December 18, 2014 | 761 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2012 8:15:00 AM More reviews by farmy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Again this was one of the samples that the brilliant SA at Chanel gave me to try. I got this one in Beige 40.

Pros: The product smells lovely, not chemical or over perfumed. It goes on nicely and sits on your skin nicely. Coverage is okay.

Cons: This is probably a heavier foundation than I like I would describe it as being a medium coverage not heavy but you could layer it if you wanted.

I probably wouldn't buy this one but that's because I want a lighter colour.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2012 6:07:00 AM More reviews by melysaretsahana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

This vitalumiere is yes more suitable for dry skin, but my skin is combination and this foundie saves my dry patches on some areas.when I turn to twenty something, my skin has some dryness area.looks chalky and flaky when use wrong foundation especially too matte foundation.well,my skin is seriously acne prone after using korean bb cream that broke me out.the medium coverage of this foundie can blur the imperfections and any discoloration on my horrible face but with double or triple layers.skintone looks more even.I know it has no full coverage but the medium coverage from this foundie is nice because it looks smooth and lightweight.yet for my skin that has many imperfection scars and blemishes, i say that this foundie gives me sheer cover rather than medium.but if u need a light coverage,this foundie can create a natural finish.in my opinion,better for you to apply makeup base first if u have many blemishes like me.I prefer use maybelline bb cream cs it is lighter than korean bb cream and has the same functions,to conceal all blemishes.
Why I love this foundation :
- No chalky at all
- Very lightweight formula
- The coverage is really nice
- Radiance and moisturizing
- Blendable and Buildable
- The color for no.20 clair is trully match for my skin.such a great invention.this is the first time I already found out my well match color of foundie.for warm/yellow undertone,the clair is HOT.well the clerkship offered me tried two colors,clair for brighter and beige for natural look because I have fair-medium skintone.but when I tested it on my skin.the clair one was VERY MATCH to my skin.the beige one appeared nothing on my skin
- The pump and packaging look nice and classy.very sleek
Anyway, I am not agree with people said this foundie had way overpower smell or bad smell.I even can not smell any scent on this foundie.it smells nothing but very common that every foundie has its scent.
I know it is very hefty,but it's chanel and it's not too expensive compared to sisley,cle de peau and whatever any other hi-end cosmetic brands.
I used to apply this foundie by using fingers.only blend it,circle it and sure dab it.seriously nice eventhought you apply it without any pinceau brush or sponge.that's why I love this foundation.for best result, use it two layers,will give you natural finish even you put two layers.it is different from any foundie that create a mask look when u reapply the foundie.and one more,the best thing from this foundie is... When you apply this foundie on your face, you'll get the same look as what the chanel model is wearing this foundie and appear on chanel website or any other chanel advertising campaign.you'll get whay you paid.but maybe I am not reccommend you who have very oily skin, because it's not matte.
And sure it has cons :
- not suitable for daily using(trust me,even if u use the best foundation in the world,use foundie as daily routine will break out your skin)
- it's medium not full coverage(will be better use it together with make up base if you have many blemishes.it fails me to conceal big blemishes and acne scars without concealer)
- the poor coverage for my acne prone skin makes me want to pump it more and more to reapply it on my face skin.This is bad as this foundie then runs out quickly.
- seriously broke out my skin(my bare skin goes worse after using it regularly)
Overall, I'd say it's nice.lightweight formula but broke out my skin when I use it daily

rated 2 of 5 on 9/15/2012 2:04:00 PM More reviews by Lizzy7428

I'm on my second bottle of this stuff so I can honestly say I've given this product as much of a chance as I can. Bottom line it breaks me out on my forehead like crazy. Ive used Mac, Revlon, and never had breakouts before and always had compliments on my complexion. I have almost a new bottle of this and I can't use it anymore because my skin just can't take it.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2012 8:56:00 AM More reviews by mareihcrooz

Ok so this was my first HIGH HIGH end foundation and it was very disappointing. I have normal to dry skin and I get flakes around my nose and mouth. When I went to the Chanel counter I asked for something for dry skin and medium to full coverage (i usual wear very sheer makeup but this was meant to be for going out at night). Well she picked this up.It felt very creamy on my skin and I loved the color match, it has just the right amount of yellow and I am a 20 Clair. So I made my fiance shell out the 59 dollars for it. STUPID ME! I should have just gotten a sample first! Ugh the first day of wearing this I was sooo excited but 1) it broke me out and I don't usually get pimples but that night when I got home from school and work I had like 10 zits all around my face 2) I was a grease monkey! I used a primer and setting powder but no bueno. I haven't gotten that shiny from a foundation ever and I have so many tinted moisturizers in my make up drawers! 3) This was not a medium coverage foundation which was fine with me, I could have just used it as my every day foundation if it wasn't for the things I mentioned above. 4) The scent was strooong for a foundation. And honestly, I love scents on my makeup but this is the strongest smelling foundation I have! I could have gotten over that too but too many things went wrong with this.

