October 25, 2014 | 1726 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Perfection Lumiere

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2013 4:59:00 AM More reviews by lolo100

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Tried many foundations but this is my best. With one layer you cannot even tell that I am using makeup. It matches my skin tone very well, it is well absorbed and does not sit on the skin. Best of all it does not cause me break outs, I do not need to use a powder over but if it is hot and I sweat, then I do. If I need more coverage I just apply a second layer and still without looking 'caked'. I love that is looks natural and feels natural, it does not have so much of pigment like other foundations. And like most of Chanel's product, a little goes a long way.

Oh and even though it has an spf, it does not make you look white in photographs.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/7/2013 9:59:00 AM More reviews by Valentina200

Was not impressed with this foundation. It's very drying, and the color choices are too yellow. Looks flat and cakey.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2013 6:04:00 PM More reviews by darkangel13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't think Chanel foundations are designed for us 20-somethings who want to experiment with high end makeup. As another reviewer said, Chanel is targeted towards women 30+ ... (or at least that's how it seems.) And there is nothing wrong with that! Its kinda like how I feel a little out of place at the Estee Lauder counter or even Clinique. Same goes for their Vitalumiere foundation. Its not their fault that a bunch of ditzy oily-skinned teenagers buy a foundation that is CLEARLY not for their skin type. So I don't want to bash on Chanel or this foundation because its not really their fault in that respect. However, the general consensus on this foundation is that its quite ho-hum and lackluster which I agree with. Is it terrible? No. Is it amazing? Nah. Its just nothing special. Definitely not worth $60 that's for sure. I was pretty satisfied with Perfection Lumiere until I became convinced that it was the culprit for a sudden breakout of itchy, cystic acne that I was having. I'm pretty sure it had something to do with the added fragrance which I didn't find "subtle" at all. Who the hell even perfumes foundations so heavily anymore?!

CHANEL: If you are reading this (I know you probably don't care about losing one dissatisfied customer in a harem of loyal followers) but PLEASE, PLEASE stop pouring a bottle of perfume in your foundations. This isn't the Edwardian era in England where everything must be doused in heavy fragrance because us "common" folk stink lol.

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/5/2013 5:16:00 PM More reviews by SMaj

First bought this when I was newly introduced to high end brand name make up, was sadly very disappointed by this! I have quite scarred skin and I didn't get any coverage from this at all, and when I tried to use a powder or blush on top it would begin to cake completely! I suppose it is suitable for people who want a very light coverage, however I prefer the coverage I get from MAC Studio Sculpt and Estée Lauder double wear. I will say however I do love the peachy scent to it and would love the Mac to have a similar scent!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/22/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by JessicaSmellsGood

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It has nice packaging and all, but this foundation made me break out! Everytime I wear it, I break out! And it oxidizes A LOT! And it made me look oily! I think i'll stick to my Studio Fix Fluid!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2013 4:08:00 AM More reviews by WazzleDazzle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love love love this foundation! Although most foundations don't have a fragrance, this one has slightly, but its a subtle fresh scent in no way over powering or irritating. Beautiful coverage and feels like second skin. Looks so natural like theres nothing on my skin! Always, always get compliments when I have this foundation on. One of the reasons why Chanel is my favourite premium make up brand! As with all other foundations, I recommend getting a sample pot simply because not everyones skin is the same.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/19/2013 5:58:00 PM More reviews by melaniepich

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Do not buy this. It makes dry areas stand out and did not help with my oil control. It oxidized HORRIBLY. My mom borrowed mine for an engagement party and her face looked way off in the pictures. Her face got way darker than her body! I lookedat her and you could clearly see where it oxidized. I let my friend use it and the sane happened to her. This product is NOT worth the money. You can get something better for cheaper. Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2013 1:16:00 AM More reviews by shushupopopipi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

What drew me to this foundation at first was its luxurious satiny texture and the fact that it was a perfect colour match for my skin.

Provided that your skin is adequately hydrated (without dry patches), it blends seamlessly. My skin looks the most natural with this foundation. Oil production is reduced but radiance is maintained.

Coverage is light to medium and buildable. You only need a pump to even skin tone, but it obviously won't replace concealer.

The first days I tried the foundation, the weather was very windy and my skin was dry and parched. Perfection Lumiere didn't suit me at all when my skin was in that condition, settling on and slightly accentuating dry patches, and making my skin feel a little uncomfortable. Aside from this, it still looked produced a natural airbrushed finish on my skin.

After fixing my dry skin with a hydrating mask, I warily tried the foundation again. It settled beautifully and smoothly on my skin. My skin felt comfortable, without the tightness that it had before.

It has never made me break out (it is my 3rd week using it).

Thus, I recommend this product for individuals with normal to oily skin. It's my favourite foundation because of its natural finish and beautiful texture. The floral rose scent may bug some people but I quite like it.

If you have dry skin, I recommend the use of overnight hydrating masks beforehand. And perhaps alternating using Perfection Lumiere and a more hydrating foundation, until your skin texture improves.

The price, at about $85 AUD in Australia, is worth it due to how little one uses each time.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2013 8:38:00 AM More reviews by JulieTaboulli

Preface: On the hunt for perfect foundation. I have fair, dry-combination skin, with a few red marks in my cheek/nose area. Other than that, I do not need a full-coverage product, just something that evens, covers where it needs to, and sinks into my skin correctly.

I'm going to start with the good -- I was impressed with this foundation's coverage, especially of my red areas, for being a light coverage makeup. It feels very natural on, not like I am wearing makeup at all. Also, this foundation finished with an extremely matte finish -- I didn't even need to follow up with powder -- which is almost unheard of for the other products I've used.
But I suppose this is where the problem arises; this literally clung to every single pore on my face, and some I didn't even know I had. It will blend, but it just sits on each pore, and almost makes my face look powdery because of it. I've tried blending with lotion to no avail, which is sad, because I do like everything else about this product. Maybe this was made for pore-less people (mine aren't that big to begin with, and I use primer). But the pore/powdery situation is so bad that my face looks extremely winter-dry (even in my oily spots!)

Bottom line: Maybe this will work for you if you have SUPER oily skin. The coverage is wonderful, but the fact that my face looks like one big pore means that I can't repurchase, and I can't promote buying this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2013 6:21:00 PM More reviews by geishadollbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation especially in the summer time. I live in the desert where temperatures can get up to 115 degrees. when I put this foundation on it last all day. I use Laura geller spackle primer or monistat dry relief gel both work perfect. ive also used smashbox and mac prep and prime primer. all seems to be a good combination with this foundation. ive tried some many foundations and this is by far my favorite. it is a little pricey but well worth it. I have super sensitive skin and it doesn't break me out. this is my new summer routine foundation