Prada Candy EDP

3.5

Prada Candy is a new fragrance by Prada to be launched in August 2011. The composition includes an elegant mix of musks in the top, a sensual balsamic vanillic accord of benzoin in the heart and sweet modern caramel in the base of the fragrance.

My BF doesn't believe that skin chemistry can make a fragrance smell differently from person to person. HA! My BFF had been to Ulta and happened to get 2 samples of Prada Candy. We both sprayed some on and gave it several minutes. It REALLY did not work well on my friend; too sickly sweet and she went to wash it off right away. However, I loved the way it smelled on me; it settled into a warm, sweet musky close-to-the-skin scent. My BFF admitted that I could wear it where she could not; then we got my BF to judge. I'm not saying that he conceded that he was wrong (that'll be the day), but he did like it much much more on me and thought it was bottle-worthy. So do I. :-)

The bottle is gorgeous but that is where the compliments end for me. I enjoy sweet foodie scents and was expecting that from this fragrance but more sophisticated since this is Prada but this perfume smelled very "mature". None of the vanilla or sweet notes came through. The opening note was alcohol and it dried down to musky baby powder. I am very sensitive to scents and this one triggered a headache almost instantly.

on 4/8/2013 10:03:00 AM

I don't own this but I am drawn to it every time I go to the department store. Usually I am not a fan of vanilla scents, but this one smelled so sophisticated to me so I sprayed some on my wrist and wore it the whole day. Every time I would get whiffs of it, it was heaven. Well the second time I sprayed this on me, I loved the smell but noticed I was getting so nauseaous. I didn't know what was getting me sick until I scrubbed this off and my sickness was gone. So I rated this a 3 because I do like the way it smells but it makes me sick :( I think someone that can tolerate vanillas would really enjoy this. Of all the perfumes I've ever tried this is the first to get me sick.

on 3/21/2013 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Other, Cool

I don't love this. But my husband does and he got this and Flowerbomb for me for Valentine's Day. I hate Flowerbomb so that graciously got returned, as I convinced him I only needed one perfume for Valentine's Day. This is a very sweet fragrance, uncomplicated, it smells like vanilla and sugar. It reminds me of Luv's Baby Soft. It's not my thing. BUT, again, the husband really likes it. So I wear it for him. I put away my Black Orchid, since today marks the change from winter to spring, and I'll smell like a vanilla scented candle until winter returns.

Edited: I used it 3 times, 3 days in a row, and now I have a blistered raised rash on my neck and left wrist where I sprayed the product. I am generally not sensitive to any products, have no environmental allergies, and am tolerant of just about everything, so to have a breakout from a perfume is incredibly weird. The lady at Nordstrom said it might be from the vanilla, but I've never had a reaction to Vanilla before. Hat's off to nordstrom for taking it back with no complaint. Now I'm just waiting for the rash to go away.

on 3/17/2013 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I cant believe this perfume has grown on me. I used to hate it due to the fact its called 'Candy' but mainly smells like vanilla mixed w/fabric softener which makes this fragrance very soft & airy. Heck for $65 for a 1oz bottle I grew to like it! Lasts about 5 hours, depending on your bodily activites. The smell is addictive you'll wanna spray your fresh dried laundry with it!

on 3/10/2013 10:54:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I love it, it's sweet but warm and kind. For me it's not the typical candy sweet scent, but more of a refined and unique scent. It also dries down beautifully, a creamy sweet scent.
However I do agree that, for the price, the lasting power isn't the best (on me, about 4 hours).

on 3/5/2013 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I generally don't like sweet fragrances but tried it anyway (received a sample from an Ulta brochure). It smelled just okay when I first rubbed it on but by the end of the day, I just couldn't stop smelling it. The base notes are wonderful on my skin and I was so surprised at how feminine it smelled on me. I guess it just worked well with my body chemistry. This is the only fragrance that I can spray on all over without getting nauseated (I am one of those that can smell fragrances that I apply in the morning all day, unlike most people).

on 3/2/2013 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

It's been a long time since I've been this determined to get a fragrance. I received a sample in a Nordstrom shipment several weeks ago and have been obsessed! I drove as soon as I could to Ulta and scolded them for having a dry empty tester I thought that was a good sign. It's vanilla and sweet but somehow not offensive. I love the little bottle I got the smaller of the 2 sizes. I am 48 and I usually wear "safe" fragrances like Chanel no 5 eau premiere or Oscar de la Renta. It's my first step into Prada world.

on 2/19/2013 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Sweet and warm. I love it, a friend gave me her bottle because she didn't like it on her, and she complained the scent didn't last long on her.But I feel differently, it lasts for a few hours on me.I'm really excited I was gifted this perfume,when it runs out, I will definitely buy a bottle.

I just received this perfume as a gift, after of course smelling and spraying it countless times in various department stores. I am so happy I have this! The smell is beautiful, not too young or not too old for myself, a 22 year old professional. I love the vanilla notes of this. I was a bit hesitant of purchasing because a LOT of people say that the scent simply does not last. For me personally, I put in on at 7:00 this morning and now, 9 hours later, I can still smell it strong. So even if I did take the chance and purchased for myself, it would turn out to be a good investment! As far as the lasting power, I just spray as soon as I get out of the shower, let it dry, and then dress. It may just have to do with your body chemistry as well! So I would reccommend giving Prada Candy a try. Even for the smell alone. Its lovely.

Popular Fragrances