October 2, 2014 | 1421 users online

Liquid - Smashbox - Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Fdt.

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2013 5:32:00 PM More reviews by Zoecash

Amazing! For over ten years I have been trying all brands of foundation from Chanel, Mac, Estée Lauder, Dior, you name it I've tried it! I am prone to an oily t zone and I have enlarged pores which cause me to break out when my pores get clogged. This foundation doesn't clog my pores, is oil free, stays on all day and doesn't give you that matt cakey look which I've had in the past. I ran out of this foundation and had to use my old foundation until payday arrived! I was using Mac Studio fix and over the 2 week duration my skin broke out! I have repurchased Smashbox and after just 2 days my skin is clearing up again! This is the first time I have wrote a review, I feel I had to let you all know how fantastic it is, it really has changed my skin and confidence to go out during the day knowing it looks flawless. Not to mention all the compliments I've had since using it! At £27.50 and lasting me around 3 months I would say it is excellent value for money. The packaging is a glass bottle with a pump which controls how much you use. 2 pumps is plenty for full coverage, sometimes I use only 1 and you can build it up for an even fuller coverage. 10/10 in every way for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2013 3:07:00 AM More reviews by MRSMCCRAY

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this foundation! It is definitely my holy grail foundation. I wear this foundation in color 4.1. For reference I am NC45 in mac products. This foundation has a gel like consistency. I apply it with my fingers. I didn't give it five lippies because although it lasts for more than 15 hours, I do tend to get oily on my cheeks and chin after about 7 hours. But I simply blot with a paper towel and I'm good to go. I get compliments on this foundation all the time. It looks so natural. I simply set it with whatever powder I grab first. I've worn it for well over a year. It's 42.00 at ulta and sephora. I always wait until I have a 20% off coupon to buy it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2013 12:52:00 PM More reviews by Miloshy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

it covers very well...I wear it on rainy days coz this stuff really doesn't slide off, it's so waterproof I think it could be worn even at the beach lol...anyway people told me it looks kinda heavy and cakey on me, so I tend to use it only when I get some premenstrual under-skin blemishes coz this foundation covers imperfections very well...wish it looked more natural...I tried to apply it with a normal fdt brush, my hands and a stippling brush but still, the result is the same..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2013 3:59:00 PM More reviews by NinaSun

One of the better higher end foundations. It gives VERY good coverage - one layer is full coverage, medium at the least. The texture is also very creamy but not too runny, just the right viscosity to spread with fingers or a brush. It covers most things - freckles, scars, indents, veins, dark circles, etc. It has a matte finish and looks like porcelain skin when set with a setting powder. The price is a bit high but the product is amazing and there's a good color range for yellows but not really for pink undertones. I would definitely recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 8:22:00 AM More reviews by ByCharlotte

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have super dry dehydrated skin and I'd say texture is my biggest problem, along with redness - thankfully I tried this foundation! This is my go to foundation for work. It provides perfect coverage with a nice clean finish with super long wear. If you're like me and love a glow-y foundation look, this, in my experience at least, isn't the the most suited foundation. You can count on this to make you look polished and matte.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2013 10:54:00 PM More reviews by mickansley123

I love this foundation for my dry skin! It's lasts forever and keeps me hydrated without flaking. I have a sort of olive complexion so it works great for me but to anyone who has a pink or white undertone, I would not recommend this product. Also, I got this at Bella Donna when they had a sale on all smash box items! It only cost me $25!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2013 10:00:00 PM More reviews by LindaKarina

So this is my primary foundation. I have many but this is my "go to" it's a good coverage and long lasting. I always have to reapply by the afternoon but I think that's just me. It's not heavy and doesn't give you a cakey feel. A little really does go along way. But when they lady sold it to me she said it'd last me 8 months which was a lie for a good coverage. Maybe 8 months for someone who likes a sheer coverage but me that likes to be heavy covered it lasted me 5 months.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2013 4:00:00 PM More reviews by lizg629

I hate this foundation. I am so upset that it cost so much money. Anyway, I went to the department store looking for a nice foundation and was directed toward this one. I had hesitation because nearly all foundations in this line have yellow undertones (I am not yellow) and then women insisted that i was yellow. It looked okay when she applied it at the store so I purchased it. I tried it a few days later and it looked horrible on my skin! It's too yellow, it looks like a mask and it smells so bad. I hate this product and wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Not worth the money

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2013 7:34:00 PM More reviews by IUPgrad2010

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i wouldn't buy this again for anything...

absolute WORST foundation ive used...and I've used some bad ones...didn't last on my face any longer than 2 hours max....

im oily, but this made me look very disgustingly more oilier than normal.

colors orange out... not worth the money...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2013 3:52:00 PM More reviews by bamagirl417

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very fair skin with yellow undertones and extreme combination skin. We're talking skin visibly peeling in the dry areas and the BP oil spill in the T-zone (I'm allowed to say that... I live in Alabama). My face is so acne-prone it breaks out if you look at it the wrong way. It's truly a fantastic mix. Honestly, I never thought I would find ANY foundation that didn't make me look like a greasy Oompa-Loompa at the end of the day, because for some reason makeup manufacturers seem to think that everyone has a tinge of ORANGE in their skin.

I stumbled on this foundation by accident because I tried another foundation (High Definiton Healthy FX) from this brand and positively HATED it and only used the whole bottle because I wasn't going to waste all that money. At this point, I've tried just about every brand I can think of and was getting frustrated, so I just grabbed this foundation in a tone that seemed logical (1.2 Warm Fair) and got out of there before I changed my mind.

OMG. I unwittingly grabbed my HG. This is why:
1.) The tone matched my weirdo skin perfectly. There was no difference in tone between my face and the rest of me.
2.) I think I looked in the mirror about one million times a day the first week I was wearing it expecting it to have turned orange. It did not.
3.) The oil in my skin doesn't ruin it like it does most foundations-- The makeup starts out dry enough that the oil actually helps it blend in my skin and look glow-y and pretty instead of shiny.
4.) They weren't lying about the transfer-free thing. I can put my face on anything I want (I don't, though; that's weird) and I don't see any beige stuff on the surface later.
5.) They also totally weren't lying about that 15 hour thing. Holy cow. One time I put it on at 6:30 AM, forgot to wipe it off before Zumba class that evening (yeah, I was totally THAT girl), and it was still pretty flawless until I showered it off at like, 8:30.

I only have two semi-complaints:
1.) The pump is fantastic because it's sanitary and my face goes into DEFCON 1 if germs join the party. However, it also pretty much ensures that you aren't going to get all of the product out at the end, which kind of sucks because...
2.) HOLY COW, this stuff is expensive! Well, for me at least. But I guess it's worth it considering this bottle is 8 weeks old and still 1/3 full because I don't have to use much of it.

Also, I keep knocking the bottle off my counter which causes pieces of glass to chip off and hide somewhere in my bathroom, but I'm pretty sure that's just my fault for being a klutz.

Regardless, this works fantastically for MY skin. Your mileage may vary, but I'm in love with it.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No