So I am sad to say I am returning this this weekend. I was expecting so much more from this foundation. I can't believe they're calling this a medium coverage either, it gave me as much coverage as my tinted moisturizers! Someone below said this was only for dry skin and well, no I guess not. The only good thing about it was that it had a lovely dewy finish, it looked like my skin, the color match was awesome, and it just glides on to your skin beautifully. Ohhhwell. no hard feelings Chanel. That just wasn't the foundation for me. Of I go to the mall tomorrow. Hopefully I come back with an HG medium coverage foundation! I feel like giving up now, I guess I'm destined to wear tinted moisturizers all my life! :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2012 1:25:00 AM More reviews by Melloney

Excellent ! Better than Vitalumiere Aqua for those over 40 .
I use 20 Clair and it really makes a difference. Luminous coverage, does not settle into fine lines ,evens out skin tone . Great texture- extremely easy to smooth into skin manually - actually makes applying foundation a pleasure. I love it .
I have also tried 40 Beige but it's a little too tanned for my skin .
For those looking for radiance - this is better than Vitalumiere Aqua - a slightly heavier coverage but still very light and airy . I prefer Vitalumiere over the Aqua version .

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2012 9:38:00 AM More reviews by christinet123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Being a naturally tanned asian with a yellow undertone, I have a really, really hard time finding foundations that match me. Drug store foundations always look too pink and even SA in department stores have trouble matching me. I have tried MAC, Smashbox, Shisheido and Clinique but none have come as close as Vitalumiere. I love the dewy look, and it goes on easily and makes my skin look flawless, but I don't have any blemishes really, just a few sun spots here and there. Just for reference, I wear 40 Beige (so I'm pretty tanned :P)

rated 1 of 5 on 8/23/2012 2:20:00 AM More reviews by Emma432

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was so exctied to vist the chanel counter in bindi junction sydney as it is a dedictaed chanel flagship store. Id done my research and had a ist of chanel products i wanted to purchase. First off the customer service was appaling there were staff eating at makeup counters and having rather inappropriate conversations. The SA insisted i try on the products he wanted and completely disregarded my requests for the foundation id like to try. However i thought as he was the expert i would go along, that was a mistake the foundation looked caked on and was the wrong colour match when i asked to try the original foundation i requested he refused telling me i needed to wear the makeup to get a sense of it. I left the store disgusted and ran to Chanel at david jones to see if they could do any better when i got there the assistant commented on my patchy and mismatched foundation. The assistant was very helpful however when we finally decided on a foundation it was out of stock so he suggested Vitalumiere as an alternative initially i liked vitalumiere however after taking it home and using for a month or so i was very disappointed by the quality of the product. It has very little staying power, the colour didn't set well on my skin and after an hour it would get caky and yuck. Id suggest if you have very fair skin do not go to Chanel for foundation they just cannot cater to very fair girls and then try and push you into the wrong colour match for your skin to get a sale. Overall this product was such a huge disappointment and such a waste of hard earned money. Best advice i would give anyone is don't rush into foundation ask for a sample and see how it wears on your skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2012 11:09:00 AM More reviews by samuellewis

I received 2 deluxe samples of this of a lovely sales girl in Debenhams when i purchased the Hydramax lip balm. I have to say, i'm VERY particular when it comes to foundations, i've tried many, mainly ones MAC, Armani Luminous Silk, Estee Lauder and Bobbi Brown, however out of the 15 i've tried the only one I've give 5 out of 5 for is MAC face and body which is why I'm so shocked to be giving this 5!

It's so similar to mac face and body in consistency and finish however i find this has just a tad more coverage and is a bit silkier on application, i mix in my armani fluid sheer in 3 to give me even more radiance on a night out and i just find this looks gorgeous, dewy, glowy and translates great on to pictures. I got the shade natural which is perfect for me, especially for summer. There's literally nothing i don't like about this foundation except the price tag but due to it being so good and the packaging being so beautiful when i next have some money to spend i'll be treating myself to this and the soleil tan de chanel! Also i find this lasts about 9 hours if you prep your skin with a good serum and moisturizer before it starts to slip off. If you like a dewy, glowy foundation or if you like MAC face and body you will LOVE this! If you like a matte foundation try the aqua version, but for me, this is holy grail!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2012 7:07:00 PM More reviews by belleglam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Although the finish of the foundation is dewy, it offers no coverage for acne or discoloration and only draws more attention to very dry skin. Layering the foundation does not solve the problem. It's highly transferable and does not last all day. During the fall my skin becomes very dry, and my skin absorbed the foundation within two hours (and that's with Lancome primer and Cetaphil cream moisturizer).

YSL Teint Majeur and Cle De Peau Silk Cream Foundation offer much better coverage and hydration.

For reference: I wear B30 in Vitalumiere, 04 Sand in YSL, and O20 in Cle De Peau. NC 25-30 in MAC.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2012 10:50:00 AM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this foundation, but I must admit I prefer the Mat Lumiere. Vitalumiere gives sheer to light coverage with a natural look and a slightly dewy finish (I typically prefer matte). I think this would work best for someone with dry skin, with no real issues to cover up, as it gives fairly light coverage, similar to a tinted moisturizer. I do really like this foundation for days when I want lighter, more natural makeup. It lasts nicely, especially when set with powder, and it doesn't seem to settle into lines or pores or cause breakouts. I think it is a nice foundation overall.