November 23, 2014 | 976 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - BareMinerals foundation #2.3 Medium Beige

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2009 11:30:00 AM More reviews by nhungp3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I often search for reviews from this 4rum but this is the first time I write a review. Just because this product is unbelievable horrible.
I bought this because so many people praise of it. I didn't know that I would be disappointed like this.
Wearing it, my pores are HUGE, my skin is DRY & OILY at the same time, my face is chalky and the color is not even.

I will never ever buy this product again!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2009 8:28:00 PM More reviews by LRVelarde

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

HG HG HG . . . but only if you buy this color. I love medium beige for the summer. Its matches my tan skin perfectly, wears evenly, last all day and looks completely natural. Best of all, it doesn't make me break out, or irradiate my very sensitive skin. Love Love Love!
Okay, so that being said, I should add That This Is The Only Color That Does This For Me. When I lose my tan in the winter I have to switch to another foundation because all the lighter shades of BE look horrible on me. They give a weird sort of glow. Not the JLo kind of dewy glow, more like a disco ball 70’s glow. Ew! So if you are going to buy BE, make sure it’s this shade or none at all. :)
Oh, one last thing, if you do decide to go mineral and if you wear this shade you can also pair it with BE Flowers Blush for a pretty pink glow, or the BE Laughter Blush for a pretty peachy-pink glow.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2009 10:44:00 PM More reviews by mjhesq

This is truly my holy grail foundation!!! I've used this for over 7 years, and, though I may occasionally stray to try other (usually liquid) foundations...I ALWAYS come back to my Bare Minerals. It simply works the best for me, and has great staying power; whereas liquid foundations tend to oxidize to a funny color after a few hours. I constantly get compliments on my skin with my Bare Minerals. One tip: I have found that using a primer increases the staying power of this foundation (though even using it without one for years I never had any problems.) From reading many reviews over the years about this product...it seems as if the majority of people either love it or hate it. For me, it's true love!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2009 10:01:00 AM More reviews by projectrunway123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got the medium kit from sephora because one of the makeup artists from sephora told me it was my color. She put it on my face and it seemed like a good match considering BM doesn't have a wide range of colors. I have read that BM can cause itching due to the bismuth oxychloride in the product and I have to say it is true in my case. I really did like the glow it gave me though and it gave a very natural even skintone and covered my pores nicely. I have pretty dry skin, and even after I moisturized my face and primed it, it did look a little powdery. I walked around nyc for a whole day in the heat and i realize that after I sweated a little on my face the foundation looked amazing on my skin. I also realized that this color has a reddish undertone and is too red for my yellow/olive asian complexion but it doesnt exactly look like i have a mask on so I can pull it off. I really don't like how thsi makes my face itch so I don't really use this product even though I love the glow that it gives. if this was the right color for my skin and it didnt make my face itch, i would love this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2009 9:18:00 PM More reviews by VictrixObsequens

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is the closest to my skin tone but it's still slightly off (a little too dark). Works well in summer, but in winter it's off (and the next lightest foundation is too pink for me). The coverage is ok, but I wish it had a little more. This tends to fade on me by the end of the day but I don't mind that too much.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2009 8:48:00 PM More reviews by mandiluk

I also have a love-hate relationship with this product. I bought my first full size product of bare minerals in January. I had a sample from the Bare Escentual store where they helped me pick out my combination. It worked very well and gave me a even complexion. But now that I have the full size one, I've got one or two pimples periodically. I'm not sure if its the best for my skin. I'm taking a break from this until my skin is better

edit > so now that i'm almost done with my first container, I realized that my skin is really bad. The more I use it, the more my skin is reacting...in a bad way. My skin tone is uneven, never happens, my skin is usually a fair-medium complexion. Especially my forehead, where there are blots of dark spots. My cheeks' pores are big. I can see them and its really make me uneasy. I'm really disappointed and I don't know what i can do to reverse this =(

rated 1 of 5 on 10/3/2009 7:42:00 PM More reviews by polixenia

horrible product! I looked like I was 10 years older. You could see all my wrinkles. sorry I tried it! My face has dry patches in some areas and acnee in others. I don't know what they put in it but I am sure it's not natural!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2009 5:21:00 AM More reviews by beachgirl82

made my face itch and was WAY to light for me..... but the next shade is way to dark for me.... oh well :( pur minerals is a lot better..

rated 1 of 5 on 9/16/2009 9:43:00 AM More reviews by Samholls

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I HATED this product, bought the starter set after the make up person did it for me, and it made my skin really dry and uncomfortable and just did nothing for the look of my skin whatsoever. I watched the DVD, was shown how to do it and I still thought it looked dreadful. The only thing I could do was mix the powder with a moisturiser to stop my skin being tight and I have never suffered dry skin before. Have gone back to Laura Mercier oil free foundation which is far better and gives excellent coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2009 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Ereinsberg

I used this for a while and was then convinced that it wasnt good for my skin by Paula begoun and makeupalley..however I went back to try it again and realized that it works great for me. I dont use the concealer b/c it was very drying and I dont use the mineral veil b/c i dont feel it necessary...but this feels light and looks great and i dont see any of the photo problems others complain of