August 21, 2014 | 948 users online

Liquid - MAC - Matchmaster SPF 15 Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2013 6:21:00 AM More reviews by JessicaLauren24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm currently using Matchmaster in 1.0. I usually have issues finding a perfect match for my pale English rose complexion (the next closest match I have found is Studio Sculpt NC15) however this is perfect!

I use a primer underneath (Benefit Porefessional) and use MAC Skinfinish Natural powder in light to set the foundation (as recommended by the makeup artist at the MAC counter). I love the finish of the combination of this foundation and powder - it is a very natural finish (not too matte) and it lasts all day (from 7am to 9pm)!! I also don't find this foundation to be drying, as I find with Pro Longwear. The coverage is medium buildable and easily covers redness in my cheeks and assists with under eye circles (I also add some light layers of Studio Finish concealer in NW15 and NW20 under my eyes to completely cover the darkness).

I like that this foundation comes with a pump, and it is lockable which is great for travel. The foundation is also 35ml rather than the standard 30ml size.

Matchmaster is now my new everyday foundation :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2013 4:46:00 PM More reviews by amy0690

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow I never though I would find a foundation I lives from Mac but BAM! This stuff in my opinion is amazing for everyday! Looks super natural with great coverage and lasts! Perfecto!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2013 1:57:00 AM More reviews by stace06

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Skin: sensitive with hormonale acne, dry combination (oily T zone)
Colour: NC10 (too light)

Pros:
* Good packaging, easy to use and hygenic
* Does not break me out but it is drying - I need to alternate with a more hydrating foundation. I never use this 2 days in a row.
* Medium coverage which is buildable
* Easy to set with powder as it dries relatively fast

Cons:
* Drying
* Sits in/on my pores (with or without my Mac primer)
* Can get patchy around dry areas of my cheek
* Poor lasting power when compared to Estee Lauder's Doublewear
* Doesn't photo well with flash

Overall a decent foundatio but it doesn't beat the EL Doublewear for coverage, lasting power and is more dryiny in comparison.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2013 3:40:00 PM More reviews by BrigitteBardot

This blinds nicely, has great color, great coverage, I just wish it didn't have spf! It doesn't photograph as well as I was told by MAC artist. It seems to cause flashback.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2013 9:20:00 PM More reviews by withlove21

I had mixed feelings about this foundation. It did cover really well and left a nice matte finish. However, I did notice that after about 2-3 weeks of use everyday it began to clog my pores REALLY BADLY. I have combination skin with barely any breakouts and I noticed that my skin was looking terrible...even after exfoliating a few times. Also, I feel like there aren't nearly enough shade choices for lighter skin... I'm a NW 20 and I was matched to a 1.5 but I felt like it was too yellow for my skin tone. I ended up returning it and replacing it with the MUFE HD Foundation in 115 which I LOVE.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2013 5:59:00 PM More reviews by KayCL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation is really great. It blends in perfectly with skin tone and it stays on all day. I only had to blot my face 2 times throughout the day which is great.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2013 5:18:00 PM More reviews by arer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

this is a good foundation, medium coverage, easy to apply and blend. Its not orange or to yellow, i am in shade 1,5 i have combi skin, dry cheeks and oily T-zone and i need to powder or blot my skin after 4 hours. Does not brake me out. Overall nice everyday foundation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2013 6:02:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I decided to FINALLY go to MAC to get colormatched so I knew where I was in the world of NC/NW categories. But when I asked about Studio Fix, the makeup artist suggested that it may be more coverage than I was looking for and steered me towards Matchmaster. I'll admit that she is right: I do prefer a more natural looking finish in my foundation. That being said, one day I will go back and get it done...

But here we have Matchmaster. I was matched to 1.5. I was between 1.5 and 2.0. The 2.0 also could have worked if I did get some summer sun; it definitely would not take me through the winter though. 1.5 looks like it will carry me year-round.

This is a great foundation! It matches my skin tone, covers smoothly, blends well, has a natural-looking finish, and offers buildable coverage for problem areas, though in my experience buildable coverage looks good at a max of 2 layers. Wear time is also good: it lasts all day with the help of a little powder. No oxidation, even after a full day's wear. I love the pump packaging: the pump can be secured without any caps that could be lost.

The cost is up there but as I've said before, foundation is one of the products you shouldn't skimp on. Like all foundations, it helps considerably if you can be color-matched by an artist. If not, buy from a website/store with a great return policy.

Edited to add: I went back to MAC because I was still damn curious about the Studio Fix colormatch...NW18.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2013 5:07:00 PM More reviews by jenloverock

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely adore this foundation! I haven't used a MAC foundation in years as there never seems to be a colour pale enough for me. I got this in their palest shade 1.0 and its perfect for my combo skin type! Used with a primer and light dusting of Nyx twin cake compact powder over, I have a flawless cover all day long. I like a full coverage foundation and this definitely ticks that box! I tend to have dry patches on my forehead and surprisingly this foundarion does not cause those areas to flake at all, which I was surprised about. I can't say anything bad about this product, its reasonably priced, the packaging is great with an awesome lock mechanism so there's no chance of wastage and it'll last me forever! My new HG foundation, I'm in love!!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2013 10:16:00 PM More reviews by marinaphotography

I first tried the studio fix and really liked it but unfortunately one day it shattered. So I got the match master as instead because I heard so many good things. But I didn't like the coverage, the fact that I looked like an Oompa Loompa or the finish. Wouldn't repurchase