Prada Candy EDP

3.5

Prada Candy is a new fragrance by Prada to be launched in August 2011. The composition includes an elegant mix of musks in the top, a sensual balsamic vanillic accord of benzoin in the heart and sweet modern caramel in the base of the fragrance.

on 3/2/2013 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

It's been a long time since I've been this determined to get a fragrance. I received a sample in a Nordstrom shipment several weeks ago and have been obsessed! I drove as soon as I could to Ulta and scolded them for having a dry empty tester I thought that was a good sign. It's vanilla and sweet but somehow not offensive. I love the little bottle I got the smaller of the 2 sizes. I am 48 and I usually wear "safe" fragrances like Chanel no 5 eau premiere or Oscar de la Renta. It's my first step into Prada world.

on 2/19/2013 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Sweet and warm. I love it, a friend gave me her bottle because she didn't like it on her, and she complained the scent didn't last long on her.But I feel differently, it lasts for a few hours on me.I'm really excited I was gifted this perfume,when it runs out, I will definitely buy a bottle.

I just received this perfume as a gift, after of course smelling and spraying it countless times in various department stores. I am so happy I have this! The smell is beautiful, not too young or not too old for myself, a 22 year old professional. I love the vanilla notes of this. I was a bit hesitant of purchasing because a LOT of people say that the scent simply does not last. For me personally, I put in on at 7:00 this morning and now, 9 hours later, I can still smell it strong. So even if I did take the chance and purchased for myself, it would turn out to be a good investment! As far as the lasting power, I just spray as soon as I get out of the shower, let it dry, and then dress. It may just have to do with your body chemistry as well! So I would reccommend giving Prada Candy a try. Even for the smell alone. Its lovely.

on 2/19/2013 9:50:00 AM

A sophisticated sweet scent, who would have thought! Prada Candy smells like caramelized sugar, its girly and sweet without ever stepping over in the celebrity-scent range. I love it for those days I want to wear something fun and uncomplicated, but still want to feel somehow classic and polished.

on 2/16/2013 3:36:00 AM

Who called this an old lady scent? Some sensory impairment issues there. Old lady scents are heavy florals usually, of which this is the polar opposite.

If anything, the complaint could be that it's too young with it's sweet, childhood candy tone. I loved it but it lacks lastig power and at it's price that makes it a no re-order for me. I'd go for Hard Candy which is sweet but lasts.

Watch that cap on it, will drive you made. Remember the whole piece comes up.

on 2/11/2013 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I don't get the yummy gourmand notes from this scent. What really stands out after wearing it for over an hour are the powdery and floral notes. It smells really similar on my skin to Emporio Armani She. It's a softly floral, powdery Oriental... not really my style. There is one sweeter vanilla note that stands out, which I think is the benzoin.

Overall, Candy is too powdery on me, which makes it smell a bit "old lady." But it's a soft, inoffensive scent otherwise. It's not the sort of perfume that will enter a room before its wearer, nor is it terribly unique. I do think the bottle is gorgeous, though. I'd love to have this sitting on my vanity. Even the samples of this scent are beautifully packaged.

on 2/6/2013 3:52:00 PM

i love the smell but it doesn't last AT ALL!!! It's gone an hour after i spray it. very disappointing. :(

on 2/3/2013 9:54:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

The benzoin smells like play-doh, it doesn't last on the skin, and the bottle design reminds me of the actress Debbie Reynolds (weird I know, but I find her style repellant).

Bad news aside, someone gave me a shower gel and that was a fun product.

on 2/2/2013 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I like this scent. It is definitely unique and sweet. However, it didn't last on me whatsoever. There are some scents that I put in my hair rather than on skin, due to chemistry issues. I put this on my skin AND in my hair and by lunchtime, I couldn't detect it all and neither could my coworkers. I have other Prada scents and they last much longer than this one. I wish i could return it!!Too much money for too little benefit

on 1/21/2013 3:01:00 PM

I chose Candy from the Sephora Perfume Sampler at Christmas. I was really hard pressed to find one that was full bottle worthy. But I do quite like this. No sillage on this one, but it does last on my skin and clothes. Very warm and delicious. Upon first applying though, I do get a very strong blast of carrots. Yes, carrots! The carrot scent dissipates quickly and I am left with the caramel and musk. I don't agree that it smells like Pink Sugar. I can't stand that one. This has some butteriness to it. Reminds me of the long discontinued Warm Embrace from Victoria's Secret. Enjoyable.

Popular Fragrances