April 23, 2014 | 1118 users online

Liquid - Smashbox - Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Fdt.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2013 12:46:00 AM More reviews by berrycurious

great! good coverage, no caking, and nice shade. shade 1.1 was like nc20.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by jenaeb09

I love this foundation! I had been using revlon color stay for a while and I really loved it, however my skin started changing and it just wasn't working for me any more. After doing some research I decided to go with the smashbox studio skin and it is so worth the money! I need a full coverage foundation and this does the job! I am shade 2.1 and I hardly need any concealer after I apply this with my Sonia Kashuk flat top brush. It gives my face an airbrush finish and looks flawless! My new HG foundation!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2013 8:05:00 PM More reviews by LilMiissSinshine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Let's start with the good, it does last a very very long time and the pump for dispensing the foundation is awesome. It let's you really control how much you use at any given time, which is a good thing, since you don't really need much of this foundation to cover your whole face, it does go a long way too.

The issue I had with this, and maybe it is just my weirdo tend to be on the dry side of skin, but it made me look patchy in places. It made my dry areas (around my nose, and cheeks area) look even worse then when they have no make up on. Now, I have found mixing this with a bit of moisturizer or a second more hydrating foundation that it does the trick and makes it a wearable and almost flawless finish, but it still leaves me disappointed knowing I have to altar a expensive foundation to make it work with my skin.

I am sure that it works great as long as you don't tend to have dry skin, but sadly for me that is not the case. So I guess the advice I can give for those looking to buy is if you have dry skin stay away!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 1:51:00 AM More reviews by ashleysizemore19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Great coverage! Looks like second skin. Stays on all day long! The pump has great control of how much product you want. Color range is a little odd. It's around $42, so it's quite pricey, so I don't recommend this for the summertime if you're constantly changing colors. But this is my favorite foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by General3211

I love this foundation! I almost never write reviews-because I almost always change my mind. I may have found a HG....still working with it! Im working with combo hyperpigmented (face) skin & I'm not a normal skintone.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2013 7:44:00 PM More reviews by Ra07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Really loving this foundation right now. I wear shade 4.1 and find the colour is perfect for me (I'm mac shade nc45 for reference) it lasts a really long time without fading or getting patchy and controls oil/shine very well, however I do wear a light dusting of powder on top to set it.
It does dry quite fast so you need to blend and work with it fairly quickly. It has a medium to buildable coverage,( it kinda seems like a mix of mac face and body and their pro long wear foundation) packaging is quite standard but Pump dispenses the right amount. Definitely becoming a fave!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2013 2:04:00 PM More reviews by kngfrank

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a really nice product. It stays on longer than any other foundation I've tried and blends nicely into my skin. I don't think it lasts 15 hours, but I think I may touch my face a lot. I also realized I probably should try setting it with a face powder! I have normal to dry skin and I think if my skin was much drier I wouldn't be able to use this. I haven't broken out from this foundation. My two complaints are that the lightest shade is a little dark for me, and the price is pretty steep. But a little does go a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 1:17:00 PM More reviews by Virgosbest

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation is a GOD SEND! I was previously using Mac Studio Fix Fluid in NC50 and loved the color on me but suffered from bad breakouts and oily breakthrough. Then one day I woke up and realized that it was my Mac that was making me have my acne flare ups. A friend recommended Smashbox to me and it is absolutely perfect. I toggled between the 4.2 and 4.1 finally deciding on the 4.1 (I have to apply it with a light hand) and I swear I have NO MORE BREAKOUTS! My beauty routine is Aveeno skin brightening face scrub, neutrogena oil free acne wash, then I use the repairing lotion (step3) from Proactiv as my moisterizer ( u can by it seperately on eBay ), then Murad mattifyer, then smashbox photo finish LIGHT primer ( I have samples from sephora for both. You dont need a lot) and dermablend cover creme as a concealer because I have dark acne marks and this really helps cover and it stays on. Last step is apply foundation with a stippling brush! After all of that, I lock it in with smashbox translucent finishing powder before applying mascara, etc. with all of this I maintain clear skin and in an 8 hour day, oily breakthrough is minimal. If I feel oily, maybe like once a day, I just take my powder brush that I used to apply my finishing powder and brush it across my tzone and I'm back to normal. With my Mac liquid foundation I would have to use that oil blotting powder at least 5 times in an 8 hour day. So This sounds like alot I know but it's a routine and I no longer have a bumpy face, just a smooth canvas to work with so it is SO WORTH IT! And this foundation helped it all!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 12:30:00 PM More reviews by JuJeeMD

This is my HG foundation right now. I bought this because a friend recommended it, and initially I hated it. I tried putting it on with fingers, sponge, foundation brush, stippling brush and it was difficult to blend with not a lot of play time, streaky. I finally tried it with a moist beauty blender (stipple) and it goes on with an airbrush finish. I do set mine with various setting powders. I am combination-oily acne-prone. This does not break me out. I work 10-12 hour shifts and barely ever have to touch up my makeup when wearing this. Provides enough coverage for my acne/scars without looking cakey if applied with moist beauty blender. This does oxidize on me, so I use shade 1.2 which is second to lightest shade. I haven't used this foundation in the summer yet, so unsure how it will hold up in the summer/humidity. The packaging is nice, I like the pump and glass bottle. It is water based, so you do need to shake it up before applying. I thought the beauty blender was overpriced and overrated, but this foundation and the beauty blender were made for each other.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2013 8:16:00 PM More reviews by sarahdude9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like the pump. That's about the only positive I have to offer. Went on streaky. My mid-afternoon needed to be reapplied (so much for 15 hour wear). The color selection is very limited. I don't get what all the hype is about this foundation.