Auric Blends Egyptian Goddess

Price: $

Price: $

"Egyptian Goddess" is a fresh, clear musk with a dash of carnality--like clean, unperfumed clothes; those you've worn for about 2 hours since stepping out of the shower. Some people are anosmic to specific kinds of musks, so this scent might take some to time to actually register on the skin before its floral notes unfold. However, "floral notes" is casually mentioned, since "Egyptian Goddess" doesn't read as a floral at all, simply a hazy, creamy musk. Since this musk is clear-smelling and purified, I'd guess some benzoin, vetiver and/or spikenard have been added into the mix, allowing for a very clean (but not lathery, clean-scrubbed) feeling. Some people think of pheromones as a sort of olfactory myth, but scents like "Egyptian Goddess" are the best imitation of what a pheromone should behave like; it's a subtle blend, wafting around a person like heat off skin, occasionally reaching out to tease and taunt a passerby. As a result, men tend to melt when in contact with this scent; temporarily imobilized and intoxicated---because it's a surprise, I assume, "this undiscovered, fresh female". It's actually quite hilarious to behold. They'll practically be bucking as you walk by. I wore this with LesNez's "l' Antimatiere" and had one man walk up to me in a supermarket (yes, a supermarket; not a bar or a club or a museum) and he said, nearly panting, "You smell incredible--amazing. Don't EVER change whatever it is you're wearing". The funny thing is, this blend is so simple-seeming, you'd never expect such reactions. Two background, unassuming potions and that's the reaction I get. It's the same with Eden Botanicals "Sandalwood Dreams", Anna Luxe's "Love's True Bluish Light" and the Body Shop's "White Musk" (something my first boyfriend bought for me in highschool)--these are ALL white-musk type blends. And it's not like I've never worn other fragrances--I have and they never recieved the same reaction as the soft, musky blends. Other women (and some men) have said the same when they've worn them. Subtle and subliminal seems to be the most appealing to men, I suppose. "Egyptian Goddess" is also the most affordable of them all. 'nuff said.

on 3/1/2009 4:10:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

This a soft, sensual easy-to-wear Egyptian Musk by Auric Blends. Though it's unisex, to me it has more of a feminine quality than other egyptian musks. The roll-on oil is convenient, easy-to-use and the application makes it very lasting (no alcohol as in a spray). The price is very reasonable and easily found on Ebay and other online stores.

on 2/22/2009 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Does not do anything for me. Does not mix with my body chemistry. Would not buy it again.
The LOVE gave me a headache. Hard to wash off. Will stay with my perfume.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love this scent!
I came from a home where my cosmotologist-Gemini mom loves flowery (Very Irrésistible Givenchy, Amarige, Organza ) or heady (Estee Lauder Youth Dew, Clinique Aromatics Elixir) scents so I usually go for the light & floral, floriental or incense types.

It's sorta hard to describe, to be honest. Its a floral, musky scent that has a powdery element to it. Trust me, it's a keeper.

This was actually an impulse buy from Whole Foods. Little did I know that it would ignite not only my senses when I wore it but every male in sniffing distance.
Anytime I want a little extra attention, I wear this. For some time my mom and I were both touting Thierry Mugler's Angel as a love potion. Living in Chicago, it seems like every other woman is wearing it. Since my mom lives in a small city she can still wear it. But I digress.
It's a super fragrance and if you buy it in the little roll-on you AND you love it, then you should get the larger version. I have only ever seen it in Wild Oats (which I think was bought by Whole Foods) and on Auric Blends website.
It's there top-seller of course.
Make it happen already!! You won't be disappointed.

on 1/3/2009 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Dirt cheap and lovely stuff. It's not complicated, but so wonderful and easy to wear - the website lists it as floral, powder and musk, but on me there is very little powder. The musk is deeper and smoother than typical white musks, but not in any way animalic - and I don't get any of the plastic notes that I sometimes find in retailer musks. This lasted 8 hours on me today so I give it excellent marks for lasting power (I purchased this in the oil roll on formulation). This is so clean and fresh and just a tad sexy - perfect for every day wear.

on 11/17/2008 7:56:00 PM

Been waiting forever to try this and finally got around to buying a bottle...(i bought 2 actually) that is silly but its so cheap i figured i give one as a gift. Well...it doesnt smell. at all. I also got "majic" and it does smell and is lovely so i know its not me. it just doesnt smell. pity.

on 9/22/2008 7:32:00 PM

I've been spoiled by etailers, and so I usually stay away from roll-ons you can get at the pharmacy, but I'm glad I didn't pass this one up. Like most musks - and I'm sure I'm not the only person to experience this - it smells acrid and unpleasant in the roll on, but once it hits my skin, it's beautiful. Wet, it's very sweet; on the drydown, the spices come out a bit more, and then it goes back to a more subtle version of the wet stage when it's completely dry. The only problem I've found is that it doesn't last long at all on my skin, but does on my clothes and hair. Still, it's gorgeous. I hope I never have to go without it.

on 9/11/2008 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Weird, I got the roll on and have literally rolled it on my entire arm, and I can BARELY smell it (I started with a dab, couldn't smell it, and then just kept applying it). I can smell the tiniest hint of neroli, but not much more than that but my arm feels nice and soft from the oils. Maybe it is me, maybe just a really weak batch? Who knows. I bought this from drugstore.com with a bunch of other things so I only paid the price of the perfume, not too bad for the price to try it out.

on 9/7/2008 10:19:00 AM

I can't believe I never wrote a review on this one. My all time favorite scent. I love it so much. Every time i wear this I get complimented on how lovely I smell. I hugged a new friend the other day and he commented on how amazing I smelled, and someone else said "She always smells amazing. Just smells like Emily, like an angel." and I was thinking this is the first fragrance that has made an impression. I mean a good one. It really doesn't smell like perfume to me. Smells like a soft place or something... I wish I could tell you how it makes me feel. Sometimes I'll just smell myself, or I'll roll this onto the inside of my hoodie so I can smell it every once in a while. There's this under note of sharpened pencils. I love it... I have never tried any other Egyptian musk, so I can't compare it with anything else.

on 8/15/2008 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Egyptian Goddess is a gorgeous perfume that melts into skin and becomes very personalized. On me, it's a sensual, sweet, warm musk with hints of soft flowers. It's very smooth and rich; not powdery in the least. At first it reminds me a little of Narciso Rodriguez For Her edp, (in the pink bottle), which is one of my favorite fragrances. Egyptian Goddess starts out as a soft woody musk, and then it gets a little sweeter, and greener as it develops. It retains its warmth throughout wear. Egyptian Goddess provides a dirt-cheap way to enjoy a truly fine, high quality musk that elevates my mood. Something about Egyptian Goddess makes people tell me I "smell good", and that's definitely nice to know. It's a bright, feel-good fragrance that's especially nice on a hot summer day. Lasting power is excellent.

Popular Fragrances