it is gorgeous. Best for dry to very dry skin, mature skin, maybe some fine lines. I have all of the above. I was a little nervous to try it, knowing that Chanel's shade range is very limited in darker shades (I'm an NC42 for reference). I went with the darkest shade they carried at Saks, #50 (Naturel) and found it to be an absolute perfect match - not too yellow and not too orange.

The best aspects of this foundation is how it doesn't set into fine lines, it feels weightless and it gives an amazing luminous glow. It does have a dewy finish, but I prefer dewy to a matte one.

I would say the one downside is that it doesn't feel like it's "set" once it's on - I presume it is due to how moisturizing it is, but I don't have an issue with it transferring to clothes, phone, whatever.