September 22, 2014 | 2004 users online

Fragrances - Auric Blends - Egyptian Goddess

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2008 7:56:00 PM More reviews by cavalletta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Been waiting forever to try this and finally got around to buying a bottle...(i bought 2 actually) that is silly but its so cheap i figured i give one as a gift. Well...it doesnt smell. at all. I also got "majic" and it does smell and is lovely so i know its not me. it just doesnt smell. pity.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2008 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Irawain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been spoiled by etailers, and so I usually stay away from roll-ons you can get at the pharmacy, but I'm glad I didn't pass this one up. Like most musks - and I'm sure I'm not the only person to experience this - it smells acrid and unpleasant in the roll on, but once it hits my skin, it's beautiful. Wet, it's very sweet; on the drydown, the spices come out a bit more, and then it goes back to a more subtle version of the wet stage when it's completely dry. The only problem I've found is that it doesn't last long at all on my skin, but does on my clothes and hair. Still, it's gorgeous. I hope I never have to go without it.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/11/2008 7:17:00 PM More reviews by christialle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Weird, I got the roll on and have literally rolled it on my entire arm, and I can BARELY smell it (I started with a dab, couldn't smell it, and then just kept applying it). I can smell the tiniest hint of neroli, but not much more than that but my arm feels nice and soft from the oils. Maybe it is me, maybe just a really weak batch? Who knows. I bought this from drugstore.com with a bunch of other things so I only paid the price of the perfume, not too bad for the price to try it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2008 10:19:00 AM More reviews by goldendoll

I can't believe I never wrote a review on this one. My all time favorite scent. I love it so much. Every time i wear this I get complimented on how lovely I smell. I hugged a new friend the other day and he commented on how amazing I smelled, and someone else said "She always smells amazing. Just smells like Emily, like an angel." and I was thinking this is the first fragrance that has made an impression. I mean a good one. It really doesn't smell like perfume to me. Smells like a soft place or something... I wish I could tell you how it makes me feel. Sometimes I'll just smell myself, or I'll roll this onto the inside of my hoodie so I can smell it every once in a while. There's this under note of sharpened pencils. I love it... I have never tried any other Egyptian musk, so I can't compare it with anything else.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2008 4:24:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Egyptian Goddess is a gorgeous perfume that melts into skin and becomes very personalized. On me, it's a sensual, sweet, warm musk with hints of soft flowers. It's very smooth and rich; not powdery in the least. At first it reminds me a little of Narciso Rodriguez For Her edp, (in the pink bottle), which is one of my favorite fragrances. Egyptian Goddess starts out as a soft woody musk, and then it gets a little sweeter, and greener as it develops. It retains its warmth throughout wear. Egyptian Goddess provides a dirt-cheap way to enjoy a truly fine, high quality musk that elevates my mood. Something about Egyptian Goddess makes people tell me I "smell good", and that's definitely nice to know. It's a bright, feel-good fragrance that's especially nice on a hot summer day. Lasting power is excellent.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2008 3:22:00 PM More reviews by tessture

Very nice musk, clean and slightly floral. It's not going to knock your socks off, but it's very pretty and very wearable. A good, serviceable scent that stays close to the skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2008 8:58:00 AM More reviews by Shwets

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this musk but unfortunately this does not last on me or that i just cannot smell it on me. Quite strange as Narcisso for Her will last up to 24hrs on me!

Anyway this r/v is for EG and it is a clean papery type of musk - i can understand what one reviewer meant by it smelling like pencil shavings!! Obviously in a nice way.

I hope that with time this scent will be more apparent to me. Nemets Egyptian Musk does the same thing. When these are mixed with rose absolute the resulting scent is amazing! Just try it. Then it lasts longer on me (as rose on it's own doesnt last on my skin for long either).

I love the compact convenient roll on bottle and maybe am likely to purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2008 9:54:00 PM More reviews by snarkyharper

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

An old favorite that just gets better and better as you wear it. Soft, sexy and always appropriate and appealing. Not at all 'perfumey'. A slightly floral skin musk that completely melds with your own scent and becomes a part of you. On me it is linear, just deepening and mellowing a bit with time. It lasts for eons, on skin and especially on clothes. I have to shower it off to wear another scent. People always notice this and compliment it; it almost gets frustrating as I will wear my nicer perfumes and not get a peep, but put on good old EG and even strangers will say something.
I buy the big 1.7 oz bottle they offer now, less trouble than ordering the little roll-ons more often. Dirt cheap, but I would still buy it if it cost five times as much.
Oh, I noticed that someone in an earlier review mentioned Sweetcake's World's Best Egyptian Musk. That is some awesome stuff as well (and SUPER dirt cheap - $5 per ounce!), it is a bit darker and perhaps more animalic than EG.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2008 1:23:00 AM More reviews by deebird

Wow! This smells so good! I never really used any oil scents before, but I was in Longs and saw the Auric Blends display...one thing led to another and all the sudden I'm a fanatic. Egyptian Goddess does smell like "your skin but better". It's very subtle, but so sexy. My boyfriend loves it because you have to be close to smell it, and once it blends with your skin and personal scent, it just smells amazing. I purchased the small roll on bottle at Longs for my purse. Then I went home and ordered the large bottle on their website along with two other fragrances (Coco Mango, which smells exactly like coconut and mango as described, and One Love, which is very sweet with a strong Cherry scent). The large bottle is the same oil, but no roll on applicator...just dab on with your fingers. I use this as an every day scent, and even put it on before I go to bed. :) Truly a beautiful fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2008 7:35:00 PM More reviews by soniawonia

Exotic scent. If you're exotic, this is perfect for you